Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's also very funny that the DS version got localized and yet the game is literally incomprehensible if you have not played The Silver Case, which did not get localized until nearly a decade later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

GuP is overall genuinely the best sports anime and comedy anime in like a decade and change.

ping pong

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
TSA has probably the strongest soundtrack in the nmh series tbh.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Azran posted:

Hey Verbal Enema, your av made me watch GJ Bu and it's pretty cute, thanks

:3:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYDsJ4XByYo

N Vitral presents BOMBSQUAD - Greazy Counter (Ft. Greazy Puzzy Fuckerz)

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

thinking about her

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SugFbxZxY_U

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

kirbysuperstar posted:

thinking about her

hell yyeqah

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
post ur fav hardcore msuic

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
also rip trevor moore

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
im drunk

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

kirbysuperstar posted:

thinking about her

who

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZrV5rlQaF8

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kirbysuperstar posted:

thinking about her

It's tragic how her zombie fighting career failed to take off.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Damon Ricitello's secretary in TSA, probably also Juliet Starling after she graduated and dumped Nick.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

also a big fan of the mouse cop

Yuu Morisawa
Oct 4, 2013

Watch Creamy Mami
I started watching Cardcaptor Sakura yesterday and it's very cute. :)

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

Nate RFB posted:

GuP is overall genuinely the best sports anime and comedy anime in like a decade and change.

literally, again, teekyuu

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Yuu Morisawa posted:

I started watching Cardcaptor Sakura yesterday and it's very cute. :)

Be warned, is it very much a CLAMP series. So there's some serious :wtc: to come.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i watched miyuki-chan in wonderland and i feel like that was the single dose of clamp needed to never be phased by another clamp story again

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

The Colonel posted:

i watched miyuki-chan in wonderland and i feel like that was the single dose of clamp needed to never be phased by another clamp story again

you do need two for proper immunity please get the clamp

Yuu Morisawa
Oct 4, 2013

Watch Creamy Mami

Ardeem posted:

Be warned, is it very much a CLAMP series. So there's some serious :wtc: to come.

oh no

like what?

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Yuu Morisawa posted:

oh no

like what?

CLAMP's stance is that all forms of love are valid, so while their homosexual relationships were quite progressive for the time, it also extends to incest and teachers marrying their elementary school students...

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

overrated!

Fun anime but I think it lacks the spark GuP has if we’re talking best sports/comedies in the last decade. And GuP isn’t even my favorite in either of those categories!

GuP has a really out there premise that it goes all in on and leads to some amazing set pieces. I think Ping Ping is interesting art style wise but that doesn’t do enough to capture me like competitive team tanks.

I’m also a sucker for team sports anime though, so that and the family drama S1 has is much more interesting to me than Ping Pong’s character’s strive for greatness and how it effects their lives.

I’ll be honest and say I don’t really remember much of Ping Pong’s comedy so I can’t judge it there

Both anime worth watching though if you’re looking for sports

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Tamba posted:

CLAMP's stance is that all forms of love are valid, so while their homosexual relationships were quite progressive for the time, it also extends to incest and teachers marrying their elementary school students...

In the anime at least it's a very minor background thing, don't worry too much.

Edit: ^^^ well okay, that's your opinion I guess, but the scene where Wenge finds a white hair in the gift package his mom sent to him is, IMHO, maybe the single most devastatingly human moment in all of anime

Fangz fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Sep 5, 2021

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

I’ll be double honest and say I don’t remember what that spoiler is. Most of ping pong’s story has left me outside of the initial Smile and uhhh bowlcut backstory stuff

and that one guy’s Christmas

Again, anime i thought was worth watching but I’m realizing it didn’t leave much of an impact on me. Both it and GuP get a lot of hype and of the two GuP lives up to it more for me.

My submission for best sports is, of course, Haikyuu S1 + 2. Other seasons are good but those two nailed it.

Yuu Morisawa
Oct 4, 2013

Watch Creamy Mami

Tamba posted:

yeah, that's :wtc:

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Erg posted:

My submission for best sports is, of course, Haikyuu S1 + 2. Other seasons are good but those two nailed it.

:hai:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nuLQ7W9ykA

TY to Aruran for saving vtubers

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Ping Pong is more than 20 years old

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nate RFB posted:

Ping Pong is more than 20 years old

2014 is over 20 years ago?

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I feel like Ping Pong is more drama than sports anime. For one it isn't 200 episodes long

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Strange Quark posted:

2014 is over 20 years ago?
The manga was 1996-1997.

The anime is great but it is an adaption of an extremely well regard comic.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Also this semantic argument is pointless anyway because yes I think Girls und Panzer is a better sports anime than Ping Pong the Animation.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Nate RFB posted:

Also this semantic argument is pointless anyway because yes I think Girls und Panzer is a better sports anime than Ping Pong the Animation.

ur av fukkin owns

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Ping Pong is the best sports anime in recent years though Major 2nd and Mix are both very potent runner-ups.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
What I value most out of a sports narrative is the ability to meaningfully and unpredictably lose. People aren't fighting to the death here, so take advantage of it. I like Haikyuu but one of its biggest weaknesses is how rote its plot progression is. Do well in a tournament, lose at the very last second to your big rival, and then come back and beat them next time. S4 was pretty lackluster in part because it had to continue past all that, and set up all these new teams at nationals we have to pretend are threats before we beat them first try anyway, because the story can't end with us dropping out in round 2 of the whole thing.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I like how miho being a tactical genius who thinks way more on the fly and trusts her teammates to do well and think for themselves, versus maho who follows a rigid plan and expects everyone to follow exact orders, is shown father than told. You get some 'shes different from her family' lines but nobody ever sits down and makes that explicit.

Its just shown through stuff like how mahos team (including erika) panic the second something unexpected happens while mihos team are completely in their element splitting up and running weird distraction plans, etc. Its smart.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

team volleyball being tactical geniuses ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I mean the ultimate payoff to this is in the GuP final movies we get actual Chihatan school using actual tactics and it's both out of left field but the way the show does it makes perfect sense