Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
From Ivan Reitman’s Instagram stories:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

text me a vag pic posted:

And look for Rubies proton pack, not Spirit. Rubie's doesn't sell directly, but adding that key term might help.

I found a single vendor in Australia selling it! It's this dumb trash that shoots silly string, total cost is $350

Yeahhhhhhhh I think I'll pass on that

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Are the Spirit Halloween neutrino wands worth a drat for some Ken looking to pick up an ok replica? I don't have a suit or pack or literally anything else, maybe someday. For now, just looking for the wand.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

They don’t sell the wand on its own, so if you don’t want the pack I’d snag the hasbro wand replica thing for a 100 or so. It looks cool from the pics.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Zavvi might still be knocking out the neutrona wand for 30% off with the code MERCH30. Give it a try now!

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I shall duck behind that little garbage car.

The_Doctor posted:

Zavvi might still be knocking out the neutrona wand for 30% off with the code MERCH30. Give it a try now!

Thank you for the heads-up on this, I snagged one at the 30% off price. I had forgotten about this wand coming out entirely until skimming this thread.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
It owns.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Adam Savage goes hooning in Ecto-1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VswBDMmMgsU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

It’s my favorite of the wands. You may find it at GameStop for 20-25% sometimes.

September is kind of the calm before the storm for the Detroit Ghostbusters. No big events until October.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I bought two and they arrived yesterday. Haven’t opened them yet though.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Film got delayed a week. New date is Nov 19th. Yes, really.

Anyway, I'd say it's worth it for this picture...

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

The_Doctor posted:

From Ivan Reitman’s Instagram stories:

Weird direction for Ghost Dog 2

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Film got delayed a week. New date is Nov 19th. Yes, really.

I say they push it back to February 14th.

Valentine's Day... bummer.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Jokes on you, I thought it was coming out in March.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Lets see what happens... when we take away the theatrical release.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Does releasing scary/paranormal movies really not receive any bump from releasing in October? Or is this movie considered above such frivolities and you only do that for movies that need an additional gimmick like Saw? “Hocus Pocus 2, now coming in April!!”

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Violator posted:

Does releasing scary/paranormal movies really not receive any bump from releasing in October? Or is this movie considered above such frivolities and you only do that for movies that need an additional gimmick like Saw? “Hocus Pocus 2, now coming in April!!”

I don't think there's any direct connection. There's a small bump probably thanks to marketing but I don't think any of the most successful horror franchises depend on Halloween, including the titular Halloween. I think Saw was the only one to really cling to that?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

If there were they would release basically every horror movie in October every year.

Violator
May 15, 2003

I declare movies should be released when seasonally appropriate from now. Walking out of the wintery cold of Batman Returns into the summer heat hosed me up as a little boy. Independence Day on July 4! Twister in late spring! Halloween in October! These are the old ways and the best ways!

gregday
May 23, 2003

Been doing some more work on my Matty Collector trap. Mainly weathering by way of scuffing/metallicizing the edges and replacing the stripe decals and upgrading to a metal foot plate. I really want to replace the hose and plastic connectors with some real quick release connectors. The main problem is I still want all the electronics to keep working, and the real trap/pedal side connectors are smaller than the plastic ones that Mattel built in, and I’m not sure not to handle the size difference. I keep wanting to do other little things like update to accurate light bulbs and a correct power switch. I’ve already installed real brass parts, tubes, and several real components like the resistor and the relay/socket.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

That looks great with the extra hardware and weathering, those traps were really the best of the GB hardware mattel released. I wish they had released more of them.

gregday
May 23, 2003

I only picked up my Matty trap about 2 years ago, after the prices were insane. I was a little apprehensive taking a Dremel to it for mods considering what I had to pay for it new in box.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

That’s a hell of a trap. Would love something like that as part of my kit.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG6rEzyWSyc

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

Sick, I love this kind of stuff, seeing the sets and all the minutiae of the process.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
i'm so mad rn

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Violator posted:

Supposedly they said it was crazy to release Scream on Christmas week but it killed at the box office (after a slow start, admittedly).

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

deoju posted:

i'm so mad rn

Everybody wearing one of these is more chill and having more fun than the guys with $1000+ screen-accurate, home-altered proton packs.

I don't have either one so I'm having no fun :(

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

King Vidiot posted:

Everybody wearing one of these is more chill and having more fun than the guys with $1000+ screen-accurate, home-altered proton packs.

I don't have either one so I'm having no fun :(

Ouch.

I'm not really upset. I was joking about how the pack was upside down, not really gatekeeping on quality. I'm glad the franchise is enjoying a resurgence.

deoju fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Sep 19, 2021

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

deoju posted:

i'm so mad rn

how cheap was this costume? I mean the spirit packs aren't that much really, this couldn't have been too much cheaper.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?
He's mad it's upsidedown

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Tom Guycot posted:

how cheap was this costume?
$35
The fabric looked pretty crummy. It's the kind that is nylon that gets ripped pretty easily, and wouldn't last very long. And that's fine for costume. They had some accessories that looked pretty good for the price. The goggles in particular.
https://www.target.com/p/adult-ghos...wE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Edit: OMG ITS UPSIDE DOWN IN SOME OF THE PHOTOS ON THE WEBSITE TOO.

deoju fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Sep 19, 2021

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

It looks like the 2016 pack!

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

It looks like the 2016 pack!

I feel bad for who ever designed the 2016 props, because they barely use them.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I like the pack, generally. The little digital read-outs are a nice touch. The only weird bit is the lunchbox drawer thing on the bottom half.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

The_Doctor posted:

I like the pack, generally. The little digital read-outs are a nice touch. The only weird bit is the lunchbox drawer thing on the bottom half.

That's to keep your meat warm.

WonkyBob
Jan 1, 2013

Holy shit, you own a skirt?!

Armacham posted:

That's to keep your meat warm.

The Protein Pack.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

WonkyBob posted:

The Protein Pack.

:golfclap:

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

The lunchbox part is where they keep the other ecto-weapons that they use instead of the proton packs, while they flip and whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gregday
May 23, 2003

Target also has pet costumes