Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ok for real whos your team
This poll is closed.
The Green Bay Packers 81 35.53%
The Chicago Bears 52 22.81%
The Minnesota Vikings 42 18.42%
The Detroit Lions 53 23.25%
Total: 228 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Forrest on Fire posted:

Probably good since Goodwin is their #3 and is historically not able to stay healthy. Why do they still have five tight ends?

Wow this is going to look foolish when jesper horsted has a breakout year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

Wow this is going to look foolish when jesper horsted has a breakout year

Then why'd they keep Graham too? Check and mate :agesilaus:

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

You're allowed to run 5 TE sets

Try and stop it

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

GNU Order posted:

You're allowed to run 5 TE sets

Try and stop it

Just wait until LaFleur marches out the Tonyan, Lewis, Dafney, Deguara, and Dillon max power package

And then it's a play action, Rodgers 30 yard completion to Tonyan against single high

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Pops Mgee posted:

Cowards didn’t ask about the real infamous tweet.

I mean they were playing the Cowboys that day, so you can't really blame him

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Gonz posted:

Mitch gets interviewed about the NVP trophy, Double Doink and Titty Kissin’.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otnQzsw8OpU

Fantastic interview from the greatest Chicago Bears quarterback of all time. I had no idea the NVP trophy was also a kaleidoscope. That’s so cool!

Also Trubisky confirmed the Double Doink was tipped and totally not Cody Parkey’s fault. As a longtime advocate of Justice for Cody Parkey it warms my heart to see a Bears legend like Trubisky finally set the record straight.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

Just wait until LaFleur marches out the Tonyan, Lewis, Dafney, Deguara, and Dillon max power package

And then it's a play action, Rodgers 30 yard completion to Tonyan against single high

This gets me as equally excited as when Wisconsin runs their Barge package

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

BGrifter posted:

Fantastic interview from the greatest Chicago Bears quarterback of all time. I had no idea the NVP trophy was also a kaleidoscope. That’s so cool!

Also Trubisky confirmed the Double Doink was tipped and totally not Cody Parkey’s fault. As a longtime advocate of Justice for Cody Parkey it warms my heart to see a Bears legend like Trubisky finally set the record straight.

I mean a kick that can be tipped is the kickers fault.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Forrest on Fire posted:

Probably good since Goodwin is their #3 and is historically not able to stay healthy. Why do they still have five tight ends?

Please do not disrespect bears legend jimmy graham and his understudies like this

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Dexo posted:

I mean a kick that can be tipped is the kickers fault.

The DD was a 43 yard attempt. Aiming it higher means the ball's more likely to come up short or to get blown off course.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

SKULL.GIF posted:

The DD was a 43 yard attempt. Aiming it higher means the ball's more likely to come up short or to get blown off course.

A 43 harder is not a 50+ harder or a 60 yarder

You should be able to hit that at an angle that isn't tipped

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Remember when the double doink broke Nagy’s brain and that’s all he focused on in that offseason?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Dexo posted:

A 43 harder is not a 50+ harder or a 60 yarder

You should be able to hit that at an angle that isn't tipped

Guess you don't need an offensive line at all, just trot out the LS and holder. Give everyone else a breather.

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

I expect Marcedes Lewis, 69 years old, 420 pounds, 6'9" to put up >4tds & <50yds receiving on the season. 1 rushing td

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

doctorthefonz posted:

I expect Marcedes Lewis, 69 years old, 420 pounds, 6'9" to put up >4tds & <50yds receiving on the season. 1 rushing td

I still remember a super excited coworker drafting Lewis on his fantasy team...in 2008.

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

He's honestly been super solid. Decent hands and a monster blocker. Locker room guy too

T-Square
May 14, 2009

G-Wagon rules

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Jen X posted:

Please do not disrespect bears legend jimmy graham and his understudies like this

Jimmy G & the Understudies is the name of my Chicago Red Line jazz group. Yes we only play Sweet Home Chicago why do you ask

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

da bears

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Justin Fields is currently being drafted in 49.1% of ESPN fantasy leagues. That's higher than Tua Tagovailoa, who is starting for Miami.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

https://twitter.com/ringer/status/1433529920429477891
"Swole Ted Lasso" is maybe a little much, I mean, do we even know if Campbell can bake?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I have zero expectations for the Lions for the next two seasons. They’ve got a shitload of first round draft picks and for the first time in my life, the possibility exists that they won’t draft a bunch of players who turn into pumpkins the first time they lace up their cleats in the pros.

But if they can’t win poo poo starting in 2023, then yeah, Campbell’s schtick is going to wear thin.

It helps a lot, though, that their coaching staff isn’t full of people whom the players actively hate and want to escape from.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Justin Fields is currently being drafted in 49.1% of ESPN fantasy leagues. That's higher than Tua Tagovailoa, who is starting for Miami.

Have any of these people seen the Bears o-line?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

sweet geek swag posted:

Have any of these people seen the Bears o-line?

Running yards as he scrambles for his life are worth twice as much as passing yards.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I still can't believe the bears drafted Marc Colombo 2.0.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

mastershakeman posted:

Everyone should have been immediately concerned when the team drafted Jenkins and then said that very day the plan was to play him out of position at LT, where he had all of nine starts in his career.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

mastershakeman posted:

more of a chris williams

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
The next Gabe Carimi

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Jen X posted:

The next Gabe Carimi

i watched enough wisconsin football that i was convinced gabe would be a stud i forgot that NFL lineman also have to be athletic

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the only lineman the bears drafted in the first round that ever worked out this century is kyle long. they had two 7th round guys that started more games and one of them was j'marcus webb!!!!!

tell mike martz i said "gently caress you"

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

R.D. Mangles posted:

more of a chris williams

Can't believe I mixed up my busts

And yeah their best 1st round offensive pick of the century was the 7th interior lineman off the board who had barely played in college. Go figure

The Smuggest Cat
Jun 19, 2011
Hello I would like to introduce myself as a Bears fan that lives in Wisconsin. I imagine you'll see me off and on again in the thread throughout the season. I hope the Bears aren't 8-8 this season.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

The Smuggest Cat posted:

Hello I would like to introduce myself as a Bears fan that lives in Wisconsin. I imagine you'll see me off and on again in the thread throughout the season. I hope the Bears aren't 8-8 this season.

They may end up 8-8-1!

The Smuggest Cat
Jun 19, 2011

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

They may end up 8-8-1!

i forgot about the 17 regular games this season. In that case - the Bears will be 7-8-2.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

The Smuggest Cat posted:

i forgot about the 17 regular games this season. In that case - the Bears will be 7-8-2.

Dont worry about the record. This thread is for self loathing because of our teams whether we were indoctrinated at a young age or voluntarily chose these teams at some point. There will occasionally be highs, but there are always lows. Some beyond imaginable. I dont like the lions, but i feel bad Patricia was ever a part of their team.

The Smuggest Cat
Jun 19, 2011

ZombieCrew posted:

Dont worry about the record. This thread is for self loathing because of our teams whether we were indoctrinated at a young age or voluntarily chose these teams at some point. There will occasionally be highs, but there are always lows. Some beyond imaginable. I dont like the lions, but i feel bad Patricia was ever a part of their team.

Just a preemptive forecast for the Bears. I was indoctrinated as Broncos fan growing up in Denver and was in Denver through the Manning era. My parents are from Chicago and I adopted that heavily after moving to Wisconsin, so here I am. The past two years were exciting at first, but fell flat by the post-season. I want to believe something's changed since then, but there's no chance when Pace is at the helm.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Just resent the Packers and laugh at everyone else loving up horribly and you'll fit in great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

He's starting in 1.7% of leagues lol. I have to imagine his high rating has messed up some people relying on autopick