Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

They are trying to kill people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

100 degrees Calcium posted:

Good loving point. I need to get it in my skull that anything goes. I thought someone was gonna try to get me on some technicality about how my mask wasn't doing the needful but I forgot that no one else is wearing any loving masks anyway and I'm constantly evading attempts to draw me into indoor meetings and the such anyway.

Thank you for the information and the perspective.

There’s a chance that somebody will try to do that at some point, and you may want to be ready for that conversation depending on if the person bringing it up matters in any way, and you’ve got two ways you can go with it. If the person is in charge of you or someone you want to keep around, you can go with the explanation about how the CDC says they’re just as good as the garbage people are allowed to wear, if not better. If they aren’t important, we all apparently agreed that libertarian hell life was the way to go, tell them to spend a dollar on an n95 or be content with what they’re getting for free.

Or just say nothing, even things that do matter pretty much don’t matter, gently caress em. From what I can piece together, wearing masks to protect others stopped making sense when we figured out covid isn’t spread by droplets over a year ago, it is very much a game of getting and wearing good poo poo to protect yourself now.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
the headline is enough to get the gist

:stare: 15 Miami-Dade educators die from COVID-19 in 10 days

we are just murdering teachers. for no good loving reason. and most of the country is perfectly fine with that right now.

:stare:

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
man america loving hates public school teachers

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
work is having a vaccine drive where any employee can stop by and get vaxxed with your choice of vaccine. sounds like they just hired Max Titers

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Real Mean Queen posted:

There’s a chance that somebody will try to do that at some point, and you may want to be ready for that conversation depending on if the person bringing it up matters in any way, and you’ve got two ways you can go with it. If the person is in charge of you or someone you want to keep around, you can go with the explanation about how the CDC says they’re just as good as the garbage people are allowed to wear, if not better. If they aren’t important, we all apparently agreed that libertarian hell life was the way to go, tell them to spend a dollar on an n95 or be content with what they’re getting for free.

Or just say nothing, even things that do matter pretty much don’t matter, gently caress em. From what I can piece together, wearing masks to protect others stopped making sense when we figured out covid isn’t spread by droplets over a year ago, it is very much a game of getting and wearing good poo poo to protect yourself now.

Alternatively, the best way to protect others is to wear the good stuff and never catch COVID

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

have we considered that libertarians want to date children just so they can get help with their math

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Dreylad posted:

They should've learned to code

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Dreylad posted:

The Sleepy Joe return School ASAP plan was nothing short of criminal, even more now in the higher risk Delta variant environment.

Truniht
Jan 10, 2019

Dreylad posted:

I crack ping’d the other day watching some school board meeting posted here where it was obvious the loudest ppl were too old to have kids going there

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
throw kidney issues and damage on the pile of poo poo covid and long covid can do:

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/science/new-kidney-problems-linked-long-covid-loss-smell-may-be-followed-by-other-smell-2021-09-03/

quote:

Sept 3 (Reuters) - The following is a summary of some recent studies on COVID-19. They include research that warrants further study to corroborate the findings and that have yet to be certified by peer review.

'Long COVID' tied to higher kidney risks

COVID-19 symptoms that persist long after infection, known as "long COVID", has been tied to a higher risk for new kidney problems, according to a new study. Analyzing data on more than 1.7 million U.S. veterans, including nearly 90,000 COVID-19 survivors with symptoms lasting at least 30 days, researchers found the "long haulers" were at higher risk for new kidney problems compared to people who had not been infected with the coronavirus. This was true even when survivors had not been hospitalized, although declines in kidney function were "more profound" with more severe infection, they reported on Wednesday in the Journal of the American Society of Nephrology. Roughly 5% of the Long COVID group developed at least a 30% drop in a critical measure of kidney function known as the estimated glomerular filtration rate, or eGFR. Overall, people with long COVID were 25% more likely than uninfected people to develop a 30% decline in eGFR, with higher risks in survivors of more severe disease. While kidney function often declines with age, the damage in these patients "was in excess" of what happens with normal aging, study coauthor Dr. Ziyad Al-Aly, of Washington University in St. Louis, said in a statement. "Our findings emphasize the critical importance of paying attention to kidney function and disease in caring for patients who have had COVID-19," he said.

really cool and good that the world has decided we're just going to live with this thing now

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

mod sassinator posted:

we are just murdering teachers. for no good loving reason. and most of the country is perfectly fine with that right now.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
A lot of nice Florida real estate is opening up.

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/gta-myths/images/b/bc/AveryMaBoy%21.png

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

i'm the 5% excited lmao

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Hate listening to NPR on my lunch break. Apparently, now that the worst of the pandemic is over, It's time to go get on an Amtrak train tour through California!!!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

mod sassinator posted:

i'm the 5% excited lmao

the martin killemoff demographic

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Dreylad posted:

public school teachers have it so good, don'tcha know

they've got that fat government salary, amazing benefits from their *shakes fist* government union that makes it impossible to fire them

they've got a maybe eight hour workday tops since their job ends when the kids go home unlike everybody else who has to put in overtime

they get to spend most of their week in the company of the little angels that kids are just soaking in all that good hearted innocence and joy

they all got into it because of their passion for the work so they even get to love their jobs those lucky, lucky fucks

those loving teachers should get another pay cut when you think about it they have it so good

hell, the only company they have are kids who are immune to getting covid so when you think about it the teachers could only have caught covid because they were careless or something the disease is over they were probably unvaccinated

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
costco putting limits on items again: https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/shopping/2021/09/01/costco-bring-back-temporary-limits-items-amid-delta-variant-rise/5681231001/

with other news like mcdonalds circulating instructions on how to close dining rooms again, every major company pushing back return to offices to january 2022... welcome back fall 'lockdown' 2.0. this time there will be evictions, no unemployment insurance for anyone, no jobs, and way more covid cases and death! but FOOTBAWL is back baby awooooo!!!!!

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Iron Crowned posted:

Alternatively, the best way to protect others is to wear the good stuff and never catch COVID

Yeah, that’s also a more pleasant part of my math that I’m leaving out because this thread has got me in a mood today. If you’re diligent with your respirator, you’ll have a lot less covid coming in to worry about in general, so your odds of spewing anything dangerous out of your yuck port go waaaaaaay the gently caress down after a while.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/kthorjensen/status/1433848923450269700

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

mod sassinator posted:

costco putting limits on items again: https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/shopping/2021/09/01/costco-bring-back-temporary-limits-items-amid-delta-variant-rise/5681231001/

with other news like mcdonalds circulating instructions on how to close dining rooms again, every major company pushing back return to offices to january 2022... welcome back fall 'lockdown' 2.0. this time there will be evictions, no unemployment insurance for anyone, no jobs, and way more covid cases and death! but FOOTBAWL is back baby awooooo!!!!!

Consumer goods company,Procter and Gamble,which produces Charmin toilet paper, could not be immediately reached for comment.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Truniht posted:

I crack ping’d the other day watching some school board meeting posted here where it was obvious the loudest ppl were too old to have kids going there

Always has been, I took this picture in July 2020

One of the signs I apparently didn't capture said "school lunch as normal"

Iron Crowned fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Sep 3, 2021

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

:coronatoot:

acems
May 8, 2019

mod sassinator posted:

throw kidney issues and damage on the pile of poo poo covid and long covid can do:

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/science/new-kidney-problems-linked-long-covid-loss-smell-may-be-followed-by-other-smell-2021-09-03/

really cool and good that the world has decided we're just going to live with this thing now

im a big ol' idiot but i must know: if my kidneys are what filters mdma and poo poo out of my bloodstream but they're functioning at like 70% efficiency will it last longer

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Kentucky Children’s Hospital at full capacity due to COVID-19, other respiratory illnesses

https://www.wkyt.com/2021/09/03/kentucky-childrens-hospital-full-capacity-due-covid-19-other-respiratory-illnesses/

Eh, they'll work it out!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

mod sassinator posted:

I dont know if the real economy can recover if we do any sort of even soft lockdowns again. The numbers are really bad.

Edit: I know this sounds crazed, but you have to look at it the way the psychos in charge look at it.
Movie theaters might be dead already and if restaurants have to close there is no ppp this time. poo poo is toast.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

mod sassinator posted:

ads on the article for Florida SuperCon from sept 10-12 lol

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

mod sassinator posted:

I just looked and I posted April 16th last year in the stock thread about acute kidney damage from covid and wondered how much of that would become long term damage (requiring dialysis). Love to be right about this hell of a planet.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

mod sassinator posted:

maybe they should have gotten vaccinated and maybe public sector unions shouldn't be fighting to keep vaccinations from being mandatory

after all this is a pandemic of the vaccinated remember

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

roll tide

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Covid is as bad here as it’s ever been and masking is maybe 50% lmao

Lol nobody wears a mask here except employees forced to at stores (who mostly wear them around their chins)

It's maybe 10% masking anywhere indoors in middle TN.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/debdrens/status/1433766130808758279

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

This me loving me UP.

My toddler has stopped coughing as much and his oxygen saturation is still at 99. Hoping for the best.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

good work 47

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

I'm seeing more masks lately but still only like 30-40% tops.

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Lol nobody wears a mask here except employees forced to at stores (who mostly wear them around their chins)

It's maybe 10% masking anywhere indoors in middle TN.

I was getting mighty sick of being the only non-red county in Oregon, glad somebody did something

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

mod sassinator posted:

I watched the OSU game last night with a fellow respirator crew friend and it was utterly surreal, like having inter dimensional cable tuned into a universe where covid never happened.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
oh no az has fallen to all red im probably dead now

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
"We will fight the evil Daddy. Daddy, my band Crimson Coil wrote a song about this"

This is a middle-aged woman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/chalkbeatCHI/status/1433544587566620673?s=20

Chicago's public school testing system is opt in as well