Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
So I live in like a 3 story townhouse with poo poo heat management and have been using fans to make sure it's liveable.

Im acutely aware now of what good ventilation and air exchange feels like.

Zero places have proper ventilation.

Edit - double snipe

gently caress da cdc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1434735722183938048?s=20

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Truniht posted:

So what is Fauci's endgame?

Is he just really, really dumb or is someone pressuring him to sweep corpses under the rug or what?

make it to the next sunrise.

tomorrow his goal will be the same.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Ice Phisherman posted:

Any suggestions for games for the pandemic?

Death Stranding is about a global pandemic

being a delivery man to people who are bunkered down

being alone for long stretches of time and learning to be okay with it

getting into fist fights with porch pirates

Last of Us 2 is a game about really wallowing in depression and anger during a global pandemic

in case you are the type that needs to wallow in poo poo to get it out of your system

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Sep 6, 2021

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
I suggest poetry. I’ve gotten way into Paul Valery and Williamm Stafford and rediscovered an appreciation for Antonio Machado and Jim Harrison.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/SpiritofHo/status/1434535956485484550?s=20

I normally post bad tweets so I want to clarify this is a good tweet

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
hey I’m getting caught up on the last 4 pages but I guess Tom Brady had covid in February

and is… vaccinated? but doesn’t want to announce it because he has chud fans

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/05/us/tom-brady-covid/index.html

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Sep 6, 2021

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Melbourne is losing its giant ferris wheel permanently after many months of restrictions keeping it closed and no end in sight/no international travel.

https://twitter.com/7NewsMelbourne/status/1434727351829422086?s=19

Took these photoe from it on my third day here. Rip

I have never been to the Melbourne Star despite being in Melbourne and it looks exactly like the London Eye

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Truniht posted:

So what is Fauci's endgame?

Is he just really, really dumb or is someone pressuring him to sweep corpses under the rug or what?

check out his foia emails lol

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
can anyone vet this

https://www.scholarsresearchlibrary...is-patients.pdf

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Steve Yun posted:

hey I’m getting caught up on the last 4 pages but I guess Tom Brady had covid in February

and is… vaccinated? but doesn’t want to announce it because he has chud fans

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/05/us/tom-brady-covid/index.html

it was weird, everyone thought he wouldn't get vaccinated because he's a health nut, but that's exactly WHY he would get vaccinated

he was talking a lot last year about how each team's response to Covid was gonna matter a lot and he was right, guess he got lax after we won the SB

Meat Miracle
Oct 24, 2010

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Melbourne is losing its giant ferris wheel permanently after many months of restrictions keeping it closed and no end in sight/no international travel.

https://twitter.com/7NewsMelbourne/status/1434727351829422086?s=19

Rearrange the spokes to resemble a giant, ever-spinning covid virion as a monument to Vic's new master.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Rough Head is what the girls used to call me down at the docks

Dreadite
Dec 31, 2004

College Slice

skewetoo posted:

My covid escape has surprisingly been (to me) comic books. Something about regressing mentally and wishing for heroes. These are bleak times

maybe this is why i watched all of dragonball super

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Mola Yam posted:

lol that dumb fukken wheel was cursed from the start. terrible location, the support structure cracked with people in it causing months-long shutdowns (twice, I think), and even once it was back up and running only the most clueless tourists were going, they could barely give away tickets for most of the year.

also in a year or two some other company will buy it for peanuts and do the whole thing again, so it's not like they're dismantling it.

It wasn't the greatest location but what would be better? Somewhere near Albert Park I guess?

I liked it as a clueless tourist :(

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010
Aotearoa New Zealand now mandating masks and preventing crowding in unventilated spaces even in "almost certainly no covid in the community" Level 2
https://twitter.com/rnz_news/status/1434733017449177089?s=19

Reason given is that "delta is airborne"
Oh well, close enough.

At least by some miracle my government isn't trying to gaslight me into acting like everything's fine.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

nut alignment chart

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Atrocious Joe posted:

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

skewetoo posted:

What parties lol

superspreader football party

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Atrocious Joe posted:

Germany can take some blame too

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/sfchronicle/status/1434750775327068160?s=20

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

As someone who got denied a booster that pharmacist reddit is infuriating. gently caress every single one of those people complaining about the rules and poo poo during a pandemic, god forbid people try to keep themselves safe. God bless the posters in that thread who basically said they would vaccinate anyone who wanted it.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

it's like they get off on denying people medical treatment and deciding who's "worthy"

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Rubby posted:

HELLO FRIENDS

Since my unemployment runs out tomorrow and nobody at any level of government has talked about extending it COVID MUST WELL AND TRULY BE OVER!!

If you want to celebrate labor day with a capitalism - buy shirt here: :siren::siren::siren:https://rubby.threadless.com/designs/open-biden/mens/t-shirt/regular?variation=front&color=black:siren::siren::siren:

It is also available as a Greeting card! or a ....zip pouch ...I don't know why, that's super loving weird BUT IT MAKES AN INCREDIBLE GIFT FOR THE BRUNCH LIB IN YOUR LIFE to acknowledge and celebrate that COVID IS OVER

I am INCREDIBLY EXCITED to GET BACK OUT THERE secure in the knowledge that there is not a much more transmissible variant floating about and that our miracle vaccines will SAVE THE DAY no this is NOT me having a mental break PRAISE BE TO OPEN BIDEN
gently caress yeah :getin:

2-5 business days hurry the gently caress up

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

durrneez posted:

:qq: i fell for an unsourced quote againGODDAMNIT

in fairness those happened to really line up with the conversation in the thread

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

empty whippet box posted:

my covid escape has been world of warcraft classic lately but that just suddenly unexpectedly ended for good today

wait what happened to wow classic o.O

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Biowarfare posted:

thanks, i've successfully parsed your response as "min wage contractor 0 benefit 0 sick leave, finds out they're cleaning out an ebola patient's room from the grapevine two days after they do it"

more like "finds out they're exposed to ebola when the hospital tells them they're not coming in and not getting paid for the next 3 weeks"

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Soap Scum posted:

wait what happened to wow classic o.O

nothing, it's fine, but it's over for me

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Sunny Side Up posted:

we had one nearby family quarantining as hard as us, so mothers + same-age toddlers would go to public parks or walking together, but they're starting to take more and more risks so that relationship has changed as well
i loving hate this, we had to break ties with a long time family friend + their kids because they drank the open biden juice and started taking so many unnecessary risks

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

https://twitter.com/ConSelfOwns/status/1434707026945449986

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

bedpan posted:

I have no problem giving a 3rd shot to someone that claims to be immunocompromised but has no proof. My issue is trying to force us to do them all as walk ins while we are understaffed, even compared to the standard understaffing that has gone on with these retail companies for far too long. They should be appointment only. I refuse to do them as walk ins, with the rare exception of someone that legitimately has trouble traveling due to mobility issues and has come down without an appointment. They need to start up clinics again if they expect pharmacists to take this seriously since we are already struggling so much on the bench due to understaffing.

being a retail pharmacist sucks

why any of them have the energy to give a poo poo to be vaccine police idk

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Glumwheels posted:

I reply love the complete disregard over what families with kids under 12 are going through. It’s not just our fears about our kids getting COVID but how we’re coping with childcare or lack of support.
the building i live in had a 'community bbq' today
the whole building is childless, either young 20-something professionals or retired folks living out their days with their dogs/cats/etc
i went to take the garbage out and saw the tables setup, bbq's going, 20+ people, all maskless, mingling around tables and chairs and food
meanwhile i got garbage bags in my hands and a kf94 on my face
"oh hello! your family going to join us!?"
"yeah rather not. kids and all"
"oh it's okay, there's enough food for everyone!"
"no, they're too young to be vaccinated, soooo you know"
"ohhh, well it's okay, we are!"

lmao loving kill me

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

my maskless neighbors want to kill my family
anyways, i got some free food, which was nice

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

empty whippet box posted:

nothing, it's fine, but it's over for me

oh, i see. well, sucks, hope you find a good replacement somehow though

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Glumwheels posted:

I reply love the complete disregard over what families with kids under 12 are going through. It’s not just our fears about our kids getting COVID but how we’re coping with childcare or lack of support.
on the childcare support level,
as i got some food to bring back home
i had to explain the situation of taking my kid to school, my other kid to daycare, me and spouse working because open biden
all in time for a mad rush to somehow get the kids, get dinner made at a decent hour, get everyone to bed on time to do it all again the next day
all of them just "wow what" "that's rough" "oh wow it wasn't like that with my kids" (who are now 35+), etc etc etc
loving lmao time to pay rent
open biden motherfuckers

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

apatheticman posted:

So I live in like a 3 story townhouse with poo poo heat management and have been using fans to make sure it's liveable.

Im acutely aware now of what good ventilation and air exchange feels like.

Zero places have proper ventilation.

Edit - double snipe

gently caress da cdc

Fun apocalypse/pandemic winter project: fill your house with plants to scrub your air and help control the temperature in the summer.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

looks like our paranoid bullshit is indeed legit

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

it's extremely funny that pharmacists are convinced everyone is trying to scam a third shot, while a quarter of the population is still convinced the vaccine is poison

i guess it shows your position in society is going to impact your outlook

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

inferis posted:

got really sad this morning because I’m getting married tomorrow and it only just hit me that I’m never going to be able to have an actual wedding, I’m doing the paperwork tomorrow and when I had talked to my partner he had said we could do a ceremony sometime in the future but it’s like, either there is no time it’s possible in the future or if it is it’s just oh yeah we got married five years ago but come to our wedding, and that just seems super lame
bank the money you would have used on the wedding and have a really awesome honeymoon in 3+ years or so
me/spouse are bitter about our wedding because we wasted thousands on the joneses & family obligations when we could have used that cash to go do some awesome honeymoon fly to some private island in the south pacific or some poo poo. instead we paid lots of bills and had a very modest honeymoon