Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feste
Apr 7, 2009

Bathtub Cheese posted:

A non-negligible portion of the population here has already acclimated to mass death from COVID given what's going on right now at events like Sturgis, Lollapalooza, pro and college sports, etc. It's already in the process of being normalized, as ghoulish as that is. That it's even likely Trump or DeSantis will take office in 2024 tells me the system can handle this by continuing to displace the costs and risks onto people already treated as disposable long before the pandemic.

A few of my friends have pointed to the low reported infection count out of Lolla as proof that crowded outdoor events (implied with high vaccination rates) are safe to go to.

Open Biden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Close Biden!

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

mod sassinator posted:

lol at least with a nuclear incident you can have a little handheld monitor that says "NO! Don't go there! It's not safe! Go back now!!". with covid it's just going to applebees and feeling like everything is great and normal, drinking those bottomless margs, throwing down a basket of riblets, and then a week later you're in the ICU wondering how the hell this happened

Disease and death are the radiation of capital. :hmmrona:

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
My idiot friend finally got off the ventilator (alive) after 13 days in the ICU! Of course he was unvaxxed, but he was just featured on a local news segment and he told everyone that covid sucked and to get vaxxed, while looking like absolute poo poo from his hospital bed, so maybe that will convince one or two people :gbsmith:

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

mod sassinator posted:

ISRAEL IS PLANNING A FOURTH DOSE

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9959811/Israel-planning-administer-FOURTH-Covid-vaccine-adjusted-fight-new-variants.html

it cannot be stated enough how much the CDC has hosed us over in the US with the bungled booster strategy. Israel has already boosted over 11% of its entire population and is seeing infections nosedive in those boostered populations. we need to get boosters into people NOW to put some brakes on the current delta surge

just LMFAO forever that the blue libs are loving up the vaccine deployment that they were so confident they would nail

Even if the CDC authorizes it for everyone, hardly anyone will get it. We won’t hit 10% with boosters.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 45 minutes!
Bread Liar

Glumwheels posted:

Even if the CDC authorizes it for everyone, hardly anyone will get it. We won’t hit 10% with boosters.

the future population of the us will be cspam goons

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

nikosoft posted:

My idiot friend finally got off the ventilator (alive) after 13 days in the ICU! Of course he was unvaxxed, but he was just featured on a local news segment and he told everyone that covid sucked and to get vaxxed, while looking like absolute poo poo from his hospital bed, so maybe that will convince one or two people :gbsmith:

he's one of the rare lucky ones

i'm happy for your friend.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

nikosoft posted:

Getting off a vent alive is, like, a miracle with delta isn't it?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Ruggan posted:

good mourning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jivhL27QdoY&t=10s

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

nikosoft posted:

An all round success. I'm glad he survived.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Dressed For Chess posted:

Anyone got a trip report on the Regeneron treatment? Getting it Wednesday morning.

how did it go?

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

sad to report that the suck and gently caress is canceled due to rising cases of the Delta Variant

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

Louisgod posted:

I’m ok with this, seriously. If the only people willing to do the right thing and get vaccines and wear masks survive, what’s wrong with that?

Once kids are vaxxed, open it up and let the chuds off themselves.

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

nikosoft posted:

Jesus how old is he? That's wild

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Glumwheels posted:

I’m ok with this, seriously. If the only people willing to do the right thing and get vaccines and wear masks survive, what’s wrong with that?

Once kids are vaxxed, open it up and let the chuds off themselves.

I would like for hospitals to still exist

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Biden has Opened, and he will never close again

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/delmoi/status/1434564935644762114?s=19

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/JohnSchoffstall/status/1434544817489522696

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

PostNouveau posted:

Getting off a vent alive is, like, a miracle with delta isn't it?

unvaccinated? yes.

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Louisgod posted:

Equal parts comforted and horrified.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Biden has Opened, and he will never close again

I grab him by his lapels and scream into his face: "DON'T YOU WANT TO LIVE? YOU DUMB SON OF A BITCH".
He begins to laugh. A slow, monotonous laugh, devoid of any inflection or joy. His eyes, never wavering from mine, a sort of glassy fever hue, lifeless.
The laughs bend and twist into a dry cough, almost forming.. syllables? Was he talking? Was he saying..open..biden?

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

nexous posted:

Why would they disappear?

https://mobile.twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1434543440948248587

Lmfao the next governor of California. This is worse than Newsom but not by a whole lot.

Feste
Apr 7, 2009

Louisgod posted:

Max Titers will become a political title like Caesar, suggesting that the Post-Apocalyptic world will have a Lil’ Titers pizza chain.

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

that link says to get tested 3-5 days after exposure, nothing about 3 days of symptoms

cool that she can't get a covid test anyway though

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
All the hcws getting traumatized by an ongoing mass death event is bad and happening right now and the only thing you can do for them is guard your health and save them from having to deal with your dumb rear end.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Lovelyn posted:

paying an extra $1k on top of regular pay and still no one wants to pick up

i wonder why

is it because every step of American healthcare, except possibly the administration, is heavily understaffed and underappreciated and underpaid even on the best of days before there was a pandemic?

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

nexous posted:

Hospitals still exist, they're just only for chuds now

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

someone can't read very well

CDC Guideline posted:

Fully vaccinated people who have come into close contact with someone with COVID-19 should be tested 3-5 days following the date of their exposure and wear a mask in public indoor settings for 14 days or until they receive a negative test result.
nothing about symptomatic

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

CaptainBeefart posted:

I hope she laughed and hung up. gently caress that lunatics job.

Of course she did. It's just a loving mess though. Here are the more recent incidents that occured.

A woman attacked a hospital security guard after being told she can't go back with her unvaccinated husband who was trying really hard to die. Ended up biting his ear off while two other guards stood by and a group of nurses and doctors pulled her off. (the security staff said they couldn't intervene)

My wife was directly threatened while working triage, she kicked a guy out for harassing her and the guy said he was going to come back and murder her. He then stood outside on the sidewalk staring at her for 4 hours. Hospital security said they couldn't do anything because he was outside. University police said they couldn't do anything cause it was on hospital grounds. I ended up having to come back into the city and drive her to her car since she was so freaked out. Seriously gently caress everything right now.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

26 hours after Pfizer shot number 3, and I ache literally from head to toe, with every joint in my body, and have done for the last 12 hours.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Glumwheels posted:

Why would they disappear?

https://mobile.twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1434543440948248587

Lmfao the next governor of California. This is worse than Newsom but not by a whole lot.

i guess we're just using some new definition of "rare" here

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

i am harry posted:

my youngest has never met her great grandmother

Is this a thing that is important to people? All of my great grandparents died before I was born. Am I missing out on some blessed relationship that I could have had with an 85 year old woman when I was 6 months old?

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

Lovelyn posted:

:swoon:

name?

this is Whiskey

omg Whiskey is a stunner.

His name is Ragnar because I am trying to distract from the fact that he is a trash cat

He's supposed to be a long fur floof but his big coat hasn't grown in yet so he looks super silly with his undercoat and just whisps of long fur. it's like reverse balding

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

astronautism posted:

Hello friends! One thing I have found to keep your chin up is to have a pet and get a friend or buddy to take pictures of you. Here is my example. I hope this finds you all well and I'm going to continue daydrinking

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Glumwheels posted:

I know we were talking yesterday about how you should get your boosters now because they may be gatekept even harder in the future.

On the flip side - for those who can afford it - Pfizer getting full FDA approval means in the future you could in theory walk into a pharmacy and pay cash for a shot (no idea what the cost will be - if they're charging the government $30/dose I fully expect Pfizer to jack it up to $99 or something for consumers).

So boosters won't be gatekept for those who can afford to pay cash.

The booster dose itself is only EUA right now, so who knows when it'll get full FDA approval. I'm guessing 2022 since it wasn't on the Pfizer Q2 earning report timeline.

So the cost of not getting symptomatic COVID/Long COVID could be paying $100 every 4 months to up your titers.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

thiccabod posted:

Personally I'm still waiting for the Mad Max Hellscape version of America that 90% of cpam was insistent we'd be living in by easter of 2020. When I do get to shoot my neighbor in defense of my beans???

I mean, on the one hand this hasn't happened yet, but on the other hand things are still getting worse every day, so maybe the prediction was just a bit premature.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

B-Rock452 posted:

Of course she did. It's just a loving mess though. Here are the more recent incidents that occured.

A woman attacked a hospital security guard after being told she can't go back with her unvaccinated husband who was trying really hard to die. Ended up biting his ear off while two other guards stood by and a group of nurses and doctors pulled her off. (the security staff said they couldn't intervene)

My wife was directly threatened while working triage, she kicked a guy out for harassing her and the guy said he was going to come back and murder her. He then stood outside on the sidewalk staring at her for 4 hours. Hospital security said they couldn't do anything because he was outside. University police said they couldn't do anything cause it was on hospital grounds. I ended up having to come back into the city and drive her to her car since she was so freaked out. Seriously gently caress everything right now.

JFC I'm so sorry.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Foo Diddley posted:

i guess we're just using some new definition of "rare" here

The word "relatively" is working its rear end off

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

mod sassinator posted:

racing towards the 1918 flu's 50 million worldwide deathtoll. a couple more years of bungled covid response and we'll get there

remember when people freaked the gently caress out at the idea of 1918 deathtoll for covid and lectured people about how that will never, ever happen here and if you say it again you will be probated. lol i remember

Just gonna jump in and point out that the Economist claims, based on nothing, that 1.4m people in China died of Covid, when their sources actually say they had negative excess deaths outside of Wuhan. So it's not as bad as it seems (unless you are a shithead American lol).

https://twitter.com/GlennLuk/status/1434500772620738564

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

RembrandtQEinstein posted:

Yeah turns out the college thing is just everywhere, lol.

My social media feed is filled with friends who are at packed indoor concerts. Open Biden I guess.

this is less than a mile from where I live lol