Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Ruggan posted:

can you guys post your favorite comics to cheer me up thanks

100 Bullets recently dropped in price on google play books. i havent watched a comedy special in awhile, so i dunno about that one.

im feeling the need for another mental health break, but it also feels like i need to stay on top of any info since bad times are imminent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

oh the pathos

yugioh mishima
Oct 22, 2020

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Then we will, of course, open-er back up and repeat the entire song and dance until civilization completely collapses everywhere on Earth besides China and New Zealand (and Taiwan? I forget if they surrendered or are still pursuing Zero COVID).

taiwan successfully stopped a delta outbreak and is very close now to successfully stamping out a substantial alpha outbreak all without actually going into a full hard lockdown. sometimes i wonder why the “lockdowns don’t work!!!1” crew don’t cite taiwan as an example more, but then i remember the main reason why they managed this is because people in taiwan have, generally speaking, gone above and beyond government regulations on NPIs

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Ruggan posted:

https://youtu.be/-AINf2Kxqko?t=41s

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

immortal hulk is superb

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
was just gonna say Immortal Hulk is the absolute poo poo.

East of West is also very good, as is Prophet, and if you want a classic you haven’t read, maybe Alan Moore’s Swamp Thing run

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

superior Spiderman is all about when doctor octopus switched brains with peter parker and became the new spiderman and is hilarious fun

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

ok I'm done

Goobish
May 31, 2011

Stay safe covid ghost

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

yugioh mishima posted:

taiwan successfully stopped a delta outbreak and is very close now to successfully stamping out a substantial alpha outbreak all without actually going into a full hard lockdown. sometimes i wonder why the “lockdowns don’t work!!!1” crew don’t cite taiwan as an example more, but then i remember the main reason why they managed this is because people in taiwan have, generally speaking, gone above and beyond government regulations on NPIs

Asian cultures have strong and long-standing mask wearing skills for a start, so it's already absolutely no big deal for practically everyone over there to always wear one when going outside.

Goobish
May 31, 2011

I live in a rural community. Only one school in my entire county mandated masks. No one offers virtual learning this year. No one. The kicker is, tons of insane parents moved all of their kids to the most lax school of all. They had the biggest enrollment ever thanks to pretending covid doesn't exist. I'm not making this next part up- they had a loving maskless party welcoming these 35 new kids.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Ruggan posted:

the gamer. a light, goofy story about a guy who gets the power to treat life as a video game.

sa thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3603827

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Goobish posted:

I live in a rural community. Only one school in my entire county mandated masks. No one offers virtual learning this year. No one. The kicker is, tons of insane parents moved all of their kids to the most lax school of all. They had the biggest enrollment ever thanks to pretending covid doesn't exist. I'm not making this next part up- they had a loving maskless party welcoming these 35 new kids.

cOvId Is OvEr

kIdS dOn’T tRaNsMiT

i KnOw WhAt’S bEsT fOr My KiDs

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

Ruggan posted:

you ever read dungeon meshi. dragon quest-esque party exploring a bottomless dungeon, focused nearly entirely on making food out of the monsters in it. real good read to feel less bad, its light and sweet 99% of the way through

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1433418431055814663?s=20

https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/1433518125249712132?s=20

https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/1433517116062306304?s=20

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

Max Titers Reigns Supreme

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Mr. Pizza posted:

cspam remembers

does the timing of this actually line up?

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

Ornery and Hornery posted:

yes, like perfectly. the wedding was late august, she was dead and in the ground by mid september.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

drat this dingus should make up us mind

Goobish
May 31, 2011

Good news is that I should be getting my booster soon. If my doctor doesn't pull through in the next few weeks then I'll go to Walgreens. Lost my card anyway so gently caress it, I'm immunocomprimized and have no insurance, bitch!

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

Ornery and Hornery posted:

pff, time doesnt
exist

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Save this tweet for next year

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Lol. I'm supposed to get my third shot tomorrow. Wife tells me that I don't need to anymore because my current infection has basically done the job of telling my immune system that this poo poo is for real.

Our toddler won't stop having coughing fits at night. Blargh.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Zeriel posted:

Save this tweet for next year

Ya rip

Goobish
May 31, 2011

Juice us up you loving bitch!

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Also psychonauts 2 whips rear end I recommend it if you're a fan of the first game

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Delta-Wye posted:

someone rigorously applying a set of political ideals regardless of the reality of the situation on the ground is always eventually going to lead to LOLs

In all of cinema, the character Glenn identifies with the most is the hapless assistant who trips a booby-trapped and refuses to jab himself in "The Rock".

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CTEJboDlV8D/?utm_medium=copy_link

Lmfao, get hosed chud. He was suspended for this video, hope more cops leave too.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

yugioh mishima
Oct 22, 2020

Blackhawk posted:

Asian cultures have strong and long-standing mask wearing skills for a start, so it's already absolutely no big deal for practically everyone over there to always wear one when going outside.

yes, this + the prior experience of dealing with the og SARS epidemic has helped a lot

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Glumwheels posted:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CTEJboDlV8D/?utm_medium=copy_link

Lmfao, get hosed chud. He was suspended for this video, hope more cops leave too.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Lady Militant posted:

oh like, i was just venting the kinda jobs iv been applying for are industrial engineering jobs and im p far along in the interview process with a few companies. my conflict is that iv gotten an offer from a company in a very rural area of VA which.....id prefer not to go there, but I don't wanna miss out on this offer cause id like to have a job. i appreciate you guys tho!!

boeing is always hiring for industrial engineers and its the absolute easiest do nothing job of all time.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Goobish posted:

Stay safe covid ghost

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

BraveUlysses posted:

boeing is always hiring for industrial engineers and its the absolute easiest do nothing job of all time.

but you also have to square yourself with working for the MIC and the biggest drain on WA state and theyll probably require you to come in at 6am

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Ruggan posted:

https://archive.org/details/MAUSBook1ASurvivorsTaleArtSpiegelman/page/n1/mode/2up

e: actually i guess this is piracy? oh well

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

The rudest cat for the rudest jobs

Goobish posted:

Stay safe covid ghost

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
lol what, the mu variant is real? goddamnit.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

i like how fauci is still flapping his gums about the virus like he can do anything about it

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Kunabomber posted:

Lol. I'm supposed to get my third shot tomorrow. Wife tells me that I don't need to anymore because my current infection has basically done the job of telling my immune system that this poo poo is for real.

Our toddler won't stop having coughing fits at night. Blargh.

I don't think they recommend getting the covid vaccine within X number of days after infection, don't remember the # off the top of my head. Also there is a study showing great titers post even a single shot after getting an infection. All that to say your wife may be right on this one and you could push your 3rd dose back 2-3 months from now for maximum coverage it would seem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Google Butt posted:

i like how fauci is still flapping his gums about the virus like he can do anything about it

they keep asking him because a bunch of blue hairs like him since he "opposed" trump.