Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

uber_stoat posted:

is this true?!?! i don't think it matters. everything is true now.

https://twitter.com/jeek/status/1434693778246340610?s=20

oh its a genocide then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylent Majority
Jul 13, 2020

Dune 2: Chicks At The Same Time

apatheticman posted:

Very rude of you all to not acknowledge my cat post.

Very...

Fuckin...

Rude...

I dig scrotumcats, what rescue did you work with? wanna get one eventually but I only get cats used so it’ll have to be a rescue sitch

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Twigand Berries posted:

This is amazing. When I was a Paramedic I had a day where I had elderly falls one after another I think at least 11 in a row. Half of them had vasovagaled themselves on the toilet which usually isn't the worst fall other than there's poops about but man we should put one of these on everybody over 60

and everyone at a college kegger

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Koirhor posted:

and everyone at a college kegger

oh my god that would rule

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

https://twitter.com/monicagandhi9/status/1434969673485860866?s=21

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
scrolling through Labor Day sales lookin for something that will temporarily distract me from how much it sucks to live on this planet

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Petey posted:

join me in salvation

Goons always posting thier fetish dungeons

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

motorcycle airbag jackets are pretty common now. they're cool. also they sell refills for the charges because you can and will someday forget about the bar tether and hop off your bike and blow your jacket in a 7/11 parking lot and look like an idiot

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

looking around the world wide web for some good eats

https://twitter.com/torriangray/status/1434246540063694848

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

where did the people in the hospitals go

GhostOfTomNook
Aug 17, 2003

El gallo Pinto no pinta,
el que pinta es el pintor.

Thanks to open er up, we had an at-home vaccine challenge experiment the last 10 days.

Both of my kids (and their mom) tested positive for covid. Presumably they got it at school and gave it to her before they were symptomatic.

They were already with me before we knew they had covid, so my partner and I quarantined with the kids. So far, neither of us tested positive over a series of antigen and PCR tests and I can’t believe it.

I had assumed prolonged exposure to virus would eventually lead to an infection. Is complete immunity possible? How likely?

Also holy poo poo so many kids are going to give their families covid this fall.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Chamale posted:

Lmao do those do bad things together? Warfarin is hosed, you can't have any grapefruit, garlic, ginger, or mango, and can't eat too much raw vegetables and whole grains

It was a woman so she also had other imminent... bleeding issues besides from her rear end.

You're exaggerating how bad warfarin is though. For non-chuds it's mostly leafy greens with heavy vitamin K that are the problem. And even then, you can have most things as long as your diet stays consistent.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Schnorkles posted:

doctor i started making GBS threads blood after i took ivermectin

maybe don't do that

this is the libs fault, i must keep taking ivermectin

"doctor, it hurts when I do this!" *squeezes tube of horse paste into open mouth*

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hollismason posted:

Try to bring back smoke enemas , a real thing that people did in the like 17th century where they blew smoke up someones rear end which is where the phrase comes from

You better not look up Vaginal Steaming

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
i wish everything wasn't so terrible all the time

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

GhostOfTomNook posted:

Thanks to open er up, we had an at-home vaccine challenge experiment the last 10 days.

Both of my kids (and their mom) tested positive for covid. Presumably they got it at school and gave it to her before they were symptomatic.

They were already with me before we knew they had covid, so my partner and I quarantined with the kids. So far, neither of us tested positive over a series of antigen and PCR tests and I can’t believe it.

I had assumed prolonged exposure to virus would eventually lead to an infection. Is complete immunity possible? How likely?

Also holy poo poo so many kids are going to give their families covid this fall.

how long since your 2nd shot?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

anyone remember from I think early last year, the clip of some Arizona chud at maybe a city council meeting going on some bizarre rant, and then it pans to the guy in the green polo who is just laughing hysterically?

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GhostOfTomNook posted:

What vaccines did you get? 2 doses? How recent?

Did either of you get a 3rd shot? How recently?

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

razorscooter posted:

looking around the world wide web for some good eats

https://twitter.com/torriangray/status/1434246540063694848

lol i've never seen it squeezed out before. i was imagining an opaque green paste, it's like a clear jelly.

also isn't that video literally the exact definition of "virtue signaling"? he is theatrically doing a thing that has become a cultural ritual to prove his commitment. I Have Ingested The Horse Paste. This is that false idols stuff that ancient religion correctly warns us about, it's bad!

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

actionjackson posted:

anyone remember from I think early last year, the clip of some Arizona chud at maybe a city council meeting going on some bizarre rant, and then it pans to the guy in the green polo who is just laughing hysterically?

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Chad Sexington posted:

It was a woman so she also had other imminent... bleeding issues besides from her rear end.

You're exaggerating how bad warfarin is though. For non-chuds it's mostly leafy greens with heavy vitamin K that are the problem. And even then, you can have most things as long as your diet stays consistent.

I was on warfarin. As long as I ate a steady amount of vitamin K that wasn't a problem, but eating too much fibre while on it can cause horrible nausea. And it interacts with a bunch of chemicals, hence the long list of plants I was told to avoid entirely.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

actionjackson posted:

believe it or not, but green shirt guy was from The Before Times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq37RClh4bY

they were mad about immigration. they're always mad about something. we really need to stop letting them disrupt everything constantly.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

it's still Thursday according to my districts COVID dashboard

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Jon Irenicus posted:

where did the people in the hospitals go

Having fewer cases that need hospital beds? Too hard.
Having more hospital beds and staff to increase capacity? Too expensive.

What we need is to just decrease the duration each bed is needed, and that'll improve throughput. Good for capacity numbers, good for the business!

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Dustcat posted:

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1434943079572807687

looks like the ivermectin judge realized what he was about to unleash in letting people sue hospitals for not giving them the drugs they want

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1434948263497637891?s=21

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
So as a big dumb idiot baby who doesn't understand biology; why is it that monoclonal antibodies are only effective when given early on? Like antibodies are how your body fights off all sicknesses, right? Why is it that the vast majority of COVID cases aren't just 'here's some regeneron, go home, get some rest, you'll be fine.'

Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT
It’s not just Florida rationing oxygen to the wastewater plants. Smells loving awful! Thanks covid.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

So as a big dumb idiot baby who doesn't understand biology; why is it that monoclonal antibodies are only effective when given early on? Like antibodies are how your body fights off all sicknesses, right? Why is it that the vast majority of COVID cases aren't just 'here's some regeneron, go home, get some rest, you'll be fine.'

Inflammatory response at a certain point is like trying to stop a freight train

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

if you get sick enough your body basically kills itself trying to make itself inhospitable to foreign bodies

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
a storm is coming... a cytokine storm!

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

uber_stoat posted:

a storm is coming... a cytokine storm!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Because most of the damage for severe case is due to the virus and inflammation spreading all over the body especially in the lungs.

monoclonal antibodies are most effective at the beginning of a detected infection to help neutralize / reduce the infection before it gets really out of control.

https://www.healthline.com/health-n...body-treatment?

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Metaphorically, the covid virions are zombies and the antibodies are heavily armed soldiers who know what a zombie looks like. If someone has severe covid, sending soldiers to shoot the millions of zombies isn't going to save the people (organs) who've already been eaten.

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Another thing amazing me is all these people complaining about the poo poo they've been missing for a year and I'm like, what the gently caress do you think being poor is like? There were people in the Australian D&D thread legit saying that restricting international travel was a burden on Australians because so many people fly. But the poor don't. The homeless who don't live on the beach never visit the beach. They don't watch every sports game in person. They don't go to restaurants every day. So much of what people are going crazy missing out on are things people in lower classes just don't get ever. If these people had empathy and could make the connection to what lockdowns do to them and what economical lockout does to the poor, capitalism would be burned to the ground tomorrow.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

https://twitter.com/sportingnews/status/1434253175410855948?s=21

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Eventually your body is basically nuking itself to try to kill the virus, just protein soldiers flamethrowering your own organvillages to save them that kind of thing, in a desperate attempt to wipe out the virus before succumbing to it, no matter the cost. Once you drop the nukes, killing the enemy is no longer your biggest problem. That's basically what an out of control systemic inflammation response is, the nuclear button.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Phigs posted:

Another thing amazing me is all these people complaining about the poo poo they've been missing for a year and I'm like, what the gently caress do you think being poor is like? There were people in the Australian D&D thread legit saying that restricting international travel was a burden on Australians because so many people fly. But the poor don't. The homeless who don't live on the beach never visit the beach. They don't watch every sports game in person. They don't go to restaurants every day. So much of what people are going crazy missing out on are things people in lower classes just don't get ever. If these people had empathy and could make the connection to what lockdowns do to them and what economical lockout does to the poor, capitalism would be burned to the ground tomorrow.

Those people never mattered to the powerful, op

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

great energy/vibes here, such that the hospital will probably be full by tuesday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Chamale posted:

Metaphorically, the covid virions are zombies and the antibodies are heavily armed soldiers who know what a zombie looks like. If someone has severe covid, sending soldiers to shoot the millions of zombies isn't going to save the people (organs) who've already been eaten.

The Oldest Man posted:

Eventually your body is basically nuking itself to try to kill the virus, just protein soldiers flamethrowering your own organvillages to save them that kind of thing, in a desperate attempt to wipe out the virus before succumbing to it, no matter the cost. Once you drop the nukes, killing the enemy is no longer your biggest problem. That's basically what an out of control systemic inflammation response is, the nuclear button.

these are very colorful metaphors for biological processes and I love them