Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Barudak posted:

You may not be surprised to learn Golf is a rapidly dying sport.

Inshallah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Crazy Golf is a great game

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

who calls it that

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Skwirl posted:

There was an infographic showing a CEO working 50 hours a week, but like 30 hours of that was "networking" by taking super long lunches or playing golf.

If an office drone level employee did all these things in one week, how many hours of work would these guys, who pay themselves a million dollars to go to the dentist or sit on a plane, count it as?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

If an office drone level employee did all these things in one week, how many hours of work would these guys, who pay themselves a million dollars to go to the dentist or sit on a plane, count it as?

Once you're counting exercise and personal appointments as work, you may as well go all the way and spend eight hours a day Business Sleeping.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Need to itemize the hog cranking time in there to see if this CEO is pulling rookie numbers.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Tiggum posted:

Once you're counting exercise and personal appointments as work, you may as well go all the way and spend eight hours a day Business Sleeping.

I was attending a meeting with my pillow, blanket and mattress.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/appleciderwitch/status/1434340308121178115?s=19

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Mega Comrade posted:

My local council manages a golf course 5 minutes away. It's £6 per person for a round.

I'm going to need much better rates than that if you want me to play golf.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

the UK is basically a giant lawn that doesn't get hot, I'd play golf there

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

OwlFancier posted:

My point it doesn't need to be expensive. The sport itself is quite fun to play (although I can't stand watching it) , can be played well into old age and yet have lots of health benefits for those who do play.

Sadly it's just been co-opted by rich exclusive clubs.

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014

Ratjaculation posted:

Frisbee Golf is a great game

:smugmrgw:

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Golf was invented by the Scottish to wreck revenge on the world.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Mario loves golf and he is jacked and stacked

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Golf is like bowling. It's fun to do with three buddies who are the same skill level as you (no matter what that skill level is) and you can get drunk while doing it. It also has the advantage of being outdoors and requiring light physical activity. It also, as pointed out above, can be cheap as gently caress.

That said, each course eats up enough space for a hundred houses, and rich people have perverted it into a racist institution, so I fully understand all hatred of it.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

OwlFancier posted:

Seriously, at least offer minimum wage if I've gotta play that bullshit

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Lol this crunches to a 35 hour workweek when you remove 20 hours of fluff padding it out

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

'business meals' and 'working alone' are also fluff

Probably half to three quarters of those meeting hours too

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

flavor.flv posted:

During the meals they talk about business!

Thankfully, as we've seen, that includes talking about anything at all

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Mega Comrade posted:

My point it doesn't need to be expensive. The sport itself is quite fun to play (although I can't stand watching it) , can be played well into old age and yet have lots of health benefits for those who do play.

Sadly it's just been co-opted by rich exclusive clubs.
Yeah. In the US, a lot of clubs require you to use golf carts in order to maximize throughput. At that point, it's not exercise at all. Most of the available golf courses are private and $$$$$.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
So work travel time counts as hours worked, according to the CEOs. I wonder: do these same CEOs compensate their employees for their travel time, too?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Lol this crunches to a 35 hour workweek when you remove 20 hours of fluff padding it out

Nah, it's 30 or 24. "Business Meals"? gently caress off with that, when I was working for booz as a pleeb consultant I didn't get to charge time for eating with clients even if it was during a proposal situation.

"Working Alone" is also suspect.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
No chance in hell business meals and a lot of meetings aren't "drink with my buddies on a company card"

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

American Psycho where high roller Executive Vice President Patrick Bateman doesn’t ever actually have to do anything is actually a documentary

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

oldpainless posted:

American Psycho where high roller Executive Vice President Patrick Bateman doesn’t ever actually have to do anything is actually a documentary

Not enough dead hookers to be truly representative of American Executive culture.

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Yeah. In the US, a lot of clubs require you to use golf carts in order to maximize throughput. At that point, it's not exercise at all. Most of the available golf courses are private and $$$$$.

Wow, that's pretty poo poo. Here in the UK you can just lug your sticks around and pay barely anything.

Although the only time I've been 'golfing' was treating my other half to a game and I just drove the cart round drinking and eating because it looked like fun.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

sugar mouse posted:

Wow, that's pretty poo poo. Here in the UK you can just lug your sticks around and pay barely anything.

Although the only time I've been 'golfing' was treating my other half to a game and I just drove the cart round drinking and eating because it looked like fun.

Had you never drunk nor ate? Yes, they're great fun if you do it right. Driving isn't fun, though.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Driving a golf cart looks fun, I've seen jackass.

Doubly so if you were allowed to drive it around a golf course and play polo with the rich people.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
My opinion on golf is based on the one scene form angry white guy movie Falling Down.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

OwlFancier posted:

Driving a golf cart looks fun, I've seen jackass.

Driving golf carts irresponsibly is one of the great joys in life. Until you flip it and get paralyzed, as is tradition.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Just lol if you haven’t crushed a vertebrae in a golf cart accident.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Mega Comrade posted:

My local council manages a golf course 5 minutes away. It's £6 per person for a round.

british isles links golf where it's a legitimate ecological protection practice for specific landscapes, often run by town councils at cost, is very very different from the high-priced executive golf found elsewhere in the world

like if you don't know anything about golf, you may at least know how it has water hazards and sand traps and very specifically manicured lawns called greens and is just an absolute environmental disaster because of all the specific landscaping involved

in the british isles, especially scotland, the "links" are specific sand dune coastal ecologies and setting up golf courses was basically finding a way to add a ball to just walking normally around the existing terrain. golf started there where it actually made sense and setting up the courses was going "okay you start here and need to get idk three hills north? that sounds good, dig the hole somewhere over there." the water hazards, sand traps, etc were just natural existing parts of the terrain

trump-style business/upper class golf is absolutely nothing like the original/real thing and is the blight everyone thinks it is. links golf is ecologically sustainable, fun and genuinely interesting.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

BioEnchanted posted:

"Hello my baby, hello my honey, hello my ragtime gal!"

This person has you covered

https://twitter.com/Beanshit72/status/1434373845520162817

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

My dad plays golf now because he's older and his knee is all hosed up so he can't play softball like he used to but he still likes to get out and do something physically. Him and my pothead brother go to public courses and make fun of all the yuppie fucks they see and drive around like maniacs on the carts and have a fun time.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

yesss now someone do a line of them as Rockettes

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Ror posted:

Driving golf carts irresponsibly is one of the great joys in life. Until you flip it and get paralyzed, as is tradition.

The most common golf cart injury I see in EMS is broken ankles. People start to tip it and think 'I can stick my foot out and catch it before we fall' and then it falls over and snap goes the ankle.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

flavor.flv posted:

Sex with their spouse and lover includes business talk too. Those can be counted.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/SameeraKhan/status/1434225961420132352?s=20

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

This isn't even true, they made this decision two months before Black Widow even released, LOL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Sad to see that Sameera Khan has been reduced to shouting about Disney on Twitter since she got sacked from RT of all places for being too “uwu daddy Stalin” even for them.