Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Pontificating rear end posted:

everyone learning a lot about their third eyes in this thread

projecting with my rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

asstral poojection

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Barry Foster posted:

Can we have an effort post?

I'm being 100% serious and I'm not trying to be a dick. I'm genuinely interested in, like, what you do and what you experience

I don't know where to start. If I try to just give a chronology of weird poo poo and how I processed it, and came to understand it, it's gonna be some incoherent "10,000 years ago..." poo poo

Ask a set of questions, I'll give the most thoughtful, thorough answers I can. I don't think I can just volunteer everything I've got

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Riot Bimbo posted:

I know I'm stark raving mad at this point but i'm being about as sincere as i can be fwiw!!!

I know you're seriousposting for sure and I want more and i'm clearly not alone, see:

Barry Foster posted:

Can we have an effort post?

I'm being 100% serious and I'm not trying to be a dick. I'm genuinely interested in, like, what you do and what you experience

like, i'm a huge skeptic boring nerd but I legitimately wouldn't be surprised if it turns out ESP is real considering everything else going on this past year+ so i'd like to know more

this is me here (I always wear a helmet while posting):

edit: I took too long posting my post

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Riot Bimbo posted:

I don't know where to start. If I try to just give a chronology of weird poo poo and how I processed it, and came to understand it, it's gonna be some incoherent "10,000 years ago..." poo poo

Ask a set of questions, I'll give the most thoughtful, thorough answers I can. I don't think I can just volunteer everything I've got

What are the hounds? How have you interacted with them? Are there other entities? What do you actually do when you're astral projecting (if that's what it is you're doing?). Would you say it has anything in common with lucid dreaming?

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Inspector Hound posted:

I'm going to need at least conjecture on a physical method of action at some point

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/quantum-mechanics-compass-songbird-physics
my best guess for speculation is inline with this article, but subtle interactions with a quantum field that is not strongly interacted with so we don't know its there. if there was a force analogous to magnetism that didn't interact with EM fields but only with things like this bird protein, would we even be aware it's there at all? :tinfoil:

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Riot Bimbo posted:

i've given this a ton of thought and some googling on bing and I think the best question I can ask is this:

have you experienced a spiritual awakening and what were the physical effects?

valp
Aug 31, 2018

I guess I'll talk about how I opened my third eye, and then immediately closed it again.

It began when I started doubting the official moon landing story. This isn't the conspiracy thread and I'm not here to red-pill you on the moon landing, so let's just say that I started feeling like maybe the nazi in charge of the space program and president Nixon weren't as trustworthy as I first thought.

Around the same time I noticed that every time I tried to meditate a spot between my forehead would itch. I didn't believe in chakras back then so I kinda joked about it. Like wouldn't it be funny if the way reality worked is that once you see through the lies of the world you unlock your magical truth-seeing eye? Hah hah, imagine if the universe is a video game and I finally met the unlock condition for magical powers by doubting the moon landing! Hilarious! So anyways I stopped meditating because I didn't believe in chakras and the itching in my forehead was disturbing me.

Once I had those psychic conversations I was still iffy on chakras, but they kinda became impossible to ignore.

First, I'd read that everyone has a higher self, which is the version of you that exists outside of time after you've finished reincarnating. I asked mine to prove it was real by giving me a reason to go through another 40+ years of this bullshit, and I immediately felt a bunch of energy pass in through the top of my head, aka the crown chakra. I then passed out and had an out of body experience.

You know those rides like magic mountain at Disney world, where you sit in the dark in a boat and you see a brightly lit scene of brier fox chasing the rabbit, then you sit in the dark until the boat takes you further and you see another scene? Being out of your body is like that. You just kinda enter a scene, and things happen, then you leave that scene and nothing exists except this sense of moving tremendously fast through absolute darkness until the next scene happens. You don't have a body so if you're not part of a scene, if you're not interacting with something, then nothing exists except your awareness that you exist.

So I zoomed around the darkness with no body for a bit, imagining I was pyramid and I was blasting light everywhere. Then this guy caught me, sensed my horny energies, and then passed me off to a woman. I kinda zoomed towards her and felt good, then fell away, then zoomed towards her and felt good, then fell away, then the two of them caught me and asked me my name and I told them. I guess that's what it feels like to try and fail at having astral sex? I dunno. The whole thing was kinda lame but it did cheer me up, closest I've been to actually getting laid in years. Also I guess some random psychic couple has my real life name now.

Later that week I jerked off and was feeling really tired. I tried to meditate, and the itching on my forehead bloomed into a ball of pain and I started shaking. It felt a bit like the beginning of a seizure and later on my eyes were bloodshot. Then I felt a bunch of energy flowing into my forehead and down my body to the lower chakras, at which point I got an erection. The whole "possible seizure" thing freaked me out so I haven't jerked off since that happened, just in case depleting my sex energies or something is what caused that to happen. I also found that if I rubbed my forehead and imagined energy moving from my third eye out the top of my head (crown chakra) I'd stop feeling that pressure in my third eye/forehead.

I still don't know why opening my third eye made me feel like I was having a seizure. Are my chakras so imbalanced that opening the third eye all the way would drive me mad so my body was telling me to stop? Did aliens surgically implant something to stop me from developing my magical powers? Am I just opening my third eye wrong? No clue. The only thing I'm sure of is that pain is the body's way of telling you to stop, so I'm not going to mess around with my third eye any time soon.

Another thing that happened was I was thinking about how if reincarnation is real that'd mean everyone has lived lives as both female and male. I spent a bunch of time thinking about how I was probably a woman at some point, and accepted that fact. I guess that counts as "connecting to my feminine side" enough to unblock that chakra, because I immediately felt this warmth in my lower body, like it was completely and unmistakable supernatural in that the region of my body where the sacral chakra is supposed to be was suddenly really hot in a way I've never felt at any point in my life before or since. I also feel like I'm slightly more mentally stable and comfortable with my body now.

Unrelated to chakras, I also connected to a past life of mine. I figured maybe the reason this life is kinda lovely is karma because I hosed up really bad in the past. I imagined putting my hands through the barrier of life and death and holding on to the hands of a past life. Then I felt this absolutely crushing weight all over my body, like being buried alive beneath the weight of the world, and I felt this overwhelming grief and pain flow in and fill me. I've been struggling with my mental health all my life (shocking, I know) so being utterly crushed by pain and grief is something I'm completely used to and know how to deal with and it wasn't a big deal.

Anyways if you want trippy visions doing drugs is a million times easier and more intense, and also don't open your third eye chakra until you're mentally stable. Or at least, you're as mentally stable as someone who believes in chakras can be.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

ive told a lot of my best stories itt, all true and sincere

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

naaaaaa

aaaa

aahh

Riot Bimbo has issued a correction as of 15:01 on Mar 4, 2022

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Fly Ricky posted:

Yeah I’ve gone through the whole program. It took me months, and there’s a guide that is good to have because the audio itself doesn’t completely explain what you’re doing (at least my brokebrain got confused).

Don’t let the “it took months” thing deter you though. You can do Wave 1 and it’s enough for most people that aren’t insane.

I hold it in such high regard that if I was Stateside I would take a retreat to the center. Know a couple people that have, and that’s what got me into it to begin with.

What's the guide that you used?

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Delta-Wye posted:

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/quantum-mechanics-compass-songbird-physics
my best guess for speculation is inline with this article, but subtle interactions with a quantum field that is not strongly interacted with so we don't know its there. if there was a force analogous to magnetism that didn't interact with EM fields but only with things like this bird protein, would we even be aware it's there at all? :tinfoil:

That's about all I can imagine; we didn't know about electricity exactly but we knew about some spooky things magnets did, and we certainly knew about lightning. We don't know about astral projection and etc, but we know a person can be living and talking and thinking and then just be dead, apparently not in the room anymore, that's spooky. Time to take some more DMT I guess

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

valp posted:

I guess I'll talk about how I opened my third eye, and then immediately closed it again.

It began when I started doubting the official moon landing story. This isn't the conspiracy thread and I'm not here to red-pill you on the moon landing, so let's just say that I started feeling like maybe the nazi in charge of the space program and president Nixon weren't as trustworthy as I first thought.

Around the same time I noticed that every time I tried to meditate a spot between my forehead would itch. I didn't believe in chakras back then so I kinda joked about it. Like wouldn't it be funny if the way reality worked is that once you see through the lies of the world you unlock your magical truth-seeing eye? Hah hah, imagine if the universe is a video game and I finally met the unlock condition for magical powers by doubting the moon landing! Hilarious! So anyways I stopped meditating because I didn't believe in chakras and the itching in my forehead was disturbing me.

Once I had those psychic conversations I was still iffy on chakras, but they kinda became impossible to ignore.

First, I'd read that everyone has a higher self, which is the version of you that exists outside of time after you've finished reincarnating. I asked mine to prove it was real by giving me a reason to go through another 40+ years of this bullshit, and I immediately felt a bunch of energy pass in through the top of my head, aka the crown chakra. I then passed out and had an out of body experience.

You know those rides like magic mountain at Disney world, where you sit in the dark in a boat and you see a brightly lit scene of brier fox chasing the rabbit, then you sit in the dark until the boat takes you further and you see another scene? Being out of your body is like that. You just kinda enter a scene, and things happen, then you leave that scene and nothing exists except this sense of moving tremendously fast through absolute darkness until the next scene happens. You don't have a body so if you're not part of a scene, if you're not interacting with something, then nothing exists except your awareness that you exist.

So I zoomed around the darkness with no body for a bit, imagining I was pyramid and I was blasting light everywhere. Then this guy caught me, sensed my horny energies, and then passed me off to a woman. I kinda zoomed towards her and felt good, then fell away, then zoomed towards her and felt good, then fell away, then the two of them caught me and asked me my name and I told them. I guess that's what it feels like to try and fail at having astral sex? I dunno. The whole thing was kinda lame but it did cheer me up, closest I've been to actually getting laid in years. Also I guess some random psychic couple has my real life name now.

Later that week I jerked off and was feeling really tired. I tried to meditate, and the itching on my forehead bloomed into a ball of pain and I started shaking. It felt a bit like the beginning of a seizure and later on my eyes were bloodshot. Then I felt a bunch of energy flowing into my forehead and down my body to the lower chakras, at which point I got an erection. The whole "possible seizure" thing freaked me out so I haven't jerked off since that happened, just in case depleting my sex energies or something is what caused that to happen. I also found that if I rubbed my forehead and imagined energy moving from my third eye out the top of my head (crown chakra) I'd stop feeling that pressure in my third eye/forehead.

I still don't know why opening my third eye made me feel like I was having a seizure. Are my chakras so imbalanced that opening the third eye all the way would drive me mad so my body was telling me to stop? Did aliens surgically implant something to stop me from developing my magical powers? Am I just opening my third eye wrong? No clue. The only thing I'm sure of is that pain is the body's way of telling you to stop, so I'm not going to mess around with my third eye any time soon.

Another thing that happened was I was thinking about how if reincarnation is real that'd mean everyone has lived lives as both female and male. I spent a bunch of time thinking about how I was probably a woman at some point, and accepted that fact. I guess that counts as "connecting to my feminine side" enough to unblock that chakra, because I immediately felt this warmth in my lower body, like it was completely and unmistakable supernatural in that the region of my body where the sacral chakra is supposed to be was suddenly really hot in a way I've never felt at any point in my life before or since. I also feel like I'm slightly more mentally stable and comfortable with my body now.

Unrelated to chakras, I also connected to a past life of mine. I figured maybe the reason this life is kinda lovely is karma because I hosed up really bad in the past. I imagined putting my hands through the barrier of life and death and holding on to the hands of a past life. Then I felt this absolutely crushing weight all over my body, like being buried alive beneath the weight of the world, and I felt this overwhelming grief and pain flow in and fill me. I've been struggling with my mental health all my life (shocking, I know) so being utterly crushed by pain and grief is something I'm completely used to and know how to deal with and it wasn't a big deal.

Anyways if you want trippy visions doing drugs is a million times easier and more intense, and also don't open your third eye chakra until you're mentally stable. Or at least, you're as mentally stable as someone who believes in chakras can be.

Lol tldr

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

imagination is only valued by americans if its successfully capitalized on. if its put to paper it has potential value but is still largely distasteful. if i were to spend a set amount of time practicing imagining something each week and never told anyone what it was, that would be wasted time in my society.

imagination is treated like a tool but its a medium and not everything there is as transitory as the thoughts we finger paint it with.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
our society is a doomed dumpster fire run by psychopaths so i don't put much stock in what it values anymore

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Rah! posted:

asstral poojection

:eyepoop:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

The Saucer Hovers posted:

imagination is only valued by americans if its successfully capitalized on. if its put to paper it has potential value but is still largely distasteful. if i were to spend a set amount of time practicing imagining something each week and never told anyone what it was, that would be wasted time in my society.

imagination is treated like a tool but its a medium and not everything there is as transitory as the thoughts we finger paint it with.

Starting to think about those hunter gatherers with their 16 hours of leisure a day.

Starting to think about how every successive piece of civilizational progress has resulted in less leisure time for just about everyone involved except for an elite few.

Starting to think about what happens if you have eight billion prefrontal lobes spending 16 hours a day just thinking about stuff, especially if they were all thinking about the same thing.

Now where was that paper about the air gapped RNG's after 9/11?

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Jazerus posted:

lue did a podcast yesterday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1DZMD4T2_I

interesting points imo

1. lue's been relatively inactive due to a cancer scare. seems like a false positive or otherwise non-severe situation but he's been in rough shape.
2. any special access program that wouldn't let chris mellon have access is unambiguously, legally, a rogue & illegal program. (note: mellon has talked pretty extensively about a program that wouldn't allow him access)
3. lue is aware of "biological effects" from UAPs and has seen some correlation between "havana syndrome" and birds, but there is no conclusive link
4. current government UAP efforts are focusing on the connection between birds and nukes that coulthart has been so interested in.
5. there is a current effort to get conclusive sensor readings on birds in the next six months
6. "more than 50%" of involved government people agree that it's not russia or china, but nobody agrees on what birds are
7. lue speculating on some real timecube poo poo
8. "anybody who says they have the answer is full of poo poo"
9. different types of UAPs (tictacs, triangles, etc.) seem to have different mission profiles but same technology. there will be "more information" in the "near term"
10. lue just wants to grill

This guy's a cia agent son of a cia agent everything he says is propaganda lol dump him in the loving garbage

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Riot Bimbo posted:

Either way, I'd say it's an experience worth undertaking in a thoughtful and careful manner! If it's pure simulation, it can still be vivid enough to traumatize you, and if it's real everything including your soul could be at stake for loving around, so dive with care!

valp posted:

and also don't open your third eye chakra until you're mentally stable. Or at least, you're as mentally stable as someone who believes in chakras can be.

I'm going to take these posts at face value and ask:

Fried Watermelon posted:

Like give me instructions or point me to the ones you used. I'll give it a real shot.

Slavvy posted:

Now where was that paper about the air gapped RNG's after 9/11?

I want to know more about this

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Riot Bimbo posted:

Do you do explicit pathworking or are you trial and error?

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
The C-spam Astral Projection Protocols

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

chakras are stored in the balls

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Fried Watermelon posted:

They come with a manual, but someone has compiled a .pdf of it you can readily find if you have “borrowed” the set. Maybe it’s officially from TMI? I think they sell it via .mp3 these days.

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
let’s loving mysticism

Hirsute
May 4, 2007
Aliens are real and might be here? Cool that actually fits into a rational scientific understanding of the universe, I can dig it. Cthulhu is real and can destroy your soul if you astral project hard enough? Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.........

Hirsute
May 4, 2007
And I say that as someone who loves psychedelics and firmly believes there is a lot of poo poo beyond our understanding

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

D-Pad posted:

I want to know more about this

https://noosphere.princeton.edu/911formal.html

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
reading these forums for a while I’d simply say “turn on your monitor” if a dark god called me a despicable little worm or something. really no coming back from that one

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Thanks a lot, this was super interesting!

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Hirsute posted:

Aliens are real and might be here? Cool that actually fits into a rational scientific understanding of the universe, I can dig it. Cthulhu is real and can destroy your soul if you astral project hard enough? Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.........

I mean I'm with you, more or less, but if it's a slow bird day then I'm always up for hearing about people's weird experiences, because if nothing else those experiences are real to them and that's valid in and of itself.

Nothing's actually on the line here so I don't see a problem with just suspending judgement and listening to people, yknow?

Also,

The Protagonist posted:

our society is a doomed dumpster fire run by psychopaths so i don't put much stock in what it values anymore

Yeah, this

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Rah! posted:

Rendlesham forest is an interesting case because of all the military dudes who witnessed it, including a colonel.

though if i remember right, a couple decades later, one of the witnesses started adding more details to the story, including claims that he saw hieroglyphics on the outside of the ufo lol

so this is one of the major problems with the book. right away in the first chapter when it's describing Penniston and Burroughs encountering the landed UFO for the first time, it goes into Penniston saying he saw hieroglyphics on the craft and touched them (!) and they were rough like sandpaper. the rest of the surface of the craft was metallic and perfectly smooth, like my brain. during this Burroughs is supposedly in some kind of suspended animation because of a light burst, and thats why he personally never said anything about the markings? it's very unclear.

Pope's writings on the witness accounts mix up what was said at the time in 1980-81 and later but doesn't say so, infact he seems to intentionally pair what seems like real solid witness evidence - Penniston writing "speed - impossible" in his police notebook after watching the craft ascend in 1980 is brought up numerous times - with the more sensational stuff like hieroglyphics, which apparently Penniston did not bother to mention in his logbook?? Or maybe he did? the writing communicates none of this clearly at all.

stuff like this where he maybe wholesale makes up "roswell" because why not?

meanwhile there are plenty of appeals to "science" and considering all the evidence blah blah. its frustrating because there is obviously a narrative we are supposed to believe (the alien one) but also pretend Pope is an objective, open-minded guy and not just someone trying to sell entertaining books.

ill keep reading that garbage but drat ufo books generally suck so much and it's a shame

bonus BOTH SIDES baby poo poo

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

"Just as fascist and communist regimes are actually very similar..." lol

I remember reading something that very convincingly argued that Rendlesham Forest was a hoax, although I can't remember where I read it or what it was, it was a few years ago

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Barry Foster posted:

"Just as fascist and communist regimes are actually very similar..." lol

lmao

Barry Foster posted:

I remember reading something that very convincingly argued that Rendlesham Forest was a hoax, although I can't remember where I read it or what it was, it was a few years ago

the hoax explanation relies on soldiers not knowing what flares look like, and also the idea that soldiers do secret training missions against their own bases/allied bases, and that they do it with live ammunition, and that american troops beat up elite UK SAS special forces soldiers in the UK, and got into zero trouble for it as well, and that the revenge for this would be...a UFO hoax on the Americans? And this hoax was very successful and it fooled them all, including a colonel? lol all of that sounds like bullshit to me but i guess anything is possible

edit: as far as i can tell the hoax claims come from an anonymous "insider" who claims to have been in the SAS:

quote:

According to the insider, SAS soldiers secretly parachuted into RAF Woodbridge on an August 1980 night to test the US security at the site. Radar detected the paratroopers despite their black parachutes and the soldiers were apprehended, interrogated for 18 hours and allegedly beaten up. During the entire ordeal, the Americans referred to them as “unidentified aliens” – a descriptive but innocent term that the British took as an insult.

“After their release, the troopers made no complaint at their rough treatment but determined to get their own back on the USAF for the beating that they had received.”

But the former commander of the base, and a non-anonymous guy who was actually confirmed as having been in the SAS, in the 1980s, both have this to say about it being a hoax:

quote:

Clarke first contacted Robin Horsfall, a former SAS sniper and member of the famous Special Forces operation that stormed the Iranian Embassy in 1980 to free hostages. He said he would have heard about such a seemingly great prank through the SAS grapevine, but if he did, he wouldn’t have believed it or the August incident that allegedly triggered it.

“We did undertake planned training actions against British military establishments but never against those of the US forces. Working against US units with live ammunition without strict safety protocols could have got people killed with huge political ramifications. The idea of a revenge prank by [SAS] isn’t plausible as the rules controlling pyrotechnical devices within the regiment were very strict and any such action could have resulted in those involved being returned to unit.”

Then Clarke went to Col. Ted Conrad, the US Base Commander at the time of the incidents who ordered police from the 81st Security Squadron to conduct an informal investigation of the UFO sightings in the forest reported by his personnel. He disagreed first with the “aliens” comment.

“US bases are not on US soil, rather all of them remain on sovereign British soil…US citizens who are stationed and work there are the “aliens”.”

And then with the alleged capture and beatings.

“The SSA was guarded 24/7/365 by armed, trained security personnel who were instructed to shoot to kill, if necessary, to prevent a breach. It is unthinkable that either side would conduct such an exercise against an important facility where real weapons and ammo were present. The alleged rough treatment of British Special Forces by one US Lieutenant from the 67 ARRS is also unthinkable, but if it had been reported by complaint, the offender would have been more impacted by our disciplinary action that mounting a fake UFO landing could possibly have had.”

https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2019/01/insider-claims-rendlesham-forest-ufo-incident-was-a-british-military-prank/

Rah! has issued a correction as of 15:22 on Sep 6, 2021

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

debunkers love the idea of unnecessarily dangerous super secret training missions/hyperdrone testing against ur own unsuspecting troops and members of the public

too many hollywierd movies :sad:

Seatbelts
Mar 29, 2010

Rah! posted:

asstral poojection

Right in the asstrhole

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

I'm pretty sure that wasn't the explanation I read, though - I read that it was just honest mistakes rather than a deliberate prank. I wanna say something to do with a lighthouse? Honestly it was so long ago now I have no idea ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

EDIT I guess I used the word "hoax" in my op, even though that wasn't what I was actually remembering, so forget I said the word "hoax" in the first place I guess

Barry Foster has issued a correction as of 15:47 on Sep 6, 2021

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

my bony fealty posted:

so this is one of the major problems with the book. right away in the first chapter when it's describing Penniston and Burroughs encountering the landed UFO for the first time, it goes into Penniston saying he saw hieroglyphics on the craft and touched them (!) and they were rough like sandpaper. the rest of the surface of the craft was metallic and perfectly smooth, like my brain. during this Burroughs is supposedly in some kind of suspended animation because of a light burst, and thats why he personally never said anything about the markings? it's very unclear.

Pope's writings on the witness accounts mix up what was said at the time in 1980-81 and later but doesn't say so, infact he seems to intentionally pair what seems like real solid witness evidence - Penniston writing "speed - impossible" in his police notebook after watching the craft ascend in 1980 is brought up numerous times - with the more sensational stuff like hieroglyphics, which apparently Penniston did not bother to mention in his logbook?? Or maybe he did? the writing communicates none of this clearly at all.

stuff like this where he maybe wholesale makes up "roswell" because why not?

meanwhile there are plenty of appeals to "science" and considering all the evidence blah blah. its frustrating because there is obviously a narrative we are supposed to believe (the alien one) but also pretend Pope is an objective, open-minded guy and not just someone trying to sell entertaining books.

ill keep reading that garbage but drat ufo books generally suck so much and it's a shame

bonus BOTH SIDES baby poo poo

lol

nick poope

as time goes on i keep encountering more and more questionable things about him. Too bad, because his resume of "did UFO poo poo for the ministry of defense" is pretty cool

as far as rendlesham forest goes, i think some poo poo went down, but i don't believe the SAS balloon/flare hoax angle, and i'm not sure i believe that penniston (lol pennis) touched it and saw hieroglyphics, but that would be pretty dang cool

Barry Foster posted:

I'm pretty sure that wasn't the explanation I read, though - I read that it was just honest mistakes rather than a deliberate prank. I wanna say something to do with a lighthouse? Honestly it was so long ago now I have no idea ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cool, i've never heard of that explanation. Mistakes and a light house already sounds more plausible to me than an SAS prank as revenge for getting beat up by meanie americans during a super secret training mission lol

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

nah

Riot Bimbo has issued a correction as of 15:01 on Mar 4, 2022

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Rah! posted:

lol

nick poope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fanfic insert