Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

ASAPRockySituation posted:

Alright, so I did something very similar to those guys but with a variation and you tell me if you like the turnout better:

1. Kelce
2. Diggs
3. Edwards-Helaire
4. Swift
5. Lockett
6. Julio
7. Brady
8. Henderson
9. Chark
10. Conner
11. Mike Williams
12. Sermon

13 and 14 are IDPs so I doubt ya'll'd care.

e: it is ppr 10 team

Yeah I like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

From last night, 10 team, 1PPR.

I think I started strong then went b2b TE/QB and that was my downfall. My bench feels too much like I'm relying on someone breaking out rather than having a couple reliable veteran fellas in there.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

3 DONG HORSE posted:

From last night, 10 team, 1PPR.

I think I started strong then went b2b TE/QB and that was my downfall. My bench feels too much like I'm relying on someone breaking out rather than having a couple reliable veteran fellas in there.

I think it is fine, going b2b TE and QB in the 7th round is not a big deal, I think generally people were discussing it as if you went Kelce/Mahomes or something in the first 2 round when you absolutely lose a ton of RB value. I think your bench is fine also, typically I try and get 1 extra RB and WR who will get some points if you need them, but the rest should be speculative high upside guys who might do nothing or they might have WR2/RB2 value. If they don't end up worthwhile it does not matter since you need someone to drop for waiver moves anyway.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Fate Accomplice posted:

if he's the ~only option on offense, a massive downgrade at QB, and he'll see stacked boxes the entire season, then I'm not sure what volume will get you besides hurt unless his talent is McCaffrey level. and he's already hurt.

I really think the lions are significantly worse than last year.

Going by fantasy pros PPR rankings, if you're waiting til the 5th or 6th round, you're taking guys like Mike Davis, Henderson, Gaskin, maybe even Chase Edmonds, ahead of Swift. Maybe there's just a disconnect in how high you think other people are on him? He's a mid RB2, interchangeable with Montgomery and Sanders. Or you'd really take Mike Davis ahead of him?

sourdough fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Sep 6, 2021

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

sourdough posted:

Going by fantasy pros PPR rankings, if you're waiting til the 5th or 6th round, you're taking guys like Mike Davis, Henderson, Gaskin, maybe even Chase Edmonds, ahead of Swift. Maybe there's just a disconnect in how high you think other people are on him? He's a mid RB2, interchangeable with Montgomery and Sanders. Or you'd really take Mike Davis ahead of him?

Mike Davis had 1100 total yards, 60 catches, and 8 TDs in 15 games last season on a bad Carolina team and is now on Atlanta with a far better passing game.

Also not already injured.

Yes, I'd take Mike Davis ahead of Swift this year.

EDIT: and Henderson. the Rams will be good this year, the Lions will be bad.

To be clear, there is absolutely a disconnect between how high others are on him and my take - that's the reason I asked the question.

Fate Accomplice fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Sep 6, 2021

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

sourdough posted:

I would be ok with Henderson over Swift, but more skeptical of the others. I feel like Michel is just an injury prone JAG, and more of a signing because he was cheap and they did not like their depth vs him taking much time from Henderson. Henderson was productive for his touches last year, and only lost value when Akers and Brown came in for long period, neither playing this year and both better than Michel.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
Got offered Ridley for Amari Cooper and Henderson and I feel like I have to take it right? Leaves me a bit thin at RB though. Rest of team:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I would but I'm not very high on Henderson or Cooper personally. Ridley on the other hand was a top 5 receiver even with Julio Jones there

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Ridley is gonna get 150+ targets. I’d do pretty much anything to get him on my team.

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

It's my first time playing FAAB ($100).

I am desperate for a safe WR (I have Robby Anderson, Jeudy, Laviska Shenault, Sutton, Corey Davis, Waddle, Cooks, Antonio Brown, just hoping somebody falls into a consistent role)

Tee Higgins just ended up on the wire.

I have no idea how much FAAB is appropriate. I was hoping about $18-20? But 1/5 of my budget feels nuts.

There are definitely going to be people bidding him up just to block me, like the guy who kept trying to trade Tee Higgins to me before dropping.

Sorry, completely new to FAAB (it was added after my win last year because I played the waiver wire "too hard")

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

freeman posted:

Got offered Ridley for Amari Cooper and Henderson and I feel like I have to take it right? Leaves me a bit thin at RB though. Rest of team:

It is leaving you sort of thin at RB, but I agree that Ridley should be a monster this year and is worth the gamble.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

basement jihadist posted:

Tee Higgins just ended up on the wire.

What???

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
Just accepted. Thanks for the responses. At least it opens up another spot so I can grab some random handcuff.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

RCarr posted:

What???

My reaction too. Somebody hit the wrong button twice?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea Tee Higgins is a starting quality WR and you should probably bid like $75 at least. Or at least I would. There‘s basically zero chance a WR of that caliber ever hits the waiver wire again.

Although at least one person in your league has absolutely no idea what they are doing, so, :shrug:

Unless this is an 8 team league or something

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

RCarr posted:

What???

8-team league. Dude has Diggs, Lamb, and AJ Brown.

So... $30 FAAB?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Oh 8 team league, that makes more sense. I honestly have no idea how to judge any value in an 8 team league so I’m not sure.

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

RCarr posted:

Oh 8 team league, that makes more sense. I honestly have no idea how to judge any value in an 8 team league so I’m not sure.

Yep, that's my issue. The more I think about dropping like $75 the more I think about kicking myself if the next guy bid $20.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
How is Robby Anderson your best WR in an 8 team league? What on earth happened in that draft?

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

Gobias Ind. posted:

How is Robby Anderson your best WR in an 8 team league? What on earth happened in that draft?

Drunk auction wherein I overspent on CMC and Kelce and got stuck trying to price enforce Murray.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Drunk auction wherein I overspent on CMC and Kelce and got stuck trying to price enforce Murray.

Ha, fair enough. Tee Higgins would be your best receiver; I'd be willing to drop half my FAAB I think. If you overpay, you overpay, but RCarr is right that he could very well be the best player on the wire all year.

e: This advice comes with the same caveat that I haven't/don't play in 8 team leagues, so my valuation could be off

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea I think I’d go about 50% of my budget. Maybe a little more if you want to be more sure you get him. Like the above poster said, if you overpay you overpay, but I’d rather overpay on a legit player than be stuck bidding on bums.

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

Good points, thanks all. I was able to drag myself out of my CMC-Mixon-Golladay picks last year, fingers crossed.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Yep, that's my issue. The more I think about dropping like $75 the more I think about kicking myself if the next guy bid $20.

I spent $37 on Antonio Brown last year in a league. Next closest was 9 bucks. My original bid of $11 would have been great but I tinkered like an idiot.

I am against the cap limit now. Not my best decision.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I'm a D'Andre Swift believer; someone dropped him in my faab league last year and I bid $52 of my 100 on him because he had keeper value. I thought it would be too much; I won the bid by $3.

He ended up helping a ton when I had some other RBs out injured or being lovely. And I kept him this year for, I think, a a 5th so now I have CMC Gibson Jacobs and Swift

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Sep 6, 2021

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Here's my team in my 12 team .5 PPR League, who do I drop for a Kicker and a DST? We start 2RB, 3WR, 1TE and 1 Flex.

QB: Tannehill, Lawrence
RB: Ekeler, Gus Edwards, Melvin Gordon, Fournette, James White, Tyson Williams
WR: DK Metcalf, Chris Godwin, DJ Moore, Sutton, Devante Parker, Russell Gage
TE: Mike Gesicki, Hunter Henry

I am assuming the advice will be Lawrence and Henry but just checking.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Stop trying to kill Gus' projections

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1434983151642808323

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Meyer just hates James Robinson lol

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
[quote="Epi Lepi" post="517529342"

I am assuming the advice will be Lawrence and Henry but just checking.
[/quote]

Redraft?
I drop hunter Henry here. Lawrence depends who is on waivers. I dont see him outperforming guys like Carr for a while.

Jonnu is gone right? He is the patriots TE to own.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

They have to do better than Edwards who is in the best of times pedestrian

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Justice Hill tore his achilles. NOW i'm gonna pick up Ty'son Williams in dynasty

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

ASAPRockySituation posted:

They have to do better than Edwards who is in the best of times pedestrian

Neither of them are better than Gus

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

kiimo posted:

Justice Hill tore his achilles. NOW i'm gonna pick up Ty'son Williams in dynasty

Oops, added him (and Gallman) in a bunch of dynasty leagues a few days ago, guess it's time to go diving for backups again

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Who do I drop for a kicker? 0PPR if that matters

Latavius Murray
DeVante Parker
Ty'Son Williams.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
I think if Williams can't beat out Bell or Freeman then he wasn't going to be rostering in fantasy anyways.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

dxt posted:

Who do I drop for a kicker? 0PPR if that matters

Latavius Murray
DeVante Parker
Ty'Son Williams.
Latavius Murray

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Who would you rather own in Dynasty? TySon Williams or Alexander Mattison?

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Spermy Smurf posted:

I drop hunter Henry here. Lawrence depends who is on waivers. I dont see him outperforming guys like Carr for a while.

Jonnu is gone right? He is the patriots TE to own.

Yeah redraft, and Jonnu is owned.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Worth dropping James White for Ty'Son Williams in 0.5 PPR redraft?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

Worth dropping James White for Ty'Son Williams in 0.5 PPR redraft?

you're never going to feel good starting a Patriots RB so from that alone yes.

EDIT: I reserve the right to retract this statement if Damien Harris or Rhamondre Stevenson have a monster year.