Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Do SCAV Raiders still regularly spawn when you hit the switch on Reserve? Or is it something like only a 80% chance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Word is that the bags spawning open is a bug and it hasn't been patched because it's a small bug that would require doing a repack and redistribution of the level, so it will be left as is until Interchange next gets updated, or the next big patch.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
My new favourite Tarkov death is spawning with trash gear but a tonne of injectables, and as the PMCs converge on my prone, wounded body I inject everything including an SJ6 and morphine so that I'm now less valuable than the rounds that killed me.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Dec 29, 2021

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Does the 416 front sight ever flip out of the way and just doesn't like my Holosun, or does it co-witness elegantly enough that I shouldn't care? Haven't been able to test this thing out offline yet.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Shumagorath posted:

Does the 416 front sight ever flip out of the way and just doesn't like my Holosun, or does it co-witness elegantly enough that I shouldn't care? Haven't been able to test this thing out offline yet.

replace the gas block/front sight with a less poo poo one, no co-witness no problem.

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

took a week off from the game to play some dyson sphere program and on my first scav run last night got a slick out of the stash right next to railroad exit on interchange with less than 10 minutes left in the map

not sure what the game is trying to tell me

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Toalpaz posted:

replace the gas block/front sight with a less poo poo one, no co-witness no problem.
Is there anything available at LL1 for everyone but Prapor? I have the same issue with the M4 I've been stuffing mods onto.

The Clap
Sep 21, 2006

currently training to kill God

sudo rm -rf posted:

took a week off from the game to play some dyson sphere program and on my first scav run last night got a slick out of the stash right next to railroad exit on interchange with less than 10 minutes left in the map

not sure what the game is trying to tell me

It’s trying to tell you to put on the slick and get one-tapped in the face by Magnum buckshot by a scav 14 seconds after spawning. The circle of life.

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010

Shumagorath posted:

Is there anything available at LL1 for everyone but Prapor? I have the same issue with the M4 I've been stuffing mods onto.

MK12 is lvl1 Mechanic

https://escapefromtarkov.fandom.com/wiki/MK12_Low_Profile_Gas_Block

VVVVVV Ah right. Misread and thought you were talking about your M4. Looks like you need to change the barrel on that HK and those are not available until fleamarket/LVL 3 Mechanic.

Incoming Chinchilla fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Aug 23, 2021

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
FYI that does not fit a 416.

E: thanks for your correction. I have a pair of the Mk12 and the low-pro sights Mechanic sells which are oddly not compatible (I know the sight says in the description what it fits but I was hopeful). Of the two M4s I got with the game, I found a red dot that sits at the perfect height for one and the other is unmodded.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Aug 23, 2021

BaronOhShi
Jun 30, 2019
Was catching up on the thread and had a thought re: Flea market. Locking it behind quests, PvP or high levels isn't going to stop the subset of players who run class 6 armour with laser guns every raid. What if it was only open on a certain day of the week, or for a couple of days a fortnight/month. Chads can only stockpile so many kits when it isn't market day, rats have to weight up what they save in their stash for market vs dumping on the NPCs and your average players have more incentive to use the cool guns, ammo and armour they find, both because they need to clear space in their standard stashes and it's not as tempting to just put in on the market so they can afford that last flash drive they need for intel centre.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
The bartering metagame is pretty tiresome but I have to think flea market is locked behind levels to prevent botting and the emergence of ETJSP.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

BaronOhShi posted:

Was catching up on the thread and had a thought re: Flea market. Locking it behind quests, PvP or high levels isn't going to stop the subset of players who run class 6 armour with laser guns every raid. What if it was only open on a certain day of the week, or for a couple of days a fortnight/month. Chads can only stockpile so many kits when it isn't market day, rats have to weight up what they save in their stash for market vs dumping on the NPCs and your average players have more incentive to use the cool guns, ammo and armour they find, both because they need to clear space in their standard stashes and it's not as tempting to just put in on the market so they can afford that last flash drive they need for intel centre.

It would kill any incentive for people to play more raids if they are just going to have to wait for an arbitrary time to be online and buy gear. Why nerf features that are beneficial to the type of players that Nikita has said he's specifically designing the game for?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

it's not exactly the same thing you're talking about but my idea was that they should keep the lvl 20 but just drop it down to lvl 10 a month into the wipe just to benefit latecomers because drat it sucks for them as it is right now

BaronOhShi
Jun 30, 2019

Cage Kicker posted:

It would kill any incentive for people to play more raids if they are just going to have to wait for an arbitrary time to be online and buy gear. Why nerf features that are beneficial to the type of players that Nikita has said he's specifically designing the game for?

Ideally the game should be fun to play even if you aren't doing tacti-cool full-geared chad runs. I guess I imagine that when the vectors and mutant's dry up, the elite would have to grab a mosin and come play in the mud a bit, maybe even do a scav run, Save their gear for special runs or some poo poo.

Heck maybe it would even slow down cheaters, people can only gather so many graphics cards in a day before their stash is full.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Futaba Anzu posted:

it's not exactly the same thing you're talking about but my idea was that they should keep the lvl 20 but just drop it down to lvl 10 a month into the wipe just to benefit latecomers because drat it sucks for them as it is right now
I dunno, dude. I lose because I get outplayed. Last night I lost to a bolt-action 7.62 NATO because he knew his weapon's timing, and a shotgun with great positioning who pushed me into a scav. The guy with the Mass Effect gun couldn't kill me because he was too busy healing when he needed to press an advantage.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 43 hours!

BaronOhShi posted:

isnt the flea market also eventually supopsed to be a physical location like the traders. thatll probably fix it lol

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Stux posted:

isnt the flea market also eventually supopsed to be a physical location like the traders. thatll probably fix it lol

Looking forward to the major routes to the flea being camped by GPU bandits, skeletonizing poor rats in seconds before turning on each other.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
I’m really liking the flea market not opening till level 20.
I’m 18 right now and have level 2 traders (except mechanic) and I have decent gear available but still find better stuff in raids that feel special. I really feel like I’m in the sweet spot right now.

The only reason I want flea market is to get the odd barter item that I haven’t gotten randomly during scav runs.

I do think the level 2 traders should open a little earlier, it was a slog to get to 15 to start opening things up.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

At this point I just want the flea to offload all this random kruft I've been holding on to because I know it's worth a ton on there. Give me liquid assets!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Bussamove posted:

At this point I just want the flea to offload all this random kruft I've been holding on to because I know it's worth a ton on there. Give me liquid assets!

I have some bad news about those corrugated hoses.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
Someone imported Factory into Pavlov VR and it's honestly a great time running around inside it.

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010
Get rid of the flea altogether imo

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

Sugar has gone mental in the last two weeks though. I sold mine when it hit 30K :(

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Incoming Chinchilla posted:

Sugar has gone mental in the last two weeks though. I sold mine when it hit 30K :(

It should get to about 60k-70k

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

Lucky for me I still need hoses for a lot of stuff, but I did just hit 20 last night and offload a bunch of bolts/screw nuts for a decent chunk of roubles!

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I bought a second Lucky Scav box at level 9 and can't find duct tape to save my loving life despite running the tool boxes on Interchange. The whole barter system can go to hell; we already have three currencies.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Shumagorath posted:

I bought a second Lucky Scav box at level 9 and can't find duct tape to save my loving life despite running the tool boxes on Interchange. The whole barter system can go to hell; we already have three currencies.

file cabinets.
Scav run on Reserve a couple times you'll have all the duct tape and blue tape you could ask for.

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !
I want to like this game so much but I'm so dogshit at it
I keep hearing other people coming, laying an ambush and then just get rocked instantly before I can take a shot the moment the other guy comes into view, despite knowing full well where and when he's going to appear. I mean I know I would have lost the fight anyway, me naked with my SKS versus some chad with an MP7 (It's always MP7s for some reason) but still it's frustrating not even being able to even fire a shot.

concise
Aug 31, 2004

Ain't much to do
'round here.

They probably heard you shoulder your rifle to aim or fidget around getting into position.

The Perception skill increases your hearing distance, so megachads have magic hearing and the instincts to direct them exactly where you are if you make even the slightest noise.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Goddamn, loot has sucked all day

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Only the insane equates pain with success

BrotherJayne posted:

Goddamn, loot has sucked all day

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

concise posted:

They probably heard you shoulder your rifle to aim or fidget around getting into position.

The Perception skill increases your hearing distance, so megachads have magic hearing and the instincts to direct them exactly where you are if you make even the slightest noise.
Just shuffling in place near the Kiba alarm room got me triangulated last night.

Of course, the guy also had M993 and insta-gibbed me with a single headshot as he rounded the corner, and the guy who killed my friend was 100% aimbotting. Overall just a bad night.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

wonder if t his means more loot in ground stashes.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Bucnasti posted:

wonder if t his means more loot in ground stashes.

I've been finding higher value items at static spawns.

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style
So I’ve heard this game is pay to win. But it looks like money just gets you more/guaranteed storage and cheaper stores?
If i buy the cheapest version, would i be able to run around with basic AKs and shoot people? As far as I’m concerned 7.62x39 is god’s own caliber, so I would probably just “main” that. If i sell everything that isn’t 7.62x39, i could purchase 7.62 as needed?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 43 hours!
you can get everything in game. buying the more expensive versions starts you off with a bigger stash, which can be upgraded in game, and a bigger secure container, which can be upgraded in game. theres no impact on stuff like guns, ammo, armor, mods etc.

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010

IAmThatIs posted:

So I’ve heard this game is pay to win. But it looks like money just gets you more/guaranteed storage and cheaper stores?
If i buy the cheapest version, would i be able to run around with basic AKs and shoot people? As far as I’m concerned 7.62x39 is god’s own caliber, so I would probably just “main” that. If i sell everything that isn’t 7.62x39, i could purchase 7.62 as needed?

It won't really help you win a fight but the benefits of the higher priced versions will make your life easier. Stash space can be really tight early on and the increased container size means you should come out of most raids with something to help you in the hideout and will mean you almost never loose your expensive meds.

The increased trader reputation means that you would unlock better guns and ammo from them earlier. However, once you hit lvl. 20 you unlock the flea where you can buy anything you want but for a higher price.

Edit: I don't think it's worth anywhere near the higher price (disclaimer: I have the standard version)

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

IAmThatIs posted:

So I’ve heard this game is pay to win.
The more expensive editions start you off with more stuff in your inventory, but absolutely none of that will help you win alone. The only thing I would say gives a massive leg up is starting with a bigger strongbox (case for items that you can keep on death) as it helps you with most of the quests and not losing valuable medical supplies like surgery kits that can't be replaced early on. Stash space is also huge if you like to hoard for contingencies and the tedious bartering poo poo is greatly helped by extra cells, not to mention being able to survive a couple nights on tilt without having to buy budget builds or do dozens of scav runs.

quote:

But it looks like money just gets you more/guaranteed storage and cheaper stores?
The boost in trader rep is also nice for not having to grind out more quests to hit loyalty levels. Peacekeeper level 2 at player level 14 is game-changing if you've been stockpiling USD.

quote:

You can buy 7.62×39 PS gzh easily, but even class 4 (of 6) armor can take a surprising pounding from that. When you start out you probably won't have too many AKs with all their parts or in condition worth keeping, but you'll be pleased to know the SKS is an introductory weapon.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Sep 4, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Shumagorath posted:

Answered this myself: The front sight flips down automatically in-raid if you put an optic on. It must be bugged in the inventory as it's part of the gas block but otherwise not modelled as an inventory item...?

The Clap posted:

It’s trying to tell you to put on the slick and get one-tapped in the face by Magnum buckshot by a scav 14 seconds after spawning. The circle of life.
The Slick I found not far east from the other poster's location had the opposite effect: It stopped a full load of magnum buck that hit me square in the back and barely lost two points. Going to make sure I only take that thing out with the fully-encased helmet I found in the same raid.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Dec 29, 2021