Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Eat poo poo.

I apologize on further research this is only true of Faroese, Danish, and Icelandic and not Norwegian and Swedish where the vulgar word for female genitalia is fitta/fitte/fittu.

Additionally in the Finnic language of Estonian/Finnish they use vittu presumably from the same root.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

I've seen "kudde" in older Danish and Scanian (1600s)

Mzuri
Jun 5, 2004

Who's the boss?
Dudes is lost.
Don't think coz I'm iced out,
I'm cooled off.

FreudianSlippers posted:

I apologize on further research this is only true of Faroese, Danish, and Icelandic and not Norwegian and Swedish where the vulgar word for female genitalia is fitta/fitte/fittu.

Additionally in the Finnic language of Estonian/Finnish they use vittu presumably from the same root.

No one in Denmark says anything like "Kunta". It's "fisse" or "kusse" over here.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Mzuri posted:

No one in Denmark says anything like "Kunta". It's "fisse" or "kusse" over here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOua74Tg8eo

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

"Say you, say me", like the song, not "Show me, show you". I've been racking my brain for day's trying to figure out how Kikkoman fits into this, but didn't want to ask so as not to lose my memelord credibility. Turns out I was just really loving stupid - who knew!

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Me I did

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

A chipotle pepper is just a jalapeño that has been smoked. It isn’t a different breed of pepper, it’s just a smoked jalapeño.

This is a while back but you may like this:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

???

*eats a poo*

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ook ook ugh that taste bad. :(

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

This entire time I thought Philadelphia (1993) was about the Philadelphia experiment. It is not.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Netflix used to have Philadelphia Experiment 2 but the graphic they used had "experiment" in teensy tiny letters so it just looked like Philadelphia 2 which, hoo boy, that's not an easy sequel to make.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Freudian posted:

This entire time I thought Philadelphia (1993) was about the Philadelphia experiment. It is not.

It actually was, that's what Bruce Springsteen was referencing when he said "I was unrecognizable to myself."

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

exquisite tea posted:

It actually was, that's what Bruce Springsteen was referencing when he said "I was unrecognizable to myself."

"I can feel myself fading away" :aaaaa:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I was today years old when I figured out what HVAC stands for. (Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning).

I work in environmental planning. I have definitely run across that acronym before. Many times. I thought it had something to do with HazMat.

I swear I did actually earn this degree! :cry:

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
That I have never heard a Tom Waits song before and also that isn't the same person as John Mayer or Ben Folds, who I also can't name any songs by so much as associate the names with a particular period of time.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

he has a uh, pretty distinctive voice

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Beachcomber posted:

That I have never heard a Tom Waits song before and also that isn't the same person as John Mayer or Ben Folds, who I also can't name any songs by so much as associate the names with a particular period of time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaLjwSpZ6Cs

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Beachcomber posted:

This isn't quite on the level of "coldplay are a pantera side project" but it's getting there

Also, did you ever watch The Wire? Have you ever seen Fight Club or Shrek 2?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Beachcomber posted:

Not only are they as opposite musically as you can get, Waits has been going consistently since the 70s and the other 2 are 90s/00s.

Luckily, Waits is one of the best musicians on earth so you now have the opportunity to check out some truly rad music

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
I only somewhat recently realized that the Red Hot Chili Peppers and the Black Eyed Peas weren't the same band. I had never heard an RHCP song and known it before

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

somepartsareme posted:

I only somewhat recently realized that the Red Hot Chili Peppers and the Black Eyed Peas weren't the same band. I had never heard an RHCP song and known it before

Yeah they just have the same vocalist.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

somepartsareme posted:

I had never heard an RHCP song and known it before
I'm deeply sorry that you've become familiar with the Red Hot Chili Peppers and I offer you my thoughts and prayers.

It'll be okay. You can get through this 💖

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
I only became aware of them through learning how to play the bass and no one would shut up about Flea. He is in fact a pretty good bassist but I'll reserve judgement about the rest of the band

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
He's an amazing bass player, and they have some legitimately good tunes, and some others that would be great if Kiedis didn't ruin them.

You can also get some wild Flea action from Deloused in the Comatorium, and some other collabs

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Failed Imagineer posted:

He's an amazing bass player, and they have some legitimately good tunes, and some others that would be great if Kiedis didn't ruin them.

You can also get some wild Flea action from Deloused in the Comatorium, and some other collabs

I first saw Flea in the film clip for Bust a Move and thought he looked like an absolute wildman.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

I'm deeply sorry that you've become familiar with the Red Hot Chili Peppers and I offer you my thoughts and prayers.

It'll be okay. You can get through this 💖

I for one long to return to a halcyon time when I was ten and hadn't had Under the Bridge seared into my brain by endless radio play yet

be safe friend

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

He played the feral kid on wild Thorne berries

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Every movie he shows up in is enhanced by it. Especially the Big Lebowski

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
He was also the bassist on You Oughta Know!

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
He also played a cop along with Henry Rollins in that crap-rear end Charlie Sheen movie.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

TheKennedys posted:

I for one long to return to a halcyon time when I was ten and hadn't had Under the Bridge seared into my brain by endless radio play yet

be safe friend

Wait, somebody made another version of Bedrock Anthem?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Len posted:

Wait, somebody made another version of Bedrock Anthem?

One of the many cultural touchstones I know only through the filter of Weird Al

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

I can’t believe someone born before 2008 never learned about RHCP.

MattO
Oct 10, 2003

When I saw the RHCP years ago, Anthony & Flea both jumped into the crowd during their set to go after skinheads who were causing problems so they're ok to me for that

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Okay maybe they're okay people but RHCP sucks poo poo

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

I’ll never forgive Flea for wearing his .4 cap the next year when the spurs and lakers faced off in the western conference finals.

Like, gently caress Derek Fisher but gently caress flea for having a custom rear end cap made just because he could.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

Okay maybe they're okay people but RHCP sucks poo poo

The only thing sadder than old people who love old music is old people who hate old music!

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

We cannot possibly at the point we're calling the chili peppers old music

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Red hot chili peppers formed 5 years before I was born. I'm 33

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Gaius Marius posted:

We cannot possibly at the point we're calling the chili peppers old music

I remember listening to the radio on a roadtrip with my granddad in the early 90s and the oldies stations he listened to would play Elvis and Tony Bennett and Aretha Franklin and The Beach Boys.

Under the Bridge is the same age now as those were then.