Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Selane posted:

oh no, what could be worse for the game than five stars being of roughly equal power levels

y-yeah? that sounds right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Reiterpallasch posted:

albedo can go onto any team without loving up its elemental reactions and enables geo resonance in combination with zhongli, which is extremely good. if you let me pick one of the two for my account for free it'd probably be raiden but i'd have to think for a bit.

Albedo also is a straight fire and forget DPS and minor (to medium for geo) burst regen increase. Having an automatable damage increase (that can be in the 5k-10K+ range DPS even with my lovely artifact comp) via Zhongli that can also grant infinite shields and help build for bursts (especially Zhongli's insane orbit to surface strike that can potentially do 60-100K damage or more if you get lucky and have the right weapon and artis without constellations) is not underpowered by any means.

If I had to choose between the two i'd 100% go for Albedo because he's deceivingly powerful. This goes double given that Baal is arbitrarily removed from being compatible from other character's bursts seemingly to encourage us to roll on other characters due to invalidating existing possible team comps, which is something I don't have to worry about with Albedo.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Sep 5, 2021

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I just realized that the reason I'm suddenly getting a lot of random co-op requests lately is because people are desperate for fish

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

What I want to know is whether we can make a good all archons team in 3.whatever and make it make sense.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Archonex posted:

Albedo also is a straight fire and forget DPS and minor (to medium for geo) burst regen increase. Having an automatable damage increase (that can be in the 5k-10K+ range DPS even with my lovely artifact comp) via Zhongli that can also grant infinite shields and help build for bursts (especially Zhongli's insane orbit to surface strike that can potentially do 60-100K damage or more if you get lucky and have the right weapon and artis without constellations) is not underpowered by any means.

If I had to choose between the two i'd 100% go for Albedo because he's deceivingly powerful. This goes double given that Baal is arbitrarily removed from being compatible from other character's bursts seemingly to encourage us to roll on other characters due to invalidating existing possible team comps, which is something I don't have to worry about with Albedo.

yeah, but you have to worry about uselessness in trounce domains, enemy shields, repositioning his skill, and keeping his HP above 90%. he's good, but he has his own set of problems

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

imagine taking that nerd over raiden

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

padijun posted:

yeah, but you have to worry about uselessness in trounce domains, enemy shields, repositioning his skill, and keeping his HP above 90%. he's good, but he has his own set of problems

Keeping his HP above 90% isn't an issue if you have Festering Desire, which deals with that entire problem.

Granted, if you got him after the event that gave it that's a problem. I haven't really noticed much trouble in most fights with repositioning his skill however. It's to the point where i'll run him in Abyss and just laugh as I have infinite damage shields. Enemies will straight up come to you in most cases.

The exception to this would be gimmick fights like the archers and defense thing. But loving lol if you bring him to that floor. :stare:

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
If you fish in other people's worlds, it takes their fish, right? It's like the teapot guy, it's not instanced?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

festering being an ER weapon feels like such a waste on Albedo, HoD is just so much better for that easy crit build and giving crit to his burst so it actually does some damage

Smoove J
Sep 13, 2003

yeah Meade's ok I spose
Playing this for the first time. After beating that first big dragon at the beginning, I did a 10 pull on the Wanderlust Invocation banner and got Keqing! Nice! She seems good.

Question: should I use those anemoculus to upgrade statues of the seven? I don’t want to waste limited currency and screw over anything later on. Any other beginner tips or good resources to know of?

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Smoove J posted:

Playing this for the first time. After beating that first big dragon at the beginning, I did a 10 pull on the Wanderlust Invocation banner and got Keqing! Nice! She seems good.

Question: should I use those anemoculus to upgrade statues of the seven? I don’t want to waste limited currency and screw over anything later on. Any other beginner tips or good resources to know of?

Only use fates that you get as rewards to pull on the Wanderlust banner is the general rule. Don't actually spend money or primogems to do so. Also, do both the 2x10 pulls the game allows you to do on the beginner banner, also with fates you get as a reward, not currency. It's ok to use the anemoculuses asap as you get them, the only thing they are used for is leveling the statue.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Smoove J posted:

Anemoculi are only used to upgrade statues of the seven and don't have any other usage (and never will). If you get something called a billet that lets you make a weapon it's fairly rare so be a little careful with them. Fragile resin is very limited and still has value late game and is good to hoard.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

MarquiseMindfang posted:

If you fish in other people's worlds, it takes their fish, right? It's like the teapot guy, it's not instanced?

Correct

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Smoove J posted:

ALso know now that the game's main method of getting players to participate is the fear of missing out. If you're upset about missing something because you started playing late / took a vacation, just remember that there is always more limited time event content down the pipeline, and the people who accumulate that stuff are the people who always participate in it.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Holy crap the signora mains Reddit is melting down

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
The new "collect the electro particles" commission is bugged, kinda. I failed to collect 3 of them, and it still gave me a commission complete.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
I guess I should change my commissions back to Inazuma now that the new islands are unlocked. I kinda rage-switched them back to Liyue after getting that loving steal supplies from the Fatui camp one for the fourth day in a row.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Archonex posted:

The exception to this would be gimmick fights like the archers and defense thing. But loving lol if you bring him to that floor. :stare:

Lmao for constantly bringing up something that’s been gone for months you sure don’t seem to remember how it was completed, though I guess that might explain the lasting impression. Albedo was fine and I’m certain I three starred it with him. The gimmick was about managing the archers aggro, only every other one attacked the target.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Dramatika posted:

I guess I should change my commissions back to Inazuma now that the new islands are unlocked. I kinda rage-switched them back to Liyue after getting that loving steal supplies from the Fatui camp one for the fourth day in a row.

There’s a gentlemen quest on the completely derelict and abandoned island.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

kater posted:

Lmao for constantly bringing up something that’s been gone for months you sure don’t seem to remember how it was completed, though I guess that might explain the lasting impression. Albedo was fine and I’m certain I three starred it with him. The gimmick was about managing the archers aggro, only every other one attacked the target.

Albedo couldn't even get two of the archers in his AOE at the same time. Never mind the entire group. :rolleyes:

Sexual Aluminum posted:

I just looked at it and holy poo poo you weren't kidding. They're talking like a relative died in there. :stare:

Archonex fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Sep 5, 2021

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Why is there a signora mains Reddit

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Traveller posted:

Why is there a signora mains Reddit

There is a mains reddit for about every character. These are places of magic and wonder depression at the state of some folk's obsessions coupled with the occasional build chat.

The original mains subreddits were used for talking builds or for artists to post their work on so it didn't get drowned out on the main reddit. But people simp for the gacha waifus (and manfus) so over time you get a Signora reddit unironically making eulogies for her when we don't even know what her playable character is like while the rest of the mains subreddits slowly went the same way in terms of quality.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Sep 5, 2021

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Also the people saying Raiden isn't a better battery than any other character completely baffle me. Like... what are you building on Raiden? Are you just giving her no ER at all? She accelerates bursts like crazy. I want to know what crazy kool-aid people are drinking.

Outside of Eula, it just doesn't matter. She doesn't replace anyone in current teams, and she doesn't enable some crazy new team. A lot of core teams have a flex slot and you can shove Raiden into that, but even if electro doesn't screw up your reactions you're essentially just fueling bursts that were already fueled enough already. What you want to do is enable burst spamming for previously painful 80-cost bursts, but that utility is limited by the available roster and how well they already work together.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Someone who has C2 Sara - does the 30% strength ambush dropped by pressing her skill button at C2 also generate energy particles? She could be a pretty good (yet fiddly) electro battery if so. Seems like the charged shot ambush drops ~3 particles per use when it hits.

I love her design so much I'm really tempted to make her work somehow.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

swapping out your anemo in national teams will be an upgrade as long as grouping isn't important for the fight. if they fix the interaction with beidou i think she would strictly be better in those teams too. she also enables you to do 2cryo2electro with eula rather than just a straight swap for fishl, but again she doesn't work with beidou who is the only other electro worth using there.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

brainwrinkle posted:

Someone who has C2 Sara - does the 30% strength ambush dropped by pressing her skill button at C2 also generate energy particles? She could be a pretty good (yet fiddly) electro battery if so. Seems like the charged shot ambush drops ~3 particles per use when it hits.

I love her design so much I'm really tempted to make her work somehow.
It does not. She'd be extremely good if it did. She still works with Raiden as Raiden gets her to full on cooldown but it is hard to figure out sara+raiden comps. Kind of brutal that Beidou, the literal perfect fit for this comp (especially due to her -electro res effect at C6), doesn't work very well.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Sexual Aluminum posted:

there's already people saying theyre going to flood the next survey with complaints to try and get it reversed zhongli buffs style and all i can do is :lol:

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Mix. posted:

there's already people saying theyre going to flood the next survey with complaints to try and get it reversed zhongli buffs style and all i can do is :lol:

I mean I will say (HUGE SPOILERS FOR INAZUMA DO NOT MOUSE OVER IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW)

given a certain weekly boss fight it seems she's the titular crimson witch. Hence why she was such a bitch to Venti. So if they wanted to bring her back they could do so. She's already over 500 years old at least, and I feel like someone with a firey theme set named the Crimson Witch could probably just get a hail mary to escape and leave behind a pile of ashes so that the Traveler and the NEET archon would assume she's dead.

Also, with the way they're telegraphing time travel possibly being a thing in the future or just the Ark hints they've got so many ways to bring her back to life later on. Ditto for Ei's sister after they get done showing us the real Archons as a playable version.

(HUGE SPOILERS FOR INAZUMA END HERE. AGAIN, DO NOT MOUSE OVER IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW)

Archonex fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Sep 5, 2021

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Archonex posted:

I mean I will say (HUGE SPOILERS FOR INAZUMA DO NOT MOUSE OVER IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW)

given a certain weekly boss fight it seems she's the titular crimson witch. Hence why she was such a bitch to Venti. So if they wanted to bring her back they could do so. She's already over 500 years old at least, and I feel like someone with a firey theme set named the Crimson Witch could probably just get a hail mary to escape and leave behind a pile of ashes so that the Traveler and the NEET archon would assume she's dead.

Also, with the way they're telegraphing time travel possibly being a thing in the future or just the Ark hints they've got so many ways to bring her back to life later on. Ditto for Ei's sister after they get done showing us the real Archon's as a playable version.

(HUGE SPOILERS FOR INAZUMA END HERE. AGAIN, DO NOT MOUSE OVER IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW)

I dont remember the ending to the first Childe fight, did he die and fade away like Signora did?

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Sexual Aluminum posted:

I dont remember the ending to the first Childe fight, did he die and fade away like Signora did?

He did not. It's another case where the Traveler gets hit with cutscene incompetence yet again irrespective of our performance. At which point he realized he had been conned since there was no gnosis present. Hence why he's your buddy, since Ajax is kind of a bloodthirsty maniac but also treats you like you're bros if you can kick his rear end (at least, until he gets strong enough to murder you).

I didn't notice that though. Now I want to go back and check how she fades away. Didn't even notice that. Now I wonder if it might be similar to what happens when someone drowns or dies in game. Literally all the other stuff has in game explanations and that's the one thing that was never given an explanation. I had assumed it was just a requisite to get over teleporting you elsewhere, but everything else has an explanation in game terms in the lore somewhere except for that. They even have lore that can explain why mineral resources exist and come back so it seems odd that they'd throw an animation for turning into sparkles in the water instead of just fading to black like every other game. :shrug:

If she did the equivalent of respawning on the beach after drowning or at a Cyro Archon statue off screen that would be legitimately hilarious in how hard it trolled people.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Sep 5, 2021

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
She's done for, they directly showed big white text on a black screen that confirms the death during the walk afterwards. But I don't think that should prevent them from releasing her as a character anyways if they really want to. There's certainly enough people that like the character and it's not like our gacha characters are canonically with the traveler. It just means her story involvment is over, unless they do a dumb death fakeout thing. But many of the other characters aren't going to be super relevant story wise either. Like, I don't think Diona is ever gonna be a big deal story wise and Xinyan has yet to start existing.

Zwiebel fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Sep 5, 2021

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Zwiebel posted:

Signora is dead, but I don't think that should prevent them from releasing her as a character anyways if they really want to. There's certainly enough people that like the character and it's not like our gacha characters are canonically with the traveler. It just means her story involvment is over, unless they do a dumb death fakeout thing. But it's not like many of the other characters are going to be super relevant story wise either.

I mean, the gacha screen literally shows a blue version of the Ark from HI3. Which was designed to create new copies of human life off world (The ark, which also match the twins movements in the intro, contained a genetic library designed to let the Ark duo create life seemingly ex nihilo given that it was powered by multiple herrsher's cores...Basically a sci-fi version of the Archon's gnosis, now that I think about it. :stare:) originally.

So if she shows up as a playable character without it getting an in game explanation of her having survived then that's an absolutely huge wham moment in terms of implications for the nature of the setting. Pretty much confirms some of the more credible theories about Teyvat being a replacement Earth and this is an altquel/stealth sequel to HI3 or a similar timeline in some way. Which feels like a thing they want to at least save for the next nation or the one after that, at the earliest.

Either way, if they did make her playable immediately i'm not sure how they'd write their way out of making that a red herring without completely hosing up all the lore tidbits they've added and essentially saying the plot will go the WoW-esque route of whatever keeps engagement high enough at the time.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Sep 5, 2021

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i think signora's existing model couldn't be used as a player character currently, so if they added her to the gacha there would still have to be some story event that resulted in her looking slightly different.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Radical posted:

i think signora's existing model couldn't be used as a player character currently, so if they added her to the gacha there would still have to be some story event that resulted in her looking slightly different.

Isn't she about as tall as Rosaria and the other tall female models? I haven't had a chance to check yet, but if so that could work.

It's pretty obvious given the Rosaria issues that they had that they need more skeletons for the models though. And I heard someone in the thread talking about a ripped Oni woman or something like that being datamined way back? So it seems like they ought to be aware that they'd benefit from putting more skeletons for the models in.

Also, on the issue of the cores I just realized that the Cyro Archon is very likely to be Kiana or Sirin. Probably Sirin unless they want to throw a real curve ball at us, since the Cyro Archon matches up with Russia in many ways. Which is where Sirin goes from a sweet kid that loves everyone to becoming the misanthropic maniac she is in HI3 before she's put down.

Also, kind of spoils where they might take the plot since that's literally how Earth got obliterated in the original GGZ/ancient history timeline of HI3. If you start combining cores into a single person like it sounds like the Cyro Archon might be aiming to do, then you end up going Herrsher really fast and with deific powers. Like, we're talking it's an instant loss condition in GGZ when Sirin/the possessed Kiana gets her hands on three or four cores of other Herrshers. In GGZ it literally produced the Unknown Goddess from the intro of Genshin, only on steroids.

There's even evidence of how bad of an idea this is in game. Delusions are made from an archon's gnosis' residue. Likewise, the statues contain a bit of it, hence why monsters keep mutating into existence around them. Meaning it's possibly literally Honkai energy but by a different name and with the obligatory thing where Honkai works slightly different in how it fucks up the world in every timeline it occurs in.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Sep 5, 2021

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
That's a good point.
The model probably isn't made correctly for being a player character. She mostly did things in fully animated cutscenes and even the boss fight version has her mostly just stand there.
I don't think her being tall would be a problem, since they have some flexibility with that. Kujou Sara is almost as tall as Zhongli (sadly, only because of the shoes) and notably taller than Rosaria/Jean/Eula. Mechanically as well, she stands up in water when the other tall women already swim. I don't know whether she has a slightly faster run or climb speed, but the difference probably isn't significant enough if there is one.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i won't pretend like Scaramouche or Baizhu are paragons of writing as yet, and Scaramouche is certainly as unpleasant, but it was yet again so tiresome to see the simping come out so hard for an ill-defined character. sure, some of these people read whatever artifact flavor text had her lore but jesus christ.

i'll admit it gave some real spice and humor to the matter of factness with which they just blast her rear end from the story.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
I've been feeling kinda dumb for pulling Yoimiya, but I just fought electro Oceanid for the first time, and as a non Ganyu haver, holy poo poo am I glad I have a solid ranged single target dps for that fight.

Also, she's super nice to have against those dumb loving anemo specters. As a Xiao enjoyer, those things can eat my entire rear end.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Yoimiya is super good against both Thunder Manifestation and specters as you've seen. In fact I'd say she's the best character for fighting those enemies.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

How exactly do specters work? I don't think I've ever gotten one enraged, is my damage too poor? They don't seem very tough anyway.

Also, is the Thunder Manifestation bugged? I got the "no lock" achievement even though I had a big bullseye on my character when I first fought it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

Tarezax posted:

Yoimiya is super good against both Thunder Manifestation and specters as you've seen. In fact I'd say she's the best character for fighting those enemies.

Yeah, its not like I have great investment into her either yet - still sitting at level 70 with a level 70 Rust and not good artifacts. And I finally have something to use my Lavawalker crap on! Since she's not super reaction focus, it seems that flat 35 pyro damage is a nice bonus. I suppose I could do Shimenawa, but it seems kinda anti fun.