Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

VomitOnLino posted:

I was, as I like to put it, moved there.
Sadly my home country, which isn’t the US, is doing even worse.

I would love to emigrate to China and tried to set things in motion repeatedly in 2020/21, but it’s not that easy.
President Xi, save me from the idiots!

they need stuntmen in new zealand, you could always try changing careers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
goddamn, just catching up. so if I got the shot in April, two doses of Pfizer, I should be actively searching out some Moderna booster, right? Especially because I’m a teacher.

do you just call CVS and ask which poo poo they have?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Gio posted:

lmao they are knowingly killing people, convincing vaccinated ppl theyre invincible.

Hehe

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

seems to me like covid is OVER

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Casey Finnigan posted:

they need stuntmen in new zealand, you could always try changing careers

Sadly I’m only stunted and not a stuntman.

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

Blackhawk posted:

New Zealand: Seeing clear evidence of delta decline after 2.5 weeks of proper lockdown
NSW: Useless and weak members of society must die so that the strong may brunch
USA: HORSE PASTE

New Zealand: massive internet outage on a sunny Friday afternoon. Oh well time to stop "working from home" and start sitting in the sun drinking beer.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

My second dose was 2/22, I should probably lie and get a booster. Lol

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

My second dose was 2/22, I should probably lie and get a booster. Lol
Do it, man!
Your access to as much Vax as you want is the one (and only) thing I’m mad jealous of in the US.

Edit: Just had dose #2 yesterday and felt like absolute SHITE. But I’d do it again in a heartbeat. No hesitation.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Captain Magic posted:

goddamn, just catching up. so if I got the shot in April, two doses of Pfizer, I should be actively searching out some Moderna booster, right? Especially because I’m a teacher.

i'd go for either of the mrna shots. just show up at a cvs and say you're immunocompromised, don't elaborate if they ask why.. just go to another store. eventually one won't care and will jab you up.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

username post combo

also i don't believe you

Steely Dad
Jul 29, 2006

mod sassinator posted:

i'd go for either of the mrna shots. just show up at a cvs and say you're immunocompromised, don't elaborate if they ask why.. just go to another store. eventually one won't care and will jab you up.

Can confirm, I did this and got Pfized on the spot at a Walgreens an hour ago

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Sweet_Joke_Nectar posted:

anyone happen to have a link to these? assuming they’re compatible with the 3m 800 secure click series

looks like the price went up to $8.53 now

https://www.rshughes.com/p/3M-604-Exhalation-Valve-Filter-638060-43195/638060_43195/

they’re only compatible with the 3M 6XXX series

if you have a 7XXX or secure click check Etsy for custom 3d prints

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

lmao

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

mod sassinator posted:

i think we might have hit a 9/11 of death today, waiting for BNO's daily update in a bit to know for sure

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1433604802357960710

2,934 on NYTimes' feed

0.98 9/11s

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

Lovelyn posted:

Got an email earlier this week saying the new work policy is to wear covid PPE when caring for ALL patients, regardless of Covid status, which is good and cool

apparently this happened at my friend's work

"a brunch was performed on 8/31'

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

I transferred teams at work today and it turns out 3 out of the 4 other people on my new team caught covid at the beginning of August. I found this out today when they were all bitching about their hair loss and trading tips on how to regrow it. The sole person who didn't catch it yet probably will soon and is unvaxxed.

Coincidentally about 1/3 of the building's parking spaces have been vacant this week, and we have about 100-150 employees at this site (central IN).
:thunk:

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

fosborb posted:

2,934 on NYTimes' feed

0.98 9/11s

but muh brave 13 dead truups

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/Riley7News/status/1433605004988805130

I've said in the past that Trump would have helped out Morrison had he won, Bojo to the rescue. lol

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
one casualty of the pandemic for me is the word and concept of "brunch"

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

slinkimalinki posted:

New Zealand: massive internet outage on a sunny Friday afternoon. Oh well time to stop "working from home" and start sitting in the sun drinking beer.

I have a beer delivery on the way but it hasn't arrived yet and it's nearly chips and beer time this is very stressful!

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Captain Magic posted:

yes, get your booster asap

yeah, check with your local retail pharmacies to see what shot is being given on a particular day. your exact experience will vary based on the pharmacist, but whatever your story is, be prepared enough to answer the basic questions, and stick with your story.

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord

euphronius posted:

Alternatively we could try other measures to stop the spread of the disease

hmm like two months of coordinated food distribution and standard maintenance on public utilities wouldn’t be hard

but asking the robots of industries to slow down for a few days to rid the world of a contagious disease might offend number market :shrug:

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

kreeningsons posted:

sure are a lot of posts in this thread about something that's over (covid)

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Captain Magic posted:

The cvs / Walgreens website says what vaccine they have at each store. In my area cvs is Pfizer only and Walgreens is Moderna and Walmart has both, but the websites are good / detailed

Substandard fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Sep 3, 2021

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Captain Magic posted:

i used walgreens and the registration portal shows what vaccine each branch has. id imagine cvs is similar?

if you want to cross streams, you might have to go with fake name and 4/20/69 DOB

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Stereotype posted:

one casualty of the pandemic for me is the word and concept of "brunch"

brunch is cool and good to do at home

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

mod sassinator posted:

i think we might have hit a 9/11 of death today, waiting for BNO's daily update in a bit to know for sure

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1433604802357960710

labor day weekend awaits!

:unsmigghh:

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

lmao

that gives me the idea, of crushing it and snorting it - I mean covid enters through the nose, right?

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

mod sassinator posted:

aight cool, thanks

First of quarantines happened today; of course one of my kids.

Their masks are just permanently down at lunch. What did anyone expect?

Edit: many great pieces of advice, thank you. I’m a terrible liar so I’m going to have to practice this a minute.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Alright fools who’s ready for somewhat good news!

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-58410354

Kings College in the UK ran a study on long covid where they asked a bunch of people to check in regularly about their symptoms

Not only did being vaccinated cut down the risk of infection, but if you had a breakthrough infection, you were half as likely to have long covid after a month! This is contrary to earlier studies that said you were roughly as likely to have long covid as an unvaxxed person if you had a breakthrough

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Steve Yun posted:

Kings College in the UK ran a study on long covid where they asked a bunch of people to check in regularly about their symptoms

Not only did being vaccinated cut down the risk of infection, but if you had a breakthrough infection, you were half as likely to have long covid after a month! This is contrary to earlier studies that said you were roughly as likely to have long covid as an unvaxxed person if you had a breakthrough

yay :unsmith:

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
https://twitter.com/10NewsFirstSyd/status/1433614805986779136?s=20probably will hit 2k cases by monday. also 20% of ICU covid patients are vaccinated :magemage:

meanwhile, i'm cautiously optimistic about NZ:

https://twitter.com/covid19nz/status/1433280477121564686?s=20

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

deadliest day since yesterday

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Captain Magic posted:

Their masks are just permanently down at lunch. What did anyone expect?

Like at what point do we stop giving these ghouls the benefit of the doubt and just realize they're actively trying to kill us?

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Steve Yun posted:

hell yeah looking forward to becoming retarded but then they tell me it’s okay cause it lowered the chances

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

I have become a series of jokers whose laughs feed into each other in a cascade of unhinged hilarity

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Blackhawk posted:

I have a beer delivery on the way but it hasn't arrived yet and it's nearly chips and beer time this is very stressful!

So no food delivery but beer is A-OK? Noice.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

100 degrees Calcium posted:

So at this point we're not just collateral, we're active targets. Our death isn't just the cost of keeping number up, it's the point. Am I crazy?

Kapital, vol.1

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
we'll get there on Sept 9

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

fosborb posted:

we'll get there on Sept 9