Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
It's still there. I just had the name wrong. The creator's name is Ziddan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
I'll just do everyone a favor and link it:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4915447

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Apologies, I just wasn't sure whether it crossed a "files" line or not to link it outright.

It's not something that ever existed in plastic so it's all original work and not just a recast. The card one is 20 decades out of print. Plus he's not charging for it. But the guy still outright copied a design owned by GW so I dunno.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Seems like a generic ork fort to me!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Excellent! I'd worried that they already shoved it down the 404 hole

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

We've got a filament printer at work that should handle that nicely.

In further good news, I have a tracking number for my compendium, but not the big box.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

It crosses a :files: line if it's ripping off copyrights or trademarks, or if it comes close enough to that area where it'd take moderators too much time to figure it out. We don't allow links to sites that are sorta borderline; but thingiverse has millions of patterns, it's not "a GW ripoff site" or even "a GW-compatible mini's site, wink wink" so I'll allow it.

Those graphics on the front are very reminiscent of GW's orc iconography, but I don't think that iconography is copyrighted or trademarked (or able to be), it's too generic.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
orkz making forts

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Leperflesh posted:

It crosses a :files: line if it's ripping off copyrights or trademarks, or if it comes close enough to that area where it'd take moderators too much time to figure it out. We don't allow links to sites that are sorta borderline; but thingiverse has millions of patterns, it's not "a GW ripoff site" or even "a GW-compatible mini's site, wink wink" so I'll allow it.

Those graphics on the front are very reminiscent of GW's orc iconography, but I don't think that iconography is copyrighted or trademarked (or able to be), it's too generic.

Thanks for the clarification. Navigating 3D printing is weird because oftentimes it has nothing to do with piracy or the intent to avoid GW pricing, but just finding something cool or recreating something that hasn't been available in ages. I kind of wish GW had a legacy division, but I understand why that would be logistically impractical for them.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Their cast-on-demand figures really should be that legacy branch - it's still kind of amazing to me that they didn't open up the back library more than they did.

Even at premium GW one-off-casting prices, things like the Spyrer Matriarch / Patriarch and Tomb Kings would be cheaper than what the resellers are asking.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

moths posted:

Their cast-on-demand figures really should be that legacy branch - it's still kind of amazing to me that they didn't open up the back library more than they did.

Even at premium GW one-off-casting prices, things like the Spyrer Matriarch / Patriarch and Tomb Kings would be cheaper than what the resellers are asking.

I can only assume the costs with having a full time team in England can’t justify it.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

It seems like something you could do with a less-full staff, since it's essentially what smaller companies do all the time.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

moths posted:

It seems like something you could do with a less-full staff, since it's essentially what smaller companies do all the time.

Yeah I feel like it could be a profitable venture, but probably not as much profit as GW would want

moths
Aug 25, 2004

For sure.

It might be more valuable as a gauge to what people want to buy, but I'm not sure they're ready for that answer to be Green Knights, BFG ships, Amazons, and Diggaz.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

The Soviet ROKS-2 flamethrower was diesgnied to look like a Mosin with a normal backpack at range, that way the soldiers carrying them wouldn't be directly targeted while trying to get close enough to actually use th things.

So I did the same:

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Finished assembling my Intercessors for Kill Team, just as my core book arrived (I can't be having with buying the entire compendium just to use a fraction of it, so :files: there I guess).

Subtle modifications have been made 😁

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

LazyAngel posted:

Finished assembling my Intercessors for Kill Team, just as my core book arrived (I can't be having with buying the entire compendium just to use a fraction of it, so :files: there I guess).

Subtle modifications have been made 😁

Nice! Are those the standard heroic scale heads?

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Z the IVth posted:

Nice! Are those the standard heroic scale heads?

The large ones, raised a little with putty. Standard ones would work with regular marines, but would likely be too small for Primaris.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
I am not sure if my friend is bad at resin printing, if his resin printer just isn't great, or if this is just how resin printing is, but the model is very "hairy". I've spent a decent amount of times plucking off the most obvious strands, but I feel like being too aggressive could unravel the whole fort like a sweater in an episode of Looney Tunes. The final product is fine overall, but I definitely rushed the paint job because I just didn't see the point in putting a ton of time and effort into something that was always going to be hugely flawed. It remains pretty impressive as long as you don't look at it too closely.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

They might suck at resin printing, but they ain't half bad at FDM printing. Very cool fort, wish I knew where my family heirloom gorkamorka stuff ended up.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Shoot, I knew I was going to mix that up.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Atlas Hugged posted:

I am not sure if my friend is bad at resin printing, if his resin printer just isn't great, or if this is just how resin printing is, but the model is very "hairy". I've spent a decent amount of times plucking off the most obvious strands, but I feel like being too aggressive could unravel the whole fort like a sweater in an episode of Looney Tunes. The final product is fine overall, but I definitely rushed the paint job because I just didn't see the point in putting a ton of time and effort into something that was always going to be hugely flawed. It remains pretty impressive as long as you don't look at it too closely.

If you're talking about the thin strands that you get from the printer not retracting the plastic enough while moving over gaps... yeah, that's usually not much to worry about, I think most of that would come off with some light sandpaper. As long as the print itself doesn't feel weak or flimsy, you should be fine. If it held up enough to paint, you should be good. When a filament roll goes bad, it's usually VERY noticeable and incredibly brittle (as in, you probably wouldn't have been able to paint it brittle).

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Randalor posted:

If you're talking about the thin strands that you get from the printer not retracting the plastic enough while moving over gaps... yeah, that's usually not much to worry about, I think most of that would come off with some light sandpaper. As long as the print itself doesn't feel weak or flimsy, you should be fine. If it held up enough to paint, you should be good. When a filament roll goes bad, it's usually VERY noticeable and incredibly brittle (as in, you probably wouldn't have been able to paint it brittle).

There were definitely sections that were fraying, usually long flat areas, or like the rungs of the ladders.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

A heat gun on 200 degrees waved briefly over the affected area zaps away FDM hairs a treat. I used to have a lot of problems with oozing and spiking until I fiddled with my slicer settings.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Atlas Hugged posted:

There were definitely sections that were fraying, usually long flat areas, or like the rungs of the ladders.

Ooooooh, like the bottom few layers had filament that was sagging down? That's probably due to improper or lack of supports under those sections then.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

played kill team today and it was very fun. chaos daemons seem incredibly strong. six bloodletters and six pink horrors seems like it would be hard for a lot of factions to deal with. Repentia are completely insane, only being able to block their attacks with your own crits is brutal to deal with. Melee feels great, much more drama in general than in Big 40k.

DrDraxium
Dec 2, 2002

Plz state the nature of the medical emergency

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

played kill team today and it was very fun. chaos daemons seem incredibly strong. six bloodletters and six pink horrors seems like it would be hard for a lot of factions to deal with. Repentia are completely insane, only being able to block their attacks with your own crits is brutal to deal with. Melee feels great, much more drama in general than in Big 40k.

How was the general flow of the game? Feels nice and natural?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Space Marines being able to double shoot is pretty drat gnarly. Reivers are probably the best marines by a longshot, with auto rifle intercessors a close second.

I think every team has some sauce and cool flavor to them. Like how tau stealth suits are basically the Predator because you can't shoot them at all unless the tau player is a moron. The best way to deal with them is to punch them in the face but you risk eating some burst cannon shots at point blank.

I want to put together a Custodes team just for fun to watch one charge a dude, kill them in fighting, shoot another dude, then dash behind a wall. Or just have a shield guy hang out in engage order all game as he tanks every shot you throw at him.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
Finally finished up Mir Kainan and his Reapers, looking forward to getting these guys on the table.

Vulpes Vulpes fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Sep 6, 2021

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

DrDraxium posted:

How was the general flow of the game? Feels nice and natural?

i found dealing with the conceal/engage order tokens was tedious. We often forgot to flip them or bring them along. I think that's my only major complaint.
I'm not sure if we were overcomplicating the melee but figuring out the optimal strategy for parry/strike seemed to take a while. It seemed like if you just hastily matched dice you could miss out on damage without realizing. Dealing with Repentia and their crit shenanigans made this take longer than it otherwise would have.

It does feel pretty natural once you have got going and have figured out the shapes.

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016
I apparently missed the boat being about a month late to buy the new Delaque gang tactics cards. I can't even find an entry on the GW page anymore. It has been super frustrating to try to get my hands on gang tactics cards, is there a place I can get all these card rulings to try to make a randomized set of them?

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Nunes posted:

I apparently missed the boat being about a month late to buy the new Delaque gang tactics cards. I can't even find an entry on the GW page anymore. It has been super frustrating to try to get my hands on gang tactics cards, is there a place I can get all these card rulings to try to make a randomized set of them?
The cards are all based off the tactics tables in the back of the gang books now. You can roll or choose from the list, instead of trying to hunt down card packs that sell out immediately.

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016
Fantastic, thank you.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

And then look at the Repentia Superior's special action. For 1Ap she can give a Repentia Sister +1APL and plus 2" to her movement characteristic. Move 8 ". Charge 11". Fight. You get two of those a turn, and those crazy women soak wounds on a 5. I like the heavy gunner option for having 2 squads of battle sisters, and Sister Superior has some great weapon options, but I think I need a Repentia fire team and soon.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Unfortunately, you can't move or dash and then charge.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

Finally finished up Mir Kainan and his Reapers, looking forward to getting these guys on the table.

love them. the axe blade looks great in particular

Scandalous
Jul 16, 2009
really enjoying Nu Kill Team so far, played 4 games with my other half, starting simple and bringing in more rules as we go. the alternating activations help keep us both engaged, we agree streamlining of tactics/stratagems is an improvement, and while i miss my 12 Angry Plasmamen i can’t pretend it was a good rule system to encourage that kind of build. the new fire team / kill team rules in the compendium are simple and fun

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

just got my copy of the 1995 warhammer quest and i played it for the first time last night (fantastic). i've found a bunch of fan made warrior profiles/stats but i'm looking for a reiksguard type warrior. anyone have any ideas of where i could find a landsknecht-type warrior stat that would work with an empire greatsword vintage model? basically i really want to play through as markus kruber

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

jarofpiss posted:

just got my copy of the 1995 warhammer quest and i played it for the first time last night (fantastic). i've found a bunch of fan made warrior profiles/stats but i'm looking for a reiksguard type warrior. anyone have any ideas of where i could find a landsknecht-type warrior stat that would work with an empire greatsword vintage model? basically i really want to play through as markus kruber

You could pretty easily re-skin the old Bretonnian Questing Knight warrior pack, which is quite similar in concept already. Going a step further you could make a couple of tweaks to the rules, maybe reduce the value of his armour by one point and increase the damage of his sword, or give him a once-per-adventure ability that makes him automatically do max damage on a deathblow (due to cleaving through something with his zweihander.)

The knightly quest stuff would need some more thought on how to make it fit though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

jarofpiss posted:

Maybe this would work? http://imperialvault.co.uk/warhammer-quest-rules/warhammer-quest-warriors/empire-knight-templar/