Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Hyperlynx posted:

I should also say, though, that the VIC state government is taking this extremely loving seriously. We're on tight lockdown, and have been for a while now, until we hit 70% vaccinated.

Unlike the NSW government, who decided listening to the magnate owner of a retail chain was better advice than the state medical experts in regards to whether to lock down or not. Gerry Harvey preferred people shopping in his stores rather than not, for some reason...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Unlike the NSW government, who decided listening to the magnate owner of a retail chain was better advice than the state medical experts in regards to whether to lock down or not. Gerry Harvey preferred people shopping in his stores rather than not, for some reason...

This is not the place for it, but the fact that Bunnings was open in NSW whilst they were getting hundreds of new cases every day makes me so mad.

Just like Victoria had made it to 0 cases 0 deaths for a while, but because of NSW's lax lockdown someone infected from up there came down and hosed us into the mess we have now.

image tax 1) dancing reverse mermaid:

image tax 2) wrath of the capybaras:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

If you wanna know why Australia has currently hosed up and is in the middle of an outbreak

Enjoy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_0zFEtPbiA

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

While the US famously made export illegal until 100% of Americans would be vaccinated #AmericaFirst

Nah: https://www.rollcall.com/2021/05/17/us-to-export-another-20-million-doses-of-covid-19-vaccines-globally/

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

sure would be nice if they didnt patent the vaccine and not allow other countries to make it

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

At. The. Time.

Then lol republicans and bleach, and you lot went welp we got 100% of the ones who don't have worms good enough, now that we're done the dirty foreigners can have it, allow export. Export which should never have been held up in the first place when this all happened 6-12 months ago. No-one else confiscated shipments you tremendous trashcan gently caress.

E. You're so crooked you'll confiscate spiral staircases next so you have somewhere to sleep

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ThisIsJohnWayne has a new favorite as of 08:18 on Sep 6, 2021

Mechanical Pencil
Feb 19, 2013

by vyelkin

Love how they turn up the Leslie at the end

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

While the US famously made export illegal until 100% of Americans would be vaccinated #AmericaFirst

Technically the unvaccinated dying off WILL eventually get us to that 100% goal.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

This isn't funny at all. :(

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

RoboRodent posted:

This isn't funny at all. :(

More a sad haha. Like that clown you know? pantliano or whatever.. He sad, but funny.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

The Bananana posted:

More a sad haha. Like that clown you know? pantliano or whatever.. He sad, but funny.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

I don't understand this Loss.jpg edit.

It's the free press. That's what is miscarried.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Pretty sure WaPo had the same position on taxes and billionaires even before Bezos. That's why he bought them.

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

At. The. Time.

Then lol republicans and bleach, and you lot went welp we got 100% of the ones who don't have worms good enough, now that we're done the dirty foreigners can have it, allow export. Export which should never have been held up in the first place when this all happened 6-12 months ago. No-one else confiscated shipments you tremendous trashcan gently caress.

E. You're so crooked you'll confiscate spiral staircases next so you have somewhere to sleep

Do you have anything to back up the claim that the US banned exports until 100% of the population was vaccinated at *any* time?

Should be easy because it's famous, right?

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Democracy dies in darkness, indeed.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
pre-bezos wapo was deep in bed with the CIA through the mid-century american aristocracy (the georgetown set) who basically dictated foreign policy from their house parties in DC, from about eisenhower to nixon. up to you which is worse

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG

DeadlyMuffin posted:

Do you have anything to back up the claim that the US banned exports until 100% of the population was vaccinated at *any* time?

Should be easy because it's famous, right?

Didn’t happen. The deal the previous admin made with manufacturers is that the government wouldn’t export its inventory of vaccines, but manufacturers weren’t prohibited from exporting (if they had enough inventory after supplying the US market). There was no *ban*.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Found this from four years ago. It was my introduction to Tucker Carlson. I remember thinking, this guy is trying SO HARD to comprehend Black Lives Matter. Now I know that's just his bizarre default expression.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

So pfizer wasn't banned from exporting, they were just banned from selling to any other countries. Totally different thing

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

credburn posted:

Found this from four years ago. It was my introduction to Tucker Carlson. I remember thinking, this guy is trying SO HARD to comprehend Black Lives Matter. Now I know that's just his bizarre default expression.

he probably thinks it makes him look like columbo

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

flavor.flv posted:

So pfizer wasn't banned from exporting, they were just banned from selling to any other countries. Totally different thing

Oh sure, now you want a piece of our for profit healthcare system.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Its worse that there are four boxes too, whats in the other 3?

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.

Zil posted:

Its worse that there are four boxes too, whats in the other 3?

Well, that’s obviously shoulders, knees and toes…

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Red is Dead posted:

Well, that’s obviously shoulders, knees and toes…

:hmmyes:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Head glove is definitely a phrase made up by somebody who forgot the word "puppet".

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

SpacePig posted:

Head glove is definitely a phrase made up by somebody who forgot the word "puppet".

Well, yes, but I think they mean "dinosaur-head gloves", not "dinosaur head-gloves".

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I feel like other languages might handle this with less ambiguity. What's french for battle dinosaur head gloves? Or, indeed, Finnish?

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

SpacePig posted:

If it doesn't have arms or a torso, it's not a puppet.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Tree Bucket posted:

I feel like other languages might handle this with less ambiguity. What's french for battle dinosaur head gloves? Or, indeed, Finnish?

After the Finno-Korean Hyperwar that word was deleted from the human infosphere.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

https://twitter.com/diannaeanderson/status/1433628872155742209

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/StrangeCoisas/status/1431244870182744074

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Tree Bucket posted:

In German I believe it would be Kampfdinosaurierkopffausthandschuh

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

SpacePig posted:

A head glove is a hat :colbert:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.