Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/mehdirhasan/status/1433876936116383744

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Well that's contrast this. I supported Bernie because he was for universal programs. However he failed.

Under Trump I was sent to Afghanistan and then was to be sent to the Southwest border for 12 months. I also received several stimulus checks.

Under Biden I'm going to be sent to the Southwest border for a month longer than I was going to be under Trump. And apparently my wife and I is combined income is literally just over the mark that would allow us to get any type of benefit.

So what exactly do I gain by voting for Democrats as opposed to Republicans?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
extremely /pol/ voice:] it's cute how amerimutts like to imagine being white

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1433858399100416004

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Chillgamesh posted:

He's gonna run again in 2024

Joe Biden will run again in 2024

He's not gonna die, he has access to the best healthcare in the country

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

YOLOsubmarine posted:

If they all had back doors the NSA wouldn’t need to push companies like Juniper to install their special key generation algorithm.

yeah but how do you know which ones they have and haven't? safer to just assume everything is open to the government

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

WampaLord posted:

really banking on a vacuous legacy like all the narcissists before him

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

if it was true that biden did not express any empathy or sympathy for the troops... well that would be great

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
he might not technically die but they might have to install a chip in his skull to drive him around like a remote control car.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

*Trump rocket jumping ahead of Hillary, grabbing the Quad damage before she can*

:sad:

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

kkkamala is still mashing away at the trigger on that heart attack gun

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

uber_stoat posted:

he might not technically die but they might have to install a chip in his skull to drive him around like a remote control car.

"but how would we know they aren't already"

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
biden is the only one that can save america

120 days

need time

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
DND should buy Zenz an account and make him a mod. No one will ever complain about modding again since they already uncritically believe everything he says

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

McNugget Buddy posted:

If we have President Harris by then, how mad will K-Hive be

Does K-Hive still exist or are they also in hiding

Bernie defeating Harris or at least doing well enough in a primary to convince the KHive that he's the reason she loses to Trump would at least partially rehabilitate him in my eyes, ngl

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

WampaLord posted:

It is funny that Biden running blew up the Dems younger back bench.

Do they even have a younger politician that is popular and acceptable to the establishment?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Mantis42 posted:

Bernie defeating Harris or at least doing well enough in a primary to convince the KHive that he's the reason she loses to Trump would at least partially rehabilitate him in my eyes, ngl

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Raskolnikov38 posted:

yeah but how do you know which ones they have and haven't? safer to just assume everything is open to the government

Generally products that use open source security modules that have a reasonable history of sound and secure development practice are safer, though obviously you can still get hit by bugs, misconfiguration, etc

But yes, the general rule is that you should always assume that the government can get whatever information they want if they want it badly enough is true, even if that usually involves much more prosaic means than defeating encryption via back doors inserted into software.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

camoseven posted:

DND should buy Zenz an account and make him a mod. No one will ever complain about modding again since they already uncritically believe everything he says

hahaha just imagining him trying to permaban everyone who says gods not real

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"
honestly the idea for a prediction market in D&D is the best idea in that thread. here I'll start:

I PREDICT that the mods are gonna make the most insular and self-reinforcing decision possible, drive off a bunch more people, then get their dicks caught in yet another inevitable scandal. 80% certainty.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Raccooon posted:

Do they even have a younger politician that is popular and acceptable to the establishment?

They didn’t have a younger back bench.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Generally products that use open source security modules that have a reasonable history of sound and secure development practice are safer, though obviously you can still get hit by bugs, misconfiguration, etc

But yes, the general rule is that you should always assume that the government can get whatever information they want if they want it badly enough is true, even if that usually involves much more prosaic means than defeating encryption via back doors inserted into software.

yeah like if i was put in charge of counter-signal-intel i would smash every cellphone i could get my hands on and string up a landline phone system that is regularly patrolled and checked for taps

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Raccooon posted:

Mayo Pete

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

MPF quivering in despair at Frankenstein's monster.

I hope he comes post in CSpam on an alt or something. Lmfao that it took this long tho. RIP the steve in advance.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Lastgirl posted:

really banking on a vacuous legacy like all the narcissists before him

also, he loves being president!

c'mon jack! let's take another lap around the west wing, get the photographers to shoot a couple pics!

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Raccooon posted:

AOC's basically already coopted, does that count?

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

interesting thread. i look forward to stories like this continuing as the american empire continues to fall. good luck to :nsa: in their fight against a small group of chinese hackerd

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

This is getting shared around cause of the Texas thing and I'm too much of a coward to reply "WELL MAYBE SHE SHOULD HAVE RETIRED WHEN SHE HAD THE CHANCE, THEN!"

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Some Guy TT posted:

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1433614249692127240

wow weird how all of a sudden the voting machines arent secure anymore now that were about to have an election where the democrats are expected to underperform

security by obscurity is bullshit, the source code to any voting machine should be public knowledge for anyone to see and vet. the guy saying "it gives hackers a practice environment" is incredibly dumb

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Cpt_Obvious posted:

MPF quivering in despair at Frankenstein's monster.

I hope he comes post in CSpam on an alt or something. Lmfao that it took this long tho. RIP the steve in advance.
it owns that the avatars are being pinned on me now because that poo poo was hilarious

to whoever actually bought them sorry for stealing your valor - shame you'll never be able to do anything about it :)

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

How dare the_Steve treat us like we're LEFTISTS :qqsay::reddit:

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

yellowcar posted:

kkkamala is still mashing away at the trigger on that heart attack gun

She should see if she can get her hands on one of those lasers that causes Havana Syndrome

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

if only there were some sort of technology we could use to verify our own votes perhaps if there was a commonly used device we all possessed with the ability to make refracted light recordings of our ballots which we could use as evidence to compare to some sort of publically maintained computer network that could use personal security codes to maintain the privacy of our votes

but alas such technology is firmly in the realm of science fiction so i guess well just have to take the corporations word for it they arent rigging our elections

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
b-b-but the secret ballot is sacrosanct

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

WampaLord posted:

between the afghanistan withdrawal and now declassifying 9/11 documents i'd be surprised if our 2nd catholic president survives as long as our 1st

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

I hope whoever is tampering with our elections is prepared to go to jail for a long time. Or perhaps pay a large fine.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/1433852193736732675

im trying to figure out what possible definition hayes could be using for objectively pro covid that isnt just an administration where lots of covid happened in which case this is also an objectively pro covid white house

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i want to see biden on the bimbofication steroids they gave trump

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

This covid sounds pretty bad, maybe we shouldn't open biden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

How are u posted:

Smooth, grey nothingness is the way to go.