Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

wake up, sheeple

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Brady, like the GOAT he is, understands that clinical studies appear to point towards the conclusion that having a prior Covid infection and then getting vaccinated afterwards is the best combination for avoiding any reinfection that might interfere with the upcoming season.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

R.D. Mangles posted:

wake up, sheeple

i'm with you mr. mangles. touchdown tom spent his entire patriots career being listed as Probable with a sore shoulder and now he shows up as Probably [Vaxxed] with a sore shoulder, and everyone just eats it up like it's the truth?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Random question, what Super Bowl had the most bad blood between the two teams? Usually there isn't any because it's AFC vs NFC and there aren't a lot of cross-conference blood feuds.

Super Bowl 49 ended in a brawl, so there's that I guess, but I feel like I'm forgetting something obvious.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/jamesproche3/status/1434261297500233731

This is the dumbest league

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

lol let's fine a guy who is a 6th rounder in his second year in the NFL because he celebrated a TD in the preseason

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing

Penisaurus Sex posted:

I'd like someone to ask him what the pro of being unvaccinated is.

His cum will be worth millions in the future (a thing some people actually believe)

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Mystic Stylez posted:

lol let's fine a guy who is a 6th rounder in his second year in the NFL because he celebrated a TD in the preseason
LOL yeah, they’re such cowards. Fine the sixth-rounder who maybe can’t even afford the fine yet for the crime of celebrating a TD in the NFL preseason.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

A sixth rounder makes around 650k.

Imagine losing 1percent of your yearly salary for celebrating your positive work performance.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Some vet teammate ought to just write him a check.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
every player should do Marshawn Lynch press conferences until they change that rule

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

sean10mm posted:

Random question, what Super Bowl had the most bad blood between the two teams? Usually there isn't any because it's AFC vs NFC and there aren't a lot of cross-conference blood feuds.

Super Bowl 49 ended in a brawl, so there's that I guess, but I feel like I'm forgetting something obvious.

The Bucs fans tried hard with the Chiefs even though we've never cared nor will ever care about the Bucs.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

sean10mm posted:

Stops right before SB51 lol, called it.

*Should have said Falcons vs Packers tho

The Saints Super Bowl being on the wing made this entire episode worth it.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Steelers/Cowboys is a Super Bowl rivalry.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

50 years ago maybe

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

the chicago cardinals/kansas city cowboys is a rivalry

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

sean10mm posted:

Steelers/Cards of all matchups got heated in game at least, but that's mostly because James Harrison is an insane person.

I would imagine the Bills didn't like the Cowboys back in the 90s, but I don't remember any fights or anything. And the Cowboys didn't have to care really.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

kiimo posted:

The Bucs fans tried hard with the Chiefs even though we've never cared nor will ever care about the Bucs.

Lol what? It was the complete opposite of that. Bucs obliterated the Chiefs but like there was no real feud. I've seen a few bitter chiefs fans pop up on the Bucs feed but that's about it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

wandler20 posted:

Lol what? It was the complete opposite of that. Bucs obliterated the Chiefs but like there was no real feud. I've seen a few bitter chiefs fans pop up on the Bucs feed but that's about it.

Different feeds at work here is what's going on I'd imagine. No one other than the truly depraved homer fans care too much one way or the other with this.

But they're the loud ones that you notice.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Sep 5, 2021

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I could see a 49ers and Raiders SB maybe getting interesting but outside of that there is not enough repeated contact to get real animosity going. Conference Championship games seem like you are much more likely to get heated games.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Steelers/Cowboys is a Super Bowl rivalry.

I promise you it is not, the only people who still care about this "rivarly" still follow their local HS football team

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
Second Giants/Pats should have had bad blood, if both teams weren't boring.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

a conference third place game would be more pissy than any super bowl

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

sean10mm posted:

A Giants Jets Super Bowl would theoretically be pretty spicy but my brain refuses to seriously entertain the thought.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Raiders 9ers woulda been ugly in the stands.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
That's why a short term divisional realignment might be fun. Look at the NHL. Because of covid they put all the Canadian teams in one division. So in the NHL finals you ended up having the Montreal Canadiens vs the Tampa Bay Lightning two teams usually in the same(I had originally wrote different sorry!) conference. Imagine if something like that happened in football then you could have the Ravens vs the Titans in the Superbowl. I always like seeing things like realignments because they can allow things like this.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Sep 5, 2021

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Hunt11 posted:

I could see a 49ers and Raiders SB maybe getting interesting but outside of that there is not enough repeated contact to get real animosity going. Conference Championship games seem like you are much more likely to get heated games.

The 49ers Seahawks NFCCG was more heated than any SB I remember

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

what if the Browns faced the Bears. or the Chargers faced the Giants. or the Rams faced the Dolphins.

edit: what if the Colts faced the Packers.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Put the scum cardinals back in the nfc east Goodell you loving coward

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Cavauro posted:

what if the Browns faced the Bears. or the Chargers faced the Giants. or the Rams faced the Dolphins.

edit: what if the Colts faced the Packers.

What if Leicester City played the RoughRiders? See I can make fantasy scenarios too.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
What if the 2021 Packers played the 1921 Packers in the Super Bowl? Do you think the 1921 Packers would be proud of the 2021 Packers for maintaining their legacy, or ashamed over the field goal in the NFCCG?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
What if the 2001 Patriots played the 2020 Bucs?

HOW WOULD I NOT COUNT OUT TOUCHDOWN TOM AT SOME POINT???

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

boop the snoot posted:

What if the 2001 Patriots played the 2020 Bucs?

HOW WOULD I NOT COUNT OUT TOUCHDOWN TOM AT SOME POINT???

What rules is the game being played under? 2001 rules in which you could kill the QB, or 2020 rules in which Brady constantly begs for a Roughing the passer because a defensive player's pinky glanced his face mask.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
The 01 pats had significantly stiffer competition.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
having a sensible chuckle over the chargers trading away michael vick because spanos didn't want to pay him #1 overall money.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Asproigerosis posted:

having a sensible chuckle over the chargers trading away michael vick because spanos didn't want to pay him #1 overall money.

In hindsight it was still, somehow, the wrong move.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Asproigerosis posted:

It's hard to say that they lost this trade.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

sean10mm posted:

I feel like Steelers/Eagles would probably be a heated one, especially in the stands lmao

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Sour Diesel posted:

50 years ago maybe

50 years ago is the last time the steelers won in the rivalry, but the most recent matchup was 25 years ago and the cowboys currently hold the win in the rivalry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
have any other two teams played each other 4 times or more in the superbowl?