Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

Zisky posted:

Has anyone actually died from the horsey paste?

I’m not sure about death but I know some have went blind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
people using the word endemic more and more and making the endemic of endemic become a epidemic which then no longer can use the word endemic since it is now an epidemic and the epidemic of the endemic goes full pandemic and that's how you end up with learning to live with it quit saying it's endemic because you're making it a epidemic of a pandemic that shouldn't have to be endemic if the pandemic wasn't even an epidemic, no less endemic

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

We did it, y'all. Covid is over

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

AppleNippleBOB posted:

We did it, y'all. Covid is over

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

just wanted me to name a diagnosed thing, didn't ask for proof

Ah. Yeah I was ready for that the second time I tried, was gonna say arthritis and the name of a med

You can always just say aids

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

What is the brain fog equivalent of covid caused erectile dysfunction?

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Ice Phisherman posted:

It's like how people are saying "brain fog" instead of brain damage.

Your brain! It's foggy! Forever! Can't think! It's just fog though!

cdc fact check does not say covid causes brain damage, try trusting science sometime yo u fat hick republican

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

https://twitter.com/CorieWhalen/status/1432410701906198533?s=20

https://twitter.com/CorieWhalen/status/1432411396470460430?s=20

seek therapy

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

rt4 posted:

cdc fact check does not say covid causes brain damage, try trusting science sometime yo u fat hick republican

:bahgawd:

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

mastershakeman posted:

Ah. Yeah I was ready for that the second time I tried, was gonna say arthritis and the name of a med

You can always just say aids

yeah, just caught me off guard and i didnt have anything to name :shrug:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Ice Phisherman posted:

Dick fog

or covid dick, like whiskey dick

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

i was talking with someone today, i've known him and his gf/wife casually for like 8 years. they had a kid a few years ago. his wife is a nurse of some sort, i think physical therapy.

he was talking about how at the start of the pandemic, he was trying to be a little cautious about stuff, but she was not going to stop going out. she would tell him that she was going to the bar and he could either come with her or not. she dealt with covid all day at work and didn't want to think about it after work. so they'd go out to places because she couldn't stop going out to dinner, bars, and events.

she died of covid 3 months ago.

now he's raising their 3 year old son by himself. and talking about the california recall and covid, he's still on the OPEN ER UP plan because there's too much mental stress from staying home and people need to work at restaurants to pay rent. then he talked about what she went through with going on a vent, off a vent, and back on a vent before dying. organ failure cascades, bleeding out from all from various places all over her body. she knew it was bad and was telling him so before she was vented.

I feel sad they went through this. its really loving lovely that their kid lost his mom because she had to go loving party, and because she was given those a chance to go to those places. he was giving himself some comfort by saying he's glad they kept spending time together for 18 months instead of staying home. he also didn't seem to care when i mentioned that i've been doing stuff with my gf that doesn't involve getting blasted with covid while unmasked, but oh well.

i didn't ask, but considering her political views were pretty conservative while mostly voting blue, her actions, and that she was a very casually racist minority, i'm assuming she wasn't vaxxed.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

WampaLord posted:

Dick fog

Some sort of weather pattern around a dick.

No boners in the seven day forecast.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Lastgirl posted:

people using the word endemic more and more and making the endemic of endemic become a epidemic which then no longer can use the word endemic since it is now an epidemic and the epidemic of the endemic goes full pandemic and that's how you end up with learning to live with it quit saying it's endemic because you're making it a epidemic of a pandemic that shouldn't have to be endemic if the pandemic wasn't even an epidemic, no less endemic

fuckin couldn't say it better myself really

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Pissed that I need to go back to work tomorrow for "I understand why you want to stay out of the office but we are running a business".

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

jetz0r posted:

she died of covid 3 months ago.

good

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

i've been diagnosed with titer deficiency

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WampaLord posted:

Dick fog

Cloudy with a Chance of Skeetballs

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

WampaLord posted:

Dick fog

hog fog

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

:hmmyes:

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Ice Phisherman posted:

It's like how people are saying "brain fog" instead of brain damage.

Your brain! It's foggy! Forever! Can't think! It's just fog though!

fog has the possibility of clearing

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cummed N' Fog

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

jetz0r posted:

he was giving himself some comfort by saying he's glad they kept spending time together for 18 months instead of staying home. he also didn't seem to care when i mentioned that i've been doing stuff with my gf that doesn't involve getting blasted with covid while unmasked, but oh well.

i remember in july 2020 when we were talking about how covid would have to individually hit people and their families for people to start taking it seriously

and how instead it's going to be retroactive justification and doubling down so people don't have to deal with the thought that they're directly or indirectly responsible for killing their families

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

hope youre well whatever youre up to facetoucher cat

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

Lovelyn posted:

show us the cat

i adopted a covid kitten

he is a massive piece of poo poo

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

I don't understand this tactic. Just tell them it's your first shot and No you're not going to provide your personal information because you don't want to be tracked and your family is antivaxx

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

Lol all the local hospitals are full and the chud county I work in (voted 70% Trump) is having some big local festival with parades and carnival rides. Apparently its loving packed too.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Ice Phisherman posted:

dick sog

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Booster update, 6 hours in:

My arm is sore af and my balls are itchy but maybe one of those is unrelated to the shot. About this time after my 2nd shot back in February I started feeling like a cold/light flu was coming on but I don’t feel That yet.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
Oh cool they found Mu in my county.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Stereotype posted:

people using "endemic" is just a perfect example of doublespeak. it glazes over what that word actually means and uses it as a disguise that you can use to support whatever you want. when someone says "it's endemic you just have to go out and live your life" there is no correlation between the word "endemic" and "you have to go out and live your life." in fact the truthful meaning of the word; that a regular and prevalent deadly disease that is causing massive waves of incapacitated, hospitalized, and dead people; would seemingly be understood as bad and demand dramatic action. but you don't say that definition, you say endemic, and then it can mean whatever you want.

it’s the new normal

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
the new nermal sucks

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

respirator reaper shirt, except it's tropical sunset colors and says covid is over in the scrolls, with the respirator manifesto in a nice happy font. maximize the contradiction between the aesthetic and the content.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Nocturtle posted:

Man. When were you vaccinated? Seriously reconsidering waiting for boosters to become official.

GET YOUR loving BOOSTER.

DO NOT WAIT.

GET YOUR BOOSTER ASAP.

DO WHATEVER YOU NEED TO DO TO GET A loving BOOSTER

EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU, GO GET A BOOSTER.

assuming you're in the US

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Paradoxish posted:

So honest question, is there some technical definition of "endemic" that I'm not aware of?

Because if you have a disease that's endemic to the whole world and in a state of constant outbreaks how is that not actually just a pandemic

"Endemic" just means that a disease has reached a point of periodic stability where it fluctuates on a relatively predictable schedule and is mostly ever-present in a particular area. Colds and seasonal influenza are endemic but still work through seasonal outbreaks and infect pretty much everyone over the course of several years. Right now MSM and twitter randos are abusing "endemic" to mean "won't go away" (and usually follow up with "therefore we should stop bothering with NPIs", which is ridiculous in it's own right), but COVID definitely has not reached a point of endemic cycles and genetic variation/ecosystem yet and probably won't for years to come. There's definitely a lot a grey area between "endemic" and "epidemic", but COVID is still a clear-cut epidemic.

E: "pandemic" refers to the epidemic phase where a novel infectious agent is still working it's way through naive populations and hasn't reached a point of stable outbreak cycles or final variant ecosystems.

EFB with a much better explanation :argh:

Stickman fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Sep 5, 2021

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

Lastgirl posted:

folks, this is how you follow the science

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Rubby posted:

i adopted a covid kitten

he is a massive piece of poo poo

he's a massive piece of adorable poo poo
what'd you name him? Max Titers the Third?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I got a text message from COVAXVIC this morning asking me to fill in a 6 week followup questionnaire, all they wanted to know is if I'd had any serious side effects and whether I'd caught covid with a footnote saying "If you report a reaction you may be contacted for more details". Good to know that the state gov is at least following up on this stuff