Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

You can identify the PPC candidate by his very sinister vibes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
The spectre of moral turpitude

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

Powershift posted:

It absolutely is.

70some perecent of people want all the good poo poo. Gun control, vaccine mandates, equal rights, rent controls.

We let career politicians tell us it isn't possible

Absolutely. There would still be party politics, but parties would actually have to become mass movements with widespread engagement because you never know who's going to be selected so you have to get as many on board as possible. Instead of blast emails asking for money and no other engagement

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
PC / Liberal
NDP / Green
PPC / Christian Heritage / Libertarian
Liberal

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

hahahahaha

quote:

Makk has “no major complaints” about the system.

He noted he was hospitalized twice with COVID-19 and “was very well cared for.”

https://www.midlandtoday.ca/canadavotes2021/simcoe-north-candidates-quizzed-in-first-meeting-of-campaign-4302023

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

How do I, a person who won't be able to vote until the election following this one, help the NDP rend the cons asunder? I am a computer toucher by trade and not able to canvass because I work stupid hours. It's there something little I can do that would help?

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

How do I, a person who won't be able to vote until the election following this one, help the NDP rend the cons asunder? I am a computer toucher by trade and not able to canvass because I work stupid hours. It's there something little I can do that would help?

Toss $5 at them?

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

how many eggs you got

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Blood Boils posted:

Toss $5 at them?

They can't be trusted with it, they're so bad at messaging. I would prefer to DO something rather than hope they can

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

They can't be trusted with it, they're so bad at messaging. I would prefer to DO something rather than hope they can

Then help them with that messaging?

Use those computer skills! Touch "like" everytime Singh says he's gonna tax the rich!

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Guess I wasn't rude enough in my first post so I'll rephrase

Yes thanks I'd like that very much do I just stroll up to an office and say "who I gotta beat at thumb wars to run your messaging" or is there a better approach

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Probably ain't no shortcuts unless they're trying to recruit you. You gotta pay your dues in the phone pool like everyone else.

I mean, I guess you could try walking into your local campaign office and telling them how they're loving up, but I can't imagine it would go over well.

e: Email them your post history and see how it goes.

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Sep 4, 2021

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

infernal machines posted:

I mean, I guess you could try walking into your local campaign office and telling them how they're loving up, but I can't imagine it would go over well.

If you bring a full itemized report of exactly how they're loving things up, with machine learning identifying the exact degree to which each member of the campaign team is responsible for every aspect of their complete and utter failure, I'm sure you can parlay a lengthy debriefing into a fruitful long-term consulting partnership.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

eXXon posted:

If you bring a full itemized report of exactly how they're loving things up, with machine learning identifying the exact degree to which each member of the campaign team is responsible for every aspect of their complete and utter failure, I'm sure you can parlay a lengthy debriefing into a fruitful long-term consulting partnership.

I see we work for the same people

Chicken
Apr 23, 2014

Tried to get my second shot for the second time and just couldn't do it. They offered a medical exemption, but on the nurse's advice I'll try one more time after I smoke a poo poo-load of weed. So hopefully that works.

All the exposure therapy, CBT, etc was completely useless so honestly unsure how I'm going to get my second dose. Fingers crossed the weed works. It's just such a loving mess to work through when I don't have a family doctor and can't even see the same walk in doctors each time. I'm just so exhausted at how poo poo our mental healthcare is. There's a therapist who deals in phobias but he's like $250 an hour. Would probably vote PPC if their mental health proposition was clearly the best (thankfully that won't be an issue).

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

That really sucks, Chicken, hope it works out for you. Fwiw, for me, getting a recommendation from a walk in doc to a psychiatrist was kind of life-changing. Like, the drugs I was prescribed for general anxiety also eliminated my fear of heights as a side effect. Not discounting therapy, but get them good drugs if you can.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Yes thanks I'd like that very much do I just stroll up to an office and say "who I gotta beat at thumb wars to run your messaging" or is there a better approach

If you can find the contact info for anybody in your local riding, just email them, explain who you are, and offer to help. Maybe it's a backwater Alberta thing but the NDP association here was looking for pretty much anybody who was willing to help (though this was a few months ago they were recruiting).

But yeah barring that just show up and introduce yourself.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Chicken posted:

Tried to get my second shot for the second time and just couldn't do it. They offered a medical exemption, but on the nurse's advice I'll try one more time after I smoke a poo poo-load of weed. So hopefully that works.

All the exposure therapy, CBT, etc was completely useless so honestly unsure how I'm going to get my second dose. Fingers crossed the weed works. It's just such a loving mess to work through when I don't have a family doctor and can't even see the same walk in doctors each time. I'm just so exhausted at how poo poo our mental healthcare is. There's a therapist who deals in phobias but he's like $250 an hour. Would probably vote PPC if their mental health proposition was clearly the best (thankfully that won't be an issue).
I know people who have had good experiences with using Xanax or Ativan for that FWIW.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

ZeeBoi posted:

Someone in my building has handwritten signs on her window. GOOGLE PPC!!!!
It would be funny if this was the late 90s - early 00s and “PPC” just returned tons of links about Power Macintoshes.

Mr. Apollo fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Sep 4, 2021

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Ativan is some for real poo poo. It's what they gave me for my eye surgeries, I didn't give a gently caress about anything.

My friend called me after the surgery to ask how it had gone, apparently I was fully awake and answered all of her questions, but I couldn't make conversation at all. Like it just didn't occur to me that I should try and converse, so I wouldn't.

Chicken
Apr 23, 2014

Less Fat Luke posted:

I know people who have had good experiences with using Xanax or Ativan for that FWIW.

I took 1 mg Ativan for the first and first try of the second but bumped it up to 2mg for the most recent try. Apparently doctors are a bit skittish prescriping 3 or more for a single dose. And I'm not sure how much you have to take to turn into Jordan Peterson, but I would really prefer to avoid that.

Guigui
Jan 19, 2010
Winner of January '10 Lux Aeterna "Best 2010 Poster" Award

Mr. Apollo posted:

It would be funny if this was the late 90s - early 00s and “PPC” just returned tons of links about Power Macintoshes.

This just reminded me of the P-P-P-POWERBOOK story hosted here on SA.

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

My experience is limited and getting a bit out of date now, but it wouldn't surprise me if they need help doing data entry - mainly transcribing canvassers' sheets into their database. Call the local office and ask for the office manager - they'll know who to get you in touch with.

There's also lots of running around on Election Day where they need bodies to run errands, transport people, and scrutineer at the polls but :lol: to doing that during a pandemic.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888

Chicken posted:

I took 1 mg Ativan for the first and first try of the second but bumped it up to 2mg for the most recent try. Apparently doctors are a bit skittish prescriping 3 or more for a single dose. And I'm not sure how much you have to take to turn into Jordan Peterson, but I would really prefer to avoid that.

i found it insanely addictive and i only used it a handful of times, and I also quit smoking cold turkey without a problem

i found that after taking it, when you don't take it during an anxious situation it makes it even worse

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

You're asking a forum of bitter shut ins how to help out a group of people instead of just asking those people lol

Just email them dawg, tell em what you can and can't do

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

RBC posted:

i found that after taking it, when you don't take it during an anxious situation it makes it even worse

Addiction is an insidious beast. People think you beat the physical part and it's mostly over, but it can still leave a mark for years. Decades even.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
It occurs to me that if Trudeau does indeed poo poo this bed here, we will then be down to a single Liberal government anywhere in the country.

That's pretty wild. I don't think that has ever happened in my lifetime.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Raj is stepping aside

https://twitter.com/RajSaini4KitCen/status/1434232597291446273

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Franks Happy Place posted:

It occurs to me that if Trudeau does indeed poo poo this bed here, we will then be down to a single Liberal government anywhere in the country.

That's pretty wild. I don't think that has ever happened in my lifetime.

Maybe they should actually come up with meaningful plans to help people instead of just libbing it up.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

So who will the Libs part for, Green or NDP? Mike Morrice exists and got like 25% in this riding last time.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks for the genuine answers folks, I've reached out and got a completely useless response.

Blood Boils posted:

You're asking a forum of bitter shut ins how to help out a group of people instead of just asking those people lol

Just email them dawg, tell em what you can and can't do

These particular bitter shut-ins have been known to have clever ideas from time to time and I figured it was worth the effort to see if anyone has a brilliant suggestion.

Especially when, and here's the important bit: the people you want me to ask are hopelessly incompetent.

GonadTheBallbarian fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Sep 4, 2021

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

MatchaZed posted:

So who will the Libs part for, Green or NDP? Mike Morrice exists and got like 25% in this riding last time.

Mike came in 2nd last time, above the Conservative candidate. The NDP had a negligible result and are not running the same candidate this year.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Especially when, and here's the important bit: the people you want me to ask are hopelessly incompetent.

They really don't like you pointing this out though.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Muscle Tracer posted:

Mike came in 2nd last time, above the Conservative candidate. The NDP had a negligible result and are not running the same candidate this year.

Beisan Zubi (ndp) is pretty cool though and I think she'll do well this time around.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Thanks for the genuine answers folks, I've reached out and got a completely useless response.

These particular bitter shut-ins have been known to have clever ideas from time to time and I figured it was worth the effort to see if anyone has a brilliant suggestion.

Might need to be persistent. I imagine (and my tiny bit of second-hand observation confirms) that a campaign at any level gets a ton of inquiries that go nowhere. "Yes hello I'd like to volunteer, do you need a campaign manager? I have no experience whatsoever but it'd look good on my resume." And then if you take time to carve off some work, train a new person to do it (even if that training is just "here's the spreadsheet, try to stick to the format you see"), and see that it's done reasonably correctly, it's a roll of the dice whether they ever come back for a second time and pay off the effort you put in.

Remember, you know you're competent, but they don't (yet), and they've 100% been burned by someone who "totally knows Excel".

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Great to see a pee pee party sign right around the corner. Any idea how you can write the words "gently caress back off to the prairies, nazi scum" on a single brick?

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

flakeloaf posted:

Great to see a pee pee party sign right around the corner. Any idea how you can write the words "gently caress back off to the prairies, nazi scum" on a single brick?

Some sort of bit.ly link?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Some proper - well put together words regarding plague rats and their human rights.

https://twitter.com/karenpaulscbc/status/1433902043765354500

quote:

“It’s the Commission’s position that a person who chooses not to be vaccinated as a matter of personal preference - especially where that choice is based on misinformation or misunderstandings of scientific information - does not have grounds for a human rights complaint under The Code against an organization that is implementing mandatory vaccination policy. In other words, personal choice or preference is not a protected characteristic under The Code, and it cannot be justifiably argued that a person was discriminated against because of a choice or preference to not be vaccinated.”
http://www.manitobahumanrights.ca/v1/education-resources/resources/pubs/guidelines/guidelinecovidvaccine.pdf

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

ahahaha that's awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

apatheticman posted:

Some sort of bit.ly link?

It really is a shame Ditty shut down