Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
No Crabgrass today.

Old School Peanuts (Dec 23, 1952)

Calvin and Hobbes (Dec 10-11, 1989)

Blind Alley

https://kumerish.com/blind-alley

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Edit: Ah, page :420:!

Kennel posted:

And that's the end of the first year of Cruel Little Stories. It continued for two more years, but the internet archive ends here. I let this be the last one because it's such a perfect specimen.

The author (under pseudonym) is Merja Heikkinen, who AFAIK hasn't done other comics outside similar album Väylä in 2011. Meanwhile the artist (and her husband) Timo Mäkelä is very prolific cartoonist and has done it all from gag comics to philosophical stuff to political cartoons to historical edutainment. Unfortunately I don't find any of his other work particularly interesting, so I'm not going to post those.
Those were interesting. I don't see many comics dedicated to how terrible people can really be. Thanks for posting them.

F Minus

Mark Trail

More allies in our eternal war on insects, and also bees.

Mary Worth

:lol:

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Flash Gordon

Flash Forward hasn't updated in a couple weeks now so that might be done.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
2018 Spiderman

1979 comics

Locher Tracy

Origins of the Sunday Comics

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Mandrake

Johnny Hazard

90s Overboard

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Holy poo poo, how awful

In my mind, I hear Wilbur as incredibly nasal and atonal.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Chiming in to say that I also really loved Cruel Little Stories, even though it made me cringe with how real it was.

Mary Worth...perfection :discourse:

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Moomin

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Docks

Retail

Popcom

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Nth-ing the love for Cruel Little Stories; the artist really gets how kids experience the world.

Scary Gary

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Garfield

Heathcliff

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Compu-toon

On The Fastrack

No Safe Havens on Sundays!

Rae the Doe is currently on a M-W-F schedule! No comic today!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bobbins

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Isn't this dog in FOOB the one Lynn kills off saving April from drowning?

Yup, great idea to let your baby abuse a dog.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Cowslips Warren posted:

Isn't this dog in FOOB the one Lynn kills off saving April from drowning?

Yup, great idea to let your baby abuse a dog.

It's an extremely common dog owner / small child parent mistake.

Now as an adult I still do all of these things to my dog, very gently. Just touch her ear/nose/feet/tail and tell her that's what it is. But that's the issue, gently touching with lots of warning it's going to happen vs hard yanking with no warning.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Wilbur's always at his best when he doesn't even realize how embarrassed he should be. That song is good in the context of a relationship that's long over and the other person has clearly moved on with their lives. "Nevermind, I'll find someone like you" is so lovely and dismissive to say to somebody you claim to care about WHILE they're breaking up with you. However, it's very on-brand for Wilbur not to pick up on the difference.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Wilbur is also convinced he has the tenor and power to hit high notes for huge emotional moments and boy howdy he looks like he sounds like a whinier George Costanza.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

For some reason instead of hearing Wilbur sing I'm seeing him sing, and my brain is interpolating the animation as if he's a Frisky Dingo character.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

CommonShore posted:

For some reason instead of hearing Wilbur sing I'm seeing him sing, and my brain is interpolating the animation as if he's a Frisky Dingo character.

Wendell for sure.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO-DiTzQTwc

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
New computer today, and it's making my image capture come out a little weird.

The Far Side

Pickles

Zits

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Jucika "240 - Jucika Calls A Doctor"

"241 - Jucika's Leak"

"(Házkezelőség roughly means Management Company)"

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Sally Forth

Pearls Before Swine

Peanuts (September 8, 1974)

COVID Winkerplague

Crankshaft

Mutt and Jeff

Life (With A Distinct Lack Of Skippy), because Percy Crosby is MIA in this particular issue. (September 3, 1925)

So instead, here's WJ Enright:

Harrison Cady:

Carl Anderson:

Since that leaves us a little light, what do you say we keep going with Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs? (December 26, 1937 and January 2, 1938) (previously)

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Sep 6, 2021

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Funky "What's the deal with airline food?" Winkerbean, delivering covid jokes and observations that were stale over a year ago.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Yes Pastis, that's totally how the two parties, one of which is utterly incompetent and hates governing, and the other which is actively hostile to all life on Earth, work together, they are the exact same.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Funky "What's the deal with airline food?" Winkerbean, delivering covid jokes and observations that were stale over a year ago.

Also acting like it's over.

If you're gonna do topical stuff you shouldn't operate with such a huge lead time.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Calaveron posted:

Yes Pastis, that's totally how the two parties, one of which is utterly incompetent and hates governing, and the other which is actively hostile to all life on Earth, work together, they are the exact same.

Twitter arguments are the same thing as the government, right?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

EasyEW posted:

That's easy, Richard the 49th.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

EasyEW posted:

"Pocket computer" is a heck of a term for 1974. The HP-65 was brand new, the Sharp PC-1211 wouldn't come out for 6 more years. Maybe she's talking about a regular electronic calculator? (Still fairly expensive at the time) Or maybe she's talking about some pre-electronic computing device, like one of those little slide rules.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Classic Kevin & Kell in: a new face (June 16-22, 2003)

First appearance: Danielle Kindle. She's Kevin's sister, and a big numbers person (as you can see). She'll be with us for a while.

Why did I put her next to George? No real reason, it was the first place I could make an opening.

Also, I must note Holbrook is using the term MacGuffin (not McGuffin) improperly here. A MacGuffin, in literary theory, is an object or person which serves to initiate and/or drive the plot, but the exact nature of which isn't important; the classic example is the Maltese Falcon in, well, The Maltese Falcon -- the story involves the hunt for the Falcon statuette, but it might as well be a bag of diamonds, or a rare stamp, or whatever, it doesn't have to be a statuette.

Here, however, the fact that Danielle has critical information on the Rabbit's Revenge group will be of importance: it actually matters what the item they're chasing her for is.

Sorry for the aside, but I'm kind of a stickler for these things :shobon:

Modern Kevin & Kell

This has suddenly reminded me of Beastars, which also involve a world of antropomorphic animals, and a school drama club. It's good, up to a certain point (it tanks in quality towards the end), and I recommend reading / watching it.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Garfield

Heathcliff

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Compu-toon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Moneys on Heathcliff. Garfield ain’t no fighter.

Just Dan Again
Dec 16, 2012

Adventure!
Without the Garbage Ape in his heart, Garfield can never overcome Heathcliff.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

Well that was convenient.

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Tendales posted:

"Pocket computer" is a heck of a term for 1974. The HP-65 was brand new, the Sharp PC-1211 wouldn't come out for 6 more years. Maybe she's talking about a regular electronic calculator? (Still fairly expensive at the time) Or maybe she's talking about some pre-electronic computing device, like one of those little slide rules.

At an MSRP of $795 in 1974, an HP-65 would be $4400 today. It looks like in 1974 you could get a simple pocket calculator for about $35, which is $195 today.

I don't have kids so I could be off by a significant margin but I feel like that would be enough for school supplies for the entire year for a kid in elementary school.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Crab Dad posted:

Moneys on Heathcliff. Garfield ain’t no fighter.

Also, Garfield's mostly a cartoon cat. Heathcliff's mostly a feline demigod who controls the reality within his pocket dimension.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

now to be fair, garfield canonically lives in a world entirely of his own making.

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer

Olivia Jaimes can still lift for the Labor Day strips, it seems.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

ever since someone pointed out how often "seriously?" is used in dustin it drives me insane every time i see it

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

kidcoelacanth posted:

ever since someone pointed out how often "seriously?" is used in dustin it drives me insane every time i see it
Seriously?

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Strontium posted:

Take It From the Tinkersons

As much as I dislike the Boss' hat, I really enjoy the Tinkersons.

Moomin

Said button polishing has of course been censored to keep the strip SFW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Feb. 09, 1947)