Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Shiroc posted:

'Don't scold the kids' I guess based on his later tweets in an extremely 'Open Biden for everyone, actually' way.

is this what ‘the online left’ is now

calling everyone scolds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Any suggestions for games for the pandemic?

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Ice Phisherman posted:

The Ascent was mindless pretty poo poo.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Sphyre posted:

pour one out for covid thread poster unfortunatesexfart, melbourne has fallen

:rip: to me. Wondering when I should start pressuring full time WFH again like last year. Technically possible but will inconvenience others who have to stay in the office.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Gio posted:

is this what ‘the online left’ is now

calling everyone scolds

Let people enjoy things like superspreader events ant taking up icu beds.

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

At this point I've accepted we'll get it eventually and it's just delaying the inevitable.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
The vaccine breakdown at all the schools here is basically “teachers are mostly vaccinated, Ed techs mostly are not” and I really hate that because if your kid is in the regular track they get to mostly interact with vaccinated adults but if your kid has special needs or health issues? sorry kid.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

inn the end, all people upon this pale blue dot
go out like stan

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Ice Phisherman posted:

far cry new dawn for a vision of neo america

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

The vaccine breakdown at all the schools here is basically “teachers are mostly vaccinated, Ed techs mostly are not” and I really hate that because if your kid is in the regular track they get to mostly interact with vaccinated adults but if your kid has special needs or health issues? sorry kid.

lol who cares? in a couple months the vaccines wont do poo poo to prevent symptomatic breakthrough infections

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Ice Phisherman posted:

I’ve been enjoying FFXIV but went a little too HAM and burnt out on it.

If you want to combine being physically active and playing bideo james, I like BeatSaber and SynthRiders in VR.

To release all of my pent up doom energy, I play Phasmophobia and scream about ghosts.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

brb making plans for when I get covid

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Ice Phisherman posted:

ghost of Tsushima is fantastic and the directors cut just came out (I got three hours in and stopped for the special addition, starting that this week). I’ve also got horizon zero dawn, god of war and skyward sword to play on my switch…

and I’ve never beaten Skyrim or fallout 4. and I own both so I’m pretty stoked.

I just beat both sub Nautica. those are super fun base building games.

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019

Ice Phisherman posted:

Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord is pretty playable, though you can see where they need to do more.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

i learned how to speedrun super metroid

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

Ice Phisherman posted:

I play Apex Legends quite a bit, it's a Battle Royale game so it really drives in how little control you have in the chaos of everything. The grapple robot is fun to play and accurately represents me as someone who can only lmao in the face of unfathomable bloodshed.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

UnknownTarget posted:

At this point I've accepted we'll get it eventually and it's just delaying the inevitable.

the real question is how many times you get it

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I've been playing the PS5 Ratchet and Clank and enjoying it a lot. Its also ridiculously gorgeous.

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Solarin posted:

the real question is how many times you get it

As many times as it takes for you to die, prole.

Next question!

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

Crazypoops posted:

Yeah, I've decided I need to make my life as good as I can, I suppose I'm lucky in that I'm perfectly happy being inside and playing old snes roms. I'm going to try to get healthy, I've been coping by drinking too much and eating too much but this is never going away, this is how things are now. I have to face up to it and start taking care of myself.

Yeah, I think on some level I was waiting for covid to be over (lol) even though I knew better. Maybe it just took a couple months for it to sink post vax escape confirmation that we were just going to ignore the fact that the vaccine wasn’t an actual miracle, that covid was actually mutating to be worse, that people at every level of decision making and power were just going to give in and declare victory, regardless of the consequences. I need to stop waiting and just go about my business, while Covid does its thing in the background.

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,

Ice Phisherman posted:

The Forgotten City was the most fun I've had in years

Ceramic Shot
Dec 21, 2006

The stars aren't in the right places.
Can someone post a non-anecdotal source about Ivermectin overdose resulting in temporary blindness in humans? I've seen a tons of anecdotal posts about it, as well as research specific to animals, but haven't been able to find any sources, especially specific to human consumption. I get why data would tend to be lacking here, but want something substantial to offer doubters.

edit: wording

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Ice Phisherman posted:

Civ 6 is endlessly replayable.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Pillowpants posted:

Once kids start getting sick em masse all across the country, I can’t imagine society will continue to function as it has been right?

why will anyone care?

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
stolen from pyf tweets

https://twitter.com/KBSpangler/status/1434158811317735424

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

triple sulk posted:

please label people with cspam poster names

Let's Play: COVID Fortress

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Ice Phisherman posted:

Want to narrow that down some or anything

The only real answer is Tetris effect

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

durrneez posted:

I’ve been enjoying FFXIV but went a little too HAM and burnt out on it.

If you want to combine being physically active and playing bideo james, I like BeatSaber and SynthRiders in VR.

To release all of my pent up doom energy, I play Phasmophobia and scream about ghosts.

I too got into FFXIV over the pandemic and it's been great. there's a billion things to do in the game and most of them are not playing the main story.

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

Nocturtle posted:

Can't read Hebrew, do you know if the case rates in each group are calculated wrt the size of each group or the overall population? The latter makes drawing any conclusion difficult.

The site isn't explicit but it appears to be per 100,000 citizens. Graphs themselves say:

Left: active patients
Bottom: age group

Left: critical patients
Bottom: dates (in Israel it is day first, then month)

Left: deaths
Bottom: dates

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

One of my confirmed horse paste munching unvaccinated relatives was announced to have "the symptoms" today but I doubt they go get tested unless they end up hospitalized or whatever

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Consummate Professional posted:

I too got into FFXIV over the pandemic and it's been great. there's a billion things to do in the game and most of them are not playing the main story.

the real game is creating the perfect clownsuit glam

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Consummate Professional posted:

YEAH! I really like that there’s so much to do (because the main storyline is a major snooze fest for me). in-game currency is so plentiful so the game is very forgiving when it comes to spending money on stupid poo poo. I like that I can just log in for like an hour and actually get stuff done… or spend it playing Triple Triad.

Lord of Pie posted:

the real game is creating the perfect clownsuit glam

LOL

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Phigs posted:

I was suicidally depressed for a very long time. To get out of it I had to learn to love myself. To learn to love myself I had to internalize the idea that every human being, including myself, has inherent value that is never diminished by anything. That every human deserves life and love and happiness. It worked and I was able to feel happiness again. But now humans are just jumping off the COVID cliff and I can't tear myself away from the horrific spectacle and it's painful and kinda loving with me to be honest.

So jokes on me I guess.

I don’t want to diminish what you’ve said because not killing yourself is a great thing. however, just this afternoon I was wondering if everyone saying, “I deserve to be happy,” is what’s doing all this…?
in so much as going to Applebee’s makes them happy

i am harry fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Sep 6, 2021

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Lovelyn posted:

The site isn't explicit but it appears to be per 100,000 citizens. Graphs themselves say:

Left: active patients
Bottom: age group

Left: critical patients
Bottom: dates (in Israel it is day first, then month)

Left: deaths
Bottom: dates

these numbers are bonkers good and its incredible that a third shot might genuinely all thats needed for most people to be safe from delta lmao

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
ive been into painting plastic elfs. i kind of like it that its analogue and gets me offline

Also as always, if you're feeling isolated and really down, please reach out to people. Ultimately we get through this together and lifting each other up the best we can.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Oh once this mental barrier I've completely made up people will start to take this seriously right?

Surely people cannot live with themselves when this completely arbitrary goal post I've set up in my mind only has been passed.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Idk if were waiting for society to collectively wake up end this virus I think that's waiting for a bus that ain't coming. Don't really know how to confront that myself. Since we've opened Biden I've felt different ways about how much isolation is or isn't necessary and I'm just tired. Hard to really feel like anything is worth it when everyone you knows thinks events like Lolla were a nothingburger.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I’m getting through this by watching dumb horror movies on a nightly basis.

part of me wants to arm myself to the gills to protect myself from chuds during societal collapse, but I also recognize that I’ve got no marketable apocalypse skills and I’m too fat to run away from people…so I’m just going to sit here doomscrolling and hoping for the asteroid to finally come

Pillowpants fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Sep 6, 2021

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

My covid escape has surprisingly been (to me) comic books. Something about regressing mentally and wishing for heroes. These are bleak times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Wolfy posted:

Idk if were waiting for society to collectively wake up end this virus I think that's waiting for a bus that ain't coming. Don't really know how to confront that myself. Since we've opened Biden I've felt different ways about how much isolation is or isn't necessary and I'm just tired. Hard to really feel like anything is worth it when everyone you knows thinks events like Lolla were a nothingburger.

ive been thinking the same thing recently. i mean this shits never gonna end. i ended strict isolation around march but even still im not playing hockey which is what i really want to do.