Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Furnaceface posted:

Im bad with time, did lazerwolf go past his 2 hour window?

so the clock runs to 10:00 PM EST and if my math is right VOTE1 made his pick at 7:12 EST which means Lazerwolf's 2 hour window had time to expire before the clock stopped running, I think you can make your pick tonight and Lazerwolf can pick anytime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
Colorado Avalanche select Jakob Chychrun

lazerwolf fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Sep 3, 2021

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

lazerwolf posted:

Colorado Avalanche select Jakob Chychrun

great pick, he's one of the guys who could be in the 1st round of this draft going forward :)

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Im so bad at time I forgot I asked about the time.

Unlike Jim Benning, I, Bim Jenning, am happy make make Brock Boeser feel welcome in the city of Vancouver by ensuring he stays and take him as the 59th pick in the SAS Crack Hen draft of 2021.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
I'm gonna make a quick evening pick for the Flyers, a solid young goalie who's coming off a season with a .927 save percentage where he received Vezina and Hart trophy votes.

The Flyers select the Juice, Juuse Saros.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

mentholmoose posted:

I'm gonna make a quick evening pick for the Flyers, a solid young goalie who's coming off a season with a .927 save percentage where he received Vezina and Hart trophy votes.

The Flyers select the Juice, Juuse Saros.

This is a cursed pick, no manifestation of the Flyers are allowed to have good goaltending. You've doomed Saros to a career collapse the likes of which has not been seen since Steve Mason.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Nice picks.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Starsfan posted:

This is a cursed pick, no manifestation of the Flyers are allowed to have good goaltending. You've doomed Saros to a career collapse the likes of which has not been seen since Steve Mason.

It's funny because Mason turned his career around with the Flyers and is probably the best goaltender they've had since Cechmanek.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Starsfan posted:

great pick, he's one of the guys who could be in the 1st round of this draft going forward :)

I really thought he would fall a lot more given how obscure he still is
SAS fans are clearly good students of the game

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

MononcQC is on the clock until noon ET, then Starsfan who PMed me his pick last night.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

With Nathan MacKinnon on the roster for the Chicago Blackhawks comes the threat of his dietary habits, with his relentless desire for a cup pushing us towards eating better and working harder.

In what I can only call the best plan since our forefather Wirtz had the great idea of preventing local games from being on TV, forcing a much stronger attendance, we are today taking inspiration from the genius strategy that was going on at Sears, where internal competition was seen as a way to create innovation. We are therefore looking for competing forces fighting it out on the ice, in the locker room, and after hours.

The Chicago Blackhawks are proud to draft Phil Kessel! Come on down!

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Love it

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

Per Starsfan, the Stars select Brendan Gallagher

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Looks like Iodised QQ's time has elapsed so I will make my back to back picks.

First, with selection #64

Nico Hischier
Hischier's a promising young center with high offensive upside and defensive pedigree. While he hasn't yet lived up to the expectations set by his 1st overall selection status or his outstanding 18 year-old rookie season, I firmly believe his best years are still ahead of him and that he will blossom into an elite player in the league and remain so for a long time.

and with selection #65

Aaron Ekblad
Ekblad's a promising young defenseman with high offensive upside and defensive pedigree. While he hasn't yet lived up to the expectations set by his 1st overall selection status or his outstanding 18 year-old rookie season, I firmly believe his best years are still ahead of him and that he will blossom into an elite player in the league and remain so for a long time.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Aaron Ekbad more like.

Starsfan you're on the clock until 3:47 Eastern, then MononcQC then myself.

Iodised QQ you got two skipped picks to make when you can.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

After much deliberation and sadness over our Kabanov and Chychrun picks vanishing right before our time OTC, Florida will use their b2b picks onnnnn

Kyle Connor - already an elite LW who has a 38 goal season under his belt at the age of 24, it seemed only fair that I got McDavid a line mate who can actually play (and give corny old sportswriters tons of Connor2Connor puns to work with)

And our second pick will be Nicklas Backstrom - this one was much harder to make as there are a few similar options here, but Backstrom has been an elite two way center for a long time and we here in Florida believe he has a few high level seasons left in him, especially on the second line with cushier match-ups.

Starsfan is back OTC with MononcQC after

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

mentholmoose posted:

Aaron Ekbad more like.

I thought so too but he had a huge bounce-back last season despite playing more minutes than he ever has.

It's a bit of a gimmick gamble and a bit of I genuinely believe he has the chance to maintain that level of play and possibly even elevate it.

Iodised QQ posted:

Kyle Connor - already an elite LW who has a 38 goal season under his belt at the age of 24, it seemed only fair that I got McDavid a line mate who can actually play (and give corny old sportswriters tons of Connor2Connor puns to work with)

Connor was seriously tempting being a drat near 40 goal scorer still on the board 60 picks in but he is apparently a tire fire defensively.
Not that that matters much if he's on a line with McDavid because he should never have to spend any time in his own end

Good Soldier Svejk fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Sep 3, 2021

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

I'll grab Ryan Pulock, you guys caught me out on the road

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

The Chicago Blackhawks have unfortunately heard of ongoing disagreements in the locker room between All Star Strict Eater Nathan MacKinnon and Hot-Dog- and Life-Loving Phil Kessel. Our staff informs us that they may unfortunately not get along and agree to play on the same line because Phil's water bottle is in fact filled with Mountain Dew.

The Chicago Blackhawks are therefore proud to draft Center and Pizza enthusiast Phillip Danault to play on Phil Kessel's line, which I am hearing Kessel is already dubbing the 'Re-Phil line'. MacKinnon seems unhappy, but we'll see how we work around that. Welcome back Phillip!

MononcQc fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Sep 3, 2021

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

All offense, all the time.

Ruining a promising young goaltender like Juuse Saros is going to take a lot of work, but the Flyers also want to win games, so we have to take prime offensive players who suck in their own end.

To that goal, the Flyers will be taking one of the prime young offensive d-men in the game, Thomas Chabot.

https://twitter.com/jfreshhockey/status/1405678610241970183?s=21

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

Furnaceface has been skipped, lazerwolf is on the clock til 6:54.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
Colorado Avalanche select Seth Jones

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

The Detroit Red Wings will select the true winner of the 2021 Calder Trophy (pretty sure old man Kirill Kaprizov has got grey hair!) Jason Robertson.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

FBS posted:

Furnaceface has been skipped, lazerwolf is on the clock til 6:54.

I would rather have been browsing hockey cap hits and fancy charts I dont understand than work the Friday before a long weekend. I cant trust people enough to look after a pet rock let alone their own prescriptions apparently. :smithicide:

Speaking of pet rocks and prescription pills, Gritty will need a new friend because Vancouver is happy to select Claude Giroux to center the first line that will get all the goals.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

The Nashville Predators are proud to select Tomas Hertl.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Technetium posted:

The Nashville Predators are proud to select Tomas Hertl.

Was really hoping he'd fall to me. One of the best two way centers in the league.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
Didn’t realize I was up !

The Carolina Hurricanes , as a team of jerks and horrible people, have started with Brad Marchand and Tom Wilson. We are sad to have had Patrick Kane fall out of our grasp. We will not miss this next pick.

The Carolina Hurricanes pick:

Evander Kane

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

It's really too bad you missed out on Seth Jones due to lazerwolf's ??? gimmick.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Furnaceface posted:

I would rather have been browsing hockey cap hits and fancy charts I dont understand than work the Friday before a long weekend. I cant trust people enough to look after a pet rock let alone their own prescriptions apparently. :smithicide:

Speaking of pet rocks and prescription pills, Gritty will need a new friend because Vancouver is happy to select Claude Giroux to center the first line that will get all the goals.

Nooooooo

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Morning!

Yaya is on the clock when it resumes at 10.

Then:

Arabian Jesus
me
glynnenstein
Drunk Canuck
FBS
eXXon

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
God, this gimmick was a mistake. So many of my better options are already gone, including Hertl who I was really hoping for.

I'll grab Teuvo Teravainen

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

kalensc posted:

Nooooooo

I know the vast majority of people that do this go in super hard on prospects and young elite players but I was still kind of shocked Giroux made it back to me in the 3rd round.

Yaya posted:

God, this gimmick was a mistake. So many of my better options are already gone, including Hertl who I was really hoping for.

I'll grab Teuvo Teravainen

Team ?

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

We've got the American Jesus
Overwhelming millions every day

Minnesota will select G Alex Nedeljkovic

Really thought Hertle would fall :(

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Screw it, I can’t think of anyone I’d rather build a team around at the moment than Alex Lafreniere.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

The Washington Capitals select Darnell Nurse.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

C William Karlsson is selected by the Kings

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

I need a first-line center and it's important to find home-grown talent that's committed to the team. He may be getting older, and you know in the back of your head he's starting to decline, but you've gotta keep riding him, because what other choice do you have, really? Besides, the fans probably won't even notice.

Winnipeg selects Anze Kopitar.

FBS fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Sep 4, 2021

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

Incorrect!

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

As a slap in the face to recency bias, the Toronto Maple Leafs are pleased to select proud almost-Canadian-Michiganer, dinger-socker, and lotta dollar-making defenseman, Zach Werenski.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Kuule is skipped I believe.

Mono on the clock