Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

It's amazing how in the wrong wilbur is

He's even more wrong than I was when the first strip landed and the singing cat was there and I thought it was going to be saccharine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

If Estelle had a dog they would be together because dogs are our friends and love salmon!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Wilbur is fundamentally a self-centered piece of poo poo who keeps avoiding consequences because his social group shields him from them. A sadly realistic relationship dynamic on the comics page.

2018 SNAPT

1979 comics

Bonus Beetle Bailey:

elsewhere in the 79 paper: behold the sci-fi technology that lets you look up weather, restaurant menus, and more on a common household screen!

Locher Tracy

Origins of the Sunday Comics

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Mandrake

Johnny Hazard

90s Overboard

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery

Endless Mike posted:

If Estelle had a dog they would be together because dogs are our friends and love salmon!

What got Wilbur all bothered with the cat anyway? All I can recall is that the cat was being friendly at an inconvenient time, take a second to pet the drat cat and it'll leave you alone jeez

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Libby was interrupting his singing by meowing

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery
During ~*MY SOLO*~

jfc Estelle ditch this diva

No for real that's like the most adorable thing the cat could do, during a casual hang out at her place, what is your PROBLEM Wilbur
(e: I mean, she is so woot)

\/\/ seriously it's social media gold. There is a channel with 300k or so subscribers for a bird that sings along to a guy with a guitar. I've watched it, it's heartwarming.

El Spamo fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Sep 2, 2021

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
"Wilbur, young people on this newfangled video thing called Tik Tok would line up around the block to watch a cat singing along with you."

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Haifisch posted:

elsewhere in the 79 paper: behold the sci-fi technology that lets you look up weather, restaurant menus, and more on a common household screen!

Do other countries still have teletext service? Because the Finnish version is honestly a pretty drat nifty way to check the important news stories and sports results without clickbaits or advertisements.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Haifisch posted:

Footrot Flats

Does Cooch live in a treehouse? What's going on?

El Spamo posted:

During ~*MY SOLO*~

jfc Estelle ditch this diva

No for real that's like the most adorable thing the cat could do, during a casual hang out at her place, what is your PROBLEM Wilbur
(e: I mean, she is so woot)

\/\/ seriously it's social media gold. There is a channel with 300k or so subscribers for a bird that sings along to a guy with a guitar. I've watched it, it's heartwarming.
The cat was trying to be friends. "You sing? I join in!"

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

(realbootleg)fr33k_on_@_l3@sh_by_limpbizkit.foa

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
The Far Side

Pickles

Zits

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
The MiniSec Ecocide Museum!

2007, which clicks really well in proximity to the latest Funny Animals Online. And features literal tree hugging. (December 24-28)

2011, featuring lots of heart-stopping tell-don't-show storytelling! (January 24-28)

After I took issue with Steph burying a potentially interesting bit of exposition as a wall of text, Julet Esqu took the middle strip to the workbench.

Others had different nits to pick.

Ghostlight posted:

Ugh, stop with the bullshit Genglish. It's been all right most of the time, but when the only definite article you know is "das" and the sentence SOUNDS TOTALLY loving WRONG, BECAUSE IT IS EVEN IF TRANSLATED INTO ACTUAL GERMAN, then don't loving do it. Machinery isn't neuter you loving hack. :eng99:

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Sep 3, 2021

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Now I want an elaborate revenge storyline with Wilbur. Just him at a kitchen table late at night going through plans and photos of the cat.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Ballard Street

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Um, I just wanted to say that I really like 100 Demons so far.

And also, I'm trying to remember what colour the lice my sister brought home and spread to me when she was five and I was nineteen were, because we're hella white.

E: I think they were sort of a light brown colour?

RoboRodent fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Sep 3, 2021

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

I don’t think that was the original caption

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Zereth posted:

Does Cooch live in a treehouse? What's going on?
Kind of. A sapling grew through his floorboards and he didn't have the heart to cut it down so now his living room has a big tree in it.

That guy should really chill out about grammar.

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
I want a strip of Wilbur walking in the rain, sobbing in front of Estelle’s house with Libby in the front window, warm and smiling.

And He Did! September 10, 1918

Outbursts of Everett True October 16, 1918

Gay and Her Gang October 16, 1929

Oaky Doaks March 18, 1936

Mopsy May 19, 1937

Up Front June 29, 1944

Dark Laughter June 19, 1948

Those Were the Days January 12, 1956

Wee Pals December 7, 1965

Dogbert April 26, 1966

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

This isn't even true in the context of this thread, which features a large number of antiquated comics stuck in a thirty year old time warp about old people written by boomers.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

farewell only character who doesn't suck

I looked it up and Courtney isn't actually going anywhere. She's too useful as an employee Marla can complain about despite it being trivially easy for Marla to get rid of her if she really wanted to.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.

Slammy posted:

Those Were the Days January 12, 1956

I first read the guy in the second panel as saying "Too Much Uranium Activity Here", which put a different spin on the first panel.

Some Guy TT posted:

I looked it up and Courtney isn't actually going anywhere. She's too useful as an employee Marla can complain about despite it being trivially easy for Marla to get rid of her if she really wanted to.

IIRC Marla does try to fire Courtney, but Stuart says they should keep her on since she doesn't get paid that much. Later when Marla becomes store manager, she does fire Courtney who then ends up working at the coffee kiosk with Marla's blonde doppelganger.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Hostile V posted:

(realbootleg)fr33k_on_@_l3@sh_by_limpbizkit.foa

Real talk, the funny online animal is right. If you're doing :filez: these days, you ought to be doing it through a good VPN service. (And honestly, if you'll forgive me a moment of tinfoil-hattery, I'd say it's a good idea to run most of your browsing through a VPN whether you pirate or not.)

The funny online animal is also correct that most of the poo poo out there isn't worth watching anyway.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Jucika "234 - Jucika's Knitted Dress"

"235 - Jucika As A Traffic Controller"

Just Dan Again
Dec 16, 2012

Adventure!

Slammy posted:

And He Did! September 10, 1918

Lassos were a surprisingly important part of World War 1 aeronautics.

Does this one smell a little edit-y, or is that the spoor of Turbo Impala on the wind?

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

EasyEW posted:

The MiniSec Ecocide Museum!

2007, which clicks really well in proximity to the latest Funny Animals Online. And features literal tree hugging. (December 24-28)

2011, featuring lots of heart-stopping tell-don't-show storytelling! (January 24-28)

After I took issue with Steph burying a potentially interesting bit of exposition as a wall of text, Julet Esqu took the middle strip to the workbench.

Others had different nits to pick.

Aww, I thought these were gone forever! It's nice to see--- Oh. Nice R-Word drop, old me. :ughh:

I hate Bernice in most ways, but I have to admit I do share her love of most likely pointless office supplies.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Julet Esqu posted:

Aww, I thought these were gone forever! It's nice to see--- Oh. Nice R-Word drop, old me. :ughh:

If it helps at all, I know I made a few posts back in the day that make me cringe now, for exactly the same reason. Neither of us intended to offend -- it was just the vernacular back then and we used it without thinking -- but in the intervening time we've become more aware of such things, and we've each made an effort to improve ourselves.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Garfield

Heathcliff

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

lol

Compu-toon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Classic Kevin & Kell in: and that's all she wrote (May 26 - June 1, 2003)

And this is it, folks. The very last on-panel appearance of Vin Vulpen; we'll literally never see him again.

It was a nice scene at least.

Modern Kevin & Kell

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

dismas posted:

I don’t think that was the original caption

I agree.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
What species is Hellworld John Hurt?

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

somepartsareme posted:

What species is Hellworld John Hurt?

Seahorse

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

think of it like the "Who's Who" of genitals

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

What's going on with his glasses, did hid Google glasses break down or what?

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 9/2/01

Brenda Starr 3/3-5/47

Smokey Stover 3/14/43

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Captain Kosmos posted:

What's going on with his glasses, did hid Google glasses break down or what?

The lenses were the color of television, tuned to a dead channel

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Jan. 26, 1947)

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
BCN

Phoebe

Wallace

Curtis

Vargo fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Sep 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
The Far Side

Pickles

Zits