Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

spacetoaster posted:

Looking at the state of things in the US last year, September/October were "low" immediately followed by massive spikes for the holidays.

Currently, the US has numbers high as hell, are they going to spike like they did last year for the holiday? Because if so, holy hell that's going to be a lot of covid.

Yes, Lambda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

The girl starts to crack up at the 1 minute mark and :lol:

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Pennywise the Frown posted:

This is legitimately true. It was a court case with Tucker Carlson. They said no reasonable person would believe what he says.

The judge apparently didn't realize that 40%, maybe 50% now, are not reasonable.

loving infuriating.

can't it be re-litigated with new evidence? they continue to commit the action they claim no one believes and there's protests every day across the country and facebook to prove they believe it. surely there's not double jeopardy anything for this

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Wrong thread

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

i got my vaccine card laminated because everyone was all like "staples laminates them for free!" and i was like ok, cool. then like 2 days later everything was like "dont laminate it!"

whoops too late

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

lamination is free
unlamination will be $20

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Laminating government documents makes them no longer valid, a thing I had to repeat roughly 900 million hojillion loving times over the single summer I spent working at a print shop.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Wendigee posted:

can't it be re-litigated with new evidence? they continue to commit the action they claim no one believes and there's protests every day across the country and facebook to prove they believe it. surely there's not double jeopardy anything for this

Tiller the Baby Killer
Tiller the Baby Killer
Tiller the Baby Killer
Tiller the Baby Killer

We had nothing to do with his death.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Zugzwang posted:

Didn’t Alex Jones’s lawyers say the same thing?

Rachel Maddow's just did like last month.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

in my defense my state's governor was recommending people "laminate it and keep it in your wallet"

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

well thats it i've voting for jill's green party until the DNC figures out we are serious!

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

spacetoaster posted:

Rachel Maddow's just did like last month.

Nah, I'm pretty sure that was a defense of what was obviously satirical hyperbole being deliberately taken out of context.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Imagine losing to Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton, Jill Stein is just the loving worst lol

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

QuarkJets posted:

Imagine losing to Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton, Jill Stein is just the loving worst lol

Jill Stein is the Sinema and the Machin of her election. They are all bought and paid for.

Citizens united is the end of our country. Eventually.

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Sep 4, 2021

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Wendigee posted:

Jill Stein is the Sinema and the Machin of her election. They are all bought and paid for.

Citizens united is the end of our country. Eventually.

Silly goose it isn't our country. Maybe your country. Are you a billionaire?

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Platystemon posted:

That’s what’s so interesting.

We’re entering the cool zone of uncharted epidemiology where all models break down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzlG28B-R8Y

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Platystemon posted:

It’s like that stock‐boosting scam.

You start with ten thousand marks. On the first day, you tell half of them that a particular stock will go up. To the other half, you say that it will go down. You’ve given a bad prediction to half of them, and they dismiss you. No matter. Take the remaining five thousand and tell half of them that a different stock will go up, and half that it will go down.

After five rounds of this, what remains is three hundred people who’ve witnessed you correctly predict five stock movements in a row. Now when you tell them to buy your penny stock, they’re inclined to think you know what you’re talking about.

Likewise, Floridians who survive Ron Desantis’ cull will be inclined to think “Ron DeSantis won the pandemic”.

Also:

smoobles posted:

I heard the virus is actually gonna stop spreading, so there's nothing to worry about

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Barudak posted:

Laminating government documents makes them no longer valid, a thing I had to repeat roughly 900 million hojillion loving times over the single summer I spent working at a print shop.

It's not a social security card. Laminating your vaccine card doesn't make it invalid it just means you have to get a new one when you get a booster.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Vampire Panties posted:

The girl starts to crack up at the 1 minute mark and :lol:

lmao

edit: to be clear, when doofus says "Lord, please love-up on this girl!" she loses it. Because that is loving funny as hell and she still retains a shred of her humanity, apparently.

Dang It Bhabhi! fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Sep 4, 2021

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
I'm surprised he hasn't pivoted to telling his followers that the delta variant is very serious and that Sleepy Joe is bad because he's doing nothing about it.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Hey can we close the schools now?

quote:

15 Miami-Dade educators die from COVID-19 in 10 days

MIAMI-DADE COUNTY, Fla. / NBC6 — Fifteen staffers of the Miami-Dade County Public Schools District have died from COVID-19 in the past 10 days, officials said.

Sonia Diaz, a spokesperson for several unions in the school district, confirmed the number of deaths to affiliate NBC6.

One of the educators that lost their life to COVID-19 was Abe Coleman, a teacher for more than 30 years.

“It’s a tremendous loss. The number of lives that he impacted are countless. So many young men had the benefit of him intervening in their lives and pointing them in the right direction,” said Marcus Bright, with 5000 Role Models of Excellence.

Coleman was also a mentor and Site Director for the 5000 Role Models of Excellence Program, overseeing the Holmes Elementary location. He helped shape the lives of hundreds of young men over the years in the organization that mentors minority men in Miami-Dade County.

“In particular, he was a bridge builder for the students there. He connected them with opportunity, with resources, with infrastructures of opportunity that fed into and contributed to their development,” Bright said.

On Tuesday, Coleman lost his life to COVID-19 at the age of 55.

Congresswoman Fredricka Wilson, the founder of 5000 Role Models, released a statement saying, in part:

“Mr. Abe Coleman was a highly motivated, dedicated, and inspirational Site Director for the Holmes Elementary Role Models Chapter and never missed a day. The pandemic did not deter him.“

Abe Coleman leaves behind a wife, son and countless men he inspired.

Officials haven’t released the identities of the other teachers or staff members, and a Miami-Dade County Public Schools spokesperson said the district doesn’t release the cause of death for employees or students.
https://nbc-2.com/news/health/covid/2021/09/03/15-miami-dade-educators-die-from-covid-19-in-10-days/

Zugzwang posted:

I'm surprised he hasn't pivoted to telling his followers that the delta variant is very serious and that Sleepy Joe is bad because he's doing nothing about it.

He dipped his toe into trying to recommend the vaccines to his followers and they did NOT go for it. :v:
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1429255690682572805

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Killing educators is just a pleasant side effect for the GOP mindset. I’m wondering if any of those 15 were vax’d, because the idea of being in a school right now without the jab is a suicide mission, ain’t enough horse paste in the world.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

You know, if I was gonna murder my partner for life insurance I feel like now is the time to do it by overdosing them with Ivermectin.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

EL BROMANCE posted:

Killing educators is just a pleasant side effect for the GOP mindset. I’m wondering if any of those 15 were vax’d, because the idea of being in a school right now without the jab is a suicide mission, ain’t enough horse paste in the world.

Zero.

These are people choosing to work with the children of Florida.

They want to teach chuds and they most likely didn't even wear masks.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Wife had a mandatory board meeting yesterday, while some opted to attend virtually, there were a few board members that insisted it be in person. Since she does the AV for these meetings, she had to attend as well. This morning she gets a text from her boss that two of the in person board members have tested positive this morning. She took a rapid test and it came back negative, but it is quarantining time again.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Zugzwang posted:

Trump instinctively knows the one rule these people believe in. Never give the libs anything.

If the libs think delta is serious, you can never agree

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

EL BROMANCE posted:

I’m wondering if any of those 15 were vax’d, because the idea of being in a school right now without the jab is a suicide mission, ain’t enough horse paste in the world.

Articles from a few days ago say that at least some of them weren't vaxxed, and the local teachers unions aren't really in favour of vaxx mandates anyway

quote:

So is it time for schools to consider vaccine mandates for teachers and other employees — something private sector businesses have begun doing?

“When we haven’t had the support of wearing something as simple as a mask, we doubt there will ever be a mandate for vaccinations,” said Karla Hernadez-Mats, president of the United Teachers of Dade union.

“I’m not in favor of that,” Broward Teachers Union President Anna Fusco said when asked the same question. “At least not right now.”

Hernadez-Mats said this past week at least three teachers in Miami-Dade have died, and seven school bus employees also fell victims to the pandemic in a span of a week.

Those who have been lost tend to be African Americans and not vaccinated.
https://www.local10.com/news/local/2021/09/01/could-schools-require-covid-vaccines-for-teachers/

Barudak posted:

You know, if I was gonna murder my partner for life insurance I feel like now is the time to do it by overdosing them with Ivermectin.

There was that case in Arizona where an elderly couple drank chloroquine phosphate fishtank cleaner because Daddy Trump recommend something similar, the husband then died and the wife was investigated for homicide but nothing came from it and she wasn't charged so the precedent is already there
https://www.katc.com/news/national/...d-as-a-homicide

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

He dipped his toe into trying to recommend the vaccines to his followers and they did NOT go for it. :v:
Yeah this super sucks because you’d think that if anyone on earth could get these folks to vaxx up, it’d be him.

Zil posted:

Wife had a mandatory board meeting yesterday, while some opted to attend virtually, there were a few board members that insisted it be in person. Since she does the AV for these meetings, she had to attend as well. This morning she gets a text from her boss that two of the in person board members have tested positive this morning. She took a rapid test and it came back negative, but it is quarantining time again.
drat, sorry to hear. No point in taking a test for at least a few days though. False negatives would be common enough even at 5-7 days that you should just wait 2-3 days then test every day if you can afford to.

ikanreed posted:

If the libs think delta is serious
buddy,

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Zugzwang posted:

then test every day if you can afford to.
Wait wait wait, tests aren't free?!

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Akuma posted:

they are if you have insurance, lol

i'm vaccinated, but had to take a work trip that put me through a few planes and airports, getting back last friday. started feeling like garbage (coughing, sneezing, fever, fatigue, aches) wednesday morning, feeling better today. i took a PCR test on thursday and got it back early this morning with a "not detected" result. i guess i have something more boring, but what are the odds that this is both a breakthrough case and a false positive? can i hang out with my vaccinated friends?

Classic Comrade
Dec 24, 2012

(hair tousled from head shaking during speeches)

Akuma posted:

you can buy self-administered rapid tests at cvs/walgreens, i think that's what they were referencing

otherwise, PCR+rapid test costs at clinics depends on the state (and also if u have insurance, as the person above mentioned)

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

butt dickus posted:

I think Walgreens and CVS are doing free drivethru tests -- they'll bill your insurance if you have it, but it's free otherwise.

(apologies if I'm misunderstanding something fundamental here or if you don't have those nearby.)

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

lmao

edit: to be clear, when doofus says "Lord, please love-up on this girl!" she loses it. Because that is loving funny as hell and she still retains a shred of her humanity, apparently.

those human thumbs like that this is the closest they been to a HSer and not have a cop called, or mace or tasers involved.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

butt dickus posted:

i'm vaccinated, but had to take a work trip that put me through a few planes and airports, getting back last friday. started feeling like garbage (coughing, sneezing, fever, fatigue, aches) wednesday morning, feeling better today. i took a PCR test on thursday and got it back early this morning with a "not detected" result. i guess i have something more boring, but what are the odds that this is both a breakthrough case and a false positive negative? can i hang out with my vaccinated friends?

You're probably fine, the PCR tests are a fair bit more accurate than the rapid tests but they're also not guaranteed to be 100% accurate. You should still practice caution (masks, distancing where possible) and warn your friends beforehand that you were symptomatic but passed a PCR test in case they don't want to take the chance.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

You're probably fine, the PCR tests are a fair bit more accurate than the rapid tests but they're also not guaranteed to be 100% accurate. You should still practice caution (masks, distancing where possible) and warn your friends beforehand that you were symptomatic but passed a PCR test in case they don't want to take the chance.
Yeah, it could be something else, but false negatives are a thing and caution is always warranted. Of course I’d advise caution regardless since hospitals are overwhelmed and cases are skyrocketing.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Lol. I just saw this on my FB and NPR is sounding very :rolleyes:

severe hepatitis lol

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

severe hepatitis lol

:chud:"I have seen the lists, it's safe."

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

severe hepatitis lol

I come bearing terrible news

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1433890541465448450

The ivermectin crew are going to be SUPER happy with this bullet proof evidence that horsepaste works!!!!!! (He also took monoclonal antibodies but they'll ignore that part)

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Covideo killed the radio star

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Oh no, the chuds are going to double down on the :horsedrugs: whatever will we do?