Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Launchpad McQuack posted:

What is everyone gonna do when they can do stuff again?

Stay home, drink goon, and get mad at people on the internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Launchpad McQuack posted:

gently caress this negative poo poo. What is everyone gonna do when they can do stuff again? Come people look forward to some good poo poo and I want to hear it.

Looking forward to flying overseas and seeing friends in person again.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Best post-covid plan yet.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

beloved melbourne icon murdered by covid

https://twitter.com/kurtruslfanclub/status/1434745288997031936?s=20

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
So there's a spill on, the victorian libs are going to replace whoever it is now with the guy who lost the election.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

https://twitter.com/realCarrickRyan/status/1434752051133566980?s=20

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

So there's a spill on, the victorian libs are going to replace whoever it is now with the guy who lost the election.

It must be Tim Smith's time by now surely?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Eediot Jedi posted:

It must be Tim Smith's time by now surely?

I will report back to you when I find out who that is.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

lobster mobster guy, Guy?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

https://twitter.com/JamieTravers/status/1434777592217829379?s=20

IPA and NewsCorp continue to be very poo poo at this.

Not that the facts matter, they just want the initial headline knowing most people will never follow it up.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Synthbuttrange posted:

lobster mobster guy, beet

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
Beets more of a bean kinda guy

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
I youtubed Friendly to see if he had any updates about the defamation and terror charges

Powerful thumbnail optimisation

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
https://www.news.com.au/travel/trav...f4a9054a6d01858

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

I will report back to you when I find out who that is.

Wasn't he the guy from The Comedy Company?

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

This is my local. I went to a different Woolworths a few suburbs over today and aside from avocados, all the produce was in stock. This Woolworths is in a major suburb, inside a Westfields, and has been a bit susceptible to people panic buying over the last few lockdowns. I think the weekend traffic put a big dent in stock levels and it just reached a point where people panicked and cleared it. Aside from a few holes in the shelves, it hasn't been too bad the last fortnight.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Tokamak posted:

This is my local. I went to a different Woolworths a few suburbs over today and aside from avocados, all the produce was in stock. This Woolworths is in a major suburb, inside a Westfields, and has been a bit susceptible to people panic buying over the last few lockdowns. I think the weekend traffic put a big dent in stock levels and it just reached a point where people panicked and cleared it. Aside from a few holes in the shelves, it hasn't been too bad the last fortnight.

Your stop was probably earlier deliveries on the supply line, they don't ration their orders. If a shop needs a couple hundred apples, they don't say "oh no the next place needs a couple hundred apples we're contracted for too let's split the diffence" the next shop just doesn't get any apples. These places are in competition, not in public service

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Sep 6, 2021

Tomberforce
May 30, 2006

I had to buy wholemeal flour instead of normal flour the other day because there was no normal flour left.

That is my panic buying story.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

quote:

“In hindsight, I would not have taken that trip knowing what I know now,” he said.

“The office won‘t do that again. You learn from these things.”

fatman
Oct 20, 2005

"I DON'T WANT A RIOTING SCUMBAG AS A NEIGHBOUR"? WELL I DON'T WANT A FUCKWIT GUN NUT AS A POSTER
:fuckoff:

Its a pity the Peta Credlin rumour is not coming to fruition.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

hey look back in my day all we had was the Rialto and the view was... the same?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

For those who have no interest in clicking a blind link to news.com.au:

quote:

Scott Morrison granted travel exemption for Father’s Day dash to Sydney on VIP jet

Scott Morrison secured a travel exemption to return to Sydney for Father’s Day over the weekend despite prohibitions that require anyone visiting Sydney to isolate on return to Canberra for 14 days.

The Prime Minister’s office has confirmed Mr Morrison flew on a taxpayer-funded VIP flight to Sydney on Friday afternoon and that he returned on Monday morning.

News.com.au understands he was planning to relocate to Sydney for the foreseeable future after seven weeks away from his family in Canberra.

However, those plans changed when he had to return to Canberra briefly for a meeting of the national security committee of cabinet that could not be conducted remotely for security reasons.

Wow, it's almost like there's a pattern here with this oval office.

Wish he'd relocate the gently caress off from Australia for the foreseeable future.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Oh thank god, we aren’t the only ones with morons.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
He doesn’t give a poo poo about anyone else

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Merry Spillmas everyone

Enjoy a #libspill where a party who suffered a landslide defeat with the corrupt Mr. Guy at the helm decides to reinstall him as party leader today and overthrowing Millhouse O'Brien aka Mr 15% approval rating.

:auspol:

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/413580417854210058/884548777812328478/video0.mp4

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Looks like O’Brien was about as effective against Guy as he was against Andrews

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

gay picnic defence posted:

Looks like O’Brien was about as effective against Guy as he was against Andrews

Appropriate that Guy won unopposed since that’s the only way he’d win the actual election

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
So Scotty had his secret trip to Sydney for Father's Day to avoid lockdowns.

Planespotters in Canberra uncovered his trip when the RAAF jet took off, Scotty's office released a picture when Samantha Maiden found out he'd taken a secret trip (she found out about the secret Hawaii trip too) and now it turns out the photo released is old... And not a great event to repurpose either

https://twitter.com/ninafunnell/status/1434983547832397825?t=nDh5gE5ueJVpSmvKiSGnng&s=19

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Lmao that full picture

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

I mean not that the original with him interrogating a dove is any less bizarre.

But that's marketing.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

drunkill posted:

So Scotty had his secret trip to Sydney for Father's Day to avoid lockdowns.

Planespotters in Canberra uncovered his trip when the RAAF jet took off, Scotty's office released a picture when Samantha Maiden found out he'd taken a secret trip (she found out about the secret Hawaii trip too) and now it turns out the photo released is old... And not a great event to repurpose either

https://twitter.com/ninafunnell/status/1434983547832397825?t=nDh5gE5ueJVpSmvKiSGnng&s=19

At this stage I honestly can't tell whether it's incompetence or deliberate to make lefties seem unhinged screaming about this poo poo online :shrug:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Solemn Sloth posted:

At this stage I honestly can't tell whether it's incompetence or deliberate to make lefties seem unhinged screaming about this poo poo online :shrug:

It's ridiculous.

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

know before Whom you stand
the triumphant return of matty guy is the new year's gift i deserve

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Ah yes the traditional father's day dove release.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

fathers, notoriously peaceful creatures

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Solemn Sloth posted:

I would argue it's because no-one cares.

Seriously, look at how publicly and obviously incompetent ScoMo has been. Look at the many and varied ways he has been provably stupid and bad at his job. Look at the multitude of policy mistakes that have caused actual physical harm and pain to his constituents and the rest of the country.

Then look at how many votes it has lost him. He hasn't changed a single voter's mind. Whilst it is true that he has not persuaded a single human being to voe Liberal that otherwise wouldn't have, it is more damning to say that every single oval office that voted Liberal last time will do so again despite Morrisson being an incompetent fuckwit.

He'll say "Labah waste" and "reffos out", and all his incompetence will be ignored by the Liberal voters, and the bastard will win another election. Because nobody cares.

It sucks, it's doomposting, and I hope against hope that I am wrong, but its Australia.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Nah mate you're way off base, I'm sure albo, the bag of pantry-moth infested flour with all the charisma of a half eaten urinal cake will lead fed Labor to glorious victory.

And Gladys has a real reckoning coming from.... who the gently caress even is the NSW Labor leader, is that even a real person or party? Do they actually exist? Find me one person in this country who can name them without googling for several hours

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

aejix posted:

Nah mate you're way off base, I'm sure albo, the bag of pantry-moth infested flour with all the charisma of a half eaten urinal cake will lead fed Labor to glorious victory.

And Gladys has a real reckoning coming from.... who the gently caress even is the NSW Labor leader, is that even a real person or party? Do they actually exist? Find me one person in this country who can name them without googling for several hours

he once wore a north face jacket in the hopes people would confuse him for someone they had heard of

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Solemn Sloth posted:

he once wore a north face jacket in the hopes people would confuse him for someone they had heard of

Silly petty question:

Did North Face get a noticable uptick/downtick in sales due to Chairman Dan's constant product placement?

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

know before Whom you stand
north face meant good news, wasn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

BrigadierSensible posted:

Silly petty question:

Did North Face get a noticable uptick/downtick in sales due to Chairman Dan's constant product placement?

No idea about sales, but the google trend doesn't really appear very different from a regular winter uptick