Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

OwlFancier posted:

A lot of the US is basically English anyway.

False. Anywhere you go in America you're almost certainly safe from soccer hooligans rambling about grimpimbley shamhamsters pifftossing they rogertart bumbleshanks, right-o.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Uncanny

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Mr. Crow posted:

I'd much rather live in Ohio

Well, now we know a bot is posting on these forums. No real human has ever said these words.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

LifeSunDeath posted:

the reason is, it's terrible pizza.

Better than pizza hut, and it's $5.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Mr. Crow posted:

Scandinavian spotted.

I've been to half those places I'd much rather live in Ohio

Good eye.

I honestly didn't mean that y'all were so far up your rear end that you didn't know the rest of the world existed, sorry about being so snarky. It's just weird seeing everyone discussing places to live and all of them are in USA.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure we don't have anywhere worse than California in Europe, unless you want to count rural Svalbard in the winter or England or something.

Actually I really should stop posting for a while.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
If you put a Hot N Ready in the toaster oven for five minutes then it's edible.

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

BonHair posted:

unless you want to count rural Svalbard in the winter or England or something.

:drat::respek::britain:

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

the grimmest thing you can say about america is that the UK is our future

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Stexils posted:

the grimmest thing you can say about america is that the UK is our future

Healthcare at last

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Shoes are on the wrong feet what the gently caress

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

BonHair posted:

Anyway, I'm pretty sure we don't have anywhere worse than California in Europe, unless you want to count rural Svalbard in the winter or England or something.

:drat:

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Amphigory posted:

Shoes are on the wrong feet what the gently caress

Oh you don't know about shoesies switchies?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Pretty much the only foreign place I'd move to is Slovenia and that's just cause I got family there

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Lmao so true

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

LifeSunDeath posted:

lol imagine being salty about california.

hate to break it to ya but everywhere else sucks more.

message received, exfiltration will commence shortly

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Semi-Protato posted:

No one's actually from Colorado except for the mountain loonies who voted for Lauren Boebert. Everyone else moved there from either Wisconsin or California because the foothills is their outdoorsy promised land and now won't shut up about being from Colorado like it's their whole personality.

Harsh but true.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

BonHair posted:

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

England isn't in Europe.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

FreudianSlippers posted:

England isn't in Europe.

England is not an island either.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Also Anglos aren't actual people

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Toast sandwich is not food.

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019
england doesn't exist

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

No. 1 ANIME HATER posted:

False. Anywhere you go in America you're almost certainly safe from soccer hooligans rambling about grimpimbley shamhamsters pifftossing they rogertart bumbleshanks, right-o.

That's true, while anywhere you go in England you're almost certainly safe from getting shot repeatedly

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

some plague rats posted:

That's true, while anywhere you go in England you're almost certainly safe from getting shot repeatedly

might be a fair trade to have some decent food, tbh

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I'd honestly rather be shot than eat English food or be near an Englishman

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

BonHair posted:

Do Americans even realize that places outside America exist? Like, Denmark is pretty nice, and so is the Netherlands. Iran has some pretty good places to live as well, as does New Zealand, Japan and a bunch of other places.

It's just weird that you go straight to comparisons to other American states instead of considering the rest of the world.

It’s funny because no one ever says this to Canadians or Russians despite them doing the same thing really. I think people don’t really grasp just how big the USA actually is. If you live in Germany, a 6 hour drive will get you to potentially 5 other countries with distinct cultures and languages no matter where you start.

5 hours in the USA barely gets you to the other end of the state you started from usually.

Leaving the USA, much less crossing it, is incredibly expensive and a long ordeal. I would not be surprised if 90% of Americans never leave it. Out of 360 odd million people, that’s a lot who have no other context of the rest of the world.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

wasn't this the original wording of the declaration of independence

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

winston churchill sighed as he drew his lee-enfield

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

dialhforhero posted:

It’s funny because no one ever says this to Canadians or Russians despite them doing the same thing really. I think people don’t really grasp just how big the USA actually is. If you live in Germany, a 6 hour drive will get you to potentially 5 other countries with distinct cultures and languages no matter where you start.

5 hours in the USA barely gets you to the other end of the state you started from usually.

Leaving the USA, much less crossing it, is incredibly expensive and a long ordeal. I would not be surprised if 90% of Americans never leave it. Out of 360 odd million people, that’s a lot who have no other context of the rest of the world.

I've met multiple Europeans who thought they'd be able to day trip from the coasts to like... Chicago or Texas.

lol

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

^^lmao that is the absolute truth, it seems like Europeans can’t even conceive of a drive longer than 8 hours

Question: what is the California of Europe?

Follow up question: what is the Ohio of Europe? My money’s on Poland, or maybe Lithuania.

Bibliotechno Music has a new favorite as of 02:41 on Sep 6, 2021

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?

Bibliotechno Music posted:

^^lmao that is the absolute truth, it seems like Europeans can’t even conceive of a drive longer than 8 hours

Question: what is the California of Europe?

Follow up question: what is the Ohio of Europe? My money’s on Poland, or maybe Lithuania.

France is the California, Bosnia is the Ohio.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
As an immigrant fled to UK from an actual, unironic facism and religious totalitarianism: y'all are just trippin' about it

That being said, if Murica had universal healthcare and less gun happy I would've lived there despite getting almost mugged/murdered in the NYC subway by a rather charming fellow who described, in detail, how he is going to cut me and put my meat in a skewer and eat me unless I give him money on like literally the first day. He didn't rob me on gunpoint and left me alone when I said I don't have any change so I guess that's good.

But Waffle House was good, so was Nawlins even though it was five million degrees and 275% humidity in August.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Irradiation posted:

I've met multiple Europeans who thought they'd be able to day trip from the coasts to like... Chicago or Texas.

In a similar vein, it's always hilarious to me when CHUDs are talking about immigrants and are like "America is full"

If you've ever driven or flown from New Orleans to Seattle, or Chicago to California, you know that America is empty as gently caress.

There is a zillion square miles of just nothingness once you're more than 30 miles from the oceans/great lakes.

For Euro goons, just imagine Europe if there was only like a million really weird English hooligans living between Portugal and Moscow and nothing else. Just a complete void and every 300 kilometers there's a gas station run by the crustiest, most deranged Englishman.

The western US is deeply unsettling.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Silly Newbie posted:

France is the California, Bosnia is the Ohio.

France is too homogenous and way way more racist than CA (source: my husband’s wildly racist French grandmother, she could hardly stand Germanic peoples let alone POC). May I suggest Portugal?

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Paladinus posted:

England is not an island either.

:sad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?

Bibliotechno Music posted:

France is too homogenous and way way more racist than CA (source: my husband’s wildly racist French grandmother, she could hardly stand Germanic peoples let alone POC). May I suggest Portugal?

I couldn't see Portugal - people actively want to live in California, and it's an industrial and commercial juggernaut.
Remember that California gets super lovely and racist as soon as you get more than like 30 miles from the ocean. Or away from like three key cities.