Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

amongus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

indigi posted:

bless you

e: ok this is actually kind of disgusting

Lmao

Horny is its own punishment

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Horny is its own punishment

jesus gently caress if this wasn't the truth

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Glad to see amber's still working on her book

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

ram dass in hell posted:

Mr. E T? That's decent.

How is This a joke the e has nothing to do with the t so teneous gently caress you

TURN IT OFF!
Dec 26, 2012

thotsky posted:

How is This a joke the e has nothing to do with the t so teneous gently caress you

No you see this references pop culture from my childhood, and therefore clever. Unlike Loki.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Both Mr T and ET were long before my time/nostalgia zone but its still a recognizable and simple joke based on the bare minimum, unlike the one that requires you to recognize airplane logos and know lore beyond the characters name

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
right, the 80s equivalent of that loki poo poo would be someone dressed up as both ALF and the where's the beef lady, and she's serving AIDS burgers at wendys.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Mr. ET is a joke that an incredibly hacky out of date standup comedian makes in a Simpsons episode from 27 years ago.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

I’m perfectly chill. Perfectly chill. The most innocuous comment set you off, not me. People are shockingly stupid, except for me. If that upsets you please shut the fuck up.
Mr. ET seems consciously stupid. Like they knew it was corny as hell and decided to dive right into the dumb and sink a bunch of effort time and money into inflicting it on everyone around them.

And for that I salute them.

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
No matter how one utilizes TikTok the algorithm will eventually lead one to horny sabotage. There is no escaping the attacks.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

I saw these in the Shanghai museum of propaganda! I really should we bought the coffee book of art they were selling

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Lux Animus posted:

:siren::nms::siren:
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/6988613776857648389

lol tiktok embeds? curse this site for letting me share this

This is actually awesome when I choose to believe its a parody.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Shut up about your dumb boomer nostalgia, we live in a documentary

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

every one of those stories is aspirational now

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Chilling

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Phigs posted:

I assumed it was supposed to be an unsettling piece of performance art, and that she accomplished her objective

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I'd love to live in 1984 world, I'd be one of the 85% of the population that gets to be unsurveilled and kept from rebellion by booze and entertainment. Much fewer worries and more freedom than today.

All the bad stuff in that book happens to the middle managers who are the main characters.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

https://twitter.com/Lubchansky/status/1434132145740685316

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/appuntito160/status/1432993510882381828

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Mr. Lobe posted:

I assumed it was supposed to be an unsettling piece of performance art, and that she accomplished her objective

Yeah same. She put a lot of time and effort into getting the Disney/Pixar/whatever face down and holy poo poo is it unsettling to actually watch a person do.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

TURN IT OFF! posted:

No you see this references pop culture from my childhood, and therefore clever. Unlike Loki.

Marvel Loki has been around since at least the 1980s but my guess is the 1960s.

Anyway Marvel Loki is boring compared to "Valhalla" Loki.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Yeah same. She put a lot of time and effort into getting the Disney/Pixar/whatever face down and holy poo poo is it unsettling to actually watch a person do.

yeah it's genuinely impressive and scary. having different parts of her body totally unsynced with the wild eyebrows and swinging wrists and poo poo was spot-on

i broke and downloaded tiktok last night. it's insane and jarring for a new user when the algorithm doesn't know what i want. just total whiplash

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Phigs posted:

She did a pretty good job. That said, TikTok is a curse.

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005

Mola Yam posted:

right, the 80s equivalent of that loki poo poo would be someone dressed up as both ALF and the where's the beef lady, and she's serving AIDS burgers at wendys.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/clodeineee/status/1433881736300175361?s=19

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/libertarianism/status/913011139830796294?s=20

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I'd love to live in 1984 world, I'd be one of the 85% of the population that gets to be unsurveilled and kept from rebellion by booze and entertainment. Much fewer worries and more freedom than today.

All the bad stuff in that book happens to the middle managers who are the main characters.

Makes a shitload of sense in retrospect that it's literally just a dystopia for the british upper middle class imagining they actually had consequences for their tantrums

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/BasedMortimer/status/1434235868903002118

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

This could almost be their bumper sticker.

Hang on...

Yep that works.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Makes a shitload of sense in retrospect that it's literally just a dystopia for the british upper middle class imagining they actually had consequences for their tantrums

The Issac Asimov takedown of 1984 someone posted in cspam a few months ago is really good

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

what is this

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

The squirrel account on twitter likes to email chomsky large essays a lot.

Shitpostradomus
Sep 19, 2020

by sebmojo

Lux Animus posted:

:siren::nms::siren:
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/6988613776857648389

lol tiktok embeds? curse this site for letting me share this

no idea the validity to that but that's what some other website says

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I admittedly dont pay that much attention to them but the squirrel does good owns on people who suck some times so I'm inclined to see past that odd quirk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's Britta from Community. A very divisive character.