Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

my bony fealty posted:

the hysteria is that Trump is not remotely unique in this, just take a quick look at open Biden

what's open biden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

ram dass in hell posted:

what's open biden

not much whats open Biden with you?

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

my bony fealty posted:

not much whats open Biden with you?

:dementia:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

the FDA and CDC are so loving mad at biden for not Respecting Their Process :sad:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
the biden has opened from the inside

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

im just finding out from my producers that open biden is in fact a real thing spoken on-camera during an interview with the speaker of the house, who plays a pivotal role in anything happening or not happening in congress and i'm doing a jim from the office face

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

"An endemic"

Endemic is an adjective not a noun you mouth breathing horse paste sucking chuds

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

they are going to make it illegal to not go to applebee's. I called it here.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

McNugget Buddy posted:

What got me a couple days ago was the article saying there was a shortage of frozen waffles

Of all the loving things to waste freezer space on

it’s what happens when an entire country grows up on carbs and advertisements.

just buy some drat chicken, veggies, seasoning, oil, sugar, flour, and yeast. congrats one can cook and bake about 70% of food they already were eating.

cooking is also extra stupid easy for anyone who bought a slow cooker or pressure cooker.

people just aren’t honest with themselves about their fears

just look at the anti-vaccine folks. they are are scared and pretending it is something to be proud of lol

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

genericnick posted:

So what does "living with the virus" actually mean?

It means people in your life, including maybe you, are going to get sick and die or have lifelong issues from covid, and that's OK. Here's a Nate Silver/Emily Osler colab article about how it's good, actually.

BTW, if this bothers you, you're the crazy one.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
if Nancy Pelosi would simply had referred to a plotpoint in Xenosaga Episode II: Jenseits von Gut und Böse where MOMO activated the Hilbert Effect

she would have understood the cultural connection and consequence of saying open biden in a live zoom meeting as a twice again speaker of the House but now it is too late and we must simply accept the fall out :o:

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

it’s what happens when an entire country grows up on carbs and advertisements.

just buy some drat chicken, veggies, seasoning, oil, sugar, flour, and yeast. congrats one can cook and bake about 70% of food they already were eating.

cooking is also extra stupid easy for anyone who bought a slow cooker or pressure cooker.

people just aren’t honest with themselves about their fears

just look at the anti-vaccine folks. they are are scared and pretending it is something to be proud of lol

I mean if there's a silver lining at all here I learned to cook at mid level restaurant quality

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

The open Biden is coming from inside the Whitehouse!

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

explaining the economy to joe biden through a complicated charlotte's web metaphor where nancy pelosi is charlotte and the web says OPEN BIDEN and the pig is the american economy, who the farmer is going to butcher and sell, because joe biden has the mind of a child and charlotte's web has "those pictures that he likes"

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy

Substandard posted:

Look, there's a tiger on the box of frosted flakes.

Tony the Titer

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

My brain is in a real bad place today, football stadiums packed to the tits while the media says we need to learn with the virus and also it’s so nice that things are back to normal is really loving me up this weekend.

ya I’ve been a college and nfl fan for a long time, last year was ok I watched my teams etc with mostly empty stadiums. not a great idea in general but sure whatever.

this weekend I watched some college games and the screaming masses in the packed stadiums and realizing what this means and what kind of people would do this made me turn it off in disgust and
horror.

I’m fully on team meteor, I’d like to say humanity had a good run but we didn’t

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I turned the radio on to listen to baseball and the loving pre-game guy was talking about how we need to open everything up and “learn to live with covid”. There’s absolutely a concerted narrative that we need to pretend this isn’t real now.

I wonder if cpaital will weather the coming storm from 10% of the population being unable to spend bc of the benefits ending. let's see what happens.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Blitter posted:

Don't be dense, there is no upper bound on an uncontrolled viral epidemic in the long term - with ~35% of the infected not gaining significant immunity, dwindling vaccine efficacy and/or poor booster uptake, limited cross-strain immunity and selection pressure against both we will have a constant succession of variant waves.

Each wave will deal long term health issues to a percentage of the infected, and tear through them and those and other pre-existing conditions, and provide a perfect environment for producing the next dominant variant.

Repeat.
drat that sounds bad

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Koirhor posted:

ya I’ve been a college and nfl fan for a long time, last year was ok I watched my teams etc with mostly empty stadiums. not a great idea in general but sure whatever.

this weekend I watched some college games and the screaming masses in the packed stadiums and realizing what this means and what kind of people would do this made me turn it off in disgust and
horror.

I’m fully on team meteor, I’d like to say humanity had a good run but we didn’t

Those football players and cheerleaders and band people are going to gently caress up their young lives to entertain the masses. Open biden!

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Shitpostradomus posted:

everyone in my office has a cough.
one employee brought their toddler in two days ago.
now the kid is so sick the employee can't come in and we don't offer PTO so no one really ever calls out.

anyhow since that eats my entire rear end like a corncob, i figured i'd make a cool poster to the CSPAM COVID festival next weekend.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Fun fact. I did not get COVID from that, nor the Dodgers game I went to that trip either. When I returned home last week I isolated and took two COVID tests (three days after I returned home, and then 5 days after. As well as my temp twice daily. I felt fine the entire time.) both negative. Wearing good masks properly and being vaccinated in fact really does help.

It’s weird that I know that this thread has stricter standards than our government, and I know this thread is right. I’m still glad I was in LA for six weeks though. On top of getting paid, I got to see the beach for the first time in over a year, and doing a few Disneyland rides was super fun. I did everything right for the 14 months prior. That mental break and seeing family that was vaccinated was super good for my mental health. I feel stronger and ready for the winter because of it. I’m also perfectly aware that I basically played a version of Russian roulette and just happened to win.

I only did both of those things because of family social conflicts. I took a risk. In hindsight I probably would not do it again. That being said, other than once a week when I get groceries, I’ve locked in for the long-haul and happy to be safe.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Shitpostradomus posted:

gently caress it i'm gonna take my lunch just as bossman walks back in from lunch
he'll forget to ask what i was doing 30m later if i do that.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Blitter posted:

Don't be dense, there is no upper bound on an uncontrolled viral epidemic in the long term - with ~35% of the infected not gaining significant immunity, dwindling vaccine efficacy and/or poor booster uptake, limited cross-strain immunity and selection pressure against both we will have a constant succession of variant waves.

Each wave will deal long term health issues to a percentage of the infected, and tear through them and those and other pre-existing conditions, and provide a perfect environment for producing the next dominant variant.

Repeat.

humanity's future as The Matrix, except the machines are benevolent providers of palliative care, as every last human is vented and living out their remaining days in a simulation of the pre-pandemic 20th century

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

i thoroughly enjoyed sucking and loving over vaxx summer

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

genericnick posted:

So what does "living with the virus" actually mean?

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Ham Cheeks posted:

Tony the Titer

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

https://twitter.com/bucksexton/status/1434929824498339842?s=21

https://twitter.com/atensnut/status/1434922186633064451?s=21

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

government mandated "learning to live with the virus (except if the virus kills you)" reintroduction to society boot camp for all the holdouts

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

My brain is in a real bad place today, football stadiums packed to the tits while the media says we need to learn with the virus and also it’s so nice that things are back to normal is really loving me up this weekend.
yeah lol

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

50,000 Californians died after seeing the rest of the country suffer for half a year before it even got there in a significant way

Before you think I'm joking, I'm not. Cali was at 13.6k dead on labor day 2020, a full 6 months into the pandemic. By July 4 2021,the nadir of alpha , they were at 63.2k dead. 50k dead entirely due to political malpractice by newsom, and no one ever blamed him because Trump existed. Delta hasn't even hit them significantly and probably won't until Thanksgiving, where I'm sure it'll all be someone else's fault, again, as another 50k die in his state.

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Sep 6, 2021

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Technically true since mRNA tech has been in the works For a decade

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Yeah, all of this happening while multiple areas of the country have overflowing hospitals is just impossible to reconcile without accepting that COVID is truly over as far as the overwhelming majority of the country is concerned.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

bad post

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

Ebola Roulette posted:

"An endemic"

Endemic is an adjective not a noun you mouth breathing horse paste sucking chuds

i'm glad they did this, now if the virus has an r value above 1 it will go to jail and won't be able to infect anyone anymore

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

obese + trump tattoo + union logo on his hat = probably a driving union like teamsters or something.

those people are insufferable, of course this guy doubled down in his last words

also for the one or two goons who wanted to know: my moderna 1st shot five months after my j/j shot, no side effects other then a really sore arm in the injection site..other then that nothing. I had no side effects for the j/j shot either so I'm expecting moderna 2 to turn me into a frog or some poo poo

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

zer0spunk posted:

obese + trump tattoo + union logo on his hat = probably a driving union like teamsters or something.

those people are insufferable, of course this guy doubled down in his last words

also for the one or two goons who wanted to know: my moderna 1st shot five months after my j/j shot, no side effects other then a really sore arm in the injection site..other then that nothing. I had no side effects for the j/j shot either so I'm expecting moderna 2 to turn me into a frog or some poo poo

moderna 2 - big titers boogaloo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
I just realized I've never been to Applebee's.