Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Tiaer posted:

Didn't Jeffrey Katzenberg, a huge DNC donor, prop up The Young Turks? Glenn Greenwald has talked about it a lot.

That guy suuuucks

He would like to see thr homeless of LA mulched and also I guess he was lovely during his time as a Disney executive in an artistic sense but that's unsurprising because executives in media companies are usually uniformly poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

shrike82 posted:

lol if you argue yourself into a position where hasan is a grifter but chapo isn't
He'll only stop being a grifter if he does voice acting for Disco Elysium 2.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

A Buttery Pastry posted:

He'll only stop being a grifter if he does voice acting for Disco Elysium 2.

i think they cut the chapos from DE

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

dasha was better than the replacement

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

i say swears online posted:

he definitely got his career from connections there, but afaik hasan and cenk are estranged. he dunks on cenk's twitter meltdowns on stream

Theyre not estranged lol.

Cenk and Hasan both sold out years ago (kind of like AOC), and by far the worst thing about them is how they pretend otherwise. Their roles are to get votes for the Democratic Party that is literally the purpose of their careers now.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

paranoid randroid posted:

i think they cut the chapos from DE
They did. That others unmade their contributions to the betterment of mankind does not change that they did it in the first place.

MLSM posted:

Theyre not estranged lol.

Cenk and Hasan both sold out years ago (kind of like AOC), and by far the worst thing about them is how they pretend otherwise. Their roles are to get votes for the Democratic Party that is literally the purpose of their careers now.
I'm not at all into the TYT lore, was it ever so radical that you could argue that shilling for the democrats is selling out? Or does it just look like that because you assume someone using the rhetoric Hasan does used to be more radical, and evolved into a sell-out? Rather than say, a shill leaning into "radical" rhetoric because it sells?

CredulousAtBest
Oct 4, 2020
My name is CredulousAtBest. Glenn Greenwald constantly owning me has resulted in my prodromal schizophrenia, so please be polite when you deal with psychotic breaks and kindly nod to my unintelligible tripe.
i mean on one hand its nice to have a popular influencer who isnt a nazi and at least pays some lip service to lefty ideals

on the other he seems like a loving prick and I have no idea how anyone watches his streams :shrug:

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

did he ever beat the nameless king

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

did he ever beat the nameless king

Yeah, I think he said if they showed an Elden Ring trailer at e3 or summer games fest or whatever, that hed beat the nameless king, so he did.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
i like hasan but I only watch the highlight clips on youtube

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I'm not at all into the TYT lore, was it ever so radical that you could argue that shilling for the democrats is selling out? Or does it just look like that because you assume someone using the rhetoric Hasan does used to be more radical, and evolved into a sell-out? Rather than say, a shill leaning into "radical" rhetoric because it sells?

Before 2016 TYT believed what they preached. Then the prospect of a Trump Presidency broke Cenks brain so much he demanded a vote for :shillary:. Trumps inevitable win broke him further, and that is when he sold out for millions to big DNC money in order to stop Orange MegaHitler. He also thinks American Democracy is real despite all evidence to the contrary.

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

I like Hasan because hes a good entertainer. As long as you dont make him more than that youre fine

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

I mean they're all entertainment products. Maybe it's good in some abstract sense that there are more left-ish voices out there that might pull a few directionless young men away from the alt-right but no one is "doing praxis" or whatever. hasan or the chapo guys or truanon or whoever might have some insights or interesting takes on something or other but they're still just making an entertainment product. you're listening for/paying for the feeling of being right or being mad at the dems or laughing at a bit.

it's not bad, that's what this stuff is for. you should just be aware that it's for you, nothing in the wider world is being fixed by it. if it galvanizes you to go actually do something in the real world that's very cool, but that's again just an individual thing.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
If your entire politics are derived from some podcast, twitter, a youtuber, or some other entertainer you are probably the r word.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

AnimeIsTrash posted:

If your entire politics are derived from some podcast, twitter, a youtuber, or some other entertainer you are probably the r word.

"right", as in correct

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

MLSM posted:

Before 2016 TYT believed what they preached. Then the prospect of a Trump Presidency broke Cenks brain so much he demanded a vote for :shillary:. Trumps inevitable win broke him further, and that is when he sold out for millions to big DNC money in order to stop Orange MegaHitler. He also thinks American Democracy is real despite all evidence to the contrary.
Alright. Hasan doesn't appear to have had his brain broken in the same way though, being a Trump-loving Bernie Bro.

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Alright. Hasan doesn't appear to have had his brain broken in the same way though, being a Trump-loving Bernie Bro.

what

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

What's a grayname?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

What is bait in this context

Harvey Birdman
Oct 21, 2012

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

What's a grayname?

not much what's grayname with you

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Mr. Lobe posted:

What is bait in this context

people trolling him by @'ing him in chat with something that'll set him off. he intentionally looks for bad comments so he can fly into a fury for a bit. they call it 'stunlocking' him. it sucks up time so hasan's fine with it, a poisonous symbiotic relationship

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

What's a grayname?

new users that haven't set a chat color for their display name. exact same connotation as the 'stupid newbie' av here

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

i say swears online posted:

new users that haven't set a chat color for their display name. exact same connotation as the 'stupid newbie' av here

ty

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

trump is pretty cool and funny i likd him

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

miniscule12 posted:

It's a national tragedy they took his twitter away from us.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

It's a national tragedy they took his twitter away from us.

Frumply
Dec 7, 2004

lol

no idea who this guy is but i'm pretty sure he browbeat people to vote for JOE

hasan is BEB!!!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I like Hasan.
I do not like Donald Trump.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

miniscule12 posted:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

a.lo posted:

I like Hasan.
I do not like Donald Trump.

That's not what your 500 posts in the trump thread say.

CredulousAtBest
Oct 4, 2020
My name is CredulousAtBest. Glenn Greenwald constantly owning me has resulted in my prodromal schizophrenia, so please be polite when you deal with psychotic breaks and kindly nod to my unintelligible tripe.

AnimeIsTrash posted:

That's not what your 500 posts in the trump thread say.

oh youre serious lol

have you posted the phrase "rent free" in the last 24 hrs

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Hasan was really good today.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

CredulousAtBest posted:

oh youre serious lol

have you posted the phrase "rent free" in the last 24 hrs

:pwn:

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
When I watch this guy I has an erection

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

its fuckin epic to be a trump thread guy and have serious opinions about which internet celebrity advocated to vote for joe biden

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

a.lo posted:

Hasan was really good today.

yeah he had a lot of insight on the assassination attempt of takeshi and his rant against chat was really epic.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

AnimeIsTrash posted:

what if theyre derived from the synthesis of several podcasts, twitters, youtubers, or some other entertainers?

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

I guess the joke's on me then because I can yell about dsa and play video games but haven't been able to turn that into millions

Still totally mind boggling to me that people enjoy this stuff though. I get if you are insanely invested in esports (lol) or whatever you could appreciate video gamers you followed like it was spring training or whatever but why would you watch if you're not all in on that stuff? Like if you went to someone's place and they just talked at you and played video games while you sat there and watched you'd never go back. or at least I wouldn't. I don't know man I guess this is what getting old is. millions of people love this stuff and watch it every day and it just feels like the biggest, stupidest waste of time ever to me. at least watching paint dry would give you a chance to meditate and introspect but this stuff just fills all your channels with noise. don't get it.

we get it you are a old rear end boomer

babypolis has issued a correction as of 18:10 on Sep 6, 2021

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

people doing social activities? ON THE INTERNET? what the tittyfucking cheesemongering jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

social activities like watching someone play a video game while you and a thousand other people copy paste yeet simp poggers at no one until you give yourself prodromal schizophrenia