Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Poque posted:

We have one spot left for a casual auction league that's drafting Friday at 8:30 eastern if you are interested and can make it. It's on Sleeper.

We are not allowing autodrafting though since it's intended to help out some folks who haven't done auction before but are interested.

We got a cool goon to fill the spot, but now we need another.
https://sleeper.app/i/V5q1M3gDA863

It's free: If you've always wanted to discover auction, this is the perfect place to do it.
1 QB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Drunk Nerds posted:

It's free: If you've always wanted to discover auction, this is the perfect place to do it.
1 QB

That’s an actual league, not just a mock draft, right?

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
I have 11th pick in a half PPR redraft and based on some mocks it seems like Kelce is available there. Would you pick him over Diggs? Would that depend on if you got an RB or WR in the first? So I guess the same question, if you got Hill in the 1st would you take Kelce or maybe Taylor at 2.02?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Drunk Nerds posted:

1 QB

is there a thread or website for it other than just the league site on sleeper? who's in this league?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

KingKapalone posted:

I have 11th pick in a half PPR redraft and based on some mocks it seems like Kelce is available there. Would you pick him over Diggs? Would that depend on if you got an RB or WR in the first? So I guess the same question, if you got Hill in the 1st would you take Kelce or maybe Taylor at 2.02?

TE: hell no. Also kelce is 32 at an already injury prone position. Not in the first few frames honestly.

Diggs/Tyreek: maybe. Depends on the RBs avaiable.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

CocoaNuts posted:

Fantasy Pros' experts, by a factor of 2 to 1, say Waddle is better than Mooney, so Mooney is the guy to drop.
I wonder why they would like a rookie WR catching passes over a 2nd WR catching passes from a vet or rookie QB? Based on prior discussion in this thread, rookie WRs rarely, if ever, end up being a big deal.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Drunk Nerds posted:

1 QB

We filled this slot, appreciate the step-in and also the other interest!

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

KingKapalone posted:

If it's standard rosters I like Kelce there assuming someone like Barkley or Chubb didn't slip to 11. Really your only chance to get a good TE without reaching and he gives the biggest positional advantage other than like CMC. Plenty of stud WRs at the 3/4 turn.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I wonder why they would like a rookie WR catching passes over a 2nd WR catching passes from a vet or rookie QB? Based on prior discussion in this thread, rookie WRs rarely, if ever, end up being a big deal.

Top 10 picks always have a chance. No guarantee, but it's not like some random unheralded 3rd round rookie we're talking about. I wouldn't bet on Waddle being a huge hit for injury/Tua/competition from other WR reasons, but here's a bunch of WR3 or better rookie seasons from the past few years: (2020) Ceedee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, Tee Higgins, Chase Claypool, Brandon Aiyuk; (2019) DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, Terry McLaurin, Deebo Samuel; (2018) Calvin Ridley, DJ Moore; (2017) just Juju

thalweg
Aug 26, 2019

I had 6th pick in a 12 team 0.5 ppr superflex and this is what i ended up with. I don't like picking in the middle and every time it was my turn i didn't like any of the "top" options available to me, and it just got worse the longer the draft went on. oh well

Round Pick Player Position
1. (6) Alvin Kamara RB
2. (19) Aaron Rodgers QB
3. (30) DeAndre Hopkins WR
4. (43) James Robinson RB
5. (54) Joe Burrow QB
6. (67) Julio Jones WR
7. (78) Trey Sermon RB
8. (91) Tyler Boyd WR
9. (102) Courtland Sutton WR
10. (115) Sam Darnold QB
11. (126) Gerald Everett TE (i don't know what i was thinking here)
12. (139) Leonard Fournette RB
13. (150) Alexander Mattison RB
14. (163) Ty'Son Williams RB
15. (174) Rondale Moore WR

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

thalweg posted:

I had 6th pick in a 12 team 0.5 ppr superflex and this is what i ended up with. I don't like picking in the middle and every time it was my turn i didn't like any of the "top" options available to me, and it just got worse the longer the draft went on. oh well

1. (6) Alvin Kamara RB
2. (19) Aaron Rodgers QB
5. (54) Joe Burrow QB
6. (67) Julio Jones WR
7. (78) Trey Sermon RB
8. (91) Tyler Boyd WR
10. (115) Sam Darnold QB

Looks fine to me.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Sep 4, 2021

thalweg
Aug 26, 2019

Yeah, maybe it's fine. Yahoo gave me a C but what do they know, right?

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

thalweg posted:

Without exaggeration the team with the highest yahoo grade has got last place in my one yahoo league 4 years in a row. This year it is me :sweatdrop:. Yahoo projections are terrible and project everyone in my low scoring league to get 120+ this week when typically maybe 5 teams a week get above 100.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

thalweg posted:

Yahoo slams you for not taking back up QBs/TEs/Kickers/DSTs and values higher ranked QBs/TEs over RB/WR depth. It’s not great.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

thalweg posted:

1. (6) Alvin Kamara RB
2. (19) Aaron Rodgers QB
5. (54) Joe Burrow QB
6. (67) Julio Jones WR
7. (78) Trey Sermon RB
8. (91) Tyler Boyd WR
10. (115) Sam Darnold QB
I think its good and I dont know why you would be worried about Everett as he is probably the #3 pass catching option on a pass-happy team that frequently has a TE on the field. And he's familiar with the new OC.

thalweg posted:

A guy that got a draft grade D won the league a few years ago so now "Draft Grade D" has been his team name since then.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

thalweg posted:

1. (6) Alvin Kamara RB
2. (19) Aaron Rodgers QB
5. (54) Joe Burrow QB
6. (67) Julio Jones WR
7. (78) Trey Sermon RB
8. (91) Tyler Boyd WR
10. (115) Sam Darnold QB

Looks good to me!

I think Everett is a good pick. I mean he’s most likely the guy getting the most targets after Metcalf and Lockett

thalweg
Aug 26, 2019

Well thanks everyone for the reassurance, I'm not as worried now :)

With Everett, it was more that I could have gotten him at least a few rounds later. I think everybody had gotten a starting TE except for one other team by then. By that point in the draft, my options were him or Gesicki basically.

thalweg fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Sep 4, 2021

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
How do you even find draft grades on Yahoo these days? Are those still just available for snake drafts?

Been relying on the FantasyPros ranking so far.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

generic one posted:

How do you even find draft grades on Yahoo these days? Are those still just available for snake drafts?

Been relying on the FantasyPros ranking so far.

Fantasy Pros and Beersheets are my go-to

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

important to note Seattle's OC is now Shane Waldron, who last managed the passing game for Everett's former team, the LA Rams. Everett's gonna have a good year.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Keith Atherton posted:

Fantasy Pros and Beersheets are my go-to

Well, yeah, but my question was more geared to the Yahoo grades folks were mentioning. Like, I remember those being a thing, but I’m not even seeing that as an option this year. Maybe they’re hidden behind the new paid service Yahoo is offering? As worthless as they are, I was kind of curious how they’re stacking up against other sites.

Maybe I’m just blind.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

generic one posted:

Well, yeah, but my question was more geared to the Yahoo grades folks were mentioning. Like, I remember those being a thing, but I’m not even seeing that as an option this year. Maybe they’re hidden behind the new paid service Yahoo is offering? As worthless as they are, I was kind of curious how they’re stacking up against other sites.

Maybe I’m just blind.

A few minutes after your yahoo draft finishes it posts an AI generated review of teams with grades on your league page. It is free and automatic.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

freeman posted:

My WRs (2 flex ppr 12 team): Amari Cooper, JuJu, Boyd, DeVonta, Callaway

Would you rather:

Trade Kittle + non-Cooper WR for a lowend WR1
Trade Hock + non-Cooper WR for a lowend WR2

Ended up price enforcing my way to both TEs and seems like a waste to have Hock on my bench for the 4-5 weeks until Kittle dies.

I didnt see this answered, but I 100% trade Kittle. Hock is gonna be a PPR monster and I like his chances of finishing the season TE1. TE3 is a reasonable expectation, so I want the low end WR1. I'm gonna feel a lot better pairing ARob, McLaurin, or AJB with Hock over the alternative.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Sataere posted:

I didnt see this answered, but I 100% trade Kittle. Hock is gonna be a PPR monster and I like his chances of finishing the season TE1. TE3 is a reasonable expectation, so I want the low end WR1. I'm gonna feel a lot better pairing ARob, McLaurin, or AJB with Hock over the alternative.

Kittle has a higher ADP than McLaurin and ARob, I don't see why he has to include another player in the trade. But other than that I concur.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Is it seen as lame to use the IR as extra bench space? Can load up on various PUPed players like Jeff Wilson and Tarik Cohen for free. It seems kind of try-hard for a somewhat casual league, but hey, free 17th and 18th round picks.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Sep 4, 2021

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Just finished my last draft of the season, #6/12, 1PPR:

QB (1): Murray
WRs/F (3+1): Diontae Johnson, Higgins, Sutton, Shenault, Chark, Meyers, Elijah Moore
RBs/F (2+1): Kamara, Ekeler, Gibson, Murray, Hubbard, Rhamondre Stevenson
TE/F (1+1): Andrews
K: McManus
DEF: New England

my WRs suffered but I couldn't pass up getting 3 top 10 RBs when Ekeler and Gibson were still there.

I'll be shocked if Gibson isn't my flex every week.

figuring out which 3 of my WRs to start will be my only decision each week in this league.

Fate Accomplice fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Sep 4, 2021

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Pain of Mind posted:

Is it seen as lame to use the IR as extra bench space? Can load up on various PUPed players like Jeff Wilson and Tarik Cohen for free. I guess it is unlikely to be impactful but it seems kind of try-hard.

Probably not for either of them. Definitely not for Cohen, he seems done unfortunately. For a situation like Thomas yeah, but for players that you’d almost definitely never start I probably wouldn’t bother. If a situation changes, ie Sermon or Mostert going down for the rest of the season then sure.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Pain of Mind posted:

Is it seen as lame to use the IR as extra bench space? Can load up on various PUPed players like Jeff Wilson and Tarik Cohen for free. It seems kind of try-hard for a somewhat casual league, but hey, free 17th and 18th round picks.

If you’re playing for money do whatever gives you an advantage. Everyone is “trying hard” to win fantasy football.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Pain of Mind posted:

Without exaggeration the team with the highest yahoo grade has got last place in my one yahoo league 4 years in a row. This year it is me :sweatdrop:. Yahoo projections are terrible and project everyone in my low scoring league to get 120+ this week when typically maybe 5 teams a week get above 100.

I mock a lot. Sometimes when I'm burnt out I try to get the 100% grade on Yahoo. Just gonna drop this here:

1. Christian McCaffrey (Car - RB) $74
2. J.K. Dobbins (Bal - RB) $43
3. D'Andre Swift (Det - RB) $41
4. Ronald Jones II (TB - RB) $7
5. Brandon Aiyuk (SF - WR) $7
6. Russell Wilson (Sea - QB) $6
7. Tyler Boyd (Cin - WR) $2
8. Najee Harris (Pit - RB) $2
9. Leonard Fournette (TB - RB) $3
10. Noah Fant (Den - TE) $2
11. JuJu Smith-Schuster (Pit - WR) $2
12. Tom Brady (TB - QB) $1
13. DJ Chark Jr. (Jax - WR) $2
14. Baltimore (Bal - DEF) $2
15. Younghoe Koo (Atl - K) $1

1. Christian McCaffrey (Car - RB) $75
2. J.K. Dobbins (Bal - RB) $42
3. David Montgomery (Chi - RB) $29
4. CeeDee Lamb (Dal - WR) $19
5. Mark Andrews (Bal - TE) $13
6. Kyler Murray (Ari - QB) $8
7. Tee Higgins (Cin - WR) $2
8. Damien Harris (NE - RB) $2
9. Washington (Was - DEF) $1
10. Justin Herbert (LAC - QB) $2
11. Najee Harris (Pit - RB) $2
12. DJ Chark Jr. (Jax - WR) $2
13. Harrison Butker (KC - K) $1
14. David Johnson (Hou - RB) $1
15. Irv Smith Jr. (Min - TE) $1

1. Jonathan Taylor (Ind - RB) $64
2. Najee Harris (Pit - RB) $43
3. Chris Carson (Sea - RB) $39
4. Tyler Lockett (Sea - WR) $9
5. Kyler Murray (Ari - QB) $3
6. Dak Prescott (Dal - QB) $3
7. Travis Etienne (Jax - RB) $3
8. Dallas Goedert (Phi - TE) $4
9. Kenny Golladay (NYG - WR) $4
10. Leonard Fournette (TB - RB) $2
11. Brandon Aiyuk (SF - WR) $3
12. Tee Higgins (Cin - WR) $3
13. Los Angeles (LAR - DEF) $1
14. Justin Tucker (Bal - K) $2
15. Javonte Williams (Den - RB) $2

I would give all of those teams a B+ at best. Serious wr2 issues and needless backup QBs and tes where good flex depth should be.

Simply by mocking... by practicing... you are better than a robot trying to get some grasp of the fantasy football landscape with an algorithm that probably hasn't been given the bare minimum of optimization since 2004

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Sep 4, 2021

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

Sataere posted:

coronaball posted:

Kittle has a higher ADP than McLaurin and ARob, I don't see why he has to include another player in the trade. But other than that I concur.

Appreciate the responses. I'll send a 1:1 to the Terry and Allen owners who have bad TEs and see if either bites.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Fate Accomplice posted:

Just finished my last draft of the season, #6/12, 1PPR:

QB (1): Murray
WRs/F (3+1): Diontae Johnson, Higgins, Sutton, Shenault, Chark, Meyers, Elijah Moore
RBs/F (2+1): Kamara, Ekeler, Gibson, Murray, Hubbard, Rhamondre Stevenson
TE/F (1+1): Andrews
K: McManus
DEF: New England

my WRs suffered but I couldn't pass up getting 3 top 10 RBs when Ekeler and Gibson were still there.

I'll be shocked if Gibson isn't my flex every week.

figuring out which 3 of my WRs to start will be my only decision each week in this league.

Haha amazing. You have some dumb league mates.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Double post but an actual question. I'm back in a PPR league for the first time in a while, and since I'm 9th there's a chance that a 0RB strategy will be the best choice. I've never actually done that in a money league. I know the basics - 2 top WRs, wait for RBs until the end of the dead zone (so rounds 5-7). But am I taking straight WRs until then?

I'm never inclined to take a top QB, but I never like middling TEs either (usually prefer to wait if I miss out on top 3). All WRs feels like a logjam but I suppose 4 high level players gives me good depth and a distinct advantage at one position group. So maybe 4 wrs and then Kyler/Josh Allen, or Andrews/Hockenson?

E. Should clarify that this is a 12 team league. I had Adams/Diggs fall to me in a mock last night which got me thinking about this. Obviously my strategy will depend on what happens on draft day.

shirts and skins fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Sep 4, 2021

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Does anyone else do draft pick trading? My league did some before last weekend's draft and I feel like I came out of it okay. Started out 3rd in a snake draft of 10 teams, no PPR, and came out with:

Round (Pick) Player Position
1. (2) Christian McCaffrey RB
3. (23) Clyde Edwards-Helaire RB
3. (24) George Kittle TE
4. (38) Chris Carson RB
5. (43) Amari Cooper WR
6. (59) DJ Moore WR
7. (63) Russell Wilson QB
8. (78) Raheem Mostert RB
9. (83) Ja'Marr Chase WR
10. (98) Melvin Gordon RB
11. (103) Mike Williams WR
12. (119) Jarvis Landry WR
13. (123) Bills D/ST
14. (138) Irv Smith Jr TE (dropped immediately after the draft for Elijah Moore when I checked the news and saw he was out for the season)
15. (143) DeVante Parker WR
16. (158) Greg Zuerlein K

The guy picking first refused to do any trades and then spent that 1.01 pick on Patrick Mahomes so while the wait from 2 to 23 was torture it was definitely worth it to get the effective number one pick. I think I ended up going a bit heavy on RBs but it means I've got a decent bench / trading fodder for when legs inevitably start exploding.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Just finished drafting. Half PPR. Picked 8 out of 12.
Yahoo gave me a grade of C-, if that counts for anything.

QB: Kyler Murray, Matthew Stafford
RB: Austin Ekeler, Clyde Edwards - Helaire, Mike Davis, Jamaal Williams, Devin Singletary
WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Ceedee Lamb, Adam Thielen, Tyler Boyd, Jarvis Landry, Cole Beasly
TE: Johnnu Smith
K: Ryan Succop
DEF: Indianapolis

I'm pretty happy with WR and QB, although I did reach for Stafford. Aside from Ekeler and CDE, RB might be my weak point. TE was a tire fire after round 5.

Okuteru fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Sep 4, 2021

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

12-team, 0.5 PPR, drafting from the #2 spot. Feeling lukewarm about how this one turned out. Should I feel better than I do? :thunk:

QB: Ryan Tannehill (9)
RB: Alvin Kamara (1)
RB: Joe Mixon (3)
WR: DJ Moore (5)
WR: Chase Claypool (6)
TE: Darren Waller (2)
FLEX: Miles Sanders (4)
FLEX: Corey Davis (8)
K: TBD
DEF: Denver (15)

BENCH
Trey Lance (12)
Melvin Gordon (7)
James White (14)
Tony Jones (16)(probably my drop for a kicker)
Marvin Jones (10)
Curtis Samuel (11)
Marquez Callaway (13)

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
is there a discord or something

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

freeman posted:

Appreciate the responses. I'll send a 1:1 to the Terry and Allen owners who have bad TEs and see if either bites.

Traded Kittle and JuJu for AJB. I feel good about it and even have an extra roster spot for a random dart throw.

ChuckBTY
Feb 14, 2012
Got my first (work) draft done today. Mostly like how it went though i went a little loopy in the middle rounds

QB: Hurts (11)
RB: Kamara (1), Harris (2), J. Williams (7) Sermon (9)
WR: Allen (3), Lamb (4), Cupp (5) J. Chase (6), Mooney (12)
TE: Gesicki (10)
D/ST: Bills (13)
K: Crosby (14)

As soon as I hit the draft button on Williams I realized Gus was still on the board and did a facepalm, but otherwise I like this team a lot.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It's not at all outside the realm of possibility that Javante Williams outscores Gus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChuckBTY
Feb 14, 2012
Oh for sure, I don't hate the pic, it just wasn't my favorite. Overall I really liked this draft and hope i can do something similar with my main league tonight. Of course I'm picking 9th there so the early rounds especially will look a LOT different.