Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Thoguh posted:

Bad things happen to other people, silly. Not them. They are the main character.

That's so funny that we call it that because all sorts of horrible poo poo happens to main characters. That's why ur the main character, because the Author is loving with you and loving it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

i think their mudslides are p good, probably not to die for tho

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

zer0spunk posted:

obese + trump tattoo + union logo on his hat = probably a driving union like teamsters or something.

those people are insufferable, of course this guy doubled down in his last words

Gotta hand it to him, he didn’t go out like a bitch begging for the vaccine on his death bed.
A real poster to the end

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Greg Legg posted:

I just realized I've never been to Applebee's.

T.G.I. Friday's is better

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Damnit

I got moderna and all I got Was a sore arm

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Consummate Professional posted:

We went to a TGI Friday's once because it was the only place nearby and we were hungry. We each got a burger and two pints of light beer. The bill was $46 pre-tip.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Greg Legg posted:

I just realized I've never been to Applebee's.

you are missing absolutely nothing. and I don't even mean that in a derogatory manner or anything either, it's all the exact same underseasoned sysco food

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Coldrice posted:

Open everything up, and accept that a percentage of the population will die, and that a percentage of the population will have "long covid" for the rest of their lives. It just becomes another hazard of living like getting a cold.

Weird seems to have been what we did for the last fourteen months.

Teenage Riot
May 25, 2010

Bring back Bennigan's, the sacrificial lamb of the garbage casual chains

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

You think Dick would be anti-vax or jam every needle he could find into his arm until he breaks free from causality?

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

SKULL.GIF posted:

you are missing absolutely nothing. and I don't even mean that in a derogatory manner or anything either, it's all the exact same underseasoned sysco food

It was one of the better restaurants in my hometown, and probably the nicest bar.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Teenage Riot posted:

There's still a Bennigan's in Steubenville OH, the land that time forgot.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Nothus posted:

It was one of the better restaurants in my hometown, and probably the nicest bar.

drat thats depressing

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Consummate Professional posted:

SKULL.GIF posted:

Ah. I figured it was something like uncle moe's family feedbag.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
with covid being endemic of course it'll be astronomically more likely for the poor to get bad effects from it than the rich, which means stuff like sports being one way out of poverty is coming to an end

Reapermort
Feb 25, 2006
Had my third Moderna shot yesterday. Split the difference between 6 and 8 months.
The city health department where I live in Texas is going to be tossing over 30 vials of vaccine come Tuesday because no one is getting vaccinated still. Spent the night tossing and turning because every joint in my body was aching. Starting to feel better this morning though. Definitely milder side effects than the second dose.

Teenage Riot
May 25, 2010

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

God bless, going on a Covid road trip to get cajun pasta that is different from Chili's cajun pasta in that you get both shrimp and chicken instead of having to choose between the two

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Teenage Riot posted:

is that the one that had a monte cristo sandwich on the menu?

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Strong "but 90% of white southerners didn't own slaves!" energy

:thermidor:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

empty whippet box posted:

with covid being endemic of course it'll be astronomically more likely for the poor to get bad effects from it than the rich, which means stuff like sports being one way out of poverty is coming to an end

Naw, you already needed to get lucky and not get injured in a way that ends your career, COVID is just one more dice roll.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

drat thats depressing

If it was a special occasion, we'd dress up and go to Red Lobster.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

sigh, I won't say better times because that's bullshit for a lot of reasons, but I think I can say blissful times :smith:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Is Newsom really in danger of losing or is this just the Democrats having no other messaging to lean on other than saying republicans are scary so vote for us.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Koirhor posted:

is that the one that had a monte cristo sandwich on the menu?

oh gently caress yeah, I need to recreate that death sandwich

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Thoguh posted:

Is Newsom really in danger of losing or is this just the Democrats having no other messaging to lean on other than saying republicans are scary so vote for us.

the recall is pretty incoherent because i dont think most of california understands that the person who gets the most votes, no matter how stupid that person is, and that person cannot be newsom (so dems are not messaging a backup) so its likely some moron wins but the consequences arent communicated to anyone clearly.

most people seem to think "newsom bad, i guess" or "newsom not terrible, but maybe a republican might win?" which is a complete failure of dem messaging and leadership lol

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1434943079572807687

looks like the ivermectin judge realized what he was about to unleash in letting people sue hospitals for not giving them the drugs they want

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Nothus posted:

I lived in a pretty small town for a couple years and the Applebee's was definitely the second fanciest place in town. People would go there for birthdays and stuff all the time.

It's fine. Just replacement level fast casual food. Probably not worth dying of COVID over, although they did have some decent happy hour beer specials 15 years ago.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

genericnick posted:

So what does "living with the virus" actually mean?

Mr Hootington posted:

None of the people saying to we need to learn to love with covid will die of covid because they get the best treatment no matter what. Covid is a poor person disease. Once this was figured out back in May 2020 it was open season.

Mr Hootington posted:

Yep. All you have to do is look at what the elites are doing, what are the tech companies doing, what are the finance parasites doing? They are getting boosters. They are getting the best treatments. They are WFH. They require all the help to be masked, gloved, and vaxxed. The divide has never been clearer in modern America.

It is a concerted effort to genocide OP

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

horse paste! *click*

Teenage Riot
May 25, 2010

Applebee's was good when they had half-price apps and dollar lovely margaritas and I had no money

Not as good as the bar with 50 cent PBRs on Thursdays though

Iverron
May 13, 2012

turkey o’toole was a good sandwich

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Teenage Riot posted:

Applebee's was good when they had half-price apps and dollar lovely margaritas and I had no money

Not as good as the bar with 50 cent PBRs on Thursdays though

We have a place that has dollar PBRs on Wednesdays, and I thought that was a good deal. ALso they have trashcans full of PBR and ice they serve them out of, so I'm probably paying that other .50 for the classy presentation.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

anime was right posted:

the recall is pretty incoherent because i dont think most of california understands that the person who gets the most votes, no matter how stupid that person is, and that person cannot be newsom (so dems are not messaging a backup) so its likely some moron wins but the consequences arent communicated to anyone clearly.

most people seem to think "newsom bad, i guess" or "newsom not terrible, but maybe a republican might win?" which is a complete failure of dem messaging and leadership lol

elder getting the closest to newsom helped newsom, since he’s an easy target and scary as gently caress.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The largest concentration of wealth in the underclasses is only found in old people.

Who wants that little remaining wealth? The upper class.

Who controls all media, policy, and power? The upper class.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The covid response is Classicide.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Dustcat posted:

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1434943079572807687

looks like the ivermectin judge realized what he was about to unleash in letting people sue hospitals for not giving them the drugs they want

Oh the hospital CEO called his buddy the chudge and told him what’s up.

https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/status/1434772967418908675

Libs are so dumb

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

The Vinja Ninja posted:

The brother shot was wearing a Give me Liberty or give me death shirt.

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Ham Cheeks posted:

Tony the Titer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
Getting that fun Iraq war feeling where I live in a completely different reality than the culture around me and accepted conventional wisdom is that everything is fine instead of hosed up and getting worse with every moment that passes without positive action.