Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

The Locator posted:

Are companions only available if you own the latest chapter?

Yes.

Usually each chapter introduces some new system, and you only get it if you own that chapter, or a year later when it goes into ESO+.

Like Summerset was jewelcrafting (*pretty* sure at least you couldn't do it without Summerset), scrying / antiquities was Greymoor, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

longtimelurker
Mar 12, 2006

Powered by alcohol

The companion does like to jump in front a lot! Extremely radiant AI!

She does keep me from my insect catching issues, but she also digs it when I kill baby sea vipers so Summerset beaches are scenes from a sea viper genocide.

What's the feeling on the guy companion?

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Doctor Zero posted:

also my favorite part of the companion is how they leap in front of the cursor just before you try to click on something - just like every Bethesda game ever. :haw:

NO I DONT WANT TO TALK TO YOU MIRRA\BASTION!

Also that blue shirted guy by the daily crafting turn in area in Leyawiin, gently caress him. He is even pushy and will push you over to the side so you click on the bags and steal stuff.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Trastion posted:

NO I DONT WANT TO TALK TO YOU MIRRA\BASTION!

Also that blue shirted guy by the daily crafting turn in area in Leyawiin, gently caress him. He is even pushy and will push you over to the side so you click on the bags and steal stuff.

On xbox, some "hero" :ninja: keeps killing him and then you only have to step over his corpse to turn your poo poo in.

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo
If you're on PC, there's an addon that makes it so you have to be in stealth and hidden to steal things (or deliberately hit the override button combo). It's wonderful.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

longtimelurker posted:

The companion does like to jump in front a lot! Extremely radiant AI!

She does keep me from my insect catching issues, but she also digs it when I kill baby sea vipers so Summerset beaches are scenes from a sea viper genocide.

What's the feeling on the guy companion?

he's really annoying but his skills are better for my build, so I deal with him telling me how cities are just like people, some try to help you, some want to hurt you, some just try to get your money blah blah fuckin blah

I would pay crowns for a companion voice pack to turn him into the Augur of the Obscure or Darien Gautier

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Aug 31, 2021

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

There is a goon guild on PCNA. It's active in that dozens of people log in frequently (50 or so people in the last day), it's not active in that we don't coordinate to do things together. But if you and others want to make it more active we certainly could. Post your username and I'll invite.

I'll take an invite as well. @Shanzival

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Is it the Chill Bros?

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Make sure you do you daily log ins this month as 100,000 Gold is the big reward. Granted for some Goons that is pocket change but it seems like we have some new/returning players so free money time :homebrew:

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Playing fashion scrolls with my house took me from almost 2 mil to having about 150k to my name. I'm excited for 100k day.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

For those new to login rewards: you have to actually claim them, not just login, and the rewards are for how many days you login that month, so the 100K gold requires you to login

Taerkar posted:

I'll take an invite as well. @Shanzival
Someone beat me to it.

Barreft posted:

Is it the Chill Bros?
Yeah.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

The Doormat posted:

The new Multithreading option in the latest update is a miraculous performance boost, I went from 30 FPS in cities on medium settings to 60 FPS with everything maxed out. I can't imagine it'd help with the burnout a lot of people get, but for active players it seems like a fantastic change.

This owns so much. Amazing performance boost.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

I'll also do a guild invite if they're going - @BrainInAJar9000

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010
I'll get into a guild to stop the random invites, @FlareTwists

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Oh you'll still get those probably. ESO lets you join 5 guilds account-wide

longtimelurker
Mar 12, 2006

Powered by alcohol

Are skrying leads sold besides the maps? I haven't seen any.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

longtimelurker posted:

For the most part, you get higher level leads from completing lower level leads (aside from the gold ones which come from specific drops). There's a pretty good Scrying leveling guide here: https://alcasthq.com/eso-antiquities-grind-guide-scrying-excavation-leveling/

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

longtimelurker posted:

Not 100% sure of your question, but if you're asking if you can buy leads like on a guildstore, the answer is no.

You get them from doing basically anything. It's quite a bit random, but I don't think they're supposed to be particularly rare? You'll just loot a chest or kill a boss or open a sack and "hey there's a new lead".

To me the bigger issue is that they expire after 30 days, and getting scrying / excavation high enough to do them is a bit time consuming, lol. I'm up to 7 I think, either way into the "good part" where I have to go to every zone.

But all that is just the "dropped" leads. Each zone has some basic leads you can always do. You'll do the green one (always available). It'll give you the blue one. You do the blue one - it disappears, but gives you the purple one. You do the purple one once, and it's gone forever. You can repeat the green / blue cycle forever. So every zone has that chain, and as the leveling guides tell you, going to every zone and doing that "guaranteed" purple for that one and only time is how you push through the higher levels.

If you own Greymoor or have ESO+ though, you've probably already got a good bit of other random leads to do while you're there too. Some zones I've had 2-3 other purple ones from drops to do along with the standard chain.

longtimelurker
Mar 12, 2006