Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

remusclaw posted:

Watch the princess cup. Itoh is legit loving good. And she has inexplicably become my favorite kind of wrestler, its amazing. She is just a hard brawler type with vicious submissions now and it rules. Judging her based on working soft in the US is gonna result in a complete misidentification of how good she is.

I wanna watch more itoh matches. though from the few i've seen, jesus, please do less headbutts. you are going to give yourself cte.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

It always seems to take the joshi who come over a while before they feel comfortable working snug with non joshi.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Kokeshis

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

remusclaw posted:

Watch the princess cup. Itoh is legit loving good. And she has inexplicably become my favorite kind of wrestler, its amazing. She is just a hard brawler type with vicious submissions now and it rules. Judging her based on working soft in the US is gonna result in a complete misidentification of how good she is.
She got a lot better after she started going viral and taking wrestling a lot more serious. She's twice better than she was when she was in AEW and that was six months ago

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Nea posted:

I wanna watch more itoh matches. though from the few i've seen, jesus, please do less headbutts. you are going to give yourself cte.
They're a work brother. She doesn't hit that hard

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

skull is thicker than water

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Cavauro posted:

skull is thicker than water
you could be stupid like Shibata and have no water or brains then do shoot head butts until you almost die though

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

The difference is that, unlike Shibata, Maki Itoh knows that wrestling is fake.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

IGgy IGsen posted:

The difference is that, unlike Shibata, Maki Itoh knows that wrestling is fake.

Actually, wrestling is real and people are fake

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

It's up!

https://twitter.com/tde_gif/status/1433563584395558937

https://watch.ddtpro.com/en/videos/wmETU7LKMEswQzKRBfmfBv

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

I literally thought for a minute that this was two pictures side by side because of the way it's framed.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

StarkRavingMad posted:

Emi's gotta tell her how much the crowd seems to enjoy watching Emi beat the living poo poo out of jobbers on AEW Dark

I enjoy the crowds reaction particularly after emi does one of her chops. They are no joke

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

sticklefifer posted:

I literally thought for a minute that this was two pictures side by side because of the way it's framed.

I think that every time I see it. I blame the chair lining up with that projecting back wall.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/150403/aew-makes-big-hire-for-international-expansion.html?p=1

quote:

In that role, Emerson will be spearheading the company's international expansion on all fronts, including licensing, partnerships and strategies.

That's cool.

quote:

Emerson held a similar role for Impact Wrestling from 2011 to 2017

...wait a minute. but that's just me thinking negatively of everything connected to Impact.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Impact's international deals were the only thing keeping them afloat for a while.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

TV Zombie posted:

...wait a minute. but that's just me thinking negatively of everything connected to Impact.

TNA/Impact also gave us miserable, lovely Taz and look at how he's turned around in a positive work environment.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/BillDeMott/status/1433878081370984449

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
holy poo poo lmao.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

lmao

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Imagine the deals he can get with a good product.
Having a prejudice against ex-Impact guys is dumb. A whole lot of AEW have worked there, and they have a lot of talent AEW would be lucky to get.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

What the hell Bill.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I hate to say it, but Bill Demott posted something good

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Did they hire Bill again to beat some talent into these new nobodies

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Orange Carlisle posted:

Did they hire Bill again to beat some talent into these new nobodies
Bill is Hunter's replacement

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Late to the Karl meltdown but I 100% agree with him, Vince has gone on record saying that he owes his wrestlers nothing and pays for rehab and therapy strictly to avoid bad PR when a wrestler dies of an overdose or kills themselves.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Duke Pukem posted:

I enjoy the crowds reaction particularly after emi does one of her chops. They are no joke

They're the nastiest chops in the company. Before the women's title tournament I had no idea she could hit that hard. Queen Emi rules.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Bill fuckin' DeMott lol

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Does Bill think someone will hire him again if he sucks up to the right people?

Oh, don't tell me he's currently employed somewhere.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

IGgy IGsen posted:

I mean, it worked for Bruce Pritchard.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

IGgy IGsen posted:

Oh, don't tell me he's currently employed somewhere.
Worked for Brother Love and Johnny Ace, will work for Bill Demott. This is no laughing matter.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

This is so beautiful we should hang it with the other kids drawings.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Tampa Bae posted:

Worked for Brother Love and Johnny Ace, will work for Bill Demott. This is no laughing matter.

At this point Bill DeMott serves the important purpose of introducing trainees to the abusive bullshit that is WWE so they can do the sensible thing and quit early.
Related: gently caress Bill DeMott.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

0% chance demott comes back, the PR shitstorm that would ensue + the cosmic dunking people would give him cannot be overstated. however he def has balls tweeting that lol

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

DLC Inc posted:

0% chance demott comes back, the PR shitstorm that would ensue + the cosmic dunking people would give him cannot be overstated.
So basically they'll announce he's back next week

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I know Johnny Ace and Brother Love have had little to no impact on WWE's PR but if they can bring those two back then they can definitely bring back DeMott. They seem very eager to regress as a company.

FUCKFACE MORON fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Sep 3, 2021

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

DLC Inc posted:

0% chance demott comes back, the PR shitstorm that would ensue + the cosmic dunking people would give him cannot be overstated. however he def has balls tweeting that lol

Vince is taking WWE back to the era of divas and immobile muscleheads, what makes you think he gives a gently caress about PR shitstorms or cosmic dunkings for maybe possibly rehiring a shithead bully to help train rookies

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
Bill DeMott legitimately produced more stars than HHH, lmao

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

This loving jacket :stwoon:

https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/1433912689248677890?s=20

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

You will not look like Ryan Gosling from Drive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Alexander Hamilton posted:

Bill DeMott legitimately produced more stars than HHH, lmao

We wouldn't have Kenny Omega if it weren't for him, after all.