Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i probably would have done it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

drat frig that i think i'd definitely have taken the million bux if it was cash and not some poo poo coin itself

a) rich people dont work for their money

b) when do nft blockchains run the maths?? when someone uh...verifies a jpg? and or jpgs are bought/sold?

like im dumb and not sure this makes sense but Im wondering how much activity these networks these nfts actually use compared to big things like buttcoin etc

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
somehow i doubt they would actually get a million dollarinos for making pixelated dwarves. this is probably some dumb scheme where they'd get $1 per avatar and the crypto dipshits expect to make a million individual ones or something

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Bulgakov posted:

drat frig that i think i'd definitely have taken the million bux if it was cash and not some poo poo coin itself

a) rich people dont work for their money

b) when do nft blockchains run the maths?? when someone uh...verifies a jpg? and or jpgs are bought/sold?

like im dumb and not sure this makes sense but Im wondering how much activity these networks these nfts actually use compared to big things like buttcoin etc

there’s less activity than with buttcoins but a jpeg would be too big and too much math so it’s just a URL. yes you can own an NFT that is eventually a 404

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

eSports Chaebol posted:

there’s less activity than with buttcoins but a jpeg would be too big and too much math so it’s just a URL. yes you can own an NFT that is eventually a 404

double 404 given enough time (a few weeks or months), the NFT points to one webserver that's just a .json describing where the image is, on another webserver.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
some of them have the image in them for real but they're tiny and look like poo poo

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Presumably that's why they wanted to hire a pixel artist to do 64x64 images?

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/OnEstLaTech/status/1434575322465382404

Protonmail is snitching on climate activists to the police

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Blockade posted:

lol at all the ignorant idealist eff types and credulous anarchists pushing techbro-tonmail. only trust your fists and definitely don’t trust someone else to manage your encryption for you when it comes to matters of life and death.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

camoseven posted:

Why/how are they even being sued? I thought gun companies had immunity from suits like this
They're protected from strict liability cases (can't be sued just for making and selling legal guns) but can be sued for other things. In this case, the argument is that their ad campaign for the Bushmaster rifle was responsible for encouraging the shooter to use their guns in a violent crime. The plaintiffs will win in court, the second circuit will uphold it, and the Supreme Court will overturn it.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
they put up a "wahh there was quite simply nothing we could do about this" post

https://protonmail.com/blog/climate-activist-arrest/

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

lol that protonmail isn’t even as honorable as lavabit, which closed its doors the moment something similar happened to them in 2013. raking in the francs!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

30.5 Days posted:

some of them have the image in them for real but they're tiny and look like poo poo

Turn on your monitor

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
trust only your pigeon.

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Nobody has figured out how to beat a paper one time pad so just do that if you got to be a secret squirrel about whatever

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Blockade posted:

lol at using "free" internet software to plan things the authorities won't like

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Blockade posted:

Nobody has figured out how to beat a paper one time pad so just do that if you got to be a secret squirrel about whatever

securely distributing your OTP is kinda the challenge there

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Blockade posted:

It’s not a matter of figuring it out. It’s mathematically proven to be perfectly secure. It’s just impractical for most uses.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Blockade posted:

Wonder how many people are gonna get sploded by french intelligence on account of this

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Platystemon posted:

It’s not a matter of figuring it out. It’s mathematically proven to be perfectly secure. It’s just impractical for most uses.

Make sure you give it to someone in person. And if you have the ability to meet someone in person, the most secure thing is to have a conversation in a windowless room with no phones present.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

a conversation a windowless room with an accomplice in this day and age? I was only born with two lungs!

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Chamale posted:

Make sure you give it to someone in person. And if you have the ability to meet someone in person, the most secure thing is to have a conversation in a windowless room with no phones present.

And sadly none of that matters if you can’t trust the persons in the room

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007
man you guys are real downers, it sounds like being an eco-terrorist is just loving impossible. i give up. gently caress this.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

mawarannahr posted:

a conversation a windowless room with an accomplice in this day and age? I was only born with two lungs!

Anyone worth organizing with will have had three or four covid vaccines by now and hasn't set foot in a restaurant for 18 months

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Chamale posted:

Or you can smuggle a micro SD card once, on the terms of your choosing, and then have secure communications over public channels at any time in the future.

There are good reasons that no one uses OTPs today, but “you could just meet in a windowless room” isn’t one of them.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!

IAMKOREA posted:

man you guys are real downers, it sounds like being an eco-terrorist is just loving impossible. i give up. gently caress this.

I mean the incels manage, I guess they just want it more?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Shyrka posted:

I mean the incels manage, I guess they just want it more?

The incels manage because they're on the same team

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

incels are also just randomly lashing out at strangers, they're not accomplishing anything beyond murder

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Chamale posted:

alexa play whitenoise.mp3

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

just lol if you aren't speaking in a nearly incomprehensible argot that's also in code 24/7

just hiding those schemes inside a sandwich of mmo strats and trumo references in minecraft

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Kitfox88 posted:

alexa play whitenoise.mp3

I do NOT give Alexa permission to vocalize my posts

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Cheap Trick posted:

I do NOT give Alexa permission to vocalize my posts

lol

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Shear Modulus posted:

i probably would have done it

I 100% would have done it and been stuck in court for 5 years when they tried to pay me in Dogecoin

Mindless
Dec 7, 2001

WANTED: INFO on Mindless. Anything! Everything! Send to
Pillbug
The future is immense matrioshka brain computers running on scant watts leaking from ancient black holes over trillions upon trillions of years still crunching humanity's reciepts

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Mindless posted:

The future is immense matrioshka brain computers running on scant watts leaking from ancient black holes over trillions upon trillions of years still crunching humanity's reciepts

they will simulate Marvel comics movies and focus test them to a simulated audience. forever.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

uber_stoat posted:

they will simulate Marvel comics movies and focus test them to a simulated audience. forever.

I have no mouth and I must scream.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

uber_stoat posted:

the future is now babey

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Mindless posted:

this is good for bitcoin

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/LessPopMoreFizz/status/1435762269091139587?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
they're not poppers that's their attempt to disguise aromatherapy for the gamer market, which imo makes it much much funnier