Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE
It seems like enough invermectin was consumed across the nation for the parasite Deadtear to finally be purged from the bowels of Goonfleet. It’s most likely he took it himself though… hi5s to all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo

ricepowah posted:

Imagine being trolled by Dalmuti on SA like you just paid your $10 a half hour ago

surely this leopard will not eat MY face, my posting is too good!

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Isn't it weird that we say "leh-pard" and not "lee-oh-pard"

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Numismancer posted:

surely this leopard will not eat MY face, my posting is too good!

XyzzyYYZ
Feb 6, 2008
Nothing happens.

Charles 1998 posted:

OK I just applied. I don't know if there's an approval process or anything.

There is a process for applying to the Pathfinders group, check out the thread here for more details: https://goonfleet.com/index.php/topic/206649-sig-pathfinders-wormhole-scoutingexplorationpvp/

You do not need to be a member of the Pathfinders group to use the Pathfinder tool though, it's a case of name collision between the tool and our group for doing wormhole things. For a good intro to how to use the application, check out this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsoNPysYHl4

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
Getting airlocked at EVE Vegas is how you get your corp into the alliance.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

Jazzzzz posted:

The plan to kill the xenomorph in the original Alien was "drive it into the air lock and blast it into space", and I've no doubt there were references to execution-via-air lock in novels or other media well before then.

The Expanse has some recent notable airlock moments. You know... just to keep it fresh on your minds.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

andromache posted:

The Expanse has some recent notable airlock moments. You know... just to keep it fresh on your minds.

naomi lived though

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

There’s an airlocking and subsequent rescue in Event Horizon. Pretty good movie, Event Horizon.

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009
What the gently caress is happening

Innominate
Sep 2, 2004
The Innominate

Ajaxify posted:

What the gently caress is happening

Peace is hell.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

I'm just sitting here munching popcorn and waiting to find out if I have to choose between Delta Sqad and the Imperium.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
You’ve heard of Elitist Ops, now get ready for Eliter Ops

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Solus posted:

elitisterier

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

naomi lived though

Please spoilers - in fact I'm going to watch that right now.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Solus posted:

Each one more elitister than the last.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
Ok sax

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Bob Socko posted:

There’s an airlocking and subsequent rescue in Event Horizon. Pretty good movie, Event Horizon.

The 100 also has airlocks as a form of capital punishment.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
The first thing that pops into my head when I see airlocking is space station 13.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
Querious is space station 13 most of the time

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Full of piss?

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

dragonshardz posted:

I'm just sitting here munching popcorn and waiting to find out if I have to choose between Delta Sqad and the Imperium.

Same but between bad or worse posting referencing ISRAD from goons itt, if the last few posters represent a trend

Ikonoklast
Nov 16, 2007

A beacon for the liars and blind.

"Numismancer" posted:

deadtear has a mood when he barely does poo poo anymore doesn't mean the empire must grind to a halt and the high lords of loving terra have to have a meeting because a narcissist from the dark ages demands attention

Nicely versed good sir!

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
This whole discussion of the last few pages reminds me that my first year on SA, I learned about the word hebephile from this thread.

Aww good times. Anyone has any thoughts about it?

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Dalael posted:

This whole discussion of the last few pages reminds me that my first year on SA, I learned about the word hebephile from this thread.

Aww good times. Anyone has any thoughts about it?

I think the people that actively go out of their way to explain the difference between being a hebephile and a pedophile are creepy and weird.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Xolve posted:

I think the people that actively go out of their way to explain the difference between being a hebephile and a pedophile are creepy and weird.

yeah libertarians and moderators are unpleasant

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

I have no idea what is going on all around me, but I want to thank you for clarifying 'narc'. I was very confused.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
deadtear did call the cops

ON MY PUNS

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Jazzzzz posted:

The plan to kill the xenomorph in the original Alien was "drive it into the air lock and blast it into space", and I've no doubt there were references to execution-via-air lock in novels or other media well before then.

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy has a scene where the protagonists are getting executed via airlocking as well. They even forced their victims to listen to their bad posting before, so that sounds a lot like eve :D

GaussianCopula fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Sep 3, 2021

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Kesper North posted:

deadtear did call the cops

ON MY PUNS

Deadtear is was a posting cop. Makes you think.

Skwid
Aug 20, 2011

I got tired of being a loser so I spent money to not be a loser anymore.

SHISHKABOB posted:

The first thing that pops into my head when I see airlocking is space station 13.

Airlocking was a great way to figure out who was new to SS13, after you've been tossed a few times you learn how to strip yourself and make it back to the station by hucking your underwear at a passing space wizard. Or even better you learned the mighty secret that you could fart your way back to the station just in time to moon the Captain before succumbing to hypoxia.

I kind of hope this doesn't have any relevance to current events. I do really want to play SS13 again now though.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
Querious is also exactly like morrowind

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast
Nearly shat myself laughing last night.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Can someone tell me what the bloody hell is going on.

Something about delta squad (who are a sig? who have been harassing the back lines of papi during the first leg of the war? who are kinda dicks but in a very goon way) getting hosed over in some way that includes not being about to use an in game communication channel. Is that right?

And wasn't there something about not getting a system that was important to them?

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast

notaspy posted:

Can someone tell me what the bloody hell is going on.

Something about delta squad (who are a sig? who have been harassing the back lines of papi during the first leg of the war? who are kinda dicks but in a very goon way) getting hosed over in some way that includes not being about to use an in game communication channel. Is that right?

And wasn't there something about not getting a system that was important to them?

Naah, someone canceled Elton Johns concert.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug
Can we please get back to discussing what is really important?

How long should I boil these ribs?

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

When will delta be joining brave?

The Hambulance posted:

Can we please get back to discussing what is really important?

How long should I boil these ribs?

6.37 hours

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

XyzzyYYZ posted:

There is a process for applying to the Pathfinders group, check out the thread here for more details: https://goonfleet.com/index.php/topic/206649-sig-pathfinders-wormhole-scoutingexplorationpvp/

You do not need to be a member of the Pathfinders group to use the Pathfinder tool though, it's a case of name collision between the tool and our group for doing wormhole things. For a good intro to how to use the application, check out this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsoNPysYHl4

I need a director's vouch? But I am completely unknown among the directors! Why would anyone vouch for me?

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
This day crew posting, I liked it. Please more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism

Charles 1998 posted:

I need a director's vouch? But I am completely unknown among the directors! Why would anyone vouch for me?

I am in the exact same situation since coming back and so applied anyway and sent the guy a PM saying exactly that. We'll see what happens I guess.