Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Hey space-friends, could someone kindly point me to the rough date when the siege "ended", or the rough beginning of the papi-collapse?
I'm bored and would love to read up on this thread from that point on.

Much obliged :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
I’m really impressed by some of these wartime awoxing stories. What the gently caress did you all do lol

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
specifically delta squad at the moment

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

TheWeedNumber posted:

I’m really impressed by some of these wartime awoxing stories. What the gently caress did you all do lol

:iiam:

CheechLizard
Jul 1, 2000

It stays at 50%, goy!

OAquinas posted:

I mean, I've been on a few krabswarm fleets where the discussion kinda got chud-adjacent w/r/t politics from the FC, but otherwise they've been pretty chill. Haven't done them lately but I've been meaning to start back up (chadquals are expensive, yo)

krabswarm isk is great but taking an hour to form a fleet is dumb as loving poo poo and the only saving grace is you can use that hour to mute the dumbest of the krab brains.
They also come up with idiot ideas like trying to form a personal army during a war.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Hey space-friends, could someone kindly point me to the rough date when the siege "ended", or the rough beginning of the papi-collapse?

Late July (FINAL PUSH!) / early August (RUN FOR THE HILLS!)

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

CheechLizard posted:

krabswarm isk is great but taking an hour to form a fleet is dumb as loving poo poo and the only saving grace is you can use that hour to mute the dumbest of the krab brains.
They also come up with idiot ideas like trying to form a personal army during a war.

I just wanna know who disrespected Slavbak 'My "My Dudes" Dudes' Baal, so I can shoot blues.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

saying it more like a statement than a question

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
papi dumb as gently caress

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

The collapse started on the evening of August 2nd, when during the ~final push~ PGL gave the order to unanchor keepstars. The big announcement was on July 24th, followed by a week of moveops and probing attack on Friday, that got derailed by a friendly Nyx (I believe it was Xtra_Squishy) warping into the gate-bubbles, dangling a shiny object in front of papi which they could not resist (Nyx survived ofc).

As for KRABSWARM - it's nice isk but the amount of krab brain is really hard to stomach.

GaussianCopula fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Sep 5, 2021

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

GaussianCopula posted:

The collapse started on the evening of August 2nd, when during the ~final push~ PGL gave the order to unanchor keepstars. The big announcement was on July 24th, followed by a week of moveops and probing attack on Friday, that got derailed by a friendly Nyx (I believe it was Xtra_Squishy) warping into the gate-bubbles, dangling a shiny object in front of papi which they could not resist (Nyx survived ofc).

As for KRABSWARM - it's nice isk but the amount of krab brain is really hard to stomach.

ayy lmao

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe

Xolve posted:

I don't think there was really accurate and timely information they could have had, even if they were in the appropriate channels.

Trash Talk Tuesday was a pretty good stomping ground to troll mid-level PAPI FC's into making statements about 'what they're gonna do this week', only to have that not really work out how they wanted- to which, instead of taking any personal ownership for the failure to act, they'd just blame it on adhoc decentralized leadership. How they were so loving confident that they were going to win, I'll never understand.

How can 150,000 characters not win against a force a third of that, consisting mostly of krabs that will desert once PAPI reaches Delve? Imperium only has what, two, maybe three good FCs?

Once that dream didn't quite work out, what else are they going to do? They hate each other - more than they hate goons in some cases. I'm surprised that the infighting didn't start the downtime after the PAPI keepstars started unanchoring on the 2nd August.

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

GaussianCopula posted:

It was not squishy. It was a UKC character by the name of Dai inafire. He whored the most kills that fight and was surprising calm in corp chat as it happened

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
If anything I was less calm than he was - until i realised he was 100% not gonna die because they were cowards who weren't going to commit to killing him and then my stress level dropped massively

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

i think it's clear to all but the most partisan observers that the ultimate failure of papi can be laid squarely at the feet of pgl and vily

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Hexel posted:

i think it's clear to all but the most partisan observers that the ultimate failure of papi can be laid squarely at the feet of pgl and vily

No, pgl cannot fail, he can only *be* failed

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

umm server cap.... ummm tidi.... ummm 2 loving sabres

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Did papi actually manage to properly unancher and scoop any of their keepstars or other expensive poo poo or did goons manage to prevent all of them?

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

The Locator posted:

Did papi actually manage to properly unancher and scoop any of their keepstars or other expensive poo poo it did goons manage to prevent all of them?

They managed to get some of them unanchored :haw:

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

The Locator posted:

Did papi actually manage to properly unancher and scoop any of their keepstars or other expensive poo poo or did goons manage to prevent all of them?
They managed to get some cores from destroyed structures because goons can't tackle.

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast

The Locator posted:

It's hard to scoop stuff when your cover runs away.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

CopperHound posted:

They managed to get some cores from destroyed structures because goons can't tackle.

Isn't the undock with a rorq thing uncounterable if done right?

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

Sickening posted:

Isn't the undock with a rorq thing uncounterable if done right?

Suicide bubbles before the pop can still counter that.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

you guys hear about this xenuria character

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

If only we had some kind of no foot fetishists rule. That would solve so many loving problems.

I don't and will never -get- the foot fetish. There is nothing even remotely sexual about feet, especially big, musky, smelly ones that might taste good.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

It's a brain wiring thing. The area of the brain the thinks about "sex" is right next to the same area of the brain that thinks about "feet" and sometimes these pathways cross.

Since we already play EVE Online, shouldn't we be more normalized towards brain damage?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Rudeboy Detective posted:

If only we had some kind of no foot fetishists rule. That would solve so many loving problems.

I don't and will never -get- the foot fetish. There is nothing even remotely sexual about feet, especially big, musky, smelly ones that might taste good.

uhhh mods?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

so uh you know how dunk dinkle just posted that woe is me, nobody would tell brave what was going on

turns out that his idiot military director was in the top papi channel and just didn't bother to tell dunk, or to tell dunk the whole final battle thing was a scam while dunk was personally spending 200b on ships for it

and that is the much smaller of the two utterly hilarious things that just got leaked

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.

evilweasel posted:

so uh you know how dunk dinkle just posted that woe is me, nobody would tell brave what was going on

turns out that his idiot military director was in the top papi channel and just didn't bother to tell dunk, or to tell dunk the whole final battle thing was a scam while dunk was personally spending 200b on ships for it

and that is the much smaller of the two utterly hilarious things that just got leaked

didnt bother, or deliberately chose not to?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Mr. Grinch posted:

didnt bother, or deliberately chose not to?

i mean im sure he deliberately kept dunk in the dark

iirc shattered armer was also the one who decided to have brave pay 12b/month for access to our pings, and im pretty sure he didn't tell anyone else about that either, based on those logs

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

i am choosing not to tell people the funniest part of the new leak because it's just so unbelievably funny that i don't want to spoil it, you gotta read the logs for the full experience

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

evilweasel posted:

evilweasel posted:

i mean im sure he deliberately kept dunk in the dark

iirc shattered armer was also the one who decided to have brave pay 12b/month for access to our pings, and im pretty sure he didn't tell anyone else about that either, based on those logs

wow they’re bad with decision making on both the financial and the strategic. drat

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

the leaked command logs in question: https://pastebin.com/J1GdtisD

for those that don't want to go on the kiddie diddler site

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

This poo poo reads like the casting call of the usual suspects

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.
wait what are the second leaks Weaslior, I only see this command chat pastebin

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Mr. Grinch posted:

wait what are the second leaks Weaslior, I only see this command chat pastebin

there were brave director leaks a while back, i don't have the link handy but dunk references them in his woe is me writeup

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Who am I gonna get to kill goon? Let’s see *flips through rolodex* a Vince, a hedliner, a progod, a killah bee. Lol just lol the enemy always stays the same

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Hexel posted:

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I did not think it through

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
when it comes down to it, all brave's problems could have been solved with open corpmails