Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Those rule and I'm gonna have to order a set.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

KozmoNaut posted:

Those rule and I'm gonna have to order a set.

I recommend their Island Priests set as well

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Can't wait to greenstuff breasts on the second to the left figure.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

I appreciate that they made Mike significantly shorter than the rest

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Anyone have the pic of this with the lovingly sculpted huge dick?

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

w00tmonger posted:

Pretty sure it has been featured in this thread before. Or a similar one leaping off a rock I think.

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.

Kev White is doing a goofy project for some Chaos Dwarfs. Apparently, it’ll be resculpted with more sensible boots, but I feel like this thread needed to see the sheer ridiculousness of Battle Ballet Boots.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

I am against sensible boot.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
It's important to make your rear end look good when it's incased in plate mail and you can't see it

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

w00tmonger posted:

Ugleb posted:

Pretty sure it has been featured in this thread before. Or a similar one leaping off a rock I think.

it was a pureblood warpwolf model iirc

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Len posted:

it was a pureblood warpwolf model iirc

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I was going through old folders on my harddrive and stumbled upon this fellow:

Odds are good I nabbed it from here, but enjoy a pleasant pallet cleanser amongst the were-cocks

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Fashionable Jorts posted:

enjoy a pleasant pallet cleanser amongst the were-cocks

Oh come on that has to be the thread title.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Is that doggo winking?

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Is that doggo wanking?

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Ugleb posted:

Is that doggo winking?

Someone do a print of that horse mask.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Hedningen posted:

Kev White is doing a goofy project for some Chaos Dwarfs. Apparently, it’ll be resculpted with more sensible boots, but I feel like this thread needed to see the sheer ridiculousness of Battle Ballet Boots.

Completely awful all around. Dumb gross boots aside they don't convey the idea of "chaos dwarves" at all. They're just vaguely hot, vaguely short miniatures. Completely soulless and my least favorite minis I've seen in this thread, they're not even funny.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Are the sticks on the top of their heads to support an eventual chwarf tall hat?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Probably just the modelling supports, but they would have to. Can't have chorfs without hats.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team

PinheadSlim posted:

Completely awful all around. Dumb gross boots aside they don't convey the idea of "chaos dwarves" at all. They're just vaguely hot, vaguely short miniatures. Completely soulless and my least favorite minis I've seen in this thread, they're not even funny.

Oh, I totally didn't notice they were supposed to be a Chaos Dwarf to begin with, I thought it was a generic Chaos knight. I guess you could argue that the heels are giving her some height, but the proportions feel completely wrong for that to be a Dwarf.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I'm the Battle Droid throwing the solid right.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
HADOOOOOOUKEN!

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.
tell them i love them

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Wrong thread

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

PinheadSlim posted:

Kev White is one of the best sculptors in the business, but I've never liked his dwarfs because they all just look like 28mm humans scaled down to 20mm scale. The proportions are all too "normal" and not chunky enough for proper fantasy dwarfs.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Silhouette posted:

Kev White is one of the best sculptors in the business, but I've never liked his dwarfs because they all just look like 28mm humans scaled down to 20mm scale. The proportions are all too "normal" and not chunky enough for proper fantasy dwarfs.

I kinda of like a few of them mixed in with other ranges of dwarves to give a variety of body types, but wouldn't like an army of them.

Basically the reason I don't really like Mantic's new halfling range, they basically just look like short humans.

Re the Chaos Dwarf, it gives the impression of old school Chaos with the fancy armour rather than the more 'modern' big hat brigade, so I don't mind it so much.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Silhouette posted:

Dwarves also aren't supposed to be chibi humans.

Kev and LOTR dwarves are the best. The rest are varying degrees of goofy.

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.
Kinda feel like I need to put up the final shot of the finished mini, as it’s a very great execution of a weird design choice, plus Kev does such clean old-school armor sculpting.

Personally, I think proportions are about right - little slim for a stocky dwarf (as is the usual impression) but the big illusion is the hilariously impractical heels.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The zero-g boobplate does nothing for me.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Honestly, the axe, the pose, the armour... It reads to me more like someone has been looking at the old Hero Quest Chaos Warrior and decided to make "this, but a lady" than anything chaos dwarfy at all.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Theres actually an old Slaanesh champion that has the exact same hair and pose, so she's probably inspired by that model

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe
That's just a short lady with rad hair and stupid heels. A real chaos dwarf should look like an anti-semitic cartoon from Der Stürmer had horrible sex with ancient Babylonian statues.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I need rumbleslam in my life

quote:

The cold-blooded denizens of The Forest Soul love soaking up the limelight. Pterodacrobats fly around while Gekko Firebreathers and Stubby Dunkers attract the crowds. Don’t hurt the Axolotl Cutie, or face the wrath of T-Flex (who skipped arm day)!

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Len posted:

I need rumbleslam in my life

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

quote:

T-Flex

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Mr. Sunshine posted:

That's just a short lady with rad hair and stupid heels. A real chaos dwarf should look like an anti-semitic cartoon from Der Stürmer had horrible sex with ancient Babylonian statues.

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mouse Business
Jun 12, 2019

Hedningen posted:

Kinda feel like I need to put up the final shot of the finished mini, as it’s a very great execution of a weird design choice, plus Kev does such clean old-school armor sculpting.

Personally, I think proportions are about right - little slim for a stocky dwarf (as is the usual impression) but the big illusion is the hilariously impractical heels.

I mean, this is a reference to the old old oldhammer amazonia gothique based on this John Blanche art, no? https://whencannonsfade.files.wordpress.com/2017/09/wdcover-amazonia-gothique.jpg?w=464&h=600