Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Eej posted:

I keep reading that sign as XEPENT

That dude reminds me of Keith Flint

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

AndyElusive posted:

That dude reminds me of Keith Flint

COME PLAY MOI GAAAAAAME

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
These Krieg models are pretty drat intricate. I had to do a tiny bit of kitbashing in order to get more gunners for the kill team. Otherwise I'm hype as hell for this KT box

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
Jump pack praetor for the mobile inclined war

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

:hist101:

Leperflesh posted:

It seems to me that you're sorta missing the point. I'm not handing out warnings and probations on the basis of deciding for everyone that the runes on the transfer sheet are definitely nazi. What I'm trying to make clear is that we won't tolerate goons using the rhetorical strategies of the alt-right to dismiss and ridicule people who have raised this kind of concern. If someone wants to engage in a good-faith debate, argue that they personally don't find those symbols on the transfer sheet to be a problem and they think GW wasn't exercising poor judgement there, then they can find a way to express that opinion that isn't dismissive of the very real underlying problem of alt-right jackholes normalizing their evil, and that doesn't denigrate and insult the people who don't agree with their take.

Someone in the mod forum linked to this, the first in a series of videos, that I think might be helpful to understand what this playbook looks like, for folks genuinely interested in avoiding it. I haven't watched the series, but even just this first 9-minute intro covers the basics pretty well. This is from 2017 so it spends a minute talking about the pathway to getting Trump in power, but all of it is still quite relevant today.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xGawJIseNY

This is the quality content that I lurk for months and occasionally surface with a hit-and-run post for.

That krieg kill team is also baller.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Trying to figure out what to do with my two sets of Indomitus Marines. I'd like to do a Space Marine force but can't decide on what marines to choose. I really like Dreadnoughts, would prefer a melee focused army, and would like to stick to primaris when possible.

I've managed to narrow it down to:

Iron Hands
Black Templars
Space Wolves

Iron Hands love dreadnoughts and the lists I've seen tend to stick to primaris models but they are absolutely a shooting army

Black Templars are super melee focused and are getting a bunch of new primaris models soon but don't seem to have much love for Dreadnoughts, a bit of an unknown quantity with the supplement coming out soon

Space Wolves are good on the dreadnoughts and the melee focus but they seem to be more focused on small marines than any other marine army out there, plus some of their models are really stupid looking (wulfen, stormwolfs and Grimnar on his wolf sled)

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Haven't painted in a while, but watched some army highlights and was inspired to paint another guard squad. This took a little over 3 hours from start to finish.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Verisimilidude posted:

Haven't painted in a while, but watched some army highlights and was inspired to paint another guard squad. This took a little over 3 hours from start to finish.

Fuuuuuck. Fuuuuuuuuuuccck.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

AnEdgelord posted:

Trying to figure out what to do with my two sets of Indomitus Marines. I'd like to do a Space Marine force but can't decide on what marines to choose. I really like Dreadnoughts, would prefer a melee focused army, and would like to stick to primaris when possible.

Iron Hands
Black Templars
Space Wolves

Iron Hands love dreadnoughts and the lists I've seen tend to stick to primaris models but they are absolutely a shooting army

Black Templars are super melee focused and are getting a bunch of new primaris models soon but don't seem to have much love for Dreadnoughts, a bit of an unknown quantity with the supplement coming out soon

Space Wolves are good on the dreadnoughts and the melee focus but they seem to be more focused on small marines than any other marine army out there, plus some of their models are really stupid looking (wulfen, stormwolfs and Grimnar on his wolf sled)

No one does Dreadnoughts like IH do, but FWIW any of them can be as primaris or smol as ylu want

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Blood Angels can give their dreadnoughts "wings" and lore wise are heavily primaris'd now. Some of their strongest units are first born though

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Verisimilidude posted:

There's no way I'm going to paint mine this quick, but here's the color scheme I'm thinking of, pink jackets, blue pants and masks, white socks, black leather

GHOST_BUTT
Nov 24, 2013

Fun Shoe

AnEdgelord posted:

You can always run a successor chapter. I'm working on a Wolfspear army right now, all Primaris with Space Wolves flavor and heavily geared toward melee. Plus, whatever issues exist with the transfer sheet, one exists, so you don't have to paint a million identical sigils.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Hello Warhams

I recently went back into covid lockdown, and I had picked up the 40k Elite Box a few months ago and I forgot about it until now. I haven't painted models before aside from a single salamander when I was a teen but I'm pretty happy with how these came out and wanted to share :shobon: I don't have a lot of paints due to being on lockdown - literally only the citadel starter box, a black primer can and a few brushes but I managed to get this together with the paints there. I've got a few blood angels I'm working on too but those are still ages away.

I wasn't sure what colour scheme I wanted to paint with these dudes but I didn't want to do the traditional bog-standard necron.

I was inspired by the Nephrekh dynasty stuff - talking about how they are gilded in "metagold" - but couldn't find any official paintschemes to use. I'm happy with that concept now I've done a few test models though.

Solus fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Sep 3, 2021

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Spanish Manlove posted:

There's no way I'm going to paint mine this quick, but here's the color scheme I'm thinking of, pink jackets, blue pants and masks, white socks, black leather

I think you might want to tone down either the pink or blue otherwise it'll be too bright and you will literally have a space Barbie on your hands.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

AnEdgelord posted:

Iron Hands
Black Templars
Space Wolves

If you’re willing to wait and see, there’s the Wolfspear Index Astartes in the next WD, and since they’re canonically an All-Primaris Space Wolves successor chapter, you wouldn’t have to use the models you dislike at all (since their rules will presumably reflect this) On the downside you also couldn’t use Ragnar or Bjorn.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Z the IVth posted:

I think you might want to tone down either the pink or blue otherwise it'll be too bright and you will literally have a space Barbie on your hands.

I see no problem with this.

My suggestion is to use the blue as the shade colour for the coat for the coats to get a colour shift effect and then a black shade for the pants to make it darker than the blue shadow on the coats.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

AnEdgelord posted:

Iron Hands
Black Templars
Space Wolves

So if you have two sets of Indomitus marines I'm assuming you have:

• Two captains with sword and shield
  • Two lieutenants with sword and shield
  • Two chaplains on foot
  • Two Judiciars
  • 6 Bladeguard Veterans
  • 2 Bladeguard Ancients
  • 6 Eradicators
  • 6 Outriders
  • 20 Assault Intercessors

Realistically of your three choices, the armies that these models most closely align with is Space Wolves and Black Templars. I can't see you ever using 20 Assault Intercessors, blade guard Ancients, Judiciars, chaplains etc with Iron Hands. Bladeguard and Outriders are sort of a "maybe" with them too.

If I wanted to do an iron hands army very little in that Indomitus list would be on my list of units to buy, to the point I'd say well you are essentially starting from scratch if you want a competitive list.

Of Black Templars and Space Wolves, its the latter that go more in on cool dreadnoughts and while they do have unique small marine units my partners space wolf army contains a grand total of 2 small marine units (thunderwolf cav and Murderfang if you count old dreads as small marine) and some wolves (not marines big or small I guess?) so it's not a problem.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
Just turn one of the captains or the extra blade guard ancient in to a Libby or an apoc. Get rid of the shield and add one if the hands or guns from the assault intercessors sprue or just snap off the halo and fill in the skelly and he can be an extra bladeguard especially with a normal helmet. Likewise with the lieutenants you can either run them as that or they make very good subs for blade guard sergeants.
Make your own custom chapter and play your marines as whatever you wish. Several successful tournament armies are running as successors of chapters including iron hands, space wolf's and ultramarines because with the traits born heroes and whirlwind of range they all dish it out in the fight phase. And they can be in whatever color you like. Take whatever special units you like. The only thing they can't do is take the special characters for that chapter. But even then if you wanted to run Ragnar for a game, buy him and paint him in your chapter colors and run your army as pure space wolf's for those games.
The beauty of this is that it saves you a great deal of money and you will never be bored. Buy some wulfen and paint them as your army, buy some sang guard and do the same. Or why not the new Black templar flamer dude.
If you just want to get some games in , what you have makes a pretty decent white scars list, they I think make the best generic marines without anything added like dreadnoughts or smol assault marines.

MRLOLAST fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Sep 3, 2021

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Z the IVth posted:

That's entirely the point.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

MRLOLAST posted:

Libby or an apoc

I know 'Libby' is reddit slang for Librarian, but what does apoc mean?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Floppychop posted:

apothecary

should be apoth but well, you know

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013

Floppychop posted:

Apothecary. I recommend converting the extra blade guard ancient. Remove standard, give a gun, paint white and red.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Solus posted:

Hello Warhams

I recently went back into covid lockdown, and I had picked up the 40k Elite Box a few months ago and I forgot about it until now. I haven't painted models before aside from a single salamander when I was a teen but I'm pretty happy with how these came out and wanted to share :shobon: I don't have a lot of paints due to being on lockdown - literally only the citadel starter box, a black primer can and a few brushes but I managed to get this together with the paints there. I've got a few blood angels I'm working on too but those are still ages away.

I wasn't sure what colour scheme I wanted to paint with these dudes but I didn't want to do the traditional bog-standard necron.

I was inspired by the Nephrekh dynasty stuff - talking about how they are gilded in "metagold" - but couldn't find any official paintschemes to use. I'm happy with that concept now I've done a few test models though.

color scheme remind me of some kind of cosmonauts, making them feel like invaders from space. this is a really unique scheme for them, very cool

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/09/03/4-ways-the-black-templars-take-zealotry-to-a-whole-new-level/

That's mostly a fluff article but it does mention that rules previews are going to start dropping by next week so expect the Black Templars codex to be up for preorders soon.
Although some of the new art is rad as gently caress.

Also that "sub to WH+" footnote was a bit too eye rolling.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

Spanish Manlove posted:

That's entirely the point.

Be careful you don't run so far from Nazi that you buffer overflow into Brony.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Thanks for all the advice everyone. Iron hands are probably out just due to the stuff I own so that leaves Space Wolves and Black Templars.

Im not under any time pressure so I think Ill wait to see how the Black Templars turn out with their upcoming release. If that doesnt hook me Ill probably go for Space Wolves (painted in their superior pre-heresy scheme of course). I like dreadnoughts and primaris but those are just prefences and not hard dealbreakers for me.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

AnEdgelord posted:

Thanks for all the advice everyone. Iron hands are probably out just due to the stuff I own so that leaves Space Wolves and Black Templars.

Im not under any time pressure so I think Ill wait to see how the Black Templars turn out with their upcoming release. If that doesnt hook me Ill probably go for Space Wolves (painted in their superior pre-heresy scheme of course). I like dreadnoughts and primaris but those are just prefences and not hard dealbreakers for me.

Rumour has it the new BT box comes with a Redemptor Dreadnought...

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Z the IVth posted:

Thats also the point. If they look obnoxiously effeminate then I did a good job.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
In one of the books (Ciaphas Cain maybe?) they talk about the local PDF units wearing fuchsia uniforms, so I say go for it.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Z the IVth posted:

You say that, but there are a disturbing amount of Nazi bronies.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Is there a decent way to magnetize a forgefiend and maulerfiend? Or if it's a huge pain to do so, what would the better option be for a thousand sons army? I was thinking maulerfiend with magma cutters

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Is there a decent way to magnetize a forgefiend and maulerfiend? Or if it's a huge pain to do so, what would the better option be for a thousand sons army? I was thinking maulerfiend with magma cutters

It’s one of biggest pains in the rear end to magnetise but still quite doable. I’d say it’s slightly less of a pain than when I magnetised my baneblade, but only slightly. I do think it’s a good idea to magnetise as the ‘meta-pick’ has changed between mauler and forge quite a few times. In 8th maulers were preferred, but beginning of 9th the autocannon forgefiend had a revival, but also because it might even be relevant for different builds.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Cooked Auto posted:

Also that "sub to WH+" footnote was a bit too eye rolling.

Must be a mandate to plug it in every article, and that one is particularly obtuse. "Did you know you can pay GW to learn how to GW our paints and GW brushes to paint GW models black!"

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I know nobody cares but I finally made my decision. I'm going Death Guard as my main army. Going to try and build it up, get some games in, then I'll consider expanding to another faction. But you hams were right in that it'd suck to have two half armies instead of one full one.

That other faction will probably be Tyranids because they're just cool and I've always liked the Zerg bug thing they've got going on. Maybe by the time I get to that point, they'll have a new codex.

Either way, it's time to make some lists (500 pts to start with, yeah?) and buy some plastic dollies.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Verisimilidude posted:

Verisimilidude posted:

This took a little over 3 hours from start to finish.

Verisimilidude posted:

3 hours from start to finish.

:tviv:

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Aranan posted:

I know nobody cares but I finally made my decision. I'm going Death Guard as my main army. Going to try and build it up, get some games in, then I'll consider expanding to another faction. But you hams were right in that it'd suck to have two half armies instead of one full one.

That other faction will probably be Tyranids because they're just cool and I've always liked the Zerg bug thing they've got going on. Maybe by the time I get to that point, they'll have a new codex.

Either way, it's time to make some lists (500 pts to start with, yeah?) and buy some plastic dollies.

Welcome, plaguey bug friend.

I managed to snag another lictor to add to my Tyranids :cthulhu:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Aranan posted:

Cool, blightlord terminators are really strong and the models are really cool as well. I think my favourite death guard unit is the bloat drone with a flesh mower. Everyone in the group I play with is terrified of it

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

Floppychop posted:

You say that, but there are a disturbing amount of Nazi bronies.

It's hard to imagine anything worse than a Nazi or a pedophile but life finds a way I guess.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I can't believe I'm coming to the defense of bronies, but I think they just really really like My Little Pony. Not child abuse.

God, I hope this doesn't turn into some stupid fuckin derail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

AndyElusive posted:

I can't believe I'm coming to the defense of bronies, but I think they just really really like My Little Pony. Not child abuse.

God, I hope this doesn't turn into some stupid fuckin derail.

Bonies are cool these days, or is that furries?

Space Wolves are still cunts #1k4lyfe