Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

What's the ostensible purpose anyway

To make the truck more deadly to other cars and to pedestrians

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

docbeard posted:

To make the truck more deadly to other cars and to pedestrians

no, this is their actual purpose for the morons who drive around in the city with them on. the poster asked for their ostensible purpose

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

like handguns they serve absolutely no legitimate purpose in the city and should be banned on municipal roads

:iiaca:

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Milo and POTUS posted:

What's the ostensible purpose anyway

keeps the truck and its occupants safe while offroading, if you hit a tree or a gigantic animal, stuff like that. which is why they shouldnt be street legal! if you want to drive through the woods on your ranch then fine, have fun with your bull bar. you should absolutely not be able to have it on public roads.

when i was at the grocery store today (i live in the urban core of houston lol so not rural or even suburban) and i walked by this fuckin f150 with a bull bar that was like extending outwards about six inches and coming to almost a point. like the driver wanted to spear pedestrians or something. totally insane. usa bad country.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

ford f150s / pickup truck culture in general is deranged even before you add an impaling spike on the front

come the gently caress on

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

good truck design is when you need a step ladder to load it from the side

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Sphyre posted:

ford f150s / pickup truck culture in general is deranged even before you add an impaling spike on the front

i need attention and to feel safe at the same time also can you lift the truck so i can't see small children

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
If you hit a tree when you're offroading maybe you ought to pay the blood price to the trees imo

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.

is there a mirror for this? it got taken down. all i see is the beginning of the video where the guy's like "OH poo poo"

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLil3eZLK5s

nvm found it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM7xOfZOrxA and the other side

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout

Sphyre posted:

I would love to blow this up with C4, semtex, or even just classic TNT, anything like that

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Nitevision posted:

I would love to blow this up with C4, semtex, or even just classic TNT, anything like that

oh hell yes

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

lobster shirt posted:

usa bad country.

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

command and conquer-lookin-rear end vehicles on the road these days

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
Maybe if we tweet enough, the Dems will force legislation that taxes gasoline to a minimum cost of $15/gallon and uses 100% of the tax revenue on buses and/or electric light rail in transit-starved communities. I've heard that the democrats believe in climate change so I'm sure they'll do this

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

heres a good read

https://twitter.com/pareene/status/1433457737296384003

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Bolton%27s_Big,_Sexy_Valentine%27s_Day_Special

quote:

When Santa's elves make too many toys for Christmas, Michael Bolton must star in a Valentine's Day special to encourage couples to make love and conceive 75,000 babies.

such desperate propaganda by the american media

they need growth

they need those suburbs to grow

if it stops growing, it all falls apart

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

i like bikes i like these videos of people riding bikes in cities

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbCzWRnKCaI

owns

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
is this the thread to post about how i love trains of all kinds from high speed rail to heavy freight to tiny little trams that drive down city streets and i hate cars and i guess buses are okay???

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

no, sorry, this is the miata thread

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

vyelkin posted:

is this the thread to post about how i love trains of all kinds from high speed rail to heavy freight to tiny little trams that drive down city streets and i hate cars and i guess buses are okay???

oh yeah, well how MUCH do you love trains

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

oh yeah, well how MUCH do you love trains

i have taken trains in at least eight countries and maybe more that i am forgetting

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

ate cars
ate drivers
ate parking lots

love trains
love trams
love buses

simple as

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

vyelkin posted:

i have taken trains in at least eight countries and maybe more that i am forgetting

hmmm, okay you get a provisional membership, we'll upgrade you to full once you report back on your favorite aspect of the Moscow subway system

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

hmmm, okay you get a provisional membership, we'll upgrade you to full once you report back on your favorite aspect of the Moscow subway system

big fan of the circle lines but when I was in Moscow I could walk most places I needed to get to on a daily basis

i like the really long escalators but the ones in petersburg are even longer and therefore better

i also think the beautiful architecture and attention to aesthetics in the older stations serves an important symbolic and psychological purpose which is to make people think of public transit as a high-value good rather than something dirty and cheap that only poor people should use

vyelkin has issued a correction as of 17:22 on Sep 3, 2021

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

lobster shirt posted:

ate cars
ate drivers
ate parking lots

love trains
love trams
love buses

simple as

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
this guys youtube channel is pretty good and makes me want to move somewhere nicer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxykI30fS54

what're some good cities in the world where cycling infrastructure and public transit are properly supported and you'll never need a car

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i live in perpetual awe of japans transportation network, they have the best trains/public transit, incredible and well supported cycling routes, exquisitely maintained roads (for peds and bikes too - not just cars), and of course they make the greatest cars and motorcycles in the world. you can really have it all in japan. i'd love to move there except they are super xenophobic and their work culture is pure cancer lol

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live in cars

Here in my car
I can only receive
I can listen to you
It keeps me stable for days in cars

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

mila kunis posted:

what're some good cities in the world where cycling infrastructure and public transit are properly supported and you'll never need a car

bikes are first class citizens in Holland and really most western european / Scandinavian countries. they have good train connections between cities with parallel cycling paths. most city centers, even small ones like Leiden are closed to vehicles or so naturally impassible b/c of old medieval roads that it’s nothing but bikes and pedestirans and fat people on scooters lol

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3
i want pixar's "cars" franchise to end with every character getting executed by firing squad, with all the soldiers holding bazookas

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

What if trains, but unconnected, and instead of tracks you can just make them go anywhere you want on simple paved paths, or "roads"?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

You know, like this:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

imagine if we used billions of horses to get around every day and instead of emitting an odourless gas they just poo poo literally kilograms of waste onto the ground daily lmao

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

i like the part where he disregards traffic and forces cars to slam on their brakes to avoid hitting him as he speeds through a crosswalk with no right of way

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

how about this - trains but everyone has to buy their own tiny one. when this begins to destroy everything, we can develop Skynet so they can pretend to be real trains and drive closely together. skynet costs $6k per train and it can't see things painted white

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Sphyre posted:

do normal pickup trucks even exist anymore or are they all these tank-sized monstrosities now

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

do normal pickup trucks even exist anymore or are they all these tank-sized monstrosities now

They re-launched the Ranger, which was the go-to for actually normal person sized pickup (they made it as big as the F150 when they relaunched it)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

ford also is launching the maverick which is technically a SUV with a truck bed. but it's the size of a 90s ranger