Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I like the fishing. It's chill with a bit of challenge thrown in. Even though it's mechanically very different, it reminds me of fishing in Okami. I wish it wasn't so limited though and had actual uses beyond getting currency to buy stuff and being turned into the fish cooking item.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

How's the Honkai Impact manga?

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I think you can R5 The Catch in a few hours if you just hop to other worlds. There are like 3 spots in Inazuma you can do if all you want is to obtain and r5 the weapon and you can ignore everything else.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
R5ed The Catch. Would recommend for a Baal team. I have my 90 r5 Catch doing more dmg than my jadewing spear when I use her super.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

https://twitter.com/666qxie/status/1433036779586678787

That's with 4x C6 Raiden :ssh:

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

Raiden is pretty neat! I love the glowing eye and slash-through-reality motifs, and her echo attacks look especially cool when they are hitting alongside Albedo's gold flower bursts. I was going to aim for constellations after I got her weapon, but sadly I maxed out both Xiangling and Sucrose by the time I got there. Perhaps if there's another Raiden banner later with different 4 stars, I'll roll on that.

Mechanically, if I am going Zhongli-Albedo-Raiden, is there an especially good character to fill in the last slot? I just picked up a Diluc off the standard banner, but my Jean, Qiqi, Tartaglia and Venti are all much more developed.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Heran Bago posted:

How's the Honkai Impact manga?

From what I've seen of the Honkai Impact Prequel manga stuff I've been reading in chronological order of events pretty grim in all honesty, but interesting. I didn't realize this universe had quite such a long timeline nor that some characters have been around for a comparatively very long portion of it, but I suppose I shouldn't be surprised from Genshin Impact. The cast also seems as expected to be largely composed of deeply traumatized yet hot-blooded and resilient Valkyrie like waifu characters no matter what time period the story arc is taking place during though every so often there's a hot blooded manly dude. There's a reason I keep comparing it to Gunbuster and Bayonetta though. I'm also getting much more of an ensemble cast feel than I thought I would when I had initially figured Kiana Kaslana was supposed to be the de facto main character of the story and that it was largely about her. It really hasn't felt that way at all at least with the manga and visual novel stuff I've read so much as each character is the main character of their own particular arc and role in the overall chronology of events.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Mang Tomas posted:

Fishing is permanent and is just a grind at least. Had some fun with it. It’s a best in slot weapon for Xiangling too! The catch is just the best free to play burst dps weapon. It’s just gonna take weeks to get to R5 unfortunately.

Also is there a fishing specific event coming up?

Yes, probably around the Kokomi banner / the anniversary. They already showed off the event-reward fish claymore.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

BabyRyoga posted:

I think you can R5 The Catch in a few hours if you just hop to other worlds. There are like 3 spots in Inazuma you can do if all you want is to obtain and r5 the weapon and you can ignore everything else.

yep, thats what I did. Hop into a world of someone asking for help with X, go do X for them , then ask to steal their fish

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Yes, probably around the Kokomi banner / the anniversary. They already showed off the event-reward fish claymore.

At the anniversary? Perfect. That fish will pair well with the free 5 star 4chan promised.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

confusingly(?), the fish claymore is actually from the Moonchase event. the fishing event will give a special rod that gives the tension catch bonus regardless of which region you fish in.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Holy mother of god I keep forgetting there's a weapon refining system and haven't done that for anybody yet. It requires the same exact duplicate weapon to be sacrificed though right? As in if I wanted to refine my Ayaka's Black Sword I'd need another Black Sword?

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
c1 on Xiang, Noelle, Beidou, c2 on Kujou Sara.

Who/what should I build to have 2 teams for abyss at this point? And what single 5* character that has already been released should I save for a rerun of that fits in the best at c0 with this? I obv need Bennet and some constellations on 4*s that I will probably pull on when they are on banner. Not sure if I should try to get c4 with Xiangling when I already have Diluc.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Yes, aside from special event weapons where you trade currency for refine items.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

avoraciopoctules posted:

Raiden is pretty neat! I love the glowing eye and slash-through-reality motifs, and her echo attacks look especially cool when they are hitting alongside Albedo's gold flower bursts. I was going to aim for constellations after I got her weapon, but sadly I maxed out both Xiangling and Sucrose by the time I got there. Perhaps if there's another Raiden banner later with different 4 stars, I'll roll on that.

Mechanically, if I am going Zhongli-Albedo-Raiden, is there an especially good character to fill in the last slot? I just picked up a Diluc off the standard banner, but my Jean, Qiqi, Tartaglia and Venti are all much more developed.

Targaglia is probably a good choice. Lots of reactions and Raiden's burst should probably slot in really well during his stance cooldown downtime.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Kale posted:

Holy mother of god I keep forgetting there's a weapon refining system and haven't done that for anybody yet. It requires the same exact duplicate weapon to be sacrificed though right? As in if I wanted to refine my Ayaka's Black Sword I'd need another Black Sword?

Yeah it's not really much of a guaranteed progression system except for crafted weapons and 3*s. Otherwise it's just a random bonus from the gacha

e:

Mang Tomas posted:

At the anniversary? Perfect. That fish will pair well with the free 5 star 4chan promised.

The free 5star is Aloy who is a bow user...

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Sep 4, 2021

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Zwiebel posted:

I appreciate the threads dedicated Chongyun poster just occassionally baffling people with their short little videos.

That's all the validation I need :kiddo:

Regarding "everyone is usable". I agree that no one's unusably bad, but there's are lines to cross where a character becomes more frustrating to try making them work simply because they have so much working against them. Easy examples are cooldowns and energy costs.

Xinyan for whatever reason has 18 seconds on her E, which is twice as long as most skills. It's hardly a strong enough effect to be nearly as long as XQ's swords. Now imagine your favorite character had twice as long cooldown on their skill. Would it suddenly feel miserable to play them? It would certainly make Kazuha much less fun for me.

Qiqi, Barbara, and Noelle don't generate their own energy. Why is that? Imagine a new character being released that doesn't. Why are Bennett and Jean the only vanilla healers who get to generate energy (and a lot of it)? What if they had gotten the same treatment?

These are simple numbers things that easily impact the experience before even getting into mechanics.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

gandlethorpe posted:

That's all the validation I need :kiddo:

Regarding "everyone is usable". I agree that no one's unusably bad, but there's are lines to cross where a character becomes more frustrating to try making them work simply because they have so much working against them. Easy examples are cooldowns and energy costs.

Xinyan for whatever reason has 18 seconds on her E, which is twice as long as most skills. It's hardly a strong enough effect to be nearly as long as XQ's swords. Now imagine your favorite character had twice as long cooldown on their skill. Would it suddenly feel miserable to play them? It would certainly make Kazuha much less fun for me.

Qiqi, Barbara, and Noelle don't generate their own energy. Why is that? Imagine a new character being released that doesn't. Why are Bennett and Jean the only vanilla healers who get to generate energy (and a lot of it)? What if they had gotten the same treatment?

These are simple numbers things that easily impact the experience before even getting into mechanics.
Yeah. I mean ultimately "everyone is useful!!" is true, but some characters are more useful than others and that's a problem. I mean I'm not going and begging for buffs to every 5* release or something but simple things like "talents only scales off a single stat" or "can actually generate energy" or whatever aren't exactly huge asks here.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea xinyan's usable but she's not that fun. sayu's the gold standard and what they should be aiming for. she's prob the worst anemo character outside of the traveler, but at the same time her kit is super fun and not especially clunky (it'd be nice if you could roll off ledges tho)

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007
I agree they need to do a balance pass on the more unused characters.

And sell the changes as constellations of course.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Xinyan has been discussed at length plenty of times before but while she is "usable" her entire design is just not cohesive at all. Her shield scales on DEF but the entire rest of her kit is all about ATK. She's seemingly physical damage focused but because she's Pyro you have to dedicate 2 other party slots to Cryo + Electro to actually get the most out of her damage wise, and even then her level 3 shield will keep eating elemental procs from it's pulsing of pyro. Her C6 gives her some DEF scaling.... but only on her spin attack and not anything else.

So you can build her for DEF to make her shield halfway decent but it still has horrible uptime due to the cooldown on her skill and her damage will be non-existant. You can build her for ATK to do damage but then you are fighting an uphill battle to scale it due to wanting Superconduct and her shield being actively detrimental in setting that up.

Like.... yeah nobody is "unusable" but some characters are very clearly just not worth the massive uphill battle to do things with unless you just love the character enough to put up with it.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I mean xinyan gets a shield from bursting and wears sac perfectly, I had no idea her shield cooldown was as long as noelle’s cuz it’s available constantly. Her bit of frustration is not getting the pulse on every use.

I think there’s a lot of the game that isn’t perfect rotations and stats and there’s plenty of fun mashing all the toys together to make nonsense work. I have used Xinyan a whole lot.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Xinyan has been discussed at length plenty of times before but while she is "usable" her entire design is just not cohesive at all. Her shield scales on DEF but the entire rest of her kit is all about ATK. She's seemingly physical damage focused but because she's Pyro you have to dedicate 2 other party slots to Cryo + Electro to actually get the most out of her damage wise, and even then her level 3 shield will keep eating elemental procs from it's pulsing of pyro. Her C6 gives her some DEF scaling.... but only on her spin attack and not anything else.
I think it's mostly just the Pyro thing. Everything else you can kinda deal with, but having her physical damage shred tied to a pulsing pyro that screws up your superconducts is obnoxious.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Stupid Zhongli stealing the DEF bonus that should've gone in Millelith 2-piece for even more HP :argh:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Rpg needs fishing?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i do think Xinyan was obviously meant as a single-slot phys support, a role she actually does decently well at C4. the problem being her phys boosting/shred usually isn't much better than SC and is fully outpaced by it against enemies with high res where SC doesn't hit diminishing returns. she's got her other issues compounding this, but basically something like giving her better phys support numbers while reducing/removing the split scaling might be enough? the other complicating factor would be mihoyo is definitely just not doing enough to make her appealing, releasing a big phys carry in cryo and another minor phys support in cryo (idk does a C6 Rosaria really count for anything). hell, Diona released alongside her as one half of SC while also being a better shielder who has healing.

just a sad state for what could've an interesting branch in terms of teambuilding. maybe she eventually gets good partners...but in the meantime Thoma is dropping and at least taking the role of pyro shielder and probably non-Xiangling pyro applier.

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
lol, I dont get what people want out of this thread. new stuff comes out and people review/discuss it. it reminds me of the cp2077 thread (a much larger disaster). its people talking about the game, punctuated with others coming in and telling them to stop making GBS threads on it, which would kill the thread.

the fact is that raiden costs 100s of dollars. constellations and her weapons cost more. If I spent all that and she was doing less damage and providing less utility than almost any other team comp, I'd be pissed off about it. not only does wishing cost gems, but gearing her up takes tons of time and resin. all for a character that is arguably worse than 4*. I get that her design is cool (although I don't like where they went in the story in 2.1). Genshin is a team game, and as someone who has every 4* and I'd say about half the 5*, she doesn't fit into my teams. her e is useless compared to almost any other off field damage in the game, and her q takes way too long and provides too little utility.

like compare her q to venti: ventis does way more damage, cc, and refunds energy as well. what's funny is, if you whale out raiden and her q becomes good, she actually cant provide energy anymore if she kills all the enemies on the field. it would make much more sense if the energy was restored from the initial slash rather than the on field damage, which is piddly.

even with all these concerns I still rolled, because I wanted sarah and xiangling and maybe she'll be buffed and work in a future comp. I spent 55 wishes. however I didnt get her and dont feel that bad. Now kokomi looks like the worst 5* limited release yet (other than keqing maybe, lol) what's ironic is that kokomi would probably help me more, as I'm missing mona and would love to try the morgana comp. I dunno, we'll see when she gets released. up until sara was released I really thought there was no way mhy would do her so dirty, but I was wrong.

if they keep releasing underpowered characters (without constellations) and the 1.0 characters remain the best to use in all situations, I'll prob stop buying welkin as well. I enjoy the game, the moment to moment playing of it. I'm thankful that that's all free. but I don't see a reason to wish when these characters are so clunky.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I decided to pull on the weapon banner and pulled my credit card after I whiffed and got a Unforged. Well I accidentally pulled on the character banner and to my surprise I got Keqing'd. This was after losing the 50/50 with a QiQi, pulling the Shogun a pull afterwards. So I guess I'm sitting for a while till theres another 5* that I want.

Well now that I got this GS, is there any character that benefits more from it than WGS? I already have one leveled.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Sep 5, 2021

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Her kit's fine though. Electro's just a garbage element. If it weren't, her E's constant application would actually be appreciated and not something to work around.

Would she not be awesome as another element without changing anything else?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Raiden's burst does more damage than Venti's. The damage on Venti's burst is overstated it's only 80k to 90k max.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Mirello posted:

lol, I dont get what people want out of this thread. new stuff comes out and people review/discuss it. it reminds me of the cp2077 thread (a much larger disaster). its people talking about the game, punctuated with others coming in and telling them to stop making GBS threads on it, which would kill the thread.

I don't think anyone is saying you're not allowed to criticize Raiden, they just disagree with those criticisms. (I guess Kale might be saying that? Idk I've long since stopped reading their posts.)

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Venti isn't a great comparison considering his inability to battery geo, anemo, or more than a single element in his team. and that's assuming you get the proper element absorbed in his burst, since that can get hosed up and you're just out of luck. this is all capped at 15 when Shogun builds are restoring more energy than that as well.

he luckily has one of the best meta teams in the game, but otherwise i'd say his anti-melee synergy is some poo poo on par with how electro as an element functions as anti-synergy in teambuilding.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

something i thought was interesting is that replacing kazuha with raiden in the xiangling-bennett-XQ team ends up being a considerable damage increase against bosses (but not smaller enemies because of the overload procs.)

a lot of the teambuilding ive seen for raiden besides eula teams ends up being a bit overly math-y since it seems to involve a lot of "i can take less energy recharge because of this character" but i guess this is what you would expect from electro in this game. still pretty disappointed she couldn't just slot in as an obvious battery for beidou, though the floor continues to be open for them to release more electro characters that have 80+ bursts i suppose.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Venti's energy refund is so overrated. I just don't get it. You're restoring 15 energy to Venti and one, maybe two other characters in your party (if everything goes perfectly, and you'll very often swirl the wrong element), how is that comparable to restoring 27 energy to all four characters every time?

No Wave fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Sep 5, 2021

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

BabyRyoga posted:

c1 on Xiang, Noelle, Beidou, c2 on Kujou Sara.

Who/what should I build to have 2 teams for abyss at this point? And what single 5* character that has already been released should I save for a rerun of that fits in the best at c0 with this? I obv need Bennet and some constellations on 4*s that I will probably pull on when they are on banner. Not sure if I should try to get c4 with Xiangling when I already have Diluc.

This is a bit tricky because you have a number of very strong options but most of them kinda need Xingqiu and you can only have one of him.

My first instinct is a bog-standard taser team (Beidou, Raiden, Xingqiu, Sucrose) which sets up continual electro-charged reactions on enemies to Swirl them repeatedly with an EM-built Sucrose, and a kind of scuffed pyro team (Diluc, Xiangling, Barbara, Venti) which alternates between using Xiangling's pyronado and Barbara's hydro aura to juice Diluc. EDIT: C4 is very, very nice on Xiangling for this; it's one of the highest value 4* constellations in the game and Xiangling is a potent backpocket-carry+support on pyro teams because she combines high personal aoe damage with amplification for your other carry.

The strongest 5*s in the game are Zhongli and Kazuha right now (thank you for attending my TED talk; i will not be accepting questions at this time) but neither is likely to see a rerun anytime soon I think.

Reiterpallasch fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Sep 5, 2021

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i am really feeling the raise character burn as running the overworld with OL Yoimiya and doing 5NRRs is super fun but i still have support-only build on Bennett, basically unbuilt Beidou, and no talent levels on Yoimiya. spent the past two days mostly pushing Aloy up though since i want to A5 her "in case," but also need to keep Kokomi and Thoma (who both want high levels due to HP scaling) in mind...

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

gandlethorpe posted:

Her kit's fine though. Electro's just a garbage element. If it weren't, her E's constant application would actually be appreciated and not something to work around.

Would she not be awesome as another element without changing anything else?

That's why most people who talk specifically about her kit are dumb. Raiden as a hydro element instantly makes her probably #2 on universal support. Xinyan has a "kit" problem because of her cooldowns and whack-rear end scaling on random stats.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I decided to pull on the weapon banner and pulled my credit card after I whiffed and got a Unforged. Well I accidentally pulled on the character banner and to my surprise I got Keqing'd. This was after losing the 50/50 with a QiQi, pulling the Shogun a pull afterwards. So I guess I'm sitting for a while till theres another 5* that I want.

Well now that I got this GS, is there any character that benefits more from it than WGS? I already have one leveled.

It's a few % better than WGS for any WGS user if (and only if) you have a Zhongli in your party. Maybe Diona too.
Also better for Xinyan and Noelle but lmao at carry Xinyan and I think Noelle does better with whiteblind R5 or serpent spine.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
The main problem I've had with using Raiden is the artifact grind. Severed Fate is only domain I've run since it opened and I've put a good 60-65 runs into it. Out of the usable results I've rolled a total of +5.4% crit damage. Even with a godly off-set piece my crit ratio is 46/86.

At 80 with 6/8/8 skills and an 80 grasscutter I'm doing 30k (56k crit) on a fully charge burst, about 23k minimum. It just doesn't feel worth it to hold her burst, let alone alter my playstyle to serve charging it up.

The sheer time it takes to gear a new character with artifacts is daunting. The introduction of new best-in-slot sets makes it hard to carry old artifacts forward and cheapens their perceived worth.

It didn't used to feel this hard gearing up a character and it sure didn't feel like I tossed as many HP/DEF ones as I do now. Maybe it was from saving a jillion fragile resin for 5* artifacts. But regardless right now the effort to bring a new character who requires a newly-released artifact set to anything close to a level playing field is just plain ludicrous.

I wouldn't want great artifacts to be easier to get but it sure would be nice if just reasonable ones didn't take so much to get. I feel like there's probably a way to adjust that curve without diluting the value of the ones people have worked hard to farm already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
I mean, yes, but also that's kind of a weird discussion to have when you don't get to pick her element.