Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
You have to change your range of z axis on the map in game, and make sure to create a folder inside the Maps directory in \EQ\Maps or you’ll have the game overlaying both the downloaded and default maps. There’s a pull down to pick which map folder it is going off of beyond default.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floob
Jan 28, 2005

See you on Rubi-Ka

MF_James posted:

All the downloadable maps use a single layer, it's super loving annoying.

Yeah, Velk's Lab is awful. I know the zone well enough now I don't need the map, but reminded of how lovely it is every time I open it to look for a group member...

I'm going to jump in here with the guild discussion as well. We don't really have a big Goon presence on Mischief. Not organized anyways. Are any of you in guild recruiting right now? It looks like there are a few of us still unaffiliated :)

Malt
Jan 5, 2013

MF_James posted:

So, got our crew to 59 finally (worked picked up a shitload so we stalled out for like a month), what's a decent guild to join at this point? Looks like there's been some top end drama or something as I no longer see faceless around.

We're not down for bat phoning, though the guy I play with has more time than me, I can raid a few nights a week + maybe an off-night thing or two.

Do you want dkp or gdkp? DKP = the faceless and GDKP = Greed is Good. Neither have attendance policies and even if you can only raid 1 night a week, you’ll get more done with them than a smaller guild.

I guess how TLP servers work is that as time goes on everyone eventually ends up in the same guild around GoD. Everything goes instanced for the most part at that point and all the drama over open world targets goes away.

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...
Labor Day Weekend Bonus Experience 9/3 through 9/7

everquest.com posted:

May we be candid? We appreciate you. We really do.

For all the hard work you've put in—and in celebration of the upcoming Labor Day Weekend—we're crankin' experience gains up to 11! From September 3, 2021 at 12:01 a.m. PDT to September 7, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. PDT, you can enjoy 100% experience. That's right, you can "labor" in game to your heart's content!

Adventure on!

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I have a bit of free time so I sub'd and made a dwartf cleric on Mischief if anyone else is playing. I have no gear and am almost level 2 so I will be worthless but hey if you want to come by and buff me in BB feel free to do so!

e: Also playing a troll SK which was my original character! Name is Goonak (before I knew what goons or SA was)

LuckyCat fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Sep 5, 2021

Floob
Jan 28, 2005

See you on Rubi-Ka

LuckyCat posted:

I have a bit of free time so I sub'd and made a dwartf cleric on Mischief if anyone else is playing. I have no gear and am almost level 2 so I will be worthless but hey if you want to come by and buff me in BB feel free to do so!

Welcome. Let me check what I have for gear in the bank. I don't have a good buffing class yet. Working on an Enchanter now. I got my Bard to 60 this week. These are the characters I should be on if I am on... Blynk (Enchamter) and Melodeen (Bard)

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Absolutely incredible how this game still pulls me in. This Mischief server is fun, and everyone is very friendly and just shits items at you. Reminds me a little of Test Server to a smaller degree.

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
I know I’ve at least got a MoSS to pass along to a baby SK. I’m currently working on the grind to 60, but hit up Zooz (54 shaman) if you see me in game and I’ll parcel it over to you.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Yeah most people are super friendly, just had a bunch of people offer to help with BW fight for cleric epic, only for some asshat from greed is good to jump ahead of us (then wipe), dudes were cool and hung around for the 40 minutes or whatever for the turn in mob to respawn. Could have done it with our 6 but it was nice of those folks to offer.

Now just gotta knock out the 4 pearls in SF, kill ragefire and we'll have our cleric epic, then just warrior and shaman left to go.

Peter Daou Zen
Apr 6, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hate Everquest so much.

*watches download bar on Steam*

God drat IT.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

LuckyCat posted:

e: Also playing a troll SK which was my original character! Name is Goonak (before I knew what goons or SA was)

Sent a Sword of Rile and some random armor pieces for your SK. Feel free to keep/sell whatever you don't need.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

A surfing dog?! posted:

Sent a Sword of Rile and some random armor pieces for your SK. Feel free to keep/sell whatever you don't need.

Kick rear end, thanks so much!

I’m almost 17 and realizing I don’t think I need to leave Guk to level, like at all. At least, I’ve been able to go from 6 to 17 and I can probably make it to the low 20s in upper, then switch to Lower.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

LuckyCat posted:

Kick rear end, thanks so much!

I’m almost 17 and realizing I don’t think I need to leave Guk to level, like at all. At least, I’ve been able to go from 6 to 17 and I can probably make it to the low 20s in upper, then switch to Lower.

Hell yeah, guk life best life.

Floob
Jan 28, 2005

See you on Rubi-Ka

onesixtwo posted:

Hell yeah, guk life best life.

Never been a fan. I get lost fast down there, and it's just an awful long walk. I leveled there with my Bard and it was nice being friendly with the live side.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Two interesting updates.

Live is getting Agents of Change: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/test-update-9-8-2021-patch-notes-and-discussions.277326/

Everyone can pay a few extra bucks a month for "perks" that give them things like extra experience, extra currency: https://www.everquest.com/news/new-everquest-perks-2021

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
The TLP xp rates feel generous enough that paying for a bonus doesn't feel like it'd be required, so that's nice.

Honestly I'm surprised they took this long to implement this.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

So does the Agents of Change thing mean I can finally kill all the old bosses that are permacamped?

I logged in a while back after quitting around Gates of Discord. All I wanted to do was solo a bunch of stuff like Avatar of War, but most of it is always dead. I saw the Statue up once, but someone had already killed him by the time I got my main there (~5 minutes).

I guess I still need a group of 6 though?

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

I guess I still need a group of 6 though?

If you have two accounts you can just make a bunch of level 1s or whatever and fill a group. They don’t need to be online.

I did this all the time on Selo so my SK could farm tons of bosses.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
I could have sworn AOCs were already live. I remember when I dusted off my old live monk after not playing for like 15 years that I saw one in lavastorm and was very confused.

And that monetization seems terrible. Feels ptw. I'm pretty done with EQ, but I still like that it exists, so maybe they really need more money.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Holy poo poo I just assumed Live servers had AOCs already. Theyre JUST NOW getting them? lol

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Indecisive posted:

Holy poo poo I just assumed Live servers had AOCs already. Theyre JUST NOW getting them? lol

I also assumed this. My retirement plan from Mischief has always been to jump back to live and murder old raid bosses for nostalgia. I guess that would have been a rude surprise until this patch.

The perks for $3-$5 is lovely and I hate it, but I guess that’s about as innocuous a list of benefits as one could hope for. Even at that low price I dunno if I’d bother with any of them.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Nothing like leveling from 10-50 all in the same two zones, fun!

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

The perks are so bland I just assume they're being launched like that to get people used to the concept before they actually make them meaningful. The only one that stands out is preventing de-leveling. It might be useful to do some gimmicky things on TLPs.

Anyone on mischief feel like giving me the cliff notes of how the random loot has gone in kunark and velious? Haven't paid any attention since the first month. Are bosses still dropping 10x their typical amount of loot? How did they handle ST loot?

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Solarin posted:

The perks are so bland I just assume they're being launched like that to get people used to the concept before they actually make them meaningful. The only one that stands out is preventing de-leveling. It might be useful to do some gimmicky things on TLPs.

Anyone on mischief feel like giving me the cliff notes of how the random loot has gone in kunark and velious? Haven't paid any attention since the first month. Are bosses still dropping 10x their typical amount of loot? How did they handle ST loot?

For Kunark I didnt pay that close attention because frankly most Kunark loot is poo poo and who cares, but I think most of the raid bosses were in 1 pool except maybe like faydedar. For velious though there's a lot more targets and they're split up into like 4 or 5 tiers, with Vulak / AOW / Tunare / King Tormax / Yelinak being the 'top' even tho they are wildly different in difficulty and everyone hates when Yelinak trash drops but oh well. But anyway, using that as an example, each time you kill a boss it can contain loot from between 1 to 3 (maybe 4? idk) "corpses" meaning say you kill King Tormax and it rolls 3 corpses, he could have all the loot a Vulak would have, all the loot a Tunare would have, AND all the normal loot he would have. It's also possible to have double of the same corpse, so you can get a 3x Yelinak "jackpot". Certain bosses that drop heads (dain, tormax, yelinak) will always drop their head no matter what loot rolls - dain and tormax heads also will generate in their loot pools, but for some reason yelinak heads do not, so right now the only way to get a yelinak head is to kill him.

Anyway, speaking for Sleeper's specifically, sleepers pre-awakening loot AND post-awakening loot is both in the pool, I think they're in the same pool as most NTOV stuff so there's plenty of primal weapons dropping all over the place, and this server will be by far the easiest place for getting things like that monk robe everyone wets themselves over or whatever rogue/bard illusion mask is rare as hell etc. Also, Cazic-Thule is revamped and somewhere in like tier 2 I think so he's pretty worth killing even tho the rest of the bosses in Fear have garbage loot.

Tier 3 is poo poo like Dain, Velketor, Dozekar? Maybe Zland / Kland and west TOV dragons?

Tier 4 is like, plane of growth minis, the east TOV minis that drop symbols for dozekar quests, velk's guards maybe

Tier 5 is like bottom barrel trash that you forget are even raid mobs or something idk

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

That's perfect, thank you for the write up. So I'd guess the meta is splitting the poo poo out of tormax and Yelinak with alts. I heard they screwed with coth in Skyshrine though so maybe that's only viable for the MQ2 raid boxers who can warp to him.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Nah you can still COTH to the top of skyshrine, and yea splitting into multiple raids that can do 2/3 kills of King Tormax + Statue is way better than doing 1 raid that can kill AOW, so thats one nightmare fight that doesn't have to be done weekly at least.

Curious to see what will happen with Luclin - hopefully they will do the VT key similarly to the VP one and have mobs dropping multiples so keying isnt such a pain in the dick, but I have no idea what tiers would look like.. I guess Emp/Seru/Aten Ha Ra would be the high end shared table if they're doing it similarly, maybe there's a lower mob they would toss in to muck up the pool

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I fully expect the devs to half rear end luclin and just lump every mob that can drop the glowing luclinite orbs on the same loot tier, then like emp and the entirety of vex thal will be on another tier

also I half expect grieg to end up on the emp/seru/ahr tier if they go that route just because he sometimes drops a horse

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
sounds good to me

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I got bored of Guk and headed to Unrest. Got fast levels all the way to 26 where it has started to slow down quite a bit. Where should I go next?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Unfortunately, Guk.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

LuckyCat posted:

I got bored of Guk and headed to Unrest. Got fast levels all the way to 26 where it has started to slow down quite a bit. Where should I go next?

Unrest basement will take you much further, but it's super contested and can't supply more then one group.
I assume Guise has been nerfed at this point so there may not be a 60 perma sitting on the level 35 rare's spawn point.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Mistmoore, with friends.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."
Tower of Frozen Shadow ought to take you to velks, I remember lots of people being there during velious on Aradune.

trauma llama
Jun 16, 2015

LuckyCat posted:

What class are you playing? My shaman just hit 26 today as well. UR basement is still solid with a decent group. I’m hoping to get a couple more levels here then hit TofS around 28-29

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

trauma llama posted:

What class are you playing? My shaman just hit 26 today as well. UR basement is still solid with a decent group. I’m hoping to get a couple more levels here then hit TofS around 28-29

Sweet! Yeah I didn't even know there was a basement. Playing SK (and also trying to keep my cleric on pace, currently 12 and trying to get to Unrest group level).

Unrest is actually super unfamiliar to me. I started playing during Kunark and I leveled through LOIO in the teens and early 20s before moving to The Overthere, then Frontier Mountains, then Dreadlands.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I’m not sure I’m having fun right now on Mischief but I’m up to 38 Krono! :woop:

Kind of feeling like I’m at a crossroads. I could go full marketboard PVPer and get really into stacking Krono just for the sake of watching number go up. Or I could find ways to get back to having fun like actually playing an alt instead of just collecting gear for them.

I should get back to the Coldain Prayer Shawl. I think I’m up to the 4th but need to grind Tailoring a bit.

Floob
Jan 28, 2005

See you on Rubi-Ka

BGrifter posted:

I’m not sure I’m having fun right now on Mischief but I’m up to 38 Krono! :woop:

Kind of feeling like I’m at a crossroads. I could go full marketboard PVPer and get really into stacking Krono just for the sake of watching number go up. Or I could find ways to get back to having fun like actually playing an alt instead of just collecting gear for them.

I should get back to the Coldain Prayer Shawl. I think I’m up to the 4th but need to grind Tailoring a bit.

I spent a lot of time collecting gear for alts. Now that my Bard is 60, I haven't been playing that character and finally leveling up alts. I think as soon as I get some time to play, I'm going to try working on my Bard epic. JUst trying to find things I enjoy. If I stop enjoying it, try something else.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Ok, I feel dumb, how the hell do you /who all a guild now? Used to be able to put the guild in quotes if it was multiple words but that no longer seems to function correctly, actually I can't seem to who all a guild at all even if it's a single word

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

MF_James posted:

Ok, I feel dumb, how the hell do you /who all a guild now? Used to be able to put the guild in quotes if it was multiple words but that no longer seems to function correctly, actually I can't seem to who all a guild at all even if it's a single word

yea i think they just removed some of the functions the /who command used to have, you cant check other zones with it anymore either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Wow just 6-manned cleric ragefire, some stuff is so much easier now it's funny.