Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Honestly, I’m more upset I can’t order a digital copy. I have no need for a physical magazine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Oh no more Digital White Dwarf?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

It’s been wholly removed, yeah. For all of WD.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Hope Warhammer + gives access at least later on.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

MonsterEnvy posted:

Hope Warhammer + gives access at least later on.

A full year (at least.) Good luck with your army until then. The only purpose of the archival WD in WH+ is to look at the pretty pictures. It's going to be useless for rules distribution.

EDIT: GW has started putting in more recent issues - March is the latest. 5 months isn't great, but it's better than a year. Hopefully they'll shorten the gap a bit in the future.

berzerkmonkey fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Sep 1, 2021

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

They’re promising new Warhammer+ content every Wednesday, so it’s possible the gap starts closing faster. But I’d prefer knowing to guessing.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
So it's still not clear to me where I'm supposed to access this WD content...is there an app?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Sign into https://mywarhammer.com/ and then hit Access the Vault, assuming you’ve signed up for Warhammer+.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Mikey Purp posted:

So it's still not clear to me where I'm supposed to access this WD content...is there an app?

No app, it's strictly browser based.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

New FAQs out.

Good news: they already walked back and fixed the ward bullshit.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Mors Rattus posted:

New FAQs out.

Good news: they already walked back and fixed the ward bullshit.
Wow, that was really fast.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
They also nerfed Cogs, and I'm assuming fixed Wyldwoods since the Sylvaneth FAQ is updated, but I don't know enough to notice what changed. Granted, some of these should've been caught before publication, but I'm impressed on the turn-around time on the update nonetheless.

Desfore fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Sep 3, 2021

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I'm thinking about picking up the generic endless spells. I remember someone saying they were going to reprint it. Has that already happened and I should grab whatever copy of Malign Sorcery I can find, or has it not been released yet?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

They all have statblocks in the 3e core rules, IIRC. So you just need to get the models.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Dreylad posted:

I'm thinking about picking up the generic endless spells. I remember someone saying they were going to reprint it. Has that already happened and I should grab whatever copy of Malign Sorcery I can find, or has it not been released yet?
Yeah, the reprints were put on preorder at the same time of the new starter sets: https://www.warhammer-community.com...eks-pre-orders/

Malign Sorcery is still Available to Order, while Forbidden Power is Out of Stock.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Edit: I was mistaken

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

Mors Rattus posted:

They all have statblocks in the 3e core rules, IIRC. So you just need to get the models.

they're in the GHB, actually, I think.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/09/05/sunday-preview-two-new-battletomes-and-a-whole-new-show-on-warhammer

Stormcast and Orruk battletomes up for preorder with a smattering of the new releases as well.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I've almost finished with the Dominion Kruleboyz, so the question is, do I start on the Stormcast now, or just keep buying swamp orcs... (I did actually quite enjoy painting the dead Stormcast on the Killaboss' base!)

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Cooked Auto posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/09/05/sunday-preview-two-new-battletomes-and-a-whole-new-show-on-warhammer

Stormcast and Orruk battletomes up for preorder with a smattering of the new releases as well.

Finally! And I'm glad all those dice are more readable than the others.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Talas posted:

You could say the novelty has worn off.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

looks like they're bringing White Dwarf on the Vault up to date much faster than expected.

On the other hand, a week until we know if Battletomes will be physical-only or not.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

The last of the Rockguts

I can't have more than these six, otherwise I'll have to repeat arms (or get really good at kitbashing)

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Winklebottom posted:

The last of the Rockguts

I can't have more than these six, otherwise I'll have to repeat arms (or get really good at kitbashing)

I'm super super jealous of how "smooth"/matte you get the stuff you post - the paint job is awesome of course, but wowzers I love the texture most

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

BaronVanAwesome posted:

I'm super super jealous of how "smooth"/matte you get the stuff you post - the paint job is awesome of course, but wowzers I love the texture most

I'm hesitant to recommend it, because they're not a great company, but it's AK Ultra Matte varnish. A goon recommended me Vallejo Mecha Matt as an alternative. Supposedly a lot stronger as well.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

Talas posted:

weirdly amused by the Death dice having skulls on the 6s.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
New Orruk models look boss but I’ve spent a ton of money on minis lately and I’ll probably wait on them and the codexes until I get some more built and painted.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Painting alfs is slow. But I'm learning and experimenting a lot as I go so it's been a good experience overall.

Next up, elfs on horses

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Very nice elfs!

Dreylad posted:

Next up, elfs on horses

Oof, those horses took me a few weeks. They are hard to paint but they look quite awesome on the table.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Talas posted:

Very nice elfs!

Oof, those horses took me a few weeks. They are hard to paint but they look quite awesome on the table.

Yeah I'm going to dive in head first and just try to batch paint all of them.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Winklebottom posted:

I'm hesitant to recommend it, because they're not a great company, but it's AK Ultra Matte varnish. A goon recommended me Vallejo Mecha Matt as an alternative. Supposedly a lot stronger as well.

I have the Vallejo Mecha and it owns but I'm afraid to airbrush it

We actually just tried the airbrush for the first time today, both some inks and some paints and the results weren't good? Like it was way too "wet". Then we were getting bubbles in pot. Then stuff was basically translucent.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018
I can't find any info on the release dates for any of the new KB stuff. Am I not looking hard enough or is there none?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Preorders go up on Saturday, I think.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/09/07/forge-your-own-stormhost-and-cheat-death-with-battletome-stormcast-eternals/

Also, apparently Stormcast can now do the thing only Kharadron could do before now, building their own custom subfac.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Mors Rattus posted:

Preorders go up on Saturday, I think.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/09/07/forge-your-own-stormhost-and-cheat-death-with-battletome-stormcast-eternals/

Also, apparently Stormcast can now do the thing only Kharadron could do before now, building their own custom subfac.

It seems like it's tied to path to glory unless I'm misunderstanding the post.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

The rest is. I’m not sure if custom Stormhosts are.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

did I imagine it or is it really weird and unintuitive to build a legal Kruleboyz army right now because Dominion is missing a 2nd battleline unit? iirc you need 2 for the standard army and the only way to get more of those Gutrippaz is to buy them loose/get one of those other starter boxes? Seems weird to release the big troll/crossbow miniatures when they haven't even released boxes of Rippaz

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Pretty sure all of that is going up on Saturday with the tomes. Y’know, like last week did with Orks.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

DLC Inc posted:

did I imagine it or is it really weird and unintuitive to build a legal Kruleboyz army right now because Dominion is missing a 2nd battleline unit? iirc you need 2 for the standard army and the only way to get more of those Gutrippaz is to buy them loose/get one of those other starter boxes? Seems weird to release the big troll/crossbow miniatures when they haven't even released boxes of Rippaz

GW has been doing this since at least Soul Wars. Partial units force you to buy box sets to fill in the holes.

abravemoose
Jul 2, 2021
Hi everyone,

I got into this hobby when a warhammer store opened up in my neighborhood back in 2017. I knew about the game but had never seen it in person. I thought it was still the original WHFB.

It took a while to understand what AoS was about but reading the warscrolls really helped. What really got me interested was when I read a description of AoS as a "fantasy settings with demon invasions but the demons already have won."

I finished my first "parade ready" AoS model in November 2019, a tangled mess of Spirit hosts, and being stuck at home has given me a lot of free time to learn.

The AoS community seems great and I'm looking forward to getting to play some day.

My most recent AoS unit is Magore's Fiends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

what a good dog

There’s so many good dogs in this game