Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

ekuNNN posted:

so true :xd: (from 1929)

this all checks out -- you can get cbd shots in your Morning Java, Soylent (with or without caffeine and l-theanine) is a thing, we've got Aibo, electric fireplaces and space heaters in general are things, checkerboard tiles are trendy, and legal weed with beautiful sunsets thanks to air pollution all but guarantees a pleasant evening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
give me Carbon

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Real hurthling! posted:

huffing porridge and admiring my sonic 3d blast level floor tiles

my hands started twitching the correct sequence to complete the first special stage in sonic 3 & K

pygmy tyrant
Nov 25, 2005

*not a small business owner

ekuNNN posted:

lmao at nitrogen on the vape menu. Just having some whipits for dinner

e: Maybe ammonia for curing your covid is more realistic these days

pygmy tyrant has issued a correction as of 23:49 on Sep 1, 2021

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

pygmy tyrant posted:

remembering that one person that wanted to make nitro cold brew at home but accidentally used N2O and made whippit coffee

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Jonny 290 posted:

remembering that one person that wanted to make nitro cold brew at home but accidentally used N2O and made whippit coffee

better than trying to make koolaid with liquid oxygen and ending up with a pitcher full of explosion?

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Assuming the carbon and nitrogen are both suicide booth options given how Bad too much of them can be.

The big question is what happens if you hold down two buttons.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

tokin opposition posted:

The big question is what happens if you hold down two buttons.

Carbonated Porridge

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Oatly Sodastream

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

The mechanical dog explodes.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the fireless fireplace becomes a normal fireplace

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

ekuNNN posted:

This is the height of luxury. The less said about the gases available to me, the better

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slćgt skal fřlge slćgters gang

pygmy tyrant posted:

e: Maybe ammonia for curing your covid is more realistic these days

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitrous_oxide#/media/File:Doctor_and_Mrs_Syntax,_with_a_party_of_friends,_experimentin_Wellcome_L0022227.jpg

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

ekuNNN posted:

The Machine Stops (1909)

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

ekuNNN posted:

Mostly correct but I demand my soothing cloud of porridge vapor

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Where's the cyanide option

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Kitfox88 posted:

Where's the cyanide option

gotta ask for almonds

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Jonny 290 posted:

I really want to know if it... worked?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

I really want to know if it... worked?

probably

https://www.cooksillustrated.com/how_tos/11550-how-to-make-nitro-cold-brew-coffee

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

ekuNNN posted:

my "PLEASANT EVENING

ISN'T IT" shirt seems to be raising questions that are already answered by my shirt

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Shear Modulus posted:

my "PLEASANT EVENING

ISN'T IT" shirt seems to be raising questions that are already answered by my shirt
*IS'NT IT

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

when google killed play music I didn’t have access to a computer and I couldn’t download my albums so I started using youtube music, had to switch phones and now all but one of my albums have vanished from my account. still available to stream but can’t download them without paying for premium. :iia:

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

RandolphCarter posted:

when google killed play music I didn’t have access to a computer and I couldn’t download my albums so I started using youtube music, had to switch phones and now all but one of my albums have vanished from my account. still available to stream but can’t download them without paying for premium. :iia:

sounds like you need need to pen a strongly worded letter to the marketplace of ideas then adopt a CEO mindset and bootstrap yourself a kinetic dispute resolution service

then the almighty market will work this inefficiency out

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

RandolphCarter posted:

i just pirate MP3s

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
soulseek

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

I can’t listen to mp3s on Spotify Connect or Alexa, no thanks!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Rutibex posted:

i just pirate MP3s

It's weird i used to pirate music for so long and youtube pretty much killed the need deader than anything the RIAA ever came up with

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Milo and POTUS posted:

It's weird i used to pirate music for so long and youtube pretty much killed the need deader than anything the RIAA ever came up with

i use youtube to pirate MP3s. i will never trust a web service to stay up forever, that seems obvious in this day and age

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

just lol if you don’t pay money to experience the shifting terrain of licensing deals every day

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
I always had problems with Spotify playlists not staying up to date. After a month or so, a quarter of the songs would just show as Unavailable. It's honestly more work to maintain your music on a streaming service because you are relying on a service to have all the songs you want, plus hoping that the maintainers of public playlists will actually maintain it.

Downloading MP3s is the way to go. Download it once, fix tags if needed, and copy/sync to other devices if you want to go mobile.

Weaponized Autism has issued a correction as of 19:56 on Sep 2, 2021

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

I buy music if it's for a small act, if they're too big for bandcamp they're too big for my dollars.

But yeah I can't imagine relying on a 3rd party streaming service for access to...basically anything. That's basically just only for totally disposable stuff. Plus I lose internet all the time (if nothing else, the subway) so it's just not even really usable.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Winamp has a Strongbad skin which is why I still put up with it.

It really whips the llama's rear end

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/verge/status/1433455136379133966?s=20

This is bullshit. I've never been able to get decent OTA TV reception, and Locast was awesome for local TV.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

freelop posted:

Winamp has a Strongbad skin which is why I still put up with it.

It really whips the llama's rear end

Same but the Fallout Pipboy 2000 skin :sun:

Also using Deezer and Deemix (https://telegra.ph/deemix---Frequently-Asked-Questions-FAQ-01-29) you can download almost any album you want as high quality MP3's :eng101:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
i still use billy

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

Tulip posted:

if they're too big for bandcamp they're too big for my dollars

Cannibal Corpse in the clear.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

the heydays of oink (and library.nu, even ebook farm, later) were good times to be online. the tech and interfaces were developed enough to be useful and usable by people who were motivated to seek and share music actively, but it did take some effort and research — you’d still have to figure out something like port mapping or multipart RAR files. you also had to know what you wanted, and probably had constraints on your network connection, so it’s likely that discovery involved reading music reviews, discussing with others online and IRL, etc.

meanwhile, the legal frameworks and consumer channels were still immature, so the devices that were available were designed to work with libraries of files, not with platform integrations. over time the affordances of the surviving software and hardware for organizing MP3 files and playing them have all but disappeared. yet many of the “releases” of the past were of much better quality than what is available to consumers today.

in summary,

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
Remington Subpoenas Report Cards of Five Children Killed in Sandy Hook Shooting

quote:

Gun company Remington has subpoenaed the report cards, attendance records, and disciplinary records of five kindergarten and first grade students murdered in the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, according to new court filings in a civil lawsuit filed against the company.

In addition, Remington subpoenaed employment records of four teachers who were killed in the shooting

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
What on loving earth :catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Tubgoat posted:

What on loving earth :catstare:

:d2a: