Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

s-so-sooner th-

ya whatever fauci im getting it now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

euphronius posted:

I mentioned before but watching football was bizarre and crack ping today

like 1 in 100,000 masks. tv didn’t mention covid at all

911 got more mentions !!! 911 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never forget our brave boys in Benghazi. Sold out by Crooked Hillary.

RIP Vilerat

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

yeah dumbass, you just go to the grocery store

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Atrocious Joe posted:

the Astrazenca vaccine was also the one Bill Gates convinced Oxford not to make public domain
https://khn.org/news/rather-than-give-away-its-covid-vaccine-oxford-makes-a-deal-with-drugmaker/

The Gates Foundation global MMR trial is supposed to be releasing its Phase III data in November, but I wonder if Bill got greedy and memory holed it because he can't make bank off MMR shots:

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04333732

quote:

CROWN CORONATION is an international, Bayesian platform adaptive, randomized, placebo-controlled trial assessing the effectiveness of candidate interventions in preventing COVID-19 disease in adults.

quote:

Study Type : Interventional (Clinical Trial)
Actual Enrollment : 3545 participants
Allocation: Randomized
Intervention Model: Parallel Assignment
Intervention Model Description: An international, multi-site, randomized, placebo-controlled, Bayesian platform clinical trial. Initially there will be 2 arms, but we anticipate adding intervention arms to the platform. Combining interventions, allowing assessment of potential interactions, will be considered when arms are added.
Masking: Double (Participant, Investigator)
Masking Description: For the MR or MMR vaccine, there will be a placebo vaccine. Attempts will be made to maintain masking for other interventions (e.g. oral tablets) added to the platform by including suitable placebo options.
Primary Purpose: Prevention
Official Title: An International, Multi-site, Bayesian Platform Adaptive, Randomized, Placebo-controlled Trial Assessing the Effectiveness of Candidate Agents in Mitigating COVID-19 Disease in Adults
Actual Study Start Date : September 4, 2020
Estimated Primary Completion Date : August 2021
Estimated Study Completion Date : November 2021

We will see

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

is there any way ivermectin helps at all

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Computer, show me the worst county in SC right now ..

Pfft, they've still got a good chunk of the year before everywhere pozzes. :sad:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

euphronius posted:

you curious? :twisted:

you dare seek out the knowledge of ivermectin? :twisted:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

euphronius posted:

with a US healthcare system and water/sewage system collapse, antiparasitics are probably useful to have on hand

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

euphronius posted:

if you are a test tube, it will stop SARS-CoV2 from replicating in you at levels that would be immediately fatal to a human

other than that, no

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
The word "endemic" means that a disease too cool to stop, and politicians should surrender to a tsunami of death and destruction washing over the country. Endemic diseases are notable for causing the economy to collapse, killing millions of people a year, and having easily available prevention measures that people choose not to use.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lastgirl posted:

you curious? :twisted:

you dare seek out the knowledge of ivermectin? :twisted:

lol no just wondering

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
of course endemic is how pandemics end, it says it in the name

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Nocturtle posted:

Dunno, they already seem used to warehousing refugees in offshore concentration camps (Boer war style, to be charitable). Maybe when a population has already been conditioned to accept the pointless suffering of foreigners it's not too much of a stretch to become used to it happening to fellow citizens.

That's not how tribalism works. People who look/sound like you are important.

Unfortunately I am an outsider myself though who can't even get vaccination proof let alone Medicare.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Got me thinking that if you put 200 people in a room and said you were going to shoot one, they'd panic, but then I remembered The Lottery and how everyone was pretty happy at the start even though they all had the same chance of being the one to die.

New Found Power
Aug 18, 2005

As in atom bomb... As in nuclear fission.. As in the end of the world.

Ex-wife. :eng101:

Divorced in 2020, apparently. I wonder what might have driven them apart...?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Epic High Five posted:

oh the door is open? but I'm not allowed to walk through it? okay thanks

you are allowed into the club if your name is Max

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
seems to me that the die has been cast. we members of the western world have capitulated to the rona and acquiesced to it becoming endemic and everyone catching rona over time. its ogre. drop the few remaining restrictions, throw your respirators in the trash and move on. resume pre-pandemic lifestyle in all facets. sucks.

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

Zeroisanumber posted:

Just had a really nice, long scream.

Scared my cat, so I gave him snax.

show us the cat

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

SplitSoul posted:

Once again I'm not sure what's going on here. We had 438 PCR positives today, positivity rate of 0,83%. I'd expect a higher rate if it was just due to undertesting. 72% are fully vaxxed, but literally no-one wears a mask anymore, everything is open including schools and all NPI have been scrapped. Is it just down to the vast majority getting vaxxed between May and July preventing infections? Calm before the storm? Hospitalisations have doubled in the past month, but infections remained stable for weeks.

The restrictions mandating a corona passport stopped for a number of different things starting September 1st, things like: indoor dining, fitness, large +500 events etc. I suspect a lot of people only got tested because of the passport requirement.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

mod sassinator posted:

that was me yesterday but evergreens right below tree line instead of palm trees on a beach lol

hammock and tarp--highly recommended for when society falls apart further and we have to go live in the woods

Sorry if the covid doesn't get you the forest fires will.

None of you are free from doom.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

euphronius posted:

I mentioned before but watching football was bizarre and crack ping today

like 1 in 100,000 masks. tv didn’t mention covid at all

911 got more mentions !!! 911 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

9/11? that's how many people are dying of covid every single day!

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Since everyone has given up on COVID, like they did with infrastructure, poverty, race relations, and climate change - how long do we have before everyone 80+ is dead and our kids are so indundated with long covid that our society ceases to function?

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Pillowpants posted:

Since everyone has given up on COVID, like they did with infrastructure, poverty, race relations, and climate change - how long do we have before everyone 80+ is dead and our kids are so indundated with long covid that our society ceases to function?

like a year

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

This mix tape sucks.

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

it's still summer

a summer of fun

https://youtu.be/ZAJnFfzpAck

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

Beaglerush: "Oh shoot guys my game crashed I better reload my save..."

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
lets replace this pandemic with a fundemic

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
Less pandemics, more pansexuals

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
So honest question, is there some technical definition of "endemic" that I'm not aware of?

Because if you have a disease that's endemic to the whole world and in a state of constant outbreaks how is that not actually just a pandemic

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lol I didn't know they're literally standing in front of the American Institute for Economic Research think-tank headquarters

https://www.aier.org/

Also saw this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Institute_for_Economic_Research

quote:

Funding

AIER owns American Investment Services Inc., an investment advisory firm whose private fund was valued at around $285 million in 2020. The fund includes holdings in a wide range of companies, but holds a majority of its assets in diversified exchange-traded funds and gold investments. In 2020, about 14% of its investments were in information technology and telecom companies including Microsoft and Alphabet Inc., about 6% in electric and gas utilities, 5% in fossil fuel companies including Chevron and ExxonMobil, and 2% in food, alcohol, and tobacco stocks, including Mondelez International and Philip Morris International.

Over half of AIER's funding comes from its investments, but it also receives contributions and foundation grants. In 2018 it reportedly received US$68,100 from the Charles Koch Foundation, approximately 3% of AIER's revenue for the year. It has partnered with Emergent Order, a public relations company also funded by the Charles Koch Foundation.

In 2019 the American Institute for Economic Research had total assets of $184,901,564.

Jesus christ

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord

Petey posted:

MIT has been running a lab to test imported N95s/KN95s for the state to see which ones actually live up to their claims

https://news.mit.edu/2020/testing-kn95-respirators-rutledge-health-0430
https://news.mit.edu/2020/massachusetts-emergency-response-ppe-0609
https://news.mit.edu/2020/mit-lincoln-laboratory-tests-verify-if-uncertified-n95-masks-are-effective-0513https://affoa.org/covid-19/

i wrote to the prof running the testing about (of course) airpops. here's something he wrote back:

sharing for the insight re: electrostatic filtration mechanisms. their lab is a few buildings over from my office so i dropped off some airpops the other day for testing.

they've also released results for all their tests of various KN95 masks (including some thread favorites like powecoms) here: https://www.mass.gov/doc/kn95-respirator-test-results/download. see more here: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/ppe-testing-and-vaccine-supply-resources-during-covid-19

lol counterfeit ppe :mediocre:

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I’m so pissed right now. The anti maskers in my town are following around school board members and taking pictures of them if they take a mask off for any reason and then shaming them online

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

etalian posted:

lmao how the US Media is running a booster shot "shame / Wait for the science" campaign despite the vast pre-clinical date from Israel for
what happens if you don't booster shot the vaccinated populated.

They're deliberately attempting to kill us op lol

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Paradoxish posted:

So honest question, is there some technical definition of "endemic" that I'm not aware of?

Because if you have a disease that's endemic to the whole world and in a state of constant outbreaks how is that not actually just a pandemic

yeah the technical definition is "we don't have to do anything about it"

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
Take your booster shot now, don't allow the wealthy and the media to gaslight you into not doing it or feeling bad about doing it. Protecting yourself and your loved ones and anyone you interact with is just and right action.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
endemic is being used in an entirely new way right now

Stereotype posted:

i just realized that the word "endemic" means opposite things when referring to animals and plants and when referring to a disease.

in plants and animals it is analogous to "native." it refers to things that have been in that area for a very long time and were not artificially introduced there by humans. We don't call invasive species endemic just because they are super great at living in a specific area and take over, we call them invasive.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

ram dass in hell posted:

Take your booster shot now, don't allow the wealthy and the media to gaslight you into not doing it or feeling bad about doing it. Protecting yourself and your loved ones and anyone you interact with is just and right action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Is there anyone authoritative or well-respected that is all-out guns blazing in journals and media and whatever else against these three and their bullshit declaration?

All three of them are simply repugnant creatures goading people to get busy dying.

Edit: hey sweet, av updated. Rubby rules.