Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Somebody, like a responsible media not beholden to corporate interest, should investigate radicalization in our police services. Or maybe idk investigate the rampant and open steroid use? :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

skewetoo posted:

Somebody, like a responsible media not beholden to corporate interest, should investigate radicalization in our police services. Or maybe idk investigate the rampant and open steroid use? :shrug:

Nah just keep giving them bigger and bigger piles of money

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

skewetoo posted:

don't you know that racism only exists in Amerikkka and our police forces are pure and good?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

skewetoo posted:

VICE?

Another Bill posted:

I randomly ended up partying with Seth and Chester on NYE 2000. We were sort of becoming friends leading up to then and I never saw them again after that night.

must have been one hell of a party

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

If u were in Toronto and into comics at all it was difficult not to run into Chester and crew back in the day. Idk how that scene is these days. Haven't met Kate yet but I got her nice hardcovers!

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

skewetoo posted:

Canadaland has done it in small ways, like looking at Thunder Bay, but I don't know if there's really any independent media in canada that could tackle something that big

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Dreylad posted:

Canadaland has done it in small ways, like looking at Thunder Bay, but I don't know if there's really any independent media in canada that could tackle something that big

It's a very important but dangerous story to work on. I listened to the thunder Bay canadaland piece lol. A lot of Canadian corruption is so out in the open but our media is absolutely useless and actively protects them

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Oh that reminds me of something fun. Back when I lived with my parents, my neighbours son got busted for running the largest steroid ring in the city.

The neighbour also had two hobby muscle cars that got impounded for a couple months since the RCMP figured they might have been bought using the drug money.

The neighbour also had some steroids in the house, but it was a small amount, obviously not being distributed.

Edit: oh poo poo, looked up the news about it. The whole family got charged with various counts of possession and "proceeds of crime over $5000", but the one son got dozens of counts of possession with intent to traffic, and production (along with a friend of his)

Edit edit: it wasn't the largest steroid bust, that was another one that happened years later and merged in my brain.

Fashionable Jorts has issued a correction as of 17:52 on Sep 6, 2021

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

skewetoo posted:

It's a very important but dangerous story to work on. I listened to the thunder Bay canadaland piece lol. A lot of Canadian corruption is so out in the open but our media is absolutely useless and actively protects them

in a lot of cases less useless and more just owned by. new brunswick is a great example of this.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

quote:

Liberal MP Raj Saini drops out of re-election campaign following misconduct allegations

Raj Saini, a Liberal candidate in Ontario, says he will no longer be running in Canada's 2021 federal election, following allegations that he harassed a former member of his staff. Saini has firmly denied the allegations.

In a statement Saturday, Saini confirmed he has taken "the painful decision" to end his campaign for the 44th Parliament.

"Continuing the campaign no longer serves the best interests of my family, staff members, campaign team and constituents," Saini said in the statement. "For everyone's health and safety, I have taken the painful decision to end my campaign for the 44th Parliament."

Saini also said that he intends to concentrate on fighting these allegations.

"I will be focusing all my attention and efforts to challenge these defamatory, false accusations and am in the process of consulting legal counsel to review all options," he said.

Ever since the allegations — first reported by CBC — the Liberals have faced pressure from the Conservatives and the NDP over their decision to allow Saini to run for office a third time.

Conservative Leader Erin O’Toole accused Trudeau of “a culture of coverup” and NDP Leader Jagmeet Singh said the Liberal leader was “not listening to women.”

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/other/liberal-mp-raj-saini-drops-out-of-re-election-campaign-following-misconduct-allegations/ar-AAO6sDs

quote:

Trudeau will not reveal new allegations against Liberal MP Raj Saini who withdrew from race

Justin Trudeau says he can’t discuss the details of new allegations against a former Liberal MP who withdrew from the federal election race over the weekend, even as the Liberal Leader acknowledged frustration and anger over the handling of misconduct complaints.

Still, Mr. Trudeau continued to defend his party’s process for dealing with previous allegations against Liberal candidate Raj Saini, which stretch back more than a year. Mr. Saini dropped out of the election campaign on Saturday, one hour before the party said it had launched a review of him after “new information” was brought forward. He denies all wrongdoing.

Speaking Sunday at a campaign stop in Markham, Ont., Mr. Trudeau would not reveal the nature of the new allegations against Mr. Saini, who was running in the Southwestern Ontario riding of Kitchener Centre. Mr. Trudeau also wouldn’t say whether the new allegations would be investigated by a third party.

“For confidentiality reasons, I’m not at liberty to disclose more of this information. Suffice it to say, that Mr. Saini is no longer our candidate,” Mr. Trudeau said. The Liberal Leader spent much of the past week defending the candidate in the face of four harassment allegations, including from a former staff member, reported against him by CBC News. The Globe and Mail has not verified all of the allegations.

“Obviously this is a far-from-ideal situation that we no longer have any candidate in that riding. There’s going to be lots of reflections on what we could have, should have done differently.”

E-mails obtained by The Globe show that the former staffer raised concerns about Mr. Saini’s conduct last year with Liberal Party president Suzanne Cowan and its national director, Azam Ishmael. In addition, the e-mails show that they were raised with the chief of staff to Mark Holland, the Government Whip in the House of Commons. She also brought up her concerns with Diversity, Inclusion and Youth Minister Bardish Chagger and MP Tim Louis, who both represent ridings near Kitchener Centre.

In the e-mails that were obtained by The Globe, the former staffer said she got no response from Ms. Cowan or Mr. Louis. The e-mails show that Mr. Ishmael and Ms. Chagger directed her to the Whip’s office.

Liberal Party spokesperson Alex Lawrence said options to address the complaints were offered, including going to the Whip’s office, the House of Commons human-resources department, mediation or through the Liberal Party’s respectful workplace policy.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-trudeau-will-not-reveal-new-allegations-against-liberal-mp-who/

This guy 100% did it, and the Liberals 100% knew about it and covered it up.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

our very woke pm posted:

Obviously this is a far-from-ideal situation that we no longer have any candidate in that riding

loving incredible takeaway there, bud. really focusing on the issue.

infernal machines has issued a correction as of 17:54 on Sep 6, 2021

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

infernal machines posted:

loving incredible takeaway there, bud. really focusing on the issue.

Lol, don't put Trudeau's words in my mouth. Gross.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

sorry, that was the easiest way to highlight the quote

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

Police should only be given coupons for subway to give out to people.

Haven't the police caused enough suffering?

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

apatheticman posted:

Haven't the police caused enough suffering?

Well Canada chose subway over Mr. Sub and Quiznos so I do t know what to tell you. Canadians love the taste of yoga mat.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

Well Canada chose subway over Mr. Sub and Quiznos so I do t know what to tell you. Canadians love the taste of yoga mat.

lol mr sub and quiznos both suck too

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Quiznos rules actually

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!

FormaldehydeSon posted:

Quiznos rules actually

Yeah. Haven't you seen the meme with the quiznos grill with "This machine kills fascists!" yet?

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Ardent Communist posted:

Yeah. Haven't you seen the meme with the quiznos grill with "This machine kills fascists!" yet?

No, sounds like some incredibly online poo poo

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Dreylad posted:

read chester brown's louis riel

brown is a weirdo but the comic graphic novel is good

And then read Wiebe's the temptations of big bear

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Remember when they made the Quiznos oven sexy

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Ardent Communist posted:

Wait I thought that was on the milkshake machine

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!
Basically, it's a reference to how some fascist posted that they were enjoying a lobster sandwich from quiznos, then almost immediately dying of some food related illness. So it's an online reference to a real event that materially damaged fascism.

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
firehouse subs is good and supports are fire troops, or something

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

they're ordinary, and they take way too loving long

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
i remember when don cherry was the quiznos spokesperson then they closed like 900 stores or something

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Killin_Like_Bronson posted:

Yah I saw a gun legislation ad by Trudeau and had to wonder if they're trying to lose seats for some reason. Complete unforced error.

Is this not basically what did Paul Martin in during the 2006 race

There was a lot of noise made about what a boondoggle the long gun registry was and he campaigned on a platform to ban handguns. Literally what got my entire dumb family to vote for Inky Mark (lol)

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
firehouse subs are extremely loving expensive for what you get

mr sub is fine

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

mediaphage posted:

lol mr sub and quiznos both suck too

after 700 pages this is the wrongest take of all

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

imagine caring that much about fast food franchises

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Chillyrabbit posted:

If the Government flat out said "Semi-autos are banned because of mass shootings/gun violence etc." Well I wouldn't like it but it would be more or less logically consistent

Banning all semi-autos is the right answer but gently caress if we'll ever get there in our lifetimes.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

ban all guns except historical muskets used for hertiage moment commercials

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
every person should be given a small atom bomb at birth so that violence can never happen again, due to the principals of game theory and mutually assured destruction

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

RBC posted:

imagine caring that much about fast food franchises

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Banning all semi-autos is the right answer but gently caress if we'll ever get there in our lifetimes.

i grew up hunting which colours my perception a bit. but i'm generally for keeping long, single-shot weapons and banning everything else from general, private use

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

mediaphage posted:

i grew up hunting which colours my perception a bit. but i'm generally for keeping long, single-shot weapons and banning everything else from general, private use

:hmmyes:

It's admittedly been a long time since I've been shooting, but my philosophy has always been if you can't cycle your bolt fast enough for your follow up shot then sorry bro, you need to shoot better.

Edit: gently caress I've seen some single-shot british hunters that can bang off rounds like no one's business.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

If you aren't hunting using tools thrown by your own power, you're a coward. Yes this includes bows and crossbows.

Atlatls are on thin ice.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

RBC posted:

i remember when don cherry was the quiznos spokesperson then they closed like 900 stores or something

There's a Quiznos in my city still and I don't understand how or why it continues to exist, it's in a strip mall by the Canadian Tire, next to an optometrist. Maybe people go get a sub while they wait for their eyes to not be dilated or whatever.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

Fashionable Jorts posted:

If you aren't hunting using tools thrown by your own power, you're a coward. Yes this includes bows and crossbows.

Atlatls are on thin ice.

If you're not chasing down your prey until it collapses of exhaustion like a Kalahari Hunter, then you should probably just stick to grocery shopping.

mom and dad fight a lot has issued a correction as of 22:04 on Sep 6, 2021

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

:hmmyes:

It's admittedly been a long time since I've been shooting, but my philosophy has always been if you can't cycle your bolt fast enough for your follow up shot then sorry bro, you need to shoot better.

Edit: gently caress I've seen some single-shot british hunters that can bang off rounds like no one's business.

Force everyone to use mauser clones, the Lee-Enfield is too ergonomic and can cycle too fast.

Really though, I've shot guns all my life, I've considered guns to be an excellent hobby and tool for hunting. At no point have I ever felt anyone needs anything more than a bolt-action rifle to achieve either. The detrimental effects to society far outway someone's enjoyment. Just look at the states. The police should not have any guns at all.

Also gun people are the worst, for some reason gun ownership transforms most reasonable people into moronic single issue voters that gladly embrace one of the worst knee-jerkiest cultures possible. I used to be very involved in shooting, even competing nationally when I was younger. I left all that as I just cannot stand being around gun people at the range, any range. It always seems like any range is populated with the worst cross-section of what we now call chuds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

infernal machines posted:

sorry, that was the easiest way to highlight the quote

It's all good, buddy!