Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
How did he find a Chicagoan willing to make that for him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

used the "MACE, T-BAR, SLAPJACK" voice when listing off the mixer's features, beautiful

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
People get like, shockingly angry when I say ketchup doesn't go on hotdogs. Like as mad as people get when they hear someone order a well done steak. One guy clapped back at me with "OH SO YOU JUST EAT IT PLAIN?". Cause if there's no ketchup, clearly the only thing I coulda meant was eating it plain.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

who gives a poo poo its a tube of pig asses put what you want on it

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
getting picky about what people are allowed to put on their hot dogs is even weirder to me than people who have strong opinions about pizza toppings

it's all garbage, eat trash, be free

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Joey McChrist posted:

who gives a poo poo its a tube of pig asses put what you want on it

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lid posted:

Having just been there, not hard? They just upcharge and/or make fun of you for it.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

these loving shoes i swear to god lmao

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1434964384418250763

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol Bryan has mastered trolling and social media

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

You did not just compare eating lips and assholes with the "wrong" condiment to eating a well done steak.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Haven't gotten too far in the Q&A from this week, but one of the questions made me laugh really hard: "Dave, have you ever seen the Grateful Dead? And Bryan, have you ever been to a concert?"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1434975251839000580

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

TL posted:

Haven't gotten too far in the Q&A from this week, but one of the questions made me laugh really hard: "Dave, have you ever seen the Grateful Dead? And Bryan, have you ever been to a concert?"

I loved that. Also the crowd cheer/laughing when Bryan asked Dave to let him finish his point when Dave suddenly started off on a whole new tangent :allears:

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Lid posted:

Cause every major wrestling show that goes to "Chicago" is actually like 100 miles away in the suburbs so it's not actually Chicago but everyone there just says they're from Chicago anyway.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Drakkel posted:

Cause every major wrestling show that goes to "Chicago" is actually like 100 miles away in the suburbs so it's not actually Chicago but everyone there just says they're from Chicago anyway.

What about AEW Rampage?! :smug:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Drakkel posted:

Comedian Jim Gaffigan has a bit where people will say they live "just outside of Chicago", and when pressed, it's "Milwaukee".

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

I love this bit.

TL posted:

Well has he?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

He said the last concert he went to was Alice in Chains!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Jerusalem posted:

He said the last concert he went to was Alice in Chains!

I have this issue where I have to keep trying to not confuse Alice in Chains (eh grunge era group that probably Craig is obsessed by still) with The Jesus and Mary Chain (legendary influential alt rock Scottish band)

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I just imagined trying to wear those shoes with socks and caught a cramp

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Lid posted:

I have this issue where I have to keep trying to not confuse Alice in Chains (eh grunge era group that probably Craig is obsessed by still) with The Jesus and Mary Chain (legendary influential alt rock Scottish band)

Both bands rule tbh, AIC are probably the grunge band I listen to the most.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

forkboy84 posted:

Both bands rule tbh, AIC are probably the grunge band I listen to the most.

Confirmed as Tommy Dreamer's SA account.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Blaise330 posted:

I just imagined trying to wear those shoes with socks and caught a cramp

Just buy the socks with the toes

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

I saw a sign last night that said "Normalize ketchup on hot dogs" and I support that.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Is it not normal to have ketchup on hot dogs?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

CopywrightMMXI posted:

a lot of americans have bizarre and arcane rules about their junk food.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Honest to God, I was born and raised in Chicago and didn't know people were weird about that till college.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

You've never had kimchi and Sriracha mayo on a hotdog? You sheltered bumpkin.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

The Grateful Dead/Concert question came from comedian Matt McCarthy, who both has a standup EP about wrestling and co-hosts We Watch Wrestling.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

JT Smiley posted:

Honest to God, I was born and raised in Chicago and didn't know people were weird about that till college.

When I was 10 or so I got yelled at by a adult for asking for ketchup on one. Not jokingly they guy was legit not happy I asked for ketchup. Mind you I'm like 10 and it's lunch hosted by the soccer club I was in.

I don't think they have done it for a long time by Gene and Judes in River Grove were straight up kick you out and refuse you if you ordered with ketchup.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Man WOR is a totally different show when Bryan and Dave actually like what they're reviewing, it was so refreshing.

Digital Jedi posted:

When I was 10 or so I got yelled at by a adult for asking for ketchup on one. Not jokingly they guy was legit not happy I asked for ketchup. Mind you I'm like 10 and it's lunch hosted by the soccer club I was in.

I don't think they have done it for a long time by Gene and Judes in River Grove were straight up kick you out and refuse you if you ordered with ketchup.

It's hilarious that the McDonalds next door has signs posted to not bother them for ketchup.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

I loved that. Also the crowd cheer/laughing when Bryan asked Dave to let him finish his point when Dave suddenly started off on a whole new tangent :allears:

It was one of the hosts of We Watch Wrestling, Matt McCarthy. He's a decently funny stand-up, and he's been in a bunch of commercials and Comedy Central stuff. His co-host was the guy who asked Dave why he engages with idiots on social media.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

CopywrightMMXI posted:

What are you meant to put on a hot dog?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
A good spicy mustard. really anything to add flavor to the horse asses.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Davros1 posted:

Just buy the socks with the toes

I guess 2 wrongs do make a right

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpZ_fakwSwc

Google's answer to ketchup on hotdogs is that its fine for kids

"The National Hot Dog and Sausage Council recently came out in disapproval of adults using ketchup on hot dogs. In a guide to hot dog etiquette, the organization decreed that for those 18 years of age and older, acceptable wiener toppings include mustard, relish, onions, cheese and chili."

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Sep 7, 2021

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
from the can, it looks like they come with ketchup on them. i don't know what to tell you.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Blaise330 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpZ_fakwSwc

Google's answer to ketchup on hotdogs is that its fine for kids

"The National Hot Dog and Sausage Council recently came out in disapproval of adults using ketchup on hot dogs. In a guide to hot dog etiquette, the organization decreed that for those 18 years of age and older, acceptable wiener toppings include mustard, relish, onions, cheese and chili."

old people are against ketchup but it's winning the demo and that's all that matters

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

hot dogs are just kinda bad unless they're rippers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It's called catsup.