Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

bounce pad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Simply Simon posted:

I'm hashing out an 06 LP and yeah it's really drat bad lol what is even the question here. The core of Colours is obviously good, the port no matter how bad can't really change it.

Right, but some of the footage we're seeing is so bad you just can't engage with the game.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Dabir posted:

Right, but some of the footage we're seeing is so bad you just can't engage with the game.

Play it on a different console then, literally all the issues so far seem exclusive to the Switch version.

Granted, it’d be preferable if it ran well on every platform but maybe they’ll make a patch at some point.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Larryb posted:

Play it on a different console then, literally all the issues so far seem exclusive to the Switch version.

Granted, it’d be preferable if it ran well on every platform but maybe they’ll make a patch at some point.

Right, I played it on Wii. I'm just shooting the poo poo here.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The worst of those glitches are apparently someone playing on an emulator. A lot of reviewers have played through it on Switch without any of these issues.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

It probably barely existed before they announced it. The fact that they didn't show any Sonic 3K footage suggests that they hadn't even worked that stuff out before the trailer. And given the weird legal limbo the game's been in, it may have taken a long time to work poo poo out.

That's true and IIzuka has said as much, I just don't understand why they have to scramble to put this together when it's something the developers have wanted to do forever, people have been asking for forever and it's timed around a date that they've been routinely celebrating for twenty years - like, even putting aside the music issue, if they'd started the project when they allegedly delayed Colours Ultimate they could've had it done for the end of the year.

It's the safest, most low-risk thing imaginable and they're still going to fumble it.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Dabir posted:

Right, I played it on Wii. I'm just shooting the poo poo here.

I meant the remake but yeah, there isn’t exactly much new to the remake aside from the Tails tokens, new Wisp, and the fact you now have infinite lives so if you already own the Wii version there isn’t really much point in picking up Ultimate unless you really want to.

Also as mentioned most of these issues were due to someone playing on an emulator and I haven’t heard many complaints from people playing on an actual Switch so the whole thing may be a complete non-issue to begin with

Larryb fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Sep 6, 2021

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Blind_Squirrel_/status/1434660601800712197
(Sega just retweeted this)

https://twitter.com/Nintendo_NWR/status/1434554416007352321

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ah, well nice to know they’re making a patch at least

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Not shocked makes sense to patch it at Day 1

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

It's called SEGA because only SElect GAmes are good, and that list is getting more exclusive by the day

invlwhen
Jul 28, 2012

please do your best

flavor.flv posted:

It's called SEGA because only SElect GAmes are good, and that list is getting more exclusive by the day

it's called service games because the games need serviced

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

SEGA stands for SEmper GAmes

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Sega stands for SEizure GAmes

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Dear lord we (The SMT fandom) traded ATLUS the poorly run, possibly mob backed, company for this.

And, hey, wasn't SMT3's port something of a hot mess in general and a nuclear one on the switch?

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
I play SMT3 on Switch and it's fine?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It launched quite a bit earlier in Japan and that version had issues.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I just hope the new Monkey Ball game turns out okay.:smith:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

It's not like you can go much lower than Banana Blitz.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Banana Blitz was a weird choice to remake but I don't think they actually did a bad job, did they?

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Do kids just love hearing cartoon characters talking non-stop?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
The dopamine has to come from somewhere

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Banana Blitz was a weird choice to remake but I don't think they actually did a bad job, did they?

It was a good port, but, it's still the worst Monkey Ball

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Jesus that load time

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

That loving Sned posted:

Do kids just love hearing cartoon characters talking non-stop?

now that's a stomp

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

It's just a remake of 1/2/Deluxe, yeah? Those are and will forever be the best Monkey Balls so unless they really do something to gently caress it up I have high hopes.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Nocturne on Switch has some minor slowdown at parts and while that's not ideal, it is a turn based RPG and it didn't affect gameplay much.

It's not the best remaster overall, compressed audio, some cutscenes still being low res, but it's still playable and worth getting if you're an SMT fan or want to discover the franchise before V hits in a few months.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

kirbysuperstar posted:

It was a good port, but, it's still the worst Monkey Ball

I haven’t played the 3DS one but it looks a lot worse than Banana Blitz. BB has some cool stages sprinkled throughout but the 3DS one just seems really boring.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Love Sonic's model turning into a fish. This glitch is a first for the series.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i finished sonic boom rise of lyric yesterday and it's...fine. super messy and bland but also surprisingly stable, that big 1.1 patch put in work, though the framerate still struggled sometimes especially in the final battle. i'm probably feeling pretty generous toward it because the previous game was so bad and sonic's friends finally being playable again is always a plus, but i didn't hate it. kinda felt like a follow-up to werehog stages, which i know nobody wanted, but i didn't hate those either. and the writing was actually pretty funny for the most part, at least partially i think because sticks was entirely in the background. all of shadow's scenes were amazing

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I hope someone has saved the last PS4 build before it went Wii U exclusive for future leaking, the game we were promised looked a bit more fleshed out before they had to go into full damage control and gouge out content just to get it running.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Apparently the Colors Ultimate files include some of the Godot project files, so you can just import the levels into an editor.

Awesome. More games should do this.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
shattered crystal is good

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

This has probably been brought up before but fair warning: The already overly long credits sequence in Colors is almost doubled in the remake (like, almost 20-30 minutes worth of credits in total).

They didn’t bother adding any new songs either so after the 3 from the original the last few minutes worth are completely silent.

Also I didn’t see his current VA’s name in the credits so it seems like they managed to get Kate Higgins back to do some new Tails lines in this game.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Sep 6, 2021

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Yes, we’ve known about the Kate Higgins thing since before the game was released. She did the voices in the Rise of the Wisps shorts too. Are Tails’ lines too quiet to hear in Ultimate or something?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Yes, we’ve known about the Kate Higgins thing since before the game was released. She did the voices in the Rise of the Wisps shorts too. Are Tails’ lines too quiet to hear in Ultimate or something?

I hadn’t been aware of that being and haven’t watched said shorts yet, nevermind in that case (though to be fair, Kate and Coleen’s Tails voices sound similar enough that due to not paying enough attention the credits I honestly wasn’t even aware there had been a change until around the time Sonic Boom became a thing)

I wonder if this means she’s replacing Coleen as the voice of Tails from here on or if this was just a special occasion (I know Amy’s VA said she was leaving and as of Team Sonic Racing Knuckles is sadly no longer voiced by Travis Willingham).

Then again Tails’ current actress didn’t say anything about leaving, just that she won’t be in the upcoming Sonic Prime cartoon (which is a strictly Canadian production) so who knows.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Sep 6, 2021

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
I kinda wanna know if the glitches happen randomly now since it seems the only real way to activate them is to unlock 6 worlds, then enter and quickly exit at least four of them, then start a level to activate glitch city. Once the level is over via completion or exiting, it stops and you have to enter and exit half a dozen worlds again.

Which sounds quite difficult to accidentally do to be honest?

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Larryb posted:

This has probably been brought up before but fair warning: The already overly long credits sequence in Colors is almost doubled in the remake (like, almost 20-30 minutes worth of credits in total).

They didn’t bother adding any new songs either so after the 3 from the original the last few minutes worth are completely silent.

There's a trophy in the PS4 version for "play through the credits level" as well

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Party Boat posted:

There's a trophy in the PS4 version for "play through the credits level" as well

lol that sounds like the kinda thing I’d expect to be put in a Nier game as a mean joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Additionally, in the Wii version you got a bunch of 1ups for going through the entire credits “stage” whereas in the remake you get absolutely nothing except for the aforementioned trophy.

Come to think of it, I never did unlock Rival Rush. How many red rings do you need for it?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Sep 7, 2021