Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Juul-Whip posted:

Annamie Paul trailing Blanchet in this poll for "preferred prime minister" :laugh:

https://twitter.com/CanadianPolling/status/1435027244473360387

this is literally the dumbest possible way to poll nationally besides all the other ways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Juul-Whip posted:

Annamie Paul trailing Blanchet in this poll for "preferred prime minister" :laugh:

https://twitter.com/CanadianPolling/status/1435027244473360387

as a leftist millennial wokescold i would vote for o'toole ahead of paul if i was solely voting for PM. i am 100% serious

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
I continue to be convinced that Paul was chosen by May as the "if I can't be the leader no one can" nuclear option

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Arivia posted:

as a leftist millennial wokescold i would vote for o'toole ahead of paul if i was solely voting for PM. i am 100% serious

pass

not that i can vote atm but i would probably just not in that case. i will pretty much never countenance actively giving the tories a shred of accountability or respect

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
https://twitter.com/MarcScottEmery/status/1435046369614569472?s=20

Weed boi bout to get some questions.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

Oysters Autobio posted:

I somehow doubt that the gun nut TFR posters in this thread are just concerned with the specific jurisprudence and enforcement of the Regulations, and how problematic it is to use Orders in Council to enact changes to the laws.

Give me a break, no one believes this bullshit "oh no see I didn't say anything about being pro or anti gun control you see, I just think s.23 of the Regulations definition of firing mechanism is overly broad and because I'm a stickler for good jurisprudence" when in reality its "no! i like PEW PEW! if u take pew pew, I will be mad"

That's uh, a pretty hot take there on my motives. pokeyman asked if Canada has a definition of semi-automatic to make it so only bolt action/single shots are allowed. I linked the regulations so they can see yeah semi-automatic has a fairly robust definition so if the Government went "Semi-automatic is a prohibited characteristic" what follows by the definition is guns have to be not semi-automatic to be legal ie manual action only since no semi-auto means the person has to complete the full reload cycle of the action

I do think it's bullshit how the LPC enacted the regulations and the by-name bans, but I'm not going to call it illegal they enacted it. Just that the LPC are politicking for votes and not because they believe that Canadians will be safer by the OiC.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Not much use arguing with a thread full of closet liberals when it comes to their superiority complex.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Oysters Autobio posted:

I somehow doubt that the gun nut TFR posters in this thread are just concerned with the specific jurisprudence and enforcement of the Regulations, and how problematic it is to use Orders in Council to enact changes to the laws.

Give me a break, no one believes this bullshit "oh no see I didn't say anything about being pro or anti gun control you see, I just think s.23 of the Regulations definition of firing mechanism is overly broad and because I'm a stickler for good jurisprudence" when in reality its "no! i like PEW PEW! if u take pew pew, I will be mad"

Chillyrabbit's explaining the laws that are in place and will be put in place. I don't think that's some wild pro-gun advocacy by any stretch.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

he's such a weirdo sexpest racist, he needs to stay in his weed corner

helmer is one of our councillors

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Liberals did a bad job of writing needed laws?

I don't believe you!

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

mediaphage posted:

he's such a weirdo sexpest racist, he needs to stay in his weed corner

helmer is one of our councillors

Funnily enough he backed Trudeau a few years back because of his platform on weed legalization.

Dude is stupid and a shithead.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

StealthArcher posted:

Not much use arguing with a thread full of closet liberals when it comes to their superiority complex.

The only thing closeted here is bisexuality so how dare you.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

so we've established that emery posts in cspam

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

infernal machines posted:

so we've established that emery posts in cspam

StealthArcher posted:

mods?!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

apatheticman posted:

I don't know about everyone else but I don't have to continuously make pedantic arguments about my hobby and its tendency to enable the mass killings of people.

Then again stamp collecting....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxDK-gjx_48&t=64s

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

yeah i also think we need to disarm the proletariat because of intelligence agency false flag operations

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
Opposing gun control in the name of fighting the police/their fascist collaborators is very silly. They won't kill you any softer or put you any less in jail because you fought back with legally owned weapons.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Bilirubin posted:

IDK a chess set could be a lethal weapon, if thrown hard enough

you can't say that, you're going to get cancelled

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
is marc emery the one that was chasing after 14 year olds

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
yes

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

DariusLikewise posted:

Bilirubin posted:

IDK a chess set could be a lethal weapon, if thrown hard enough

Does anyone know where Marc Emery lives? I have a marble chessboard I think he would be interested in seeing... (I'm kidding. My marble chessboard is too drat heavy and valuable to risk breaking on a piece of poo poo like that)

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Randalor posted:

Does anyone know where Marc Emery lives? I have a marble chessboard I think he would be interested in seeing... (I'm kidding. My marble chessboard is too drat heavy and valuable to risk breaking on a piece of poo poo like that)

hes from london but i didnt know if hed moved back here

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Rockstar Massacre posted:

Opposing gun control in the name of fighting the police/their fascist collaborators is very silly. They won't kill you any softer or put you any less in jail because you fought back with legally owned weapons.

Every gun owner thinks they'll be Rambo and will be able to defend themselves against an evil overreaching government.

Left wing gun nuts are definitely bigger morons than conservative ones, since they should know better.

Yeah having a simple rifle or shotgun for plinking or hunting is fine, but anyone who dreams that their freedom and personal security will be defended by their firearm is a drat fool.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
IDC about gun control, the real problem is collectors. There's no difference between people who own 100 guns or 100 Funko poops or 100 paintings, they're all sick individuals

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Colonel Cancer posted:

IDC about gun control, the real problem is collectors. There's no difference between people who own 100 guns or 100 Funko poops or 100 paintings, they're all sick individuals

i'm very hurt you'd characterize my library of D&D books as a "problem"

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Colonel Cancer posted:

100 Funko poops

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i don't really see firearm ownership being a big problem in canada, i'm fine with the way it is now. i have no intention of ever owning any firearms but imo every good leftist should be unafraid of and trained in firearms usage. they're not going away and canada is one of the most heavily armed nations on earth, its pragmatic to be at least acquainted with them

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

DariusLikewise posted:

"How libertarian are you, on a scale of 8-15?"

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Why am I seeing retweets from loving Charles Adler of all people

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

Why am I seeing retweets from loving Charles Adler of all people

that's because you're not drinking enough BUD LIGHT RADLER

A Scary Little Dog
Mar 12, 2006

YIP YIP MOTHERFUCKER
so my wife and I went grocery shopping today, and along the road we saw an election sign for the loving Nazi party (PPC, of course). this is the first time I've ever seen them advertising in my little province. as a home-owning, tax-paying transgender man, I naturally want to piss all over that sign with my mighty mangina. however, I fully understand the legality of doing anything at all to a campaign sign. plus, the sign is at a busy 3-way intersection so I doubt I could get away with any defacing, piss or paint or otherwise.

how do you fight back against a literal Nazi campaigning in your area? I guess there's probably nothing to be done but flip the sign off every time we pass by, since they'll never get voted in, but...its existence makes me want to vomit. should I vomit on it, maybe??

(but seriously we don't know if there's something we can do besides ignoring it. is there??)

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

A Scary Little Dog posted:

so my wife and I went grocery shopping today, and along the road we saw an election sign for the loving Nazi party (PPC, of course). this is the first time I've ever seen them advertising in my little province. as a home-owning, tax-paying transgender man, I naturally want to piss all over that sign with my mighty mangina. however, I fully understand the legality of doing anything at all to a campaign sign. plus, the sign is at a busy 3-way intersection so I doubt I could get away with any defacing, piss or paint or otherwise.

how do you fight back against a literal Nazi campaigning in your area? I guess there's probably nothing to be done but flip the sign off every time we pass by, since they'll never get voted in, but...its existence makes me want to vomit. should I vomit on it, maybe??

(but seriously we don't know if there's something we can do besides ignoring it. is there??)

i can tell you that like in minecraft, unpopular election signs mysteriously get destroyed all the time in the middle of the night in my experience

e: i'm not saying i have destroyed signs. but i did put a bunch of signs out for the greens as a teenager and wow, the next morning they'd all disappeared and been replaced by lib/con signs on that busy, high-visibility highway median

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

^^

unfortunately i dont think there is. but i also think its fine to remember who put those signs up and do your best to exclude them from society in whatever ways you can

mediaphage has issued a correction as of 18:08 on Sep 7, 2021

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

mediaphage posted:

amazing

trudeau was in town tonight and people were throwing rocks at him as he left. this is continually escalating.

https://twitter.com/iamSas/status/1435010287988580356

Blessed

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Arivia posted:

that's because you're not drinking enough BUD LIGHT RADLER

god radlers are such a waste of time

A Scary Little Dog
Mar 12, 2006

YIP YIP MOTHERFUCKER
legit, thanks goons. it just really shocked and disgusted me to see that around here.

I don't intend to break any laws, but we'll see what happens / if someone else takes care of it (hopefully).

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

rip it down and throw it in the trash. if someone confronts you, run away

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/NakulaDas3/status/1434987532287160326

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

mediaphage posted:

^^

unfortunately i dont think there is. but i also think its fine to remember who put those signs up and do your best to exclude them from society in whatever ways you can

I want to rescue that stuffed sheep, and wash it, and give it a comfortable life on the couch as a throw pillow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

legit, thanks goons. it just really shocked and disgusted me to see that around here.

I don't intend to break any laws, but we'll see what happens / if someone else takes care of it (hopefully).

there's a rule of thumb for election signs: if it's anywhere public anyone is going to care about (ie: not a quiet residential street), it's going to get vandalized by someone. that's why if it's REALLY valuable real estate, you put one of those big signs that mounts to wooden stakes driven into the ground there, because it makes it much more difficult to gently caress up. otherwise it's guaranteed not to last if anyone cares at all

people vandalize signs all the time, it's an unspoken truth of canadian elections